Stop eating pork

Pork is haram in Islam my friend. Watch this appeal to emotion movie and stop engaging in activities that would make Allah (PBUH) angry.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultured_meat
washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/11/italian-baby-fed-vegan-diet-hospitalized-for-malnutrition/?utm_term=.781d7c6822fa
news.cornell.edu/stories/1997/08/us-could-feed-800-million-people-grain-livestock-eat
nptrust.org/philanthropic-resources/charitable-giving-statistics/
agcensus.usda.gov/Publications/2012/Online_Resources/Highlights/Farm_Demographics/
data.worldbank.org/indicator/AG.LND.ARBL.ZS?locations=US
youtube.com/watch?v=DpYt8JmYkSs
youtube.com/watch?v=OlmAaOdK6nk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pork is harmful for health.

pigs has too of a similar flesh to humans, it is actually harmful to eat it too often

I will eat that pork on steroids and there is nothing you can do about it

Too much of life is fatal.

Pork is unhealthy
Pigs are smarter than dogs
Pigs are bad for the environment

Yeah, its all a jewish plot. Especially when a Korean kino-maker does it.

Pigs are smarter than 4yo kids, it's more moral to eat kids.

>human flesh is harmful to eat

Only certain parts like the brain, spine, bone marrow and small intestines.

>totoro ripoff with a message that just happens to align with the religion the invading barbarian follow
>paying for Sorosflix in 2017

>watch this movie
>thought it was decent, but really good at evoking emotion
>try to see what others thought of it
>it's just faggots arguing about veganism

What did you expect?

Most "people" are incapable of not projecting their own political views onto everything.

whoa you're so smart

I nearly cried when the pig parents released their baby. Still eat meat though.

Not an argument.

Whoa, you're not smart.

Good little Redditors, just echo eachother and avoid confrontation

>Meat
>Bad for your health
>Kills sentient beings unnecessarily
>Bad for the environment
There is literally no justifiable reaaon to eat meat

Make an argument kiddo. Sofar its alot of weak shitposting.

It tastes good. Plus lab grown meat will be a thing.

All consumption of meat is inflicting harm and terror upon innocent animals, whom we are mean't to steward by our position at the top of the food chain. I'm not saying it's unnatural to eat or not eat meat, since there are cases of both within nature, but we, as a species, should at least acknowledge that we could get by without inflicting suffering on other creatures and that eating meat is exactly that, unnecessary suffering cast against a weaker creature.

As far as that anti-Muslim shit goes, keep it to Sup Forums, you hate mongering faggot.

>t. guy eating a slice of pepperoni pizza as I write this

>it's an "user is too cool and smart to hold any deep convictions" episode

Hello, Reddit!

>fight me

Not an argument. Raping women feels good, so should I be allowed to rape women freely and without punishment?

I wish I was dumb enough to hate on a movie just because it doesn't appeal to my political/social views

Literally this
What the fuck? I want to love this film since it was made so well, but fucking strawman arguments and equivocations out of its ass
This film isn't just subtext I don't agree with, it's full on propaganda

The augment is more in line that I will eat lab grown meat instead.

This film makes it impossible to distinguish the artistic merit from its ideology. And I hate the filmmakers for that. It's dishonest filmmaking.

If they were grown in a lab, yeah

This, eat dogs instead like civilized Koreans.

It's never "impossible" to distinguish artistic merit from ideology. See: Birth of a Nation, Triumph of the Will. You just can't be bothered to try because it's something you don't agree with and that triggers you

That picture is fucking appalling
>if we pretend to acknowledge all these arguments for eating meat, it's like we're responding to them! But all we're actually doing is drawing a world without meat eaters as looking more pleasant than a world where people eat meat, with no actual argument

>movie makes a statement about contemporary times
>dishonest

yeah, why should artists try to put messages into their art work?

i just wanna see capt america punch a guy in the face and more explosions plz

>director is not a vegan
>main characters are not vegan
>movie goes out of its way to make fun of over-the-top vegans and environmentalists
>people pretend that the movie is shilling veganism

>a film that exposes the pig industry
>dishonest

Your buzzwords arent adequate to hide your apparent lack of intellect.

>implying any of those are even arguments
They're bullshit excuses.
Like I said, there's no justifiable reason for eating meat. If you disagree with me, prove me wrong with one of those great arguments that I probably can't even refute.

So what do you do with all the animals that are no longer being eaten? They will no longer gonna be cared for since there is no value in it and releasing them into the wild would totally fuck things up. Admit it. All the those farm animals were born to die.

There's no evidence suggesting that lab grown meat is even a possibility.

meat is murder

>releasing them into the wild would totally fuck things up
In what way? Pigs, cows, and chickens aren't predatory animals, so how would it harm the food chain?

It's impossible when the film is literally propaganda.
There are loads of films I'm ideologically opposed to that I still recognise as great films. This goes further than that

The film is a very obvious metaphor for pigs. The film only works with fictional versions of pigs though because no one cares about pigs being killed because, regardless of how smart they are, pigs are nowhere near as intelligent as these super pigs.
If their argument was strong enough, they wouldn't have used fictional animals. They did so only to emotionally manipulate the audience. It's shameful.

See above

I'll quit eating pork, I prefer ham or bacon anyway

>Allah (PBUH)

>literally propaganda
Both of those films were also literally propaganda, especially Triumph of the Will

>There's no evidence suggesting that lab grown meat is even a possibility.

You sure?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultured_meat

>On August 5, 2013, the world's first lab-grown burger was cooked and eaten at a news conference in London. Scientists from Maastricht University in the Netherlands

I eat meat because it tastes good. The onus is on you to explain why we shouldn't eat meat. Your arguments boil down to "muh emotions!"
It's also completely hypocritical since the majority of vegans/vegentarians I know (I know quite a few) still wear leather shoes and are fine with buying/wearing diamonds; nevermind not giving a shit about fair trade coffee and sugar
And fucking everyone has an iphone

The meat industry is just quite a convenient way to pretend to be superior in your own retarded way

hello! reddit

>The film is a very obvious metaphor for pigs.
No, its about literal pigs you fucking moron.

>you on the right

I haven't seen the original Birth of a Nation or Triumph of the Will, so I reserve judgment.

They would compete with the wild animals already there and those animals are already dealing with people encroaching on their territory. It would be devastating for those animals

>There is literally no justifiable reaaon to eat meat

Not wanting to stunt your children's growth?

>they should have used real pigs

Fuck off, nigger. You don't get to tell people how and how not to express themselves. It was a creative move not unlike Disney has done for decades to imbue the creature with innocence and cuteness so as to drive home the point that these animals are exploited. Art is about finding new avenues to express reenvisioned ideas.

You're welcome to not like the movie, but you're the one being dishonest. It's not a fucking documentary about slaughterhouses, it's a kids movie with a cute creature that has a mostly agreeable message about how we mistreat animals in a variety of ways.

Stop trying so hard to act like the movie is a grand political statement. It's just a fucking movie that you didn't like. And not even an unconventional movie at that. This story has been done before in different iterations across different mediums. Move on with your life, bro.

>No, its about literal pigs you fucking moron.
>literal pigs that are smart enough to figure out how to use a log as a pulley to save a girls life
The funny thing is that you probably genuinely believe your own bullshit

> pbuh

This. "Muh animal suffering" but the fucking luxury of being vegan is only really aviable on the suffering of men, women and children world over. It's selective apathy.

>I eat meat because it tastes good.
Not an argument
>Your arguments boil down to "muh emotions!"
Not an argument either. We base most of our societal laws and rules on emotion. Why can't I just go out and murder people? "Muh emotions"
>the majority of vegans/vegentarians I know (I know quite a few) still wear leather shoes and are fine with buying/wearing diamonds; nevermind not giving a shit about fair trade coffee and sugar
That doesn't make veganism hypocritical, it makes those specific people hypocritical.

>Why can't I just go out and murder people?

You can't.

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/11/italian-baby-fed-vegan-diet-hospitalized-for-malnutrition/?utm_term=.781d7c6822fa
>When an Italian baby was taken to hospital in Milan earlier this month by his grandparents, doctors there were shocked by the baby’s condition. At 14 months old, he weighed only slightly more than a 3-month-old, according to the Local Italy.
>Upon further examination, a more harrowing picture began to take shape. The baby, whose parents allegedly kept him on a vegan diet without providing dietary supplements, was found to be severely malnourished, suffering from dangerously low calcium levels. Complicating matters, the baby had to undergo an emergency operation because of a congenital heart condition, which was aggravated by his low calcium levels.

> You don't get to tell people how and how not to express themselves
I do when they're trying to make a real-world argument. Or should we pretend that black people are actually way more advanced than the rest of the world because of Wakanda in the marvel universe?
>inb4 that's different!

> It was a creative move not unlike Disney has done for decades to imbue the creature with innocence and cuteness so as to drive home the point that these animals are exploited
Disney made cartoons for kids that had very little in the way of social messages. The films were about hope, believing in yourself and looking out for one another
Not that an entire industry is evil. If you can't see the difference than you're literally brainwashed

>it's a kids movie
>Drops an f-bomb in the opening 5 minutes
>has a pretty uncomfortable rape scene
>has an alcoholic washed up presenter showcased
>ends with holocaust imagery
>has scenes of police brutality and multiple instances of violence
You're an idiot if you think it was a kids' film. Only eco warriors would show children a film like that

>vegan "protein"

>vegans literally can't respond to this

you realize none of those are complete proteins right?
all meat is complete protein
youre not getting anywhere near the variety of amino acids your body requires unless you eat like 5-6 of those every single day

>the fucking luxury of being vegan is only really aviable on the suffering of men, women and children world over. It's selective apathy.
Most of our crops go towards feeding livestock. If the entire US went vegan we'd have enough food to feed another 800 million people.

You can apply this to literally any attempt to reduce any sort of suffering and dismiss it. It's garbage tier philosophy you are trying to do and I am not even vegan.

>unless you eat like 5-6 of those every single day
And what's the issue with eating a variety of foods? Are you telling me you eat nothing but meat all day?

>implying that people are staring because of food shortages
Oh, my sweet child. So naive

Animals aren't people so you can't rape one
Gaygan: 0
Normal people: 1

It would be devastating to some, but not others. Pigs are actual a special case- domesticated pigs have been known to go feral very quickly after being released in the wild. It would actually be more of a detriment to us, because they also reproduce and proliferate at rapid rates once they go wild and have had a history of damaging crops and property because of it. There are places in the US where people are paid to shoot them down because their populations are so high.

If we're talking about the "happiness" of the pig, well, define happiness. Domesticated pigs are bred for slaughter, but pigs don't think exactly like humans do. We think it's horrific because we have more abstract ideas about what it means to be happy and value things like freedom. Pigs in nature, however, only care about getting shelter, survival, and spreading their genes. Feral pigs are much more aggressive, stressed, and tend to be disease-ridden and covered in parasites because they have to fight for survival on a daily basis. Domesticated pigs are given mostly everything they would need.

and it would, if the 800 million people were willing or able to pay for it. In fact, since US households spend less on food today than ever, the US could just pony up the cash, eat meat and STILL feed the poor - but people don't, and they didn't a hundred years ago when farmers were burning wheat instead of selling it at low prices while people were starving to death in Russia. Why is it that veganism, exactly, is the solution to world hunger?

>the US could just pony up the cash, eat meat and STILL feed the poor
Prove it

I honestly don't get the message. What's the point in having that as the basis of your film if you don't support the cause? Free liberal points? Cool CGI?

I pretty much use lean ground pork instead of beef whenever possible. It's cheaper per pound, and has less fat and cholesterol. Pork loin is actually pretty similar to poultry as far as protein vs fat. I love making pork burgers, taco meat with ground pork and the Thai dish pad gra pow muu. When I purchase beef I'm surely going to avoid halal labels because not only is hanging an animal upside down and slitting their throat cruel af, it also makes them extremely anxious at the moment of death, flooding their muscular system with hormones that make the flesh tough and less flavorful. I respect your choice of religion but you should probably try converting people on other merits, as the cuisine choices available to you are terrible tasting and more cruel to animals.

they're literally called super-pigs in the film you colossal idiot

But it's not even arguments.
We start with an opinion, or a conviction about the morality of action "Doing X is not bad". Then we reflect on the reason for our conviction, and seek out the principle on which it is based: “Ancestors have been doing it”. So, actual argument is - if ancestors have been doing X X is not bad. - That's how you do it!

you have time to make inventive and new meals out of flaxseed, hemp seeds, almonds, garbanzo beans, and tofu? what does that taste like?

That's not how morality works.
We don't have to justify that any given action isn't bad. Someone else claims that an inaction is actually morally impermissible and then their claim is examined.
Kant's categorical imperative is fucking retarded.

feed crops are roughly half of US grain production, worth $80 bn.
news.cornell.edu/stories/1997/08/us-could-feed-800-million-people-grain-livestock-eat

for comparison, charitable donations were nearly five times as high
nptrust.org/philanthropic-resources/charitable-giving-statistics/

US farmland is somewhere over 900 million acres, US farmer population somewhere over 2.1 million
agcensus.usda.gov/Publications/2012/Online_Resources/Highlights/Farm_Demographics/

16.9% of the US' 2.4 bn. acres of land are considered arable, giving around 410 million acres of arable land
data.worldbank.org/indicator/AG.LND.ARBL.ZS?locations=US

unemployment is intuitively high enough that if even a small fraction of charitable donations, unemployed manpower and unused arable land were put toward producing food the problem would be solved. This is besides imposing a tax (it takes $80 bn to feed 800 million people, i.e. an arbitrarily small number for the US government)

I'm talking about how to make grammatically right arguments.

>grain
carbs are bad and not fitted for human consumption so it's better to use them for pigs and other animals

Takes as much time and effort as any other food. Tastes the same too.

>The baby, whose parents allegedly kept him on a vegan diet without providing dietary supplements
>vegan diet without providing dietary supplements

FUCKING IDIOTS

>i-its not about pigs
>literally a pig

Youre retarded m8.

Yeah user keep eating that healthy pork! Do humanity a favor and keep eating that pork.

Worst thread on Sup Forums
Worse than sunny and backed threads, holy fucking shit.
The film doesn't even argue in favour of veganism

Yes it does, don't you understand, cuck? The leftists are trying to brainwash us with this flick

It's gotten to the point where I can't tell if you're taking the piss or not, some anons itt have been so retarded

>BESTGOY2017

That thing looks nothing like a pig.

Epic, because the joos are using Netflix movies to try and make us vegan

Disgusting meat eaters
youtube.com/watch?v=DpYt8JmYkSs

Glorious vegans
youtube.com/watch?v=OlmAaOdK6nk

The animals being industrially farmed for meat are suffering horrendous and needless cruelty. Above and beyond all else, that needs to stop. We could also do alot of good for the natural ecosystems by reducing the pollution and material waste caused by meat production. It's a very simple and reasonable suggestion, to seek to change and reduce meat consumption. Just replacing beef and pork with less resource intensive meats like fish and chicken would do a ton of good. We're looking at the complete shutdown of entire natural ecosystems in the next couple hundred years, guys. 2 billion niggers are due to be born in Africa by 2150. This has got to happen.