Will this be remembered as the best trilogy to ever be made?

Will this be remembered as the best trilogy to ever be made?

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/1018542/is-war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-the-best-third-movie-in-a-trilogy-ever/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the first one is good but weak.

Haven't seen it yet but even if its amazing like the second film and a masterpiece like theyre saying now, it cant be the best trilogy ever since the first film is only "good" not amazing. Lord of the Rings for all three films are arguably some of the best films ever made and is difficult as hell to top desu

>taking this weak ass bait literally

fucking autists everywhere

This. Too light hearted, drawn out, and Franco sucks ass per usual

Second one is kino

One of the few cases where the reboot surpasses the originals, yes, even the "classic" first one (fuck off people only remember the ending).

Is this movie really a masterpiece?

I still love the first one, the second one is amazing, one of the best sequels of all time. If this third one really is as good as the critics are saying it is, it will be. Probably the 2nd best trilogy, imo. And I'm not counting trilogies that don't continue the story. LOTR is the best, 3 absolutely fantastic films. The original SW trilogy, although containing 2 of my favorite films, is crippled by ROTJ being barely even good.

Honestly rotj >>>>> Franco apes movie

That and ANH pales in comparison to Empire. I don't give a fuck what anyone says.

this thread is everyone taking crazy pills here?

Like others are saying, Rise was kind of weak but Dawn is legitimately fantastic. These movies are super underrated.

It might be, but I have a question: what happened to the monkeys? Seriously, there were only apes when Caesar gassed up everybody in the first movie, right? There were no monkeys. Were the monkeys seen as inferior for not being smart like the apes? Keep in mind, all the ape kids are smart because the apes pass it down by genes and an ape isn't going to get it on with a monkey. We never actually found out if the apes ate the monkeys or if they keep them as slaves. I want this question answered.

ehhhh

I assumed that monkeys are still just regular monkeys. I was under the impression that the serum or whatever only worked on higher level primates like chimps and apes.

Lord of the Rings faggot, and it's not even close.

No. Second one is good but first one wasn't that great

What abut Indiana Jones?
What about Back to the Future?

BTF 2 kind of sucked
Temple of Doom kind of sucked

I haven't seen a single one of these. Are they actually good or is it a meme?

Very good. Check it out.

they are legitimately good

The first one with james franco is tolerable. Dawn is the good one

The only Apes movie I've seen is that one with Helena B Carter where it finishes with the fucking ape Lincoln memorial lel

lolno. pic related is best trilogy

Jesus fuck.

S-sorry user...

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is the last example I have of a big budget blockbuster being genuinely good across the board and evoking the feeling one has when watching films like Jurassic Park or Star Wars.

I unironically prefer the TDK trilogy , the toy story trilogy and the three colours trilogy over this.

user LOVES REDDIT MORE THAN KINO

I still haven't seen any Indiana Jones movies. I should skip the most recent one, correct?

O
ne day while andy was masturbating

kill yourself

Yes

Monkino is upon us, boys. This will be one of the few trilogies where each move is better than the last

Yes.

The second one is love it or hate it.

nah they're great movies

I own a pretty extensive collection of Jessie action figures from Toy Story 2. Sometimes I like to take one of them off the shelf when I’m done masturbating. I cum on her face and leave the room, pretending she comes to life while I’m gone, like in the movie. I imagine her crying and all the other toys trying to console her because she can’t clean the jizz off without arousing suspicion when I come back. I then proceed to clean her face with the same tissue I used to wipe my dick, while at the same time waterboarding her with a cup of my own urine. I repeat this process once a day, every day, until the face begins to crack and wear off. It usually takes around 1-3 weeks. Then it’s onto the next Jessie action figure, and so on. I just want to see if you guys think this falls under the realm of “normal behavior” and what your opinion was.

>Three colours trilogy

Can anyone have worse taste than this.

Put this and TDK trilogy and not including The captain America trilogy is pathetic.

The originals as dumb as they were actually dealt with various themes ranging from science, culture, war, and religion. Whereas the new trilogy while entertaining with the exception of the first one is just dumb action.

There isn't much action in the second movie until the second half. The entire first half is just showing ape and human society and the tension between them

>Captain America trilogy

It's like a cold. The humans get sick and die. The monkeys get it and get smarter.

What's the matter. They start with a really good film then produce a great one and then top it off with one of the best in the genre.

It'll be remembered far more fondly than indie no name crap like the three colours or the laughingstock TDK trilogy.

Forgive my previous retardation. Are there smart monkeys now?

Yeah the second film seems to be about survivalism more than anything (the final showdown is the weakest part).

>points out the Cap trilogy yet conveniently skims by the inferior TDK trilogy
wew lad

>Civil War being one of the best in the genre
>remembered far more fondly than the laughingstock TDK trilogy
this is what Capfags actually believe, last (You) for tonight okay kid

Because the other guy was already insulting the TDK and three colours trilogy while praising the captain America trilogy.(which can barely even be considered a cap trilogy considering the final film is Avengers 2.5)

The fact that the TDK trilogy isn't busy franchise building makes it superior.

Fuck off not a single movie in cap trilogy is worse than TDKR and they have far more artistic integrity than anything Nolan has done.

Civil War has a piss poor set up, phoned in acting, and awful CGI, in addition to being poorly shot compared to Nolan's average fare. And implying First Avenger is anything more than a 5/10 is delusional

Take your head out of your ass

meant for

That title would probably have to go to something people actually watch.

Not even slightly close to best trilogy ever, but definitely solid.

I loved the first one
>RIP Buck
you guys are forgetting about NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and koba and the actual gradual process of it. had some great moments. as far as summer blockbusters go it was easily an 8/10

Dawn was on another level. Matt Reeves gets my dick hard.
It also had the best villain since darth vader in it. movies are made by the villains. and KOBA DID NOTHING WRONG. amazing movie.
>that 360 tank turret spin as the APC went into the steps of the human settlement
that was some fucking human work
saw it twice in theatres actually.

super excited about the 3rd installment. no koba but woody can certainly make up for that.
>you now remember gary oldman was in dawn and that the entire cast was pretty star studded in terms of actual talent over big names

Well it has a pro-white genocide allegory, so if the (((hollywood media))) has any say in the matter it will be.

With War for the Planet of the Apes, technological wizardry and first-rate storytelling combine into a bracing action-adventure that concludes the best science fiction trilogy since the original trio of Star Wars movies.
Matt Reeves caps the trilogy with an epic story, but it is Andy Serkis's interior battle, Caesar's humanity dueling with his simian instincts, that is the single most spectacular element of the film.

The satisfying and heart-wrenching climax is a last reminder that Caesar's new adventure is one of this summer's best.

its funny how I want to believe RT when its a film Im excited about. I wont put any stock in that but this is from critics who loved Dawn of the apes so Im on board the hype train.

>too light hearted
>that "no" scene where he beats the shit out of the kid
it's fucking kino

>three fine films
>suddenly it's "best trilogy to ever be made

the state of this fucking board jesus fucking christ. is hollywood industry that bad people say a fucking planet of the apes reboot trilogy is the best thing ever made?

I guess Sup Forums really memed up the monkino here.

I was confused for a second there lol.

without hesitation I can confidently state when it comes to summer blockbuster trilogies
LOTR>Apes>BTTF>Indiana Jones>Star Wars>Dark Knight>Godfather just because of 3>Toy Story>Matrix>spiderman with toby>iron man>TNMT original trilogy

I have that much faith in what everyone is saying about the Apes film. I mean after LOTR and Matrix and Nolans batman this will be the only other trilogy of movies I've seen all in theatre and liked each one.

qz.com/1018542/is-war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-the-best-third-movie-in-a-trilogy-ever/
I mean I know to take it with a grain of salt but what if its true. what if its just as good as DAWN. I trust them. hell andy serkis is getting his own project to direct after this because he had so much clout after these films.

Caesar dealing with natural simian instincts and interests vs his attachment to humanity and emotion? Sounds pretty neat to be honest, I can dig it.

Was the 2nd one even really that good? I can't even remember any of the non ape scenes

>is hollywood industry that bad

"yes"

Not surprising that a filthy weeb can't recognize kino

andy serkis plays gollum in LOTR cgi character
andy serkis plays caesar in apes cgi character
CONFIRMED

(Koba, killed off in the last film, reappears in spirit in this one.)
thank you based reeves

>Godfather & Dark Knight Rated that low
>The Matrix not dead last

Dude, what the actual fuck

That's not Lord of the Rings.

No captain america trilogy at the top. That's the fucking travesty.

Nice Zoolander reference.

it's true, these movies don't get the recognition they deserve

Man with no Name trilogy or bust

find one other trilogy that is better with each installment

only movie Im gonna see in theatres
I lied. forgot about dunkirk.

Yes. I honestly can't think of a better trilogy beside maybe the LoTR films

>Indiana Jones
>Toy Story
>trilogies
phams...

>trilogy

this is the last Apes movie they're making for the story?

wtf are you talking about, the 2 first movies are very solid and the third is being worshipped by critics also is the reboot of one of the greatest classics of cinema history.

>trilogy
>implying there aren't two more movies after this

>ceasar was my slave name
>I am now Aldo

Really? Jesus Christ

Im getting pretty sick of the ROTJ is bad meme. Luke and vaders conflict, Vaders redemption and his funeral are pure kino

faggots

Yes it hilarious isn't it a movie about actual chimps taking over the world is used as an allegory for slavery. Casual racism doesn't even get close to what Hollywood is doing

>trilogy
We got one more movie boyo

Koba did nothing wrong until... He threw the ape off the fucking balcony

I even forgive him for shooting Caesar

thematically unconnected trilogies now count
there's million others you could have posted as well
I mean yeah
but honestly Ape trilogy is better than that stuff

but dah ewoks are silly hurrrrr

>Will this be remembered as the best trilogy to ever be made?

Ummmmm.......no sweetie.

It's a rotten turd compared to the Original Star Wars trilogy.

Butthurt much punk. Does it bother you that the captain America trilogy grossed more and more acclaimed than your shit monkey trilogy?

I'm sorry but no you're a pleb, the first is a fucking masterpiece of shots, writing, thought provocation and conclusion. The remakes are good but have zero depth and are just 100% visuals with simple lines for the meatskulls.

Isn't it obvious?

They got fucked to death by the apes.

Fucked. To. Death.

Bonobos love to fuck.

>not mentioning the park chan wook vengeance trilogy.
You cape shitters are a disgrace.

>Can anyone have worse taste than this.
Well you managed it apparently, capeshit shouldn't exist in anyones favorite list of anything.

>more acclaimed
capeshitter please you're embarrassing yourself

Really? you're going for the more money = better movie angle? Fuck me Sup Forums has fallen to normies.

Kek bullshit, having read the book, the original one is fucking stupid in its approach. The remake is much better.

that movie was so jarringly bad, that i went into it as a stupid and high as fuck 21 year old dumbass, and walked out never to do drugs again. it was like going through the brainwashing Alex does in A Clockwork Orange.

they should show that shit in rehab. make people get high as fuck, then show them that movie by force if necessary. it would end the drugwar overnight.

Someone spoil me on this. It's obviously a race war/white man genocide fantasy written by (((them))), and it's getting the expected reviews as such, but what's the whole story, spoil me please.

>>TFW I will never get to butter her scones, or mash her tatties

it really isn't

the monkey killers are multiculti as fuck

What about Fury Road? Those were the two blockbusters I was most impressed with over the last few years

>It's obviously a race war/white man genocide fantasy written by (((them)))

You people really go out of your way to get triggered by everything