youtube.com/watch?v=40_2KyoGs-o
youtube.com/watch?v=DOM0vegVIEA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>NZ accent
>Great
lol no

>Seth Efriken accent
>Great

Suppose they belong in the Good tier then. But they're not bad.

Canadians would be in whatever you consider Wisconsin to be

>South African
Aur ackent es gud, eye sweer

*flips chart*
ah yes much better

Canadian English actually has more in common with California than the Midwest

don't fucking call me a canadian

>no malta

Depends what part of the country you're from. A British Columbian will sound like a Californian, but a someone from Manitoba or Ontario will sound like someone from Minnesota.

it's weird that people like RP British accents and hate British chav accents, but the opposite is true here

You basically are one though. The cultural differences between the two places are negligible.

Only about half of us have an accent. The other half sounds completely neutral and pure.

It's all of Canada. Ricky in Trailer Park Boys pronounces his vowels more like a Valley Girl than somebody in Fargo.

Yeah but I bet a Californian doesn't pronounce for as "fer" or car as "care".

always some know it all leaf. shut the fuck up loser.

I don't think it's possible to not have an accent. Some like the Alberta or Saskatchewan ones are just less distinctive.

>Scottish not godtier

That's two people. You addressed two people as one person. Heh.

Canadians don't have the Northern Cities Vowel Shift. It literally stops at the border.

explain the northern cities vowel shift.

>ireland, wales
ok to breddy gud
>nz, SA
I guess you like decks
>england, america
too many variants to just list under one
>canada
it's shit
>chilean
same shit as southern garbage
>scotland
god tier, you have shit taste

youtube.com/watch?v=Km8W5Tvz5lU

It's the defining feature of the "Chicago" (Great Lakes) accent.

Bat = Bet/Byat
Bet = But
But = Bought
Bought = Bot
Bot = Bat

youtu.be/2tpyV1tjwQM
youtu.be/gbMSnxDVSEs
youtu.be/Eo1saZZzRx0
youtu.be/3noS_0IdrRo

americans don't like poorthern english accents

kiwi and scottish are the best

I have to my mom is fron Doncaster

I do

posh english accents are so common place in advertising/movies/etc that it feels no more special than general american

binland has best english accent

Mancunian is my favorite of all of them

This. Finland has God-tier accents.
youtu.be/oWuyrlXI7nA

>Americans don't like West-Country accents

>American """""accent"""""
American accent is actual English for me tbqh

welsh on girls is qt

t. Seamous

WALES MENTIONED

It is though

welsh accents on elves
MAXIMUM QT

rightfully so

yes they do they think you're pirates

youtube.com/watch?v=iklEkUU9Slo

When I was in Boston everyone thought I was from Canada

t. Wisconsinite

KEK

no
youtube.com/watch?v=x04BGtS6dKw

so much this, anyone from the midwest notrh of Illinois is unironically Canadian

Disagree. Every flags on that rating should gone to shitholes incomprehensible tier. A bunch of ugly mongrels trying to communicate and shrieking. French is Gawd tier.

Fuckin hate it when people call my accent Canadian
t. South Dakotan

>Anything antipodal on top
>Alabama on bottom

Surely you jest, OP

>an incomprehensible shrieking is heard, far off...
>the anglo awakens

I actually think the Northern New Jersey accent and the Deep South accent are both great, they bring the US up

If it's any consolation, the Manchester accent is one of my favorites

FTFY

Newfie accent is inbred 20 IQ subhuman sheep fucker tier.
Quebcois accent is fine.
Anglo Canadian english is same as standard American english.
Not muh variation other than that.
Anyone you see who speaks with a newfie accent is subhuman and must not be approached in anyway.

shut the fuck up you dumb newfie get back to slaving at the oil sands. probably using your pogey just to say this eh bud. can somebody find me the video of the southern girl showing her coffee equipment thank s

That's because they're our retarded countrymen.

The Alabaman accent is honest one of the best in my opinion.
>tfw born and raised in the South and have a neutral accent

1. Australian
2. French
3. Queen's English
4. Alabaman

>neutral accent
This doesn't exist.

yes, bennishe axgent es best :DDDD

As far as American accents go, yes you can have a neutral one.
Fuck up cunt.

Newfie and Maritimer accents are good, the rest of Anglophone Canada sounds exactly like America to me.

you guys are like the vegetarians of people when it comes to this country.

Trust me, you don't. Albertans saying "about" doesn't sound like "aboot", it sounds like "a boat".

In Freedomland you can

Those accent tag videos are stupid to get the point across because they cover only a few words but it comes off only real subtly or not at all for people in the suburbs or in flyovers.

>Poo Peeland
>Great
Yeah nah get fucked
it sounds like someone's scratching a blackboard

>Ricky in Trailer Park Boys
>An actual representation of real people rather than a comic caricature

Mid-atlantic accent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all others

youtube.com/watch?v=uhlzdjPGxrs

youtube.com/watch?v=nH2DKZ-2m74

Most English accents are liked, you just have to browse the internet to see everyone fawning over them regardless of the dialect.

youtube.com/watch?v=ObvWcvd9m_I
It's not like he made up some autistic, fake accent for the show.

That was really just a learnt accent which not many people had apart from people who worked in the media like Cary Grant, who is English but plied his trade in America. Not sure it even exists anymore.

He dosen't have an accent sweetie

Californians pronounce "for" like "fer"
t. Californian

I love the Alabama accent tbqh. Gets me right going on nice women.

He sounds more like a Californian than a Midwesterner. Nobody on this side of the lakes pronounces "have that" as "hov thot"

It doesn't. It was used for early movies so the equipment could catch what they were saying

Reminder that Shakespearean accents would have sounded like a cross between an American hillbilly and an English pirate.

English pirate more like a West Country English accent, which is where the stereotypical pirate accent comes from in television and film.

youtube.com/watch?v=gPlpphT7n9s
youtube.com/watch?v=gPlpphT7n9s

I was also under the impression that the (Southern) American "twang" existed in the British Isles during this time, which is why you can also hear it in some parts of Canada.

i think you're retarded
listen to a minnesotan then listen to an albertan back to back
canadian english has nothing to do with californian english

It did, bongs get offended when you say that old things survived in the U.S while they died out in the U.K

Let's see what actual linguists have to say...

To be fair, that's because there are retards who like to claim that Shakespeare spoke like a modern Alabaman.

leaf accents ranked
1. newfie
2. maritime
3. BC interior
4. prairie/territories (basically the same accent, territories are just too small to have their own regional accent, but it's a little bit thicker an accent the further north you go)
5. northern ontario
6. BC lower mainland/vancouver island
7. southern ontario
8. quebecker/francophone easterner english (aka just speak with a gay lisp, our PM is a good example of this godawful accent)

Seeing how most Southerns are from Northern England and Southern Scotland they'd sound closer to what they sound/sounded like. I heard that the Belfast accent is sorta similar.

didn't read any of this
just don't like people saying canadians speak like californians, californian accents are fucking nails on a blackboard

>newfie
weird irish accent

>maritime
not much to it

>northern ontario
>dat bobcat dere. giv'er a spin

>southern ontario
neutral

>The [Canadian] shift is structurally identical to the movement of front vowels in the California Shift of California English; whether this a coincidence or not is not yet clear.

>weird irish accent
exactly why i like it desu
youtube.com/watch?v=-vWlIvfQTck

I'll drive my bobcat right up dere and stick my boot ur ass if you ever insult them again

>dat bobcat dere. giv'er a spin
youtube.com/watch?v=59Vic7jRHvA&t

>The New Zealand accent has been rated the most attractive and prestigious non-British form of English, according to a BBC survey.

> New Zealand English came in first ahead of Australian, American and most regional British accents in the study published in the international Journal of Sociolinguistics, edited by Professor Allan Bell, Director of AUT’s Institute of Culture, Discourse and Communication.

>sciencealert.com/nz-accent-britains-favourite

Reminder that we are still Mummy's favourite child and there is nothing you can do to alter this truth.

based ray

Leafs all sound as if they have stuffy noses and they're insisting on primarily talking and breathing through it instead of their mouth

Just watch some NHL interviews

>>The New Zealand accent has been rated the most attractive and prestigious non-British form of English, according to a BBC survey.

I live in Washington state and british columbians sound no different than my dialect. Both have the cot/caught and pen/pin merger

Fush and chups

really depends on what part of BC really, you got lower mainlanders and islanders who speak pretty well the same as washingtonians, and then you've got people from the interior (especially around the cariboo and the northern rockies) who speak like stereotypical canadians, AvE is a prime example
youtube.com/watch?v=t6TicfiSOcE

>On the linguistic side, the high rating for New Zealand English probably reflects the fact that it is relatively close to the prestige British accents

Well NZ is just Great Britain in the southern hemisphere.

youtube.com/watch?v=pQS1Rwo5vp0

holy shit
we've found the world's most Irish man and he's not from Ireland

how on earth is the new zealand accent anywhere near a "prestigous" british accent
youtube.com/watch?v=40_2KyoGs-o

I would do unspeakable things just to get a whiff of that pole

McCartney a cute.

youtube.com/watch?v=DOM0vegVIEA