Why the hell is iceman considered an omega level mutant?

Why the hell is iceman considered an omega level mutant?

because he can freeze the planet

because can bring about a global ice age from his power alone.

Because he can freeze everything if he tries

That's it? How does tempest scoot by with only being near omega?

because he can be my wingman anytime

Is magneto Omega? If he isn't why not?

How can you manipulate reality with ice?

Fucking around with various laws of thermodynamics.

He also went toe to toe with Oblivion. It happened in his Solo comics nobody reads, because it's Ice Man, who gives a damn?

He's a post-human elemental shapeshifting energy manipulator with the ability to alter his environment and reform from damage to his ice forms, that he can manifest in as multiple embodiments at the same time.
Plus, he once froze every cell in an enemy's body with a single glance.

He's basically immortal. You can destroy his body as much as you want but he can always reform himself with water in the atmosphere, or the water in your body if he's feeling particularly vengeful.

He can create sentient ice clones, so he's like Madrox, even if you do manage to destroy one of his bodies and prevent him from reforming he can just transfer his consciousness into another one of his duplicates.

He manipulates heat extremely well, he can absorb the heat from an explosion as hot as the surface of the sun five feet away from him and keep himself and the people around him at a regular temperature. He can prevent the heat transfer in chemical reactions to prevent jet engines and Flame based mutant powers from even activating.

And he can freeze the planet

"Omega-level" doesn't really mean shit. All mutants are weak as fuck, I mean Spider-Man has taken out the entire X-Men cast without even breaking a sweat multiple times.

That's only what Xavier wanted him to think.

Because Spider-Man has his Spider sense and precognition is evil

He can manipulate the laws of thermodynamics. Also, it's been hinted several times that if had any sort of work ethic in training and learning his powers, he would be even more powerful.

Ice mans power isnt really "makes ice". Its manipulation of thermodynamics. Im sure if a writer wanted to get silly, they could have him turn a planets core off or something

People forget the proportional speed of a spider part, there's some insanely fast jumping spiders in the world.
Spiderman's probably able to move as fast as Quicksilver in short bursts, that's how he's been able to do so well against major league opponents.

Omega basically means their power scales continuously.

Like Cyclops would be an omega-level mutant if his eyebeams kept growing powerful enough to blow up the Moon.

functional immortality and molecular control

do you know what killed the dinosaurs?

I wish we got more stuff like this with 616 Iceman.

Do you know what happens when a Toad gets hit by lightning?

This means killer frost is also Omega level

Chucko does

Killer Frost can freeze the entire planet?

The Freeze Force

DC doesn't have the ranking.
And Iceman has a bunch of other abilities that KillerFrost doesn't.

His army of frost clones and him making a Hulk like golem out of snow in Extraordinary X-Men was pretty cool.

I think the criteria for being Omega are basically being effectively immortal.

And he's just one imaginative writer away from being even more powerful.
It's still canon that he holds himself back because of his self-hating mutiephobia.

Someone didn't tell Elixir

So basically someone wrote a series on Iceman and gave him all these ass pull powers and it doesn't matter anymore because he isnt popular enough to showcase it outside of niche character runs?

>Omega mutant

man it's like the writers of X-men want to undermine their own concepts.

You cannot have shit like Omega mutants and then expect anyone to feel empathy when the mutants get hunted out of fear

Oh, hey the pissed of race supremacist can stop the earth's rotation

Oh, hey the bitchy rich bleach blond with a fake accent can shut off everyone's brain

Oh, hey the slacker snow man can usher in a new ice age.

Foley's mutant power is to control life and death, an angry Bruce Banner has a better chance of staying dead.

...and a human can launch nukes or switch on the Sentinels.
The idea is that you don't condemn people for what they didn't do.
Doesn't that sound fair? Or do you want to force superpowered racewars and mass death?

>...and a human can launch nukes or switch on the Sentinels.

you know provided you go to great lengths to actual, design, fund and build them and there are many legal hurdles you have to jump over to even do the first two.

>The idea is that you don't condemn people for what they didn't do.

The idea doesn't work when said people can kill a crowd if they sneeze the wrong way.

Normal logic doesn't apply here.

>Ball Hog the Betrayer
kek. I loved X-Force before Marvel Now.

He has power over a basic force of the universe.
He could freeze anything, but all he does is ice and snow.

>Why is Iceman an Omega

Because he let a teenaged white girl decide his sexuality for him.

ME!

Wow, I was going to respond to your post by calling you a homophobe, but you clearly are much more afraid of women.

He doesn't have unlimited potential
He's Alpha like Xavier.

How was that user being a homophobe?
He clearly called out on the bullshit psychic asspull to not only erase bi sexuality but to turn iceman full gay.

And then there is the fact the user only listed one white girl. that isn't women hating.

Fuck you and your bait.

He's always been strong, he's just never been interested in developing his powers. That was a thing until like the 2000's.

Something Molecules. Its dumb.

And now you're bringing in the "Bisexual is better because it makes it less real" idea?
I spoke too soon! "Homophobe" wins it by a nose!

Literally everything in that post is from major X-men runs. Carey's Adjectiveless, Aaron's WATXM, Remender's Uncanny X-Force, Liu's Astonishing X-Men

The mutant ranking system has nothing to do with power, and everything to do with your limitations. Omega have no limits, Alpha have some limits, and anything below can do some minor things.

Ice Man is an Omega level mutant because his control over thermodynamics has no limits. If he really wanted to, he could cause the heat death of the universe, and no one could stop him.

Magneto, on the other hand, is not an Omega level mutant because he can't control all magetism everywhere without limit. Sure, throwing cars and hairy Canadians is impressive, but he can't just rip every single molecule of iron in the entire universe and move it to one location.

Because like every X-men writer, they love to wank their favorite pet character by turning them into a token omega level mutant. Replace shit tier telepath Emma Frost? She is an omega. Remember shitface Storm? She is an omega. Remember potential token mutant Superman Warpath? He was an omega before they decided to nerf him into oblivion. Remember Nate Grey/Cable? They were an omega before they got raped.

Oh wow, you are replying to the wrong guy too, I'm not even the original guy posting But god damn comblr, you really need to reach that hard?
Also
>calling a gay man a homophobe
HAHAHA FAGGOT.

Alpha's just have non-useless powers with no drawbacks.
Also, Bobby do a lot of shit with matter manipulation. Other than turning himself and others into water or ice, he can straight up teleport anyone anywhere in the world as long as their submerged/covered in water/ice.

Because his faggotry knows no limits.

>Ice Man is an Omega level mutant because his control over thermodynamics has no limits. If he really wanted to, he could cause the heat death of the universe, and no one could stop him.

Its cute that you actually think he is capable of doing this when he is still capable of getting 3rd degree burns from a flamethrower.

Emma isn't shit, in fact she's extremely skilled. She just doesn't have as much raw power as Jean or her kids.
Storm has always been OP, the only thing holding her back is living on Earth.

Dude, you're online perpetuating a homophobic meme.
That is a fact.
It doesn't matter if you smoke the sausage, you picked your side on the homophobia issue today.

...But he can't? Iceman can completely dissipate and reform. He's effectively free floating consciousness that out of comfort reassembles itself as human, like sandman.

Go fuck yourself, if your version of representation is tokenism then I'd much rather never have representation

Emma's not one. Everyone else is. But they've always been shown as bullshit. Cable's fucking kept a city floating for like a year. Storm's destroyed fucking africa more times than I can fucking count. Warpath was never omega.

>like sandman.
Sandman's consciousness is inside a single grain of sand. Peter threatened to destroy that grain during Ends of the Earth.

Wait, are you mad that gays are trying to take Faggot back for years and years?
especially twinky club going fags calling everyone else either bitches or faggots?

Its like being mad at black people for using Niggah and not condemning the people that use Nigger.

...That's somehow less believable than the idea of him not being attached to any sand in particular. I'm going to guess this was a new concept Slott introduced?

Yes.

The more I think about it the stupider it is. By that logic you could very quickly by punching through Sandman a couple times tell which half of him would retain consciousness during a split.

Afaik omega level just means their powers are world threatening. Other mutants could easily take him but they couldn't cause a global disaster with their powers.

That definition puts Magneto at omega, which he isn't.

Omega just means that whatever your power is, it has no upper limit.

Magneto has a limit, it's just very high. He needed a machine for Magneto Wars to happen and time to retrieve the space bullet Kitty was trapped in.

Right. That's exactly what I said. Magneto is not an omega level mutant.

No, I'm mad that someone can't be bothered to accept a person who comes out of the closet, because Iceman "suddenly" being gay after years and years of awkward struggles with trying to form relationships with women: THAT is what coming out usually looks like.
This was an accurate depiction.
And trying to get them to take it back and to go back to being acceptable in your eyes? Even if it's just a little compromise that YOU think wouldn't make that much difference, but is a change of who THEY are that makes it no longer a problem for YOU.
THAT IS HOMOPHOBIA.
That is the definition of homophobia. And people IRL do it to people who have come out to them.
It's not okay to push someoneback into the closet.

Okay Bendis, you did a great job. Everyone totally thinks Bobby was an organic closet case.

user, is absolutely right. Having one guy being able to destroy the planet in a minute if he wanted to is in no way comparable to humans with robot jobbers or nukes.

You put Ice Man on one side and humanity on the other and humanity loses. Hard.

And there is a paramilitary TEAM of them. Who answer to no one but themselves.

X-men started as a metaphor for discrimination. Now its a metaphor for the one percent. There's nothing of consequence humanity can do to them and they still act like the're the ones being bullied if you ask them to register.

It would be different if the X-men actually tried to form bonds with normal human beings. But when is the last time they gave an interview to the human press or had a human friend? When's the last time humans got to see the inside of their super cool clubhouse only for super cool world ending mutants?

And if you ask Mr. God to register, to just do this one thing for the non-powered humans suddenly you're the asshole. "Muh flastscan oppression".

Do you really think sentinels can take the X-men as they're written now? Humanity is a the mercy of a bunch of rich assholes in a mansion. That's the X-men.

You see this pic? There's no way in hell the X-men would actually be polite to the heckler. There's no way in hell they wouldn't demonize him as a racist asshole.

The irony of the X-men is that they're supposed to be hated for their powers by stupid humans. But that's wrong. DC humans love Superman because Superman is a bro.

It's not a power thing. People don't hate the X-men because they have powers. They hate them for being assholes with powers.

>because Iceman "suddenly" being gay after years and years of awkward struggles with trying to form relationships with women

Male characters who like to fuck women but have difficulty forming lasting relationships with them are now automatically gay?

Someone get Jean over to Avengers Mansion, someone needs to sit Tony Stark and Johnny Storm down and "let them know" they're in the closet.

Please go back to tumblr.

Stop shitposting. This was explained to you. You know you aren't making an actual reasoned argument.

So stop breaking the board rules.

How is that user shitposting retard?

Oh really? Really? You think bigots won't use other words and new ones to continue hating?
You really are a special kind of stupid holy fuck.

Also, fuck you for thinking you get to decide who is gay or straight, what are you, a japanese girl?

Even more disgusting is that now being gay is Iceman/Bobby NEW BIG THING YAY!

Question, who would win in a fight, speed force bullshit or bobbys freezeforce bullshit?

>THAT is what coming out usually looks like.
>This was an accurate depiction.

I'm sure that lots of gay people are told they are gay by someone else and forced to accept it because the other person knows better than them

If Captain Cold can slow down Speedforce users than Iceman could probably do slightly better

But speedforce is basically magic aND the Flash has too much plot armor to lose against a mutie

Speedforce
Punch Bobby out of the womb.

I think he means that iceman was changed by bendis to be 'progressive'. The general opinion is that that scene was handled incredibly poorly.

Sexuality isn't the issue, bendis is. God hates bendis, bendis isn't natural, I'm proud to be a bendiphobe!

Well, how much is iceman handicapping himself?

Generally speed force, because Bobby's a jabroni.

Plenty of closeted people have friends who try to ask if they are gay to reassure them that they can be trusted to come out to

Yes, that's very clearly asking Bobby if he was gay to reassure him. Clearly.

It's the closest real world comparison because real people don't have mind probing privacy destroying powers

Is this you?

>Peopel don't have mind probing privacy destroying powers
Sure they do. Like for instance people have the power to make assumptions about people's sexuality based on hunches or private information they found and bluntly state to them what they are and force them out. We all have that power.

Seriously, this fucking part.
THIS FUCKING PART.
I know some Bi people and they clearly exist in bigger numbers then purely gay or lesbian people.

That is called "detective work" asshole.
Clearly different from fucking psychics.

>Well, how much is iceman handicapping himself?
One time he went evil and went all out on Earth, and it caused so much ice in Asgard that Thor assumed it was a sign of Ragnarok.

Sure, but according to this thread he avoids using the full extent of his powers. His only chance against the speed force is going all out.

Fuck off tumblr. Just fuck off the edge of my dick or don't because I don't fuck cunts.

i for one support marvel's decision to give iceman omega level homosexuality powers

Iceman's powers go beyond being able to freeze the world.

He's also functionally immortal in ice form, even if he's vaporised he can come back simply by gathering enough moisture around him and freezing it. He can instantly transfer himself through any body of water (like melting himself in NY and reforming himself in London), etc.

Of course most writers ignore all that and just make him the guy who skates on impossible ice slides and throws snowballs. Which frankly fits his personality a lot better anyway.

More like someone wrote about an character with control over ice and it's forms without really thinking about how super overpowered that would be. This happens all the time in comics. Most characters are extremely overpowered once you start thinking about them logically. In Icemans case he can make it rain or snow, turn to mist, water and ice and freeze things. It takes a very small leap to turn that into he can fuck up the climate and create an iceage, be unkillable and instakill people by freezing every cell in their body.

What do you mean why?

omega level only means that he has unlimited potential, nothing more.

underrated

All I can think of from this was when my relatives insinuating to me that I'm gay when I'm not at all.

She once tried to absorb the sun, and could have possibly done it.

Unlimited control over molecular vibrations. Or at least slowing/stopping them and restoring them. If you have even a slight understanding of what that means it makes him ludicrously overpowered.

You people just can't resist taking any bait that's dangled in front of you, can you?