>One of the only Marvel Studios villains who isn't killed

>>One of the only Marvel Studios villains who isn't killed
>>Doesn't show up again

You know...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1d4C1ZQKmw4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He was like the only good thing in that movie too.

He is still sitting in jail and is just a business man.

He made a cameo in All Hail the King. It's kind of difficult for him to do much behind bars.

General Ross survived Hulk noncannon into Civil War, more than you can say about Betty.

What's he even going to do? He doesn't have powers and he's incompetent. Not exactly threatening.

That said, I suppose Zemo could eventually recruit him to form the Masters of Evil.

Abomination is still alive.

So is Kingpin, and he rules the place now.

and Leader

So is the Red Skull, yet people expect him to come back from wherever he got teleported from as a big threat again.

Kingpin is also huge and criminally minded.

Red Skull is intelligent and a super soldier.

And what is he gonna do in Space?
...be Thanos' right hand?

Actually, Red Skull turning out to be an advisor for Thanos would be hype as shit. That would be a good way to bring him back for Phase 4/5, too.

Space Reich

With the Planet Hulkesque concept of the new Thor I wouldn't be surprised if he background cameod as a prisoner there or in the new GotG.

Though the question is whether he was simply teleported or time travelled, because even with the imperfect super soldier serum in him he'd be super old right now.

Yeah, but Justin Hammer is a chump among chumps, while Wilson Fisk is the goddamn Kingpin of Crime.

I really wanted him and Abomination for a Thunderbolts team.

Can't see Blonsky taking Hammer seriously if Vanko didn't and Blonsky was defying Hulk and the Army to begin with.
Though it might be possible for Ross to have some kind of explosive put into Blonsky and get him to cooperate.

I figured it'd have to be some nanomachines or something to keep Blonsky in line, but I could see Ross picking up Hammer as a toadie with a knockoff Iron Man suit.

I remember reading somewhere that Red Skull was going to have The Other's role in The Avengers but Hugo Weaving didn't want to play the charcter again because of the makeup.

How fucking hard is it to recast the Red Skull? You couldn't even tell it was Weaving once the false face came off, his normal voice was obscured by that terrible German accent. Just get somebody else to do it.

TIH is canon.

I know you guys love to deny it, but it is. The only thing that's changed is the actor.

He will be on the MCU Thunderbolts as the tech/money/I really don't want to be here guy

Or explain that his exposure to the Tesseract really fucked him up (moreso than he already was from the flawed Super Soldier Serum + all of his Nazi evilness).

I can see Blonsky being the "I really don't want to be here" guy while Hammer is the annoying quipster.

I could see Zemo getting Blonsky on his side
Especially if they work together in Masters of Evil before hand

>I really don't want to be here guy
Hammer seemed to love nothing more than playing catch up to Tony. He was trying to buddy up with Rhodey and everything, he's the guy who absolutely would love a shot to feel important especially if it comes with the perks of looming over Stark through as an Accordvenger contingency.

Like that other user said it's likely Blonksy who would feel the conditions limiting, he was gleefully going completely apeshit at the end of TIH terrorizing anything in eyesight and would not take to suddenly being told where, when and who he can play rock'em, sock'em: car edition with.

He has to go start AIM so they cant kill him off.

Hammerbolts

AIM already got started without him.

I was talking about Zemo's Thunderbolts
Not the government team

>Hugo Weaving didn't want to play the charcter again because of the makeup.

Actually, he didn't want to do it again because he simply wasn't into the role. He only did it for a quick paycheck.

>How fucking hard is it to recast the Red Skull?

They don't have to. He's contractually obliged to appear in a couple more movies if they want him to. The reason Schmidt hasn't shown back up is simply because they don't need him back. They're seemingly done with the character. The window for him to come back for any real significance is pretty much gone since Evan's contract is up after Avengers 3 and they'll probably retire/kill off Steve Rogers after Phase 3.

In that case, yeah, he'd definitely hate playing second fiddle to Zemo if it didn't come with positive press.
In fact I bet as amused as Hammer must be from hearing word of Tony's plight, his ass must be equally chaffed he wasn't the one to do it.

He was just a rich guy. I honestly cannot even remember what he did that was bad enough to get him into jail.

You mean they've have Hugo Weaving on call since 2011 and they still haven't called him in? Hell, Captain America is high-grade enough these days that you could convince him back on the merits of writing alone.

He conspired to free a man from prison and in the process killed several people. He could get felony murder for that alone.
He could also possibly get felony murder for all those people that Vanko killed after he went rogue.

He used his wealth to break out Vanko and then inadvertently helped Whiplash engineer a terrorist attack.

Thing is CA:TWS pointedly made it clear HYDRA's going a new direction, more subterfuge than candid affair.
Strucker was one of the last few heads who operated so openly, there's no room for Schmidt's way of things in the new world and he would not sit well with that given his response when the Nazis tried to rein him in earlier. No, Steve is facing and fighting the morally ambiguous ways and whims of the modern world now, not just those of a few he can punch out and win.

>You mean they've have Hugo Weaving on call since 2011 and they still haven't called him in?

Yep. Though I suspect that a big reason why they haven't really made him come back is because he doesn't keep it a secret that he'd REALLY prefer not to. But within all legal technicality, Marvel is well within their rights to force him back in if they want to.

An user pointed out that so far each gem has been responsible for destroying a villain. I'd really love it if Thanos used them in infinity war to bring back each villain they destroyed.
>Red Skull serving under Thanos while hoping to usurp him
>Ultron fucking off into space to do his Phalanx thing
>Malekith fucking off to try and rebuild his army
>Ronan getting immediately executed on the spot by Thanos for betraying him

>and then inadvertently helped Whiplash engineer a terrorist attack.

With what was probably government property at that point. Or at least what was promised to the government.

Yea, Avengers mentions Harlem, it IS canon. Though it sucks we didn't get a real hulk sequel. Id have loved more betty, ross, leader. TIH has SOOOO many easter eggs for a pre-avengers movie. It was amazing really for comic readers.

No one has cracked his return really. There was talk of him being in TWS, but how the hell do you explain a 70 year absence? That's pretty big. Cap they just did the obvious and easy out of being frozen. Red Skull was..... where? Doing what?

Malekith died when his own ship fell on him. It was poetic justice cause he did the same thing to his men. The aether did not kill him. Really Selvig did, he opened the portal to crush malekith. Aether has not killing anyone......or.... even done anything.

>TIH has SOOOO many easter eggs for a pre-avengers movie. It was amazing really for comic readers.

The big reasons why I liked TIH as much as I did was because it delivered on everything I was wanting from the Ang Lee one. Which was mostly references to the 70s tv show. They even had an excerpt of The Lonely Man at one point in the film. The absolute madmen!

youtube.com/watch?v=1d4C1ZQKmw4

But yeah, I'd like if they incorporated more of the stuff from TIH in current MCU. They totally could've easter-egged Leader and Blonsky in the Raft. And it did kinda piss me off with the NatashaxBanner relationship in AoU. What the fuck about Betty? Did they even consider calling Liv Tyler?

>Aether summons Jane Foster as an evil Sith Lady

Oh, i'm sure Hammer's ass is pretty chafed already.

He's just a rich dumbass and arguably might not even qualify as a real villain. He's more of an incompetent opportunist.

>No one has cracked his return really.
>There was talk of him being in TWS, but how the hell do you explain a 70 year absence?

Well, by the time they were writing TWS, I think it was public knowledge that Weaving didn't have any interest in returning. Even though they can make him, I suspect they went the direction they did is partially based on Weaving's preference to not have any further participation. They probably coulda used Thor/Loki shenanigans or something to have brought him back if Weaving was interested and could've taken Phase 2 on a different direction.

Rebuilding hydra within SHIELD.

>i'm sure Hammer's ass is pretty chafed already.

But.. doesn't he have his own bitch in prison?

I bet if Marvel didn't get the rights to Spidey back, they would have used him in their own version of Dark Reign to take the place of Norman. Oh, what might have been!

>Justin "Milquetoast" Hammer as Storming Norman

no one would have bought it

>they'll probably retire/kill off Steve Rogers after Phase 3.
haha you serious?
they will do it but they won;t just say cap is dead forever he will be dead for one phase and then bam reborn deaged or whatever with a new younger actor.

Marvel will treat the movies just like the comics

No, Trevor did.

But it wasn't his prison bitch, rather his prison slave.