The Departed vs Infernal Affairs

So the Hong Kong original is better than the American remake, right? I haven't seen either flick, but I just wanted to confirm my opinion and make sure it was right before I watched

fuck off

Honestly the departed was really boring for me.

I'M A SAILOR PEG AND I LOST MY LEG

CLIMBING UP THE TOPSAILS, I LOST MY LEG

Yeah its better. All the scenes that the Departed copied the original made it better. Changing the main idea, adding more subplots, more plot twists and loose ends were also awful decisions. Visually the original looks more impressive too.

Only parts where the original drops the ball were on some badly edited scenes and bad music. So a more straight forward remake would have been a decent choice.

Internal Affairs II is better than both of them.

>Infernal Affairs

Someone sauce me up with an Infernal Affairs link its impossible to find a good one

Also A New World was better than The Departed anyways

Pretty much. Nearly everything The Departed tried to do or improve just cheapens the entire movie.

They are both great.

Only plebs have a reactionary "Either / Or" mindset.

No shitty Boston accents.

One holistic concept was lost in translation: revenge is carried out by Buddhist conceptual hell, karmic vengeance in Infernal Affairs. "Infernal," cleverly, but not so subtly is referencing that the entire story is in hell and hell is indeed where we are right now or that hell is a feeling, not a place... The ending is cheapened by Marky Mark's character finishing the job of revenge. Revenge is just a way to destroy oneself, creating more cycles of karmic equilibrium balancing out repercussions of evil deeds. The original film protrays this aptly by letting the guilt of the undercover detective end in death, a reprieve from his suffering of an identity conflict, pretending to be bad but is indeed good at heart. As such, The Departed misses the point of all characters in the original and their guilt and conflicts being internal, timeless mental anguish: without such conflict, the story becomes about a time and place and the external actions of a shallow detective story plot... furthermore, it degrades the themes of justice into ones about a kind of justice that cannot accept a terrible ending for everyone. It must supply a climax in a psychosexual sense to the expectations of the Freudian mass audiences by offering a murderous end which titillates the sexual and emotive drives to murder sexual/social adversaries and the adversaries of one's perceived allies in "goodness." It's all ego and bluster: in reality, bad guys get away. The hope of the original is that in a true cosmology, all are punished eventually, if not by circumstance or the cycle of grief they cause, but by the guilt catching up to them and inflicting a greater kind of pain than death, torturous memory and internal conflict. As the main character suffered conflict, his death only serves to create a greater conflict in his Yin-Yang dual opposite, who is outwardly commendable, but inwardly despicable. In the Yin-Yang modes, the smaller circle of black in white is its strength and vice-versa.

Infernal Affairs Trilogy_(2002-2003)_BRRip_720p_KrazyKarvs_TMRG

>Infernal Affairs
is the entire series worth a watch, or just the first one?

Departed is a lot better and it's not even close. Fucking weebs.

is that zizek?

Does the original have the stupid twist from The Departed where a background character is lul also a bad guy!

I saw the original and then the Departed about a year later. They're both equally mediocre imo. 3/5

seeing as the departed is shit and I've not seen infernal affairs I'd give it to the original

Infernal Affairs ending is shit. It goes on for 20 minutes longer than it should have. And the romance with the therapist is trash in both movies.

agreed, but they original is still a fantastic film worthy of a watch