What went wrong?

>What went wrong?

I was totally okay with revamping something like TRON but why did it fail?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tdU46cSqslI
youtube.com/watch?v=BkPdEbcmF2E
youtube.com/watch?v=rDxbK7IcaXA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It took itself too seriously with a over-complicated plot. Could of been a fun movie with playful proper wink and nods to the original. The main character was stiff, should of cast someone with more charisma like a young Jeff Bridges. The whole young Jeff Bridges/Clu thing was fucking dumb. Could of tied the two films together by making it a grudge match between Flynns kid and Dillingers kid becoming the Master Control Program.

Nothing went wrong. Its an aesthetically pleasing adventure where the risk of failure and tension feel real and every character adds to the world. For being set in a computer the setting feels very real and believable. It was fun and memorable, and I've enjoyed every watching of it.

it's the same disney plot you've seen 100 times before, maximally safe and boring, token romance that makes zero sense, shot of a cute dog for no reason, etc

visuals and daft punk were good though

Critics?
Marketing?
No idea honestly
This was kino

The 80's movie is better.

Also gen y doesn't know what tron is apart from that remake.

i liked it more that the first tron which is a tough watch. i think they should have rebooted instead of revamped it. also sucks they killed the sequel caused of other films failing.

>there will be no TRON Uprising Season 2

it was less a film and more a vehicle for Doof doof music. also needed more Qorra ass, like about 90 minutes more.

The marketing was all fucked up. They just assumed people remembered TRON which was a huge mistake.

first one wasn't a success either and had major issues, and the idea of being inside a computer isn't mind-blowing enough to carry a movie post-Matrix

>What went wrong?
normies like prechewed shit spoonfed to them
You can clearly see that the audience are just retards like that want a rehash of what it was instead of a proper sequel story.
As much as I don't like the guy that was cast as Flynn's son the whole story of him finding Flynn, the dude being stucked for thousands of years on the Grid, the fact that he lives to see his son again, the three running away on the light train like in the original, the contrast between of past Flynn in the form of Clu and the enlighted Flynn you meet in the movie, everything was a fucking treat if you liked the first one and the world it was set in.

This is also fucking sad, since Uprising somehow find a way to be interesting but being it's own thing. Also with the advantage to fill those thousands of years of Grid history.

>grudge match between Flynns kid and Dillingers kid
Isn't that what 3 was going to be about anyway?

>Quorra pulls out a book
>"This one is my favorite!"
>It's MY favorite book
HOW DID THEY KNOW

3 was going to be about Dillinger kid on a competing company going against ENCOM and probably finding about The Grid.
I was hoping for some form of redeeming arc for Tron, post Rinzler brainwash and maybe some namedropping/winks/weapons or stuff that was on Uprising. Like a cool fighting scene with someone using Tesler's arms or something cool with Quorra.

>mfw I saw this and thought he was talking about the show
but yeah, the movie sucked

It's a great movie I still watched from time to time. Each time I like more about the details I found so I cant be very objective. Quora was great sure. Give Kru a speech that echos Flynn's speech is also cool. I gradually get used to the part when the father and son resolve their relationship problems. The only part I still can't get thru is the genocide thing which gives me bad feel.

On one hand I would like to see more of it.

But looking at all the other "successful" franchises, I know that good things must have a limit. So I am ok with what we got now.

the reason disney abandoned tron was a combination of tomorrowland failing (due to the utter incompotence of lindelof) and buying star wars.

>What went wrong?
Absolutely nothing.
Refer to thisI thought it was fucking great, and the story was fine to me.

Best themes:
youtube.com/watch?v=tdU46cSqslI
youtube.com/watch?v=BkPdEbcmF2E
youtube.com/watch?v=rDxbK7IcaXA

I really liked it. CLU was pretty hot.
I've heard the cartoon is great.

I actually liked it. the gnostic subtext went over the head of its audience.

my only gripe is the drag in the middle when Sam meets up with his dad

may have failed. but i love it still. watched this movie 2 times this year.

mah nigga