Early reviews that have popped up from early screenings are all pointing a pretty consistent picture

Early reviews that have popped up from early screenings are all pointing a pretty consistent picture.

>It's a good movie, but not great. Better than BvS

>Action is good, pacing is solid, story is fine, character interactions overall work

>Humor is hit or miss

>Harley and Deadshot are the leads

>Joker is being way overhyped in the trailers because he has a pretty minor role. Jared Leto plays it very over the top, but it works

>Batman is also in it less than you'd expect based on previews

>One particular character relationship falls completely flat, which is bad because it's one of the movie's focal points

>Trailers are rather misleading, it's way grittier than they make it out to be

>Test-audiences seemed kinda' split on it. Movie is apparently "Not for everyone".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>It's a good movie, but not great. Better than BvS

But BvS was great.

Sounds like EXACTLY what I expected or wanted. Though I wish it were 'great', not just 'good'.

>Test-audiences seemed kinda' split on it. Movie is apparently "Not for everyone".
So in other words, "Actual plebs couldn't enjoy it."

>One particular character relationship falls completely flat, which is bad because it's one of the movie's focal points
Sooo Harley/Deadshot or Harley/Joker?

Not to most people.

>Better than BvS
It's not hard to be better than the cinematic equivalent of a fat man farting on your face for 3 hours.

meme

Neither. It's Rick Flagg/Enchantress.

>"Actual plebs couldn't enjoy it."
Or
"Only plebs could enjoy it"

you mean rick/whoever

>Better than BvS

Not really the metric of quality you think it is

Well, I'm glad the DCEU is getting at least one well received film.

meme

What about Slipknot!?

Preemptively blaming the world, eh?

Dead in the first ten seconds of the film

Generally whenever someone says something "isn't for everyone," usually that just means it's too off-kilter for normies.

>no sources

Dumbfuck

Here we go again, lads. Buckle in, it's going to be a good one.

meme

It's the truth.
Stop being so defensive and demand for better movies instead of letting them put their dicks on your anus without lube. Stop asking for more unless you are a masochist witrh no sense of taste.

Dies.

Seriously? I fucking love Slipknot. They get rid of the only guy who could really deliver on the humor in the opening of the film?

Yes the first ten seconds are him keeling over and dying while Boomer laughs at him and then everybody moves on

I'm assuming this is about Rick and Enchantress.

He's just pulling your leg.
Slipknot dies as the studio credits start rolling. Killed by falling logos.

43% on RT

>beliving BoxOfficeZ

That faggot gave the most vague review of BvS and couldn't give a straight answer without changing his mind and his Suicide Squad one is just as stupid.

>the general public (which critics are a part of) has taste

'no'

meme

I wish DC fans weren't so defensive. It's pretty sad.
Also I don't care about Marvel movies, they already gotten boring, it's the same shit everytime, before you accuse me of being a mousefag or something dumb instead of accepting how pathetic you are.

I expected mixed reviews, honestly.

63% on RT

What's the better song Sup Forums, Partyman or Trust? Because I'm totally editing it into the car chase when footage drops

I just want to see Slipknot acting like a big-shot the whole film and getting stuck with the menial nonsense.

meme

There were others.

It's you again, Marcus. You got out of the horto, dig it back up and bury yourself.

>the whole film

He's going to die a third of the way in, probably earlier.

God you can't even shitpost creatively

meme

Oh, for fuck's sake, again?

I think all things considered, everything that hasn't been touched by Snyder will end up being bretty gud.

Where? What OP posted is just a summary of BoxOfficeZ's post on that one forum.

meme

meme

Test audiences are kind of shit so I'm kind of optimistic

Don't even bother with this turd. You want a Suicide Squad movie with Whoreley Quinn? Better watch Assault on Arkham.
DC animated movies are just so much better.

>this fucking thread already
It truly is summertime now, boys!

>But BvS was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o

>I expected mixed reviews, honestly.
It'll get 75-80% imo

It's summer all year then. Everyday on this site is as retarded.

No, test audiences are SCREENED. They're hand-picked by the studio. Generally speaking a test audience's reaction is more positive than the general public's. If the fucking test audiences are mixed on the movie I'm fearing the worst.

meme

I''ll screencap this so I can laugh at you later when it's 45% or below.

Cameron?

I will watch it anyway.

Test audiences don't mean shit. Test audiences also loved BvS and that movie turned out to be garbage.

meme

>"Not for everyone".
Those are words that I love to hear.
Movies can't all be crowd-pleasers. Marvel already make those very well. The DC movies should feel different.

BvS wasn't great but at least it tried to be it's own thing, and I respect them for that. I'll hate it if their strategy is to lower the bar to please more people by giving them what they already have instead of improving their own "formula".

Go to bed, Zack

meme

I wasn't defending him though.

I thought BvS was great and i'm dreading JL because they caved in.

meme?

Yes you were

>I thought BvS was great
Honest question. Why?

same

No, I wasn't.

meme

>Movies can't all be crowd-pleasers. Marvel already make those very well. The DC movies should feel different.
This isn't some sort of artsy indie movie with PRINCIPLES, you know? This is a blockbuster that is meant to do as much money as it can, to be as popular as it can. You think they made it with the expectation of it being divisive? Do you think the producers took the risk because they expected it to not pay off? They hired Will Smith, someone who is supposed to attract the audience because the man is so likeable.
It's not a good sign if people don't like this movie as much as they should.

I thought it was a very interesting, tense take on these characters and there are a lot of things that made me think and has made me rewatch the movie to pick them apart.

I can deal with different interpreations of characters i like, specially DC characters, and i don't see the movie versions, at least these ones, as the definitive ones. So i just enjoyed the new takes and the story.

Suicide Squad will be the Only God Forgives of Capekino.

>This isn't some sort of artsy indie movie
stopped reading there
sometimes I forget how willfully anti intellectual Sup Forums is

>sometimes I forget how willfully anti intellectual Sup Forums is
Too triggered to take a different view?

4u
heehee that rhymes

>sometimes I forget how willfully anti intellectual Sup Forums is
You are the one supporting DC movies and that post was the anti-intellectual one?

You're really expecting intellectual merit from a movie based on a superhero comic? I enjoy them but they aren't intellectual art pieces in the slightest.

yes

>capefags think they are smart

plenty of cape comics are works of art

Even blockbusters don't need to please everyone.
Obviously the studios want it to be extremely successful, but that doesn't mean every movie should play it safe because they want a 6 years and their grandma clapping in the theaters.

Temple of Doom is not for everyone, but it's existence is absolutely justified.

I don't know. Occasionally, you do get blockbusters that are a little off-kilter, like the Nightmare Before Christmas. Actually, Tim Burton made an entire career out of making that sort of movie.

Do you really want to use the worst of the original Indy movies to bolster your case?

Temple of Doom is the patricians choice of Indie films

>But BvS was great
This meme

It's the worst movie in one of the best movie trilogy of all time. That doesn't make it bad at all. It's still great.

I wasn't talking about the comics though.

It's patrician's choice because it's the least well regarded of the original movie?

I like the movie but that's the most contrarian thing I've read. Fuck off, Armond.

When did Sup Forums become so easily offended?

The real question is, did mom freak?

I'm not offended, I just don't like Sup Forums shitposters. Their only saving grace is Bane.

Alright. But I actually do prefer Temple over Crusade. Raiders is the best film in the franchise

Then Raiders is patrician's choice? I don't know if you're the same guy I replied to but why not just say that instead?

There's some serious shitposting going on in here.

>it's way grittier than they make it out to be
We already knew that going in, user.

This, go watch that awful first trailer again.

Partyman

Who cares? I'm only watching this shit for my waifu the Joker

>but BvS Ultimate Cut was great

FTFY, obviously every critic is rather gonna talk about the theatrical cut.

i thought the 1st trailer was great.