Why can't 70% of American blacks swim?

It's not a racial thing, since African blacks seem to swim just fine:

youtube.com/watch?v=3sZp0Bhmq9o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8rqI8xwXVac
takepart.com/article/2015/06/29/nothing-funny-70-percent-black-americans-cant-swim
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3274822/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK45515/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

faggots try to block the video

youtube.com/watch?v=8rqI8xwXVac

My guess is that coastal real estate is expensive and pool membership is for faggots.

>HerpDerp I buhlieve in ancient racist stereotypes
I didn't know the old folks home had an internet connection. Would explain a lot about Sup Forums, actually....

The same reason they don't get education, job, care about the state of their neighborhood, raise their children, ponder why their community is so shit or speak properly.
That would be acting white.

Its $2 to get into the pool my nig, it even has a play area with slides

I played basketball in college and during pre-season we had a pool workout and I shit you not half of the black guys couldn't swim

Most blacks grow up in cities without pools or rivers and the lack of father figures compound this

I can confirm an unusually high number of blacks can't swim. It's not racist. It's true

I've worked in the inner city, the sterotypes are actually completely true there. Blacks are born and die without ever actually going to a swimming pool, since their single mother never gave enough of a shit to send them to even a YMCA. And then they grow up and still don't know how to swim, and never learn either.

its cause raycism in america keeps education away from black people :(

Typically they cross rivers by leaping from branch to branch over the water.

They did something similar last Olympics when they let some fat muzzie girl compete in the judo even though she was complete shit and a orange belt, but they let her in because she is a muzzie and so brave

>this nigger so new it's cringe

takepart.com/article/2015/06/29/nothing-funny-70-percent-black-americans-cant-swim

>durrrrr all stereotypes are wayciss and have no reason for why they are stereotypes in the first place

Try to not be so ass blasted, your reddit is leaking.

selection for physical strength also increased their natural bone density so it's hard for them to float.

Totally serious, not a racist and not making this up.

>those names

My sides

All strong men are White and we are still best swimmers. Hmmm, made me ponder

>selection for physical strength
but blacks aren't stronger, almost the opposite; they're selected for speed and endurance
>bone density
blacks suffer more broken bones on average than white atheletes

Blacks have smaller torsos compared to their body, and their bones are more dense.

It's physically more difficult for them to swim.

Learning to swim is something you do with your father.

DELETE THIS

>muh bone density
blacks are treated for fractured bones and bone diseases at a far higher rate than whites, not sure why people think density makes a difference in swimming

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3274822/

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK45515/

guys, african americans have high bone density and makes it hard for them to float. Just a fact.

God I love lactose tolerance. Best advantage ever.

Criminally underrated

>speed and endurance

no, pick one. this is seriously stupid. if you're west african, then sure, speed. you probably have a stupid amount of muscle mass, and would have made a fine bull slave in the day.

if you're east african, you're a skinny fuck built to win marathons.

blacks come in different phenotypes. some might even dare to classify them as different races.

>black men have 1% higher bone densisty
>its why they can't swim
>black women's bones are less dense than white men's bones
>black women still can't swim
come on now

BUT MILK IS BAD FOR YOU!

Is it any worse than people saying whites can't jump or run?

>>selection for physical strength
>but blacks aren't stronger, almost the opposite; they're selected for speed and endurance
>>bone density
>blacks suffer more broken bones on average than white atheletes
ok, i dont have a problem with this, BUT...
Looking at NFL defensive and offensive lines we see more blacks than whites??

Its the truth, that flip out defense mechanism that protected there ancestors from big cats is there undoing when they fall in the water. All the ogga booga in the world is no going to save you in a situation were you have to stop and think critically.
Also if you can't learn from repeated observation then your ether retarded, insane or desperately clinging to your moral high ground.

>say blacks specialize for speed and endurance
>tells me pick one
>lectures me how some blacks are fast and others have endurance
pls kys

I'm not sure why this is an issue for you. First you were saying they don't have higher bone density because they get more fractures, no you're saying they do have higher bone density but it doesn't matter.

I guess this is some kind of reaction to being argentine...

I use to go swimming during Saturdays when I was in highschool. Never saw a single Black person there every time I went even though the public pool was near the housing projects.

>you're saying they do have higher bone density
i was quoting you, you were contradicting yourself.
>says blacks have 1% higher density, this explains why they can't float
>1% matters tons apparently
>blacks women nearly 1% lower bone density than white men
>somehow, they STILL CANT SWIM, so density doesn't fucking make a difference
grow a brain nigger

No, he just pointedly explained why your reasoning is bullshit.

If bone density was the issue, black women would be fine. But they're just as fucking terrible at swimming.

this is almost sad.

almost

Natural selection characteristics undisturbed by thousand years, until Protocols of Zion merged them in a society they aren't fit mentally speaking.

If I recall correctly, higher center of mass makes black people better at running, but worse swimmers than white people who have lower center of mass on average.

African blacks can't swim either. They're scared of water. Not all of them of course, but in general.

It's almost like American football players in those positions are obese, and the sport isn't a good measure of physical strength.

urban planner here. its because at the height of public pool constuction during the early 1900s, most pools were in fact built in white neighborhoods. public investment in black neighborhoods has mostly been subsidized housing. so black people in america do not have a historical context of swimming and water related activities afforded to them. but go down to the carribean and those niggers are swimming all the time. also, negro bitches dont want to get their hair wet. thats a modern convention.

Woah, woah, are you saying African blacks don't swim either? So it might actually be a racial thing?

When women can't defeat the argument they switch to criticizing the opponent.

Are you sure? Poor people here never saw a pool in there life, yet they swim for hours once they met unfrozen rivers.

My shot is:
>Black afraid of water masses lives
>Black not afraid of water masses gets eaten by crocodiles
Repeat by hundreds of generations and it explains the behavior. Its an instinct that kicks in, they get a rush in their nervous system they have no control of it.

public pools exist and they still dont swim.

african niggers dont swim either.

you never built pools in nigger neighborhoods because they didnt want them even in the fairly wealthy ones.

They have more fat around the buttox region which lifts it up and pushes the head down, meaning that the nigger can't breathe

It would explain the (...)

>says blacks specialize for speed and endurance
>tells me pick one
>lectures me how some blacks are fast and others have endurance
>by being able to read and write decide to change the and into an or

blacks specialize for speed OR endurance.

I get it, you want to compare blacks to blacks, but you're too stupid to comprehend the topic of the thread is "blacks compared to everyone else". Speed AND Endurance, you dumb fuck.

Shut it nigger.

Center of gravity affects them more. But we aren't talking about efficiency at swimming, we are talking about their lack of enjoy at swimming other races tend to have.

yes, for urban american blacks, this is the case. at some point though, its also become socialized in them to be the cultural norm. i do not know why. ive been all over central america and the carribean and seen lots of black people swimming in the ocean. so it clearly a cultural phenomenon. american blacks are retards but some african black immigrants are wildly successful. look at household income for nigerian americans, its fucking high. look at income for american blacks, its near the bottom right next to drunky old native americans....

black people in america are more self conscious about their appearance. this includes "ashyness" which can happen if they are not coated in lotion and for the females hair drying and becoming brittle again if it doesnt have some oil on it

this is because of the chemicals they use to straighten it in america. ones from africa may not use such chemicals often. the females get into the pool and if you a guy your going to want to be near the females

so once again its all womens fault

Well it's not 1%, 1200/1050 = 14% higher

Also I don't generally bother arguing with faggots with mental issues who shift goalposts, since there's nothing you can say.

>If bone density was the issue, black women would be fine. But they're just as fucking terrible at swimming
Well that is a good point. There probably are cultural issues at play as well, but those cultural issues are probably a consequence of the physiological differences.

You are truly the master of logics. Your mother must be proud.

>so black people in america do not have a historical context of swimming
>historical context of swimming

Their hair is expensive to maintain, so jumping in a pool of water is a dumb thing to do.

Are Mexicans white enough?

Like Jamaica? They have native admixture. Its like calling Obama a 100% black.

Also you can repress your instincts by learning, which Caribbean blacks have all their lives to. After all the instincts are reflected in high ending completions or in the willingness/tendency of a major group to do the activity related to it.

I grew up in a small village, where there weren't many black people.
Kids would come to school from the surrounding towns because of our high exam results.
Never saw a single Black or pakistani at the "mandatory" swimming lessons They always had notes to get out of learning.
In 30 years 2 people have drowned in the local river
>Black guy who waded into some weeds and got caught up at the bottom.
>Black Kid [who didn't swim] jumped into river with his white friends and sank.
This ones annoying because rather than making people go to their swimming lessons at one of the4 pools available in town. They spent a fortune on life rings.

ive been to belize, honduras, bonaire, curacao, venezuela and costa rica and have seen black people swimming in each country. i wont step foot in jamaica though. if i want black gun crime, ill go to cleveland.

>spent a fortune on life rings
how the fuck can those things be expensive? sheathed in platinum?

>you're a faggot who "shifted the goalpost" by pointing out the obvious counter-example clearly visible in the graph I posted
How many standard deviations lower in IQ are blacks on average? I hope you're black, because it gives you an excuse. If you aren't black, you're fucked my friend.
>t's not 1%, 1200/1050 = 14% higher
oops, typo, I was trying to type 14% but the 1 key sticks. You're still a retard.

;^)

>city-state=city in a state

Reminds me of a story of a Black kid from my highschool who drowned in a local lake even though he supposedly passed swimming class.

>the drownings sparked a campaign

Why do black people try to solve every problem with government?

Guess you travel abroad during the 70's or 80's.

Venezuela and Honduras compared to Cleveland are living hellholes.

venezuela was 10 years ago. ive been to honduras twice but only go to the islands. i dont stay on the mainland.

Why don't we just have people vote on a platform in the center of a large square pool?
This also makes it easier to drown the illegals!

roatan and utila are really nice and pretty safe. yeah, san pedro is fucking dangerous. tegu also is way scary....

we literally learned that blacks and hispanics to a lesser extent cant swim in life guarding class.

kys nigger

Got to be bid on,
They need fancy alarms so you know when they're being used
Need to be the correct rating
Need to have a tamperproof stand so kids don't steal them to go swimming.
Need to pay someone to install and maintain them.

It all adds up.

I'm also remembering that I've never seen any BME outside of a town, doing any non team sport or just going somewhere and enjoying nature.

i honestly cannot tell if you are a nigger, a child, or a nigger child

It's because all the public pools got closed when segregation ended, since whites didn't want to swim with Black people. Then, white flight happened and whites moved to places where Black people dont live. Then they brought the public pools back since there werent any Black people to share the pool with anymore.

Now, there aren't any pools for Black children to learn to swim in. You'll notice that this problem is almost ENTIRELY limited to urban Blacks, and that Black hicks are perfectly fine swimming in creeks and ponds.

Now, I'm not saying this is whitey's fault...

After the whites flew off, why didn't the blacks just, you know, re-open the pools?

Kek those fucking American names in the strongest man
>Derek Poundstone
>Phil Pfister

Why would it be an Either/Or, and why would it be relevant to go on that tangent in reponse to another comment about how Africans tend not to specialize for strength, with the obvious example given that few to no black powerlifters exist. Black bodybuilders yes, powerlifters, no. They don't swim, and they don't fucking lift. They run, that's what they fucking do.

Go be an autistic faggot somewhere else.

>HerpDerp

Reddit the post

Thank you for Correcting the Record, user ;)

it was basically meme magic

Does the socioeconomic argument hold any water here?

It's more expensive to practice football then swimming.

How can anyone not know how to swim? All you have to do is move your feet.

We swim in the ocean like real men.

Fathers teach kids how to swim.

Niggers doing shit for themselves without whites to provide??
That's bizarro world shit!

in the marine corps, you have basic water survival training

more than half of all failures were black

im sure some of its a culture thing where they just dont learn to swim but niggas sink, with like, a full breath of air straight to the bottom

because it's easier to pass the buck.

pools are fucking gross

POOLS REMIND THEM OF THE WATERING HOLE BACK IN AFRICA, WHERE THEIR ANCESTORS GOT EATEN UP BY CROCODILES AND HIPPOPOTAMII.

AND BLACKS ARE TOO HYPER LIKE SPOOKED CHIMPS TO SWIM CALMLY AND HOLD THEIR BREATH LIKE WHITE PEOPLE. BLACKS MUST VOCALIZE LIKE HOWLER MONKEYS ALL THE TIME, EVEN IF THAT MEANS DROWNING

Who teaches his kids to swim ?
Father

And thats why blacks cannot swim.
Mystery solved.

AND BLACK PEOPLE GET SICKLE CELL ANEMIA WHICH MEANS THEIR BLOOD CANT CARRY ENOUGH OXYGEN MOLECULES. NO OXYGEN MEANS YOU ARE LESS BOUYANT, SO THEY SINK LIKE BRICKS

Jumping on the bandwagon but the Marines swim qualifications many blacks could not pass or barely pass it's a joke with the drill instructors.

I can't swim because I don't spend time near water. I am a bit fearful of water, though. One of the three times I've been to the gulf, there were sharks in the water and the river near my house does have alligators and is fucking filthy looking.

poor people usually don't have access to swimming pools or beaches/lakes

poor people therefore don't usually have the chance to swim

that's... not how that works lmao

>poor people usually don't have access to swimming pools or beaches/lakes
Citation fucking needed

GALLON OF MILK A DAY!

AND BLACKS ARE USUALLY STONED AND DRUNK WHICH IMPAIRS THEIR SWIMMING ABILITY. PLUS THEIR .25 CALIBER PISTOLS WEIGH THEM DOWN

AND BLACKS NEVER WAIT THE FULL HALF HOUR AFTER EATING WATERMELON AND CHICKEN BEFORE SWIMMING O THEY GET CRAMPS AND DROWN