youtube.com/watch?v=bCv5o7n_mtk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>posts christmas clip
>literally furthest we could be from or to christmas

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, 12/Bill “I'm a lesbian” Potts) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
And free scenario prompts:
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

will Bradley say that on XMAS?
will the Doc play guitar with Bradley?

I realised that you could have a 30-something show up as the First Doctor in a crossover since Hartnell's Doctor was like 800 when he began.

he was 200
and it seems to be happening in the last episode of Tenth Planet

Or in his mind.

Have they killed any companions? It seems like they all get a happy ending.

Series 10 is literally the love story between two spacefaring Lesbian oil puddles.

Even so, you could just get an actor who looks like a young Hartnell and have him be the Doctor during his first century.

Neato. When do entries have to be in by?

>Christmas ends
>Capaldi regenerates into your actor of choice
>credits is Capaldi and Bradley and 13 chatting on the TARDIS, not in character
>they talk about christmas and how it fits Doctor Who so much
>Capaldi talks about how he'll miss working here, those were wonderful years yadda yadda
>Bradley: So a Merry Christmas to you.
>Capaldi: And to you.
>13: *turns to the camera* And to everyone at home!
>Cheers from the doctors, the production, Moffat and Chibbs
>yfw

but he was 190 when he left Gallifrey with Susan

we should not go to before Unearthly Child

Hiya Immigrant. I just got done doing horrible things to the Doctor for n8's anthology pitch, then you're next up, ok?

Adric, Roz, technically Clara but she gets to avoid it for a long time

How many of you fags have actually watched the original serials and how many of you just pretend to be into the classic series so you can act excited about this?

There's no real cutoff date so far. August 22nd or so is an early tentative date. Might get pushed to September.

Why not?

Yes, because 1 has only ever encountered snow once.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ih17YLr7VvQ GET READY FOR THE RETURN OF THE GREAT VAMPIRES BASED TOM BAKER GOTHIC ERA IS RETURNING!

but also said the He did not want to change, so he was feeling the regen coming as much as 12th

Okie dokie

Ooh. What's your pitch? (Tell me in spoiler tags. Unless you are on discord.)

I've seen Tenth Planet.

Cool.

GREAT VAMPIRES AR THE VILLAINS OF SERIES 11

not good writers to do it properly
any attempt in BF, comics, books, turned to be crap

>42
>The Hungry Earth / Cold Blood
>Pond Life
>Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
>The Power of Three
Chibby era isn't looking do good if this trend continues. He only wrote one good episode.

I kinda forget all of those

>Listen was crap

Possibly no one. Also, everyone here's favourite Doctor is secretly David Tennant.

unecessary and it was short

That scene ruined Doctor Who forever. No, really.

I've not watched a lot of Hartnell to be honest (just Keys of Marinus, The Aztecs, The Time Meddler and The Ark), but enough to know I like his Doctor.

McCoy gets in a tight spot and does something he shouldn't, for what he sees as the Greater Good, becomes far more than just another Time Lord but in a bad way, dies for real. Benny's there. It's all very tragic. SPOILERS SWEETIE.

Wasn't shorter than the average nuwho story. The fuck are you talking about?

the sequence on gallifrey was short

>have all this mediocre/shit eps
>and the BBC pushing social pandering onto writers
>some people think there is any hope for the future of Who

It's dead Jim

Only ones I haven't seen have been any of 2 or most of 7's stories. Everything else though I've enjoyed.

Capaldi's my favorite though

I like Tennant and Pertwee a lot too

Fuck you

I'm the guy who works for the BBC who told you all about the series 11 props. I will Have pictures up within the hour of some of the creatures.

I've sent my own pitch.

What if the Doctor was an alien mind virus?

vimeo.com/223947385

So what are rumours regarding Chinballs?
I gather there two contradictory things, both baseless, right?

First one: story arc going through the whole series, possible bigger ansamble cast.
Second one: no story arc, longer stories ala classic, more stand-alone focus.

Misc: some gallifrey and/or vampire stuff, either 8x1 hourly episodes or 10 fifty-something ones, new asian companion, RTD-era soap return.

You said the story was shit.

I kind of hope this meme comes true actually; the whole First Great Time War thing could generate a nice Hinchcliffian Gothic series

That date was over a week ago.

This was the implication, right?

Can't really picture how that would work, but I look forward to reading it. My Shit Trips idea is much more lighthearted and has Wilf in. Because there's not nearly enough Wilf in the world.

I said tales about young doctor are all crap
Listen is just Clara holding his ankle

If you want to know how it would work, you can read the first 1200 words: pastebin.com/cdY99McN

And more Wilf is great

excited, user!

>backpedaling this hard

>not good writers to do it properly
>any attempt in BF, comics, books, turned to be crap
I did not list TV in there, so fuck it
I forgot about Listen too anyway

Rose didn't die though did she?

I work for the BBC as an assistant. Series 11 is ready to start production. Props are almost finished, the new set team is ready and waiting. We are expecting to film around late August.

>Kris Marshall is 13, he is portraying an Irish Doctor. Not a heavy accent though soft and easy to understand from what I hear.

>Next companion is Japanese-British her name is Kaiyo.

>There is a Japanese episode about Yokai, it isn't set in Japan but a Japanese colony world The Doctor brings Kaiyo to a hotel similar to the animated movie spirited away it is run by aliens who resemble Yokai. The 13th Doctor. Weird events start happening in the night however.

There is another two part episode where the Doctor is under the influence of the Chameleon arch. It is purely historical and is set during the 1798 rebellion. The Doctor believes he is a member of the United Irishman and is a radical rebel. The Doctor believes Kaiyo to be a British spy and treats her horribly for most of the episode according to the script. Very emotional episode and is one of Chibnalls ''bold ideas'' previously no writer has gone near Irish-British relationships.

Another episode is set in New Orleans during the 1930's. It involves a creepy religious cult who have a phone they call the ''god phone'' it's members talk to an entity they believe to be god and they end up receiving it's ''blessing'' which leaves them with a permanent creepy smile on their face.

There is a Corsair episode written by Neil Gaiman. He managed to spare some time to write the episode even though he is busy with American gods. The Corsair survived house. He is ''David Bowie mixed with Boy George mixed with Captain Jack sparrow essentially''

>Episodes around an hour in lenght now.

>Last four episodes will true to rumours be about the Great Vampires. But the other Eight are varied and written by mainly new guest writers.

screencapped this

proof like a BBC nametag or fuck offerino

>it will never be this

Fucking kill me m8

I have an idea for a comfy crossover story with the doctor

>Japanese colony world
Funny how the Japs are allowed their own colonies/ethnicity, but "British" always means 50% white, 50% other.

Any word on how Marshall's Doctor is like? Is he sillier and energetic, Tennant-esque? Or is he more like his work in Death in Paradise? Or something new?

>The Doctor believes Kaiyo to be a British spy
Ah, yes. All those Japanese-Brits in 1798.

>the future Queen of England is a black woman
>past British soldiers were black men

>There is a Corsair episode written by Neil Gaiman. He managed to spare some time to write the episode even though he is busy with American gods. The Corsair survived house. He is ''David Bowie mixed with Boy George mixed with Captain Jack sparrow essentially''
Nice try

Nice. What is it?

Pond Life is pretty solid

>This many replies to fucking bait

The state of this fucking general

Well, can it be a surprise?

>implying a BBC nametag is proof with the sneaky meme-men we usually get
Remember this guy?

>The state of this fucking general
people are bored
no 13th reveal, no shooting spoilers, 6 month until the special

This sounds way too good to even be remotely true

a t-shirt with a bbc logo isn't a nametag

Of course!

No, the guy's not lying. We checked the metadata.

Just stop.

So are we in off-season now?

twin peaks

>It was bad.
>It was only a small part
>I never said it was bad though!
>Oh but I wasn't talking about tv stories so your are retarded
>oh a-and I forgot about this story anyway even though I was just talking about that one scene!!!

holy fuck im 8 minutes into world enough and time and its BRILLIANT lmfao moffatts actually very funny when he's not focusing on building up some pointless end-of-the-world "the doctor's darkest moment" storyline every episode

>We will never get a series this good.

Why live?

Sh-should we tell him?

I've seen Genesis, Remembrance, Power (animated), The Caves of Androzani, Tomb, Pyramids of Mars, TDA.

He is Capaldi mixed with Smith and has a lot of traits of his Death in Paradise character.

Call me queer but that was the best finale ever.

Tell me what?

Reply to the user from last thread asking who would I pick to play the doctor no matter how unlikely it is, and it is very unlikely. Gene fucking Wilder.

But he's 4 in american Doctor Who

I'm slowly going through Hartnell's run. I watch a few serials every month. It's a fucking pain trying to track everything down. Especially when some torrents have the animated reconstructions, and others have these weird ones with still pics and some captions describing things.

Anyways I'm on The Dalek's Master Plan now.

It was awesome.

By the way

Further details

Kaiyo is straight, she doesn't fall head of heals for the Doctor. The BBC do not want to offend the Japanese so they are not attaching are particular cause or agenda to her character. Shes a nerdy character interested in mythology and history. But also strong without having to say it.

Also to the other guy. She has an English accent that is why Rebel Doctor thinks she is a spy. There were Asians in Britain during the late 1700's.

And that is why I'd pick him. I cannot imagine any other American actor playing The Doctor except Gene Wilder

Too short
The Doctor can't be a manlet

>Kaiyo is straight, she doesn't fall head of heals for the Doctor.
And that's how I know this is sadly fake.

K. Still afraid of revealing my kink powerlevel
youtube.com/watch?v=bCv5o7n_mtk
I only disagree with one of these. They'd pretty much all make great doctors

Stop teasing us. All of this sounds too good to be true, so it probably isn't. The next season is going to be complete shit. The worse in Who history. Even worse than season 6.

Oh yeah, you owe me a 7/Ace fic for Shit Trips 2.

Honestly I watched all of Hartnell, all the reconstructions included up to The Savages and then skipped to The Tenth Planet because the copy of the Savages I got was fucking super low quality and super loud like I couldn't understand anything the volume was just blasted as shit. I later went back and watched The War Machines, but I skipped the second doctor almost completely, I watched Tomb of the Cybermen, The Krotons (For some fucking reason) The Mind robber (Which is fucking GOAT) and The War Games (Also GOAT), and then I didn't skip anything after War Games. I was just sick of reconstructions. But since then I have watched The Invasion, Moonbase (I think that is what its called the one with cybermen on the moon) and Power of The Daleks.

This is the actress (yet to be announced) playing Kaiyo her name is Haruka Kuroda. It is her first role is well over a decade. But she is brilliant from what I've heard.

I have seen that video and yeah I like it but Gene is the only one I can actually really imagine as The Doctor.

McCoy was short and he is one of the best.

>posting a BBC logo in very high resolution
Holy shit this must be real!

>There were Asians in Britain during the late 1700's.
nope