ITT: Your favorite shot of all time. Something so incredibly particular must be very personal

ITT: Your favorite shot of all time. Something so incredibly particular must be very personal.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qEsPqJOKmiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FmF_Phk6eIE
youtube.com/watch?v=JrokMa1QlKo
youtube.com/watch?v=XRW_GgqUzjU&t=5m42s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the shot from that 2011 movie

Reee, why did they never make a sequel to this?

Also, the ending. But I don't have that webm.

>4
Post the other 3 you have

Someone is going to say this is an epic Reddit meme, but in reality I found this movie on VHS at my local rental store years before I used the internet to find more out about movies.

The castle sequence fucking floored me. The entire movie was just so expressive in its colors and muted drama. Man, that scene where one of the son's retainers straight up kills the son's wife was so satisfying even considering all that had happened in the movie. I've never seen blood splatter used in such a way since then.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qEsPqJOKmiQ

this

Good choice.

It doesn't seem like much of a shot, but the opening to Alien with the Nostromo instantly set the tone for the movie better than anything else I've seen before.

Just as he steps from the shadows. Chills.

Only acceptable answer

Was the implication here that Mark Wahlberg's character fucked his own daughter?

Damn, this looks like a frame from a Kurosawa film......

In hell.

>Sunshine of my Love starts playing:
youtube.com/watch?v=FmF_Phk6eIE

Can this be watched with subs?

why does he never talks outside of movies?

Was she really 17 in this?

desu, Sup Forums suggested Ran to me. I never really used Reddit much, so Idk if it really isn't a reddit movie.

IMAGINE

Japanese cheesecake. Pretty good. Like cheesecake flavored Rührkuchen or an American Pound Cake.

Sunshine of Your Love*

Fuuuuuuck.

>That's when I knew that Jimmy was gonna whack Morrie.

Shut up weeb i know what it is.

Impossibru.

Classic film.

the greatest shot in cinema.

I want to ____ that cheescake

Buffalo '66 is pure lonely isolated dysfunctional loser kino in the same tier of the genre as Taxi Driver, and easily surpassing Punch Drunk Love.

Vincent Gallo is truly /ourguy/.

All too easy.

youtube.com/watch?v=JrokMa1QlKo

I swear to god I've seen that movie in the intro video to shogun: total war, but I can't find it anywhere on youtube

Even the steam version of the game I have now took it out

If I could find my old CDs I swear I would upload it. I'm not going crazy, am I? Did anyone else here play it?

It's a shame that such a talent is wasted directing Chinese Cartoons all day.

This is one of those scenes you can only truly appreciate in context. It's a short film and everyone should see it.

Just watched this recently. Trash kino.

Chainsaw dance = GOAT

this post is underrated

is this where the camera pans away from Travis because it's too embarassed for him? Great, clever camera work

Only acceptable answer.

RIDE AWAY

KINO
I
N
O

more like underreddit lmao

People say this about a lot of shots in good looking movies, but this ACTUALLY looks like a painting that was captured on film.

picking only one is hard, this film is a masterpiece

Unironically this.

>pans away from Travis because it's too embarassed for him
stop watching youtube film analysis

Then what DOES it mean???

Great choice

I have it on cd, It's there

>that cut to black and complete silence

Why do simple-minded people love the "character silhouetted looking away from camera" shot so much?

>watched memories of murder and sympathy for mr.vengeance on the same day
>by complete coincidence that actor was in both films
It was very comfy

fuck I never realized this is what the shallow grave scene is drawing from

>when the ugly starts running around the graveyard and the ecstasy of gold starts playing

>being so autistic that you're cut off from understanding the effectiveness of archetypal imagery that's been utilized since the dawn of man
JUST

Of course.

>the ugly
>confirmed for seeing that clip on youtube and nothing else

I just have a bad memory. I can't remember character's names very well after seeing a movie.

>"archetypal imagery"
Needlessly flowery term for uninspired cookie cutter framing.

I just want to point how this one shot from star wars looks like it's from The Holy Mountain

Your post is a glib facsimile
>>>/rottentomatoes/

>uh duhhrr durr if i put a dark character in a light shape with more dark stuff surrounding them its automatically brilliant
>muh archetypal imagrry
You need to be 18+ to post here.

kek it does

ET just after landing on Earth. His awe of the world makes this maybe my favorite shot out there. Or the entirety of Lawrence of Arabia/The Tree of Life

I didn't notice that only the people had shadows until someone on Sup Forums pointed it out to me.

Also, I was explaining this shot to someone who hadn't seen the movie, and she was like "how does painting the shadows help, the painted shadows can't follow them" and then I told her that the shot was just them standing there and the whole shot felt really lame after that.

>the classic getting so butthurt you feel the need to samefag, one with a "dignified" response the second with impotent rage
u mad? :^)

Impossible to pick an all time favorite but here's my favorite from this particular movie.

pure unfiltered kino

>giving up on the argument and retreating to stuffing as many buzzwords into a post as possible
I accept your concession, you're new to film and have an underdeveloped understanding of cinematography.

>obliviously describing his own post
>thinks he's in an argument
>I win haha
oh summer, You still haven't posted an example of what you consider good cinematography btw, I'm sure it will blow us all away

what point n' click game is this?

>akira kurosawa was simple minded
(you) need to leave

Usually these old asian movies are bad at making it look like someone was actually hit. This is pretty impressive.

Does Kurosawa even do this though?

youtube.com/watch?v=XRW_GgqUzjU&t=5m42s
Watch until 11:20. Come for the imagery, stay for the oddly compelling Russian poetry. (Also nominated, any frame at random from Stalker). Better quality version was recently deleted from youtube and quality is worth it here