Gonna take LSD within the next couple hours. Which one should I watch during the comedown?

Gonna take LSD within the next couple hours. Which one should I watch during the comedown?

Other recommendations are welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w6kTGhJIMgw
youtube.com/watch?v=onuDfST7PRA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tree of Life obviously

close encounters for the bwoops and flashy lights

I'm torn lads... Leaning in the direction of TOL for the spiritual element and the sheer beauty of it all. But Close Encounters came to mind just for the ending. Music will pay a huge role in this trip.

DUDE

hope you kill yourself

whoa man... you alright?

Secret of Kells
Son of the White Mare
Baraka
Waking Life

DUDE DRUGS LMAO

str8 edge my bros! too cool for drugs!

thanks user, you're a blessing. Going with Baraka

Enter the Void
The Holy Mountain
Beyond the Black Rainbow

S P E E D R A C E R

>Which one should I watch during the comedown?
You know it must be this

i read the book when i was young but never watched this. do i need to?

>do i need to?

No. And by 'no' I mean 'yes'.

>enter the void

that shit fucked me up when i was just smoking weed. I can't imagine how fucked you'd be if you watched that while tripping on LSD. you'd probably go insane. fuck that movie.

how about you kys instead

It gets ragged on a lot by fans but I really liked the HHGTTG movie, and it gave me pretty nice vibes while tripping.

tree of life

i think encounters might seem "dated" and "only a movie" while tol will be.....

Why are you watching it during the comedown and not at the peak of the trip? Seriously.

Close encounters or alien covenant

I agree with TOL but Encounters isn't dated at all.

>wasting an LSD experience watching movies

i don't associate with adams fans and i liked the movie too.

Hardedge bro! Degeneracy is awesome. Good things come to those who do drugs

Drugs are reddit as fuck.
Kys fucking hippie.

good things don't come at all to most people, that's why they do drugs. you have your causality mixed up.

Whoa bro that's so f'ing deep man.
It's like societies fault people do drugs man, but there ain't nothing wrong with drugs though. Does that make it good or bad?
Shieet man.

t. 20

it kinda is in a way, but what i mean is that acid can make it even more 'dated' and 'acted', while tol is mostly improv, snippets of 'life' and it wont seem to be only a movie

also this

>muh outdoors only fags
>people who do psychedelics unable to wrap their head around a different perspective and telling others how to spend their trips

probably want to be outside. indoors on lsd sucks

Scanner Darkly is the best movie for acid cooldown, experience this at least once

watch this while peaking

youtube.com/watch?v=w6kTGhJIMgw

thank me later

>Brad Pitt
How the fuck does Terrence Malick keep getting top-notch actors?

D U D E LSD

DUDE ALTERNATE PERSPECTIVES

DUDE STIMULATION

are you ok my dude

dude why would those be your options

watch one of these:

The New World
Enter the Void
Place Beyond the Pines
Pusher 1-3
Wild at Heart

nice, those kinds of movies like its sequel,Samasara, and Koyannquattsi are great if you just want a general visual on the TV while doing other stuff or listening to music even during the main part of the trip

It's always fun watching people grow up on here. They start with
>newfag
>reddit
Then transition to making fun of people a couple years younger than them and that goes on until they hit 30 and just give up.

i'm 29, i don't plan to stop making fun of naive college students this year

I've probably tripped too much and while I think anyone's first few trips should be somewhere like the woods, you can have an great experience anyway

My favorite thing to do while tripping now is listen to and play music if I can.
Absorbing art on lsd can be extremely rewarding so that can include movies if OP likes. Though I would never really want to watch some normal drama movie, it should be something heavy on visuals and light on plot.
Trips being out and about with a lot of friends is an amazing time on acid, but being in the moment can detract from some of the more intense introspective qualities if thats what you're looking for.

You know the rules. Once you hit thirty you either off yourself (and/or go full robot) or go full dad mode on the nice boards.

LSD almost entirely incapacitates your ability to appreciate the artistic merits of anything. I haven't seen Close Encounters, but it cant' be as shitty as TOL, so watch that. Or just don't take LSD. Or take it and kys. Or just kys.

I haven't seen either of these but for me watching 2001 on LSD is something I will never ever forget

>LSD almost entirely incapacitates your ability to appreciate the artistic merits of anything.
this is the exact opposite of truth

No, it's not. I guess on a purely sensual level, things are more vibrant and impactful, but anything beyond that becomes nearly incomprehensible. TOL is basically home movies, which would probably be more enjoyable on acid.

I guess it effects people differently but unless I did more than like 5 hits I'm more than capable of appreciating art. If anything I more actively analyzing music, movies, paintings etc on lsd

The Holy Mountain was made to take drugs while watching. El Topo or A Clockwork Orange would also be a very strange experience.

>LSD almost entirely incapacitates your ability to appreciate the artistic merits of anything.

Either you've never taken it or you've taken it and are assuming everyone experiences it the same. Either way you're wrong.

Are you a fucking retard or have you just never done drugs before?

I would say that you still have access to your conceptual faculty while in LSD, but your dealing more with then phantoms of your imagination inspired by what your looking at than actually analyzing it. You wouldn't do anything that actually required accuracy in thought while on LSD.
Not arguments ;D

>doesn't know the appropriate usage of your vs you're
>trying to lecture everybody about a drug he's never done

So you are telling me my many experiences are wrong and you've lived them. I think you're just retarded and can'y handle your shit

Correcting grammar is also not an argument ;)

>Not an argument

You're not good at this. Everyone else is right and you're wrong. Sorry user!

t. reddit

Tree of Life, fool

I would say that in your case, the LSD had the effect of heightening the visual and aural elements of the movie, and the rest was basically your imagination being inspired by what little you could comprehend of the film. Thankfully, something like 2001 is so shallow that there isn't much to miss. You can go back and watch the film and see everything you thought was so amazing was just the effects of the drug. I bet the gimmicky light show at the end looked nice, though.

>Everyone else is right and you're wrong.
I guess we have to agree to disagree on this. Btw, this isn't an argument either :)

So taking LSD made him appreciate the aspects of the film more? This is your counter argument? Are you okay?

based on my single lsd trip, i'd recommend anything light hearted. dark music was enough to send me down a bad road, so i imagine a movie would be worse.

This isn't a mental chess game, you're saying something wrong and I'm making fun of you for it.

I tried tree of life, but I'm just not up for those enormous self-absorbed movies. Of course, I should have given it a better chance but It's just no my thing.

Close encounters is beautiful, and watching the progression of the story up until the ending is quite a thrill.

Careful though, watching scenes like this while high may not be the nicest experience.
youtube.com/watch?v=onuDfST7PRA

I didn't say that. I said it made them more heightened, which is why total garbage like The Holy Mountain might actually become enjoyable because it's disconnected, shocking image after disconnected, shocking image. Watch it again and it's clear the director was just shoving absurdist shit in front of a camera that didn't mean anything. You can appreciate kaleidoscopes more on acid and they might actually be entertaining to someone over the age of 7, but that doesn't mean there's any artistic merit to it. The same applies to film.

>you're saying something wrong
Can you corroborate this?

Wow you're right taking LSD makes you consider the film more. Thanks for proving yourself wrong.

I was able to comprehend things just fine, No projecting or imagination necessary. I agree on a very high dose movies would be hard to process, on an even higher dose music. But on a standard hit or two. There's no reason you cannot comprehend art.
I suppose I could find examples or sources of art analysis on lsd such as the essay Heaven and Hell but I guess theyre wrong because you say so

TREE. IT's a great trip movie.

Again, I'm saying you're appreciating the sensual elements only and the conceptual elements become confused. I bet somebody on acid could really enjoy Burton's Alice in Wonderland, but it's still a really shitty film.

>Again, I'm saying you're appreciating the sensual elements only and the conceptual elements become confused.

And again, I'm saying you're making that up. I can follow film just fine while tripping. It's why you're a retard and why people are calling you wrong, you're pretending you know how someone else is watching the film and what they are paying attention to.

Oh, well in that case, the films you're probably watching are pretty shallow. I know I wouldn't do anything complex while on acid, and if there were actually a complex film, I wouldn't watch it. I again refer to the films that are terrible that could probably be appreciate if someone were on acid, often made to appeal to children.

That's the opposite of true, flaws of movies become more obvious on lsd. cgi puke fests look even worse and more digital and dated

>Oh, well in that case, the films you're probably watching are pretty shallow.

You're not even trying anymore. You're just insulting my taste in films because you said something stupid and now you have no way to get out of it. Next time don't try to decide upon how others experienced something, you're literally delusional and creating fiction in your head, it's sociopathic and you have serious insecurities you need to come to terms with.

Your argumentation is good, however at the end of the day in this case it stil boils down to you making the assumption that everyone necessarily trips in the same way and from that you can make a definite statement that one can't fully comprehend a movie and it artistic value. Which is simply not true.

There are so many factors and variables. If the person has a busy life with routines, work, relationship, and so forth living the typical life with all its contents. Then the movie would be harder to comprehend, same with someone who hasn't tripped much.

However someone who has done great introspection, met themselves and their traumas and sins for lack of a better word, someone who has a minimal restricted life and have a relatively free mind, and those who have tripped a lot would easily be able to fully comprehend and appreciate a movie during a trip.

>You're just insulting my taste in films
Not really. Just because something was shallow doesn't mean it's bad. I do think that applies to experimental films where the intent is to just have absurd images without any coherency, which is shallow to the extent that there isn't any meaningful story or deeper point to the images aside from how shocking they are. If you can understand the films, than I wrongly assumed something in your case, but I know the effect of LSD is basically to heighten the effect of sensuous aspects. I really doubt any of your "analyses" of the film while on acid would pass much security to anyone sober.

>flaws of movies become more obvious on lsd.
I guess that we're are experiences diverge then. If I was "projecting," I'm sorry from drawing on my experience from watching a film on LSD, considering it the greatest thing ever, then watching it normally and realizing it's total shit.
>you're literally delusional and creating fiction in your head, it's sociopathic and you have serious insecurities you need to come to terms with.
You had a valid point here, but it was ruined by overstament.

>You had a valid point here, but it was ruined by overstament.

You don't get to decide that what I have to say is an overstatement you condescending spastic. I stand by how retarded I think you are.

>I really doubt any of your "analyses" of the film while on acid would pass much security to anyone sober

And again I find myself fighting with your imagination that has no basis in reality. You're trying to will your prediction into reality despite me telling you that's not what happened. This is why I stand by my earlier statement. You have genuine mental problems.
> which is shallow to the extent that there isn't any meaningful story or deeper point to the images aside from how shocking they are

How many fucking times do we all have to smash it into your thick fucking skull that you're goddamn incorrect? This isn't how we experience the films? We know what you're fucking saying, we just disagree. Fuck off man. You're wrong.

>You don't get to decide that what I have to say is an overstatement you condescending spastic.
I nothing from my statements that implies I'm "sociopathic." The rest could be plausible, (though not really supported), but that charge is just silly.
>And again I find myself fighting with your imagination that has no basis in reality.
So, just doubting something means my imagination has no basis on reality? This sound very similar to what I said about people who watch films on acid, so it's almost like you're just rebounding the same accusation to me while (I assure you) I'm sober. Or I am suppose to believe that there are some profound analyses of films you've made on acid that would be considered valid by people who are sober, and to seriously doubt this would "have no basis in reality."
>How many fucking times do we all have to smash it into your thick fucking skull that you're goddamn incorrect? This isn't how we experience the films?
Well in this case, I was talking about the films themselves, not about your experience.

>This is how you experience movies on drugs

No it's not

>Yes it is

Well, get cancer then. There's nothing more to say to someone who is trying to manipulate and dictate how a past experience occurred.

Why the fuck are you taking LSD, staying indoors and watching a screen

You should be outside on a walk or something, fucking amateurs I swear

Meh, I was talking about my experience. If you've had a different one, then I guess I was wrongly projecting my experience on to yours. Btw, some really shitty films were mentioned that I had no surprise people on acid enjoyed, so I thought that was more similar to my experience.

Pic related.

>implying mutual exclusivity

What movie is this?

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with Martin Freeman