Redditors of the Galaxy

Now that the memes have settled, was it kino?

I cringed the whole way through.

ye

the first one was better, but it's still alright for a superhero flick

It wasn't bad.

ITT: Movies only you remember

Yes

first one was
second was disappointing but still better than most of the mcu

Did we watch tge same movie? The 1st was a 6/10 quipfest. The 2nd was a 8/10 action movie with heart and good chracters

It's not flawless but yes. James Gunn has yet to make a bad film. Slither is his worst and even that's a solid flick. Super remains his best.
And I mean his real movies I ain't seen no Troma shit.

They're hardly superheroes though

Yes, you're just wrong. First film was an awesome space adventure that was pretty funny. Second was a lazy retreading of the first with jokes every ten seconds that mostly didn't land (and not just me, the theatre wasn't laughing at the majority of jokes and it was pretty packed) and too many storylines that completely fucked the pacing

I thought both of them were better than Wonder Woman.
Just watched that hdrip yesterday and boy was that turd hyped up like crazy.

second one was such a borefest, the entire muh father plot was super boring

>first was a quipfest
>second wasn't
What the fuck? Vol2 is way worse in that regard and peter dealing with his mom's death holds more emotion than yondu's death it's not even a contest.

Ok so tell me what ronins core character traits were? How did they contribute to his character motivation?

And I honestly thought the second was funnier. The sovereign running their drones from an arcade made me kek and I thought drax and yandu was funnier in the second one.

I don't see how 2 was a retread they were in fact very different movies almost opposites

shitty as fuck

I loved 2 but I think they went overboard with Drax and turned him into too much of a giggling retard.

I appreciate the effort put into giving almost every character an arc, but I fucking hated the "humor". I have a feeling that the fucking ten-jokes-per-minute humor and the golden people were concessions that Gunn had to make to Marvel so he could get away with all the other weird shit he had in there. Fuck whoever came up with the trash panda joke, the cringey Mantis-Drax sex jokes that came right after he compared her to his daughter, and the giant Pac Man in the final fight. It has a few elements that get better if you think about them (the carpet getting stuck comes to mind, as well as p much everything related to Yondu) but there's so much that falls apart (most of the jokes, the obligatory line of self-aware dialogue that trailed the ends of all the jokes to let the audience know they'd heard a joke, and especially the villain's actions, but hey when the fuck have these things made any sense)

Neat to see a director focus this much on characters but the humor is almost too shit to bear.

I just remembered the Taserface scene and the scene where they ask Groot to get Yondu's fin.
Those were terrible but the rest was okay.

I thought the Groot and Yondu scene was kind of cute, some of the taserface stuff fell flat though.

>shitty references
>try hard humour
>weak plot
>shittier than avarege mcu villain

Pretty bad

The trouble with the second one is the pacing. The first and third acts are fine, but the second act varies from short to barely existent for some of the characters. It definitely feels like the middle part of a trilogy, which I suppose it is...

>I thought both of them were better than Wonder Woman.
Yeah, but that doesn't take much. You remove the political component and there's no way that Wonder Woman would be getting the love that it is doing. It's a First Avenger/Thor tier movie at best.

First avenger > Wonder Woman >>>>>>> Thor 1

>>shittier than avarege mcu villain
bull
fucking
shit

The 1st one is pretty strong prologue to the whole universe. The 2nd one seems not having the sense the direction. Sooo .... The best way to hold things together is that to create concrete map on the universe give each installment sense of where it heading, user. It's too early to say whether this whole efforts itself is lame or not.

How come there's no KORSUB of this thing yet

lolno

First Avenger is the worst MCU movie.

Fucking awful, forced humour, forced cute moments, forced emotional scenes. Everything is forced and fake. No wonder critics and audiences liked Wonder Woman better

>No wonder critics and audiences liked Wonder Woman better

>goes to see comic book movie
>takes it seriously enough to cringe

you gay

>No wonder critics and audiences liked Wonder Woman better
What did Wonder Woman have going for it? The lead actress literally cannot act.

The only problem I have with the second act is some of the Gamora stuff. I could have lived without it but it's the only pacing problem I saw.

So do your parents whenever they look at you

Which had the better Awesome Mix?

2nd film

>ELO
>Fleetwood Mac
>Sweet
>Cat Stevens
>Looking Glass

every track was better fitted into the movie too

Is that sarcasm?This shit looks terrible

I was surprised they actually had the balls to destroy that walkman

This movie is cringeworthy even by capeshit standards, is like watching a cartoon for kids and all characters saying flawed basic lessons

Meh it was gonna come back anyway

The Zune joke was funny at least

>is like watching a cartoon for kids

guess who the target market is for the film about a talking racoon and a baby living tree fighting bad guys in space while listening to funky songs

It was a cartoon movie for manchildren and children with dumb parents.

Here's what's going to happen in this thread.

Op is going to shit post about something he doesn't like

Some people will be dumb enough to respond.

Op will respond with "nuh uh! You faggot!"

Some people will respond with "yeah huh! You're the faggot!"

And that will be the whole topic.

Looks like they're dancing, are you shitposting on me? There is a reason why this movie is the most infamous one in the whole MCU franchise.

give me a link you faggots. I wanna watch it but am too poor to go to the movies.

You are an insufferable pleb.

GOTG1 had better songs but the songs in GOTG2 were integrated into their scenes better. It's a wash really.

I don't see anyone taking his bait and just a civil discussion for the most part about the GotG movies.

>"There's no drama going on in here!"
>"I KNOW, I'LL CAUSE SOME!!"

you were hated in school because of this

Gib download link for GOTG2 nao pls

There's a semi decent HD TS but the audio has terrible crackling

>kino

indeed

Rocket's deranged laughter is genuinely disturbing in this scene.

You probably tick either of those boxes (or both) so by that logic you would love it.

Space opera kino

I kind of expected the "this is reddit this is memes this is reddit" pasta to be posted by now.

Fuck the people gouging the vintage cassette player market.

Who cares? The only people who want the things are the ones cosplaying as Star-Lord anyway. They can always buy the replicas that have to be out there by now.

The Sony TPS-L2 already was a rarity on its own since it's the first Walkman, GotG's popularity didn't raise the price by much

I collected them before the movie came out. I wonder if zunes will go through the roof.

Not much, it's the first gen Zune 30gb (brown) there's a lot more being put on eBay now because of the movie though.

OP here I thought my thread died desu and left it until now.

Thanks for creating a strawman to act like you fit in.
You fucking faggot

Seems like a strange thing to collect, but who am I to judge.

They basically flanderized Drax. Same thing happened to CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow. These fucking writers are like that annoying kid at school who actually makes a funny joke one time and then repeats it ad nauseam.

Not necessarily flanderization. More like character development. Drax has left his monomaniacal crusade for revenge behind and is opening up to the Guardians more. Something of the opposite happens with Rocket as he becomes more and more irritable due to his emotional issues.

Yes he was opening up which is cool but goddamn it felt like he was laughing every 2 minutes.

No lie, there were a few too many jokes. Hopefully Gunn will tone it down a bit in the next movie.