What was so special about LOST?

What was so special about LOST?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IyGAhJ971No
youtube.com/watch?v=m1W0aC7Hewg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the otters

Verticals

Pretty much the best character development, twists, cliff hangers, music, cinematography, acting, production value, and writing of any show from 2004-2010. Nothing could rival it when it was airing. It was also the best time you could have on Sup Forums

The first season was supercomy. Limiter number of characters, simple main premise, a few puzzles on the side to keep you focused.

they managed to troll people into talking about a gilligan's island remake in the 21st century.

Mostly the characters and the sense of mystery

Mysteries everywhere.

It was entertaining, was it not?

I thought it was based in The Lord Of The Flies.

This. By the beginning of the 3rd season I had bought both previous season's box sets. And I never buy box sets, especially back then when I was a broke student.

I honestly thought it was a cinematic masterpiece, but thats because I honestly believed they were tying everything together very neatly and seamlessly. However, this wasnt the case, and the last season really made a hash out of it.

Still it was one hell of a fucking enjoyable journey, watching each episode each week to figure out wtf was going on.

Endless mysteries, and every season finale was fucking awesome.

Was this the first great succes and the begining of the tv series golden age?

the characters youtu.be/IyGAhJ971No

The Dreamworks face. And Lizzy.

I remember it coincided with my kino phase.
I had a notebook filled with details and possible connections. Looking at it makes me proud, I'd never have the patience to do something like that now.

I binge watched all 6 seasons of LOST in under 4 days during one sitting. I just stayed high on speed the entire time, and had a shit bucket and a few piss bottles by the couch.

nothing, it's poorly written trash

Numerous times the writers have said in interviews that this is the way the show was intended to be watched.

You got me.

I don't get this one..?

dogs can't talk

the characters and the setting mostly (who hasn't fantasized about being stranded on a desert island?). also, the drama. the mystery was a big part of it, too, but i don't personally feel that it matters that there were never conclusive answers or that what was given was often unsatisfying.

really, it was just a super comfy show where you could watching all these different, interesting characters and feel like you were hanging out with your friends and getting into all kinds of crazy adventures.

>I honestly believed they were tying everything together very neatly and seamlessly

i remember feeling this same way, and being very let down by the sloppy writing. they totally copped out and didnt bother to resolve the mysteries, chalking it up to 'durrrr its a magic island!!'

i wouldve liked to have seen what some legit writing team like Vince Gilligan could have done with it to tie it up better

>it's a Hurley builds a golf course episode

they just don't do OC like this any more

That's always been my favorite lost vertical. It's just so silly.

This.

I remember being particularly annoyed in an early episode of the sixth season where they discover Jacob's magical lighthouse for spying on the cast members and it dawned on me for the first time "holy shit they really are just making shit up to close the series." The epilogue too was so blatently "Let's see how many loose ends we can tie up in ten minutes it was pathetic.

That said despite the failings of the last two seasons I still think Lost S1-4 is some of the best tv ever produced.

The last two times I tried to rewatch the series I ended up stopping at some point in the last season. I can't even remember what episode it was but I bet it was probably the exact same episode both times.

There is not a single mystery that didn't get solved on lost. The writers already had the ending wrote up by the end of season 3. The only issue here is that the episodes revealing the most important shit, like the heart of the island, were thrown in so late it made the writing feel so last minute unlike earlier seasons.

I unironically enjoyed the last season and thought the finale was a fitting and beautiful ending for the series

Who was The Economist?
Who was shooting at Sawyer's boat?
Where is the rest of the staute?
Why is Hurley still fat?

So, was it all a dog's dream or what? I completely forgot.

>Who was The Economist?
An associate of Charles Widmore trying to get info on Ben which is why he wanted Sayid to kill him.

>Who was shooting at Sawyer's boat?
During the time flashes? One can only presume it was the Others from 50's or 70's. They weren't really important characters.

>Where is the rest of the staute?
Underwater. The Black Rock crashed into it from the storm in Richard's episode

>Why is Hurley still fat?
Too much ranch dressing

actually there were a few mysteries from the first two seasons that werent solved.

and alot of the ones were solved in a stupid. "its magic" way.

this is the problem, they shouldnt have introduced so many strange, mysterious events if they were just going to eventually explain them without making any real sense

Must of been pure kino. Watching it weekly was brutal plus 1 year cliffhangers.

Lovely

>a few mysteries from the first two seasons that werent solved
Which one's?
>and alot of the ones were solved in a stupid. "its magic" way
It was a sci-fi show from the very beginning. Everything stemmed from mystical elements. Its not like magic was a cop out for everything. Some of it was science which goes back to the theme of Jack vs Locke. Science vs Faith.

only contrarian tasteless faggots dislike L O S T

prove me wrong

Everything
how can people not like LOST
its like the best tv show of all times
if its not on your top 3 you are a brainlet

D U R N

>tfw wasnt here on lost days cause i was young
>tfw missed on durnposting

it was the time before the conspiracy-mystery genre became a meme. Nowadays everyone hates it because "Le illurminati xD" "LE ebin twist".
But in fact it can be very powerful storytelling and can keep you hooked for years.

youtube.com/watch?v=m1W0aC7Hewg

THEY TOOK MUH SON

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT

How old are you? 12?
Xfiles which is still THE benchmark in the conspiracy mystery genre , preceded it by almost a decade.

Durnposting was never a thing. It was just one faggot trying to force it into a meme, like you're pretending to now, samefag.

>Durnposting was never a thing
>Newfriend: The Post