Name a more devastating film/television loss

Name a more devastating film/television loss.

I can't. You win OP.

>when the cast breaks down crying reading the notes from dead Bill in season five of NewsRadio

Heat Legend

There's no worse, more shocking loss. OP can fuck my sister. It's true.

FUCK YOU ANDY DICK

What happened? His wife shot him or something?

John Cazale and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Fuck you and anyone else who believes that.

>Andy Dick din do nuffin
>He was just a good boy getting people hooked on drugs minding his own business

You stupid fuck. lol. She was already a psychotic, money grabbing coke fiend. Hartman was an ass to marry in the first place.

>it's not on youtube

God dammit.

she was already a coke fiend and psychopath unbeknownst to andy when he gave her the drugs (months??) before she fucking killed hartman who was a moron for marrying such a batshit junkie slut

I feel sorry for John as Meryl Streep is a whore who moved right on to some other dick when he died.

Hoffman was a junkie.

>it's a "nutty roasty who generates nothing of creative value latches on to a successful, beloved man who contributes positive things to the world, and then proceeds to ruin/end his life because she was a fucking nutty roasty" episode

I agree with both points and personally despise Hoffman, but he was still a major loss to cinema. One of the few younger American male leads who brought some depth to his roles. I would have liked to see him making movies as an old man.

*puts the Phil Hartman hex on you*

>it's a "druggy roasty dies because she's a druggy" episode

yeah genuinely can't. Phil Hartman was absolutely one of the greatest comic actors of his generation (which was filled to the brim with great comic actors). nobody in this thread compares to his talent with writing or performing. he was a one of a kind visionary who had decades in him still to go when he died. i'm genuinely getting teary thinking about how much i loved seeing him.

Not as tragic as phil but she was one of my first crushes

phillip seymour hoffman. i win.

You know I usually don' trust me intuition but I always disliked Andy Dick, long before I ever heard what an actual complete faggot he is. There's just something about him that screams "Asshole".

The episodes of that sitcom he was on when he died was fucking surreal when it happened. I didn't know he'd actually died and just wondered why the fuck they turned the comedy so goddamn serious by killing off the dad out of nowhere.

Chris Farley, bonus points because his death also killed David Spade.

Those movies they did were great buddy comedies for their time. I still like them. David Spade is doing alright, but he played best as Farley's straight man.You made me get all sentimental.

>be me
>1998
>riding home on the bus
>bus driver has radio on
>news radio (heh)
>...phil hartman's body...
>what about "phil hartman's body"?
>his body is living and all is well?

I was dreading getting home because I didn't want to find out for sure.

Kubrick

Chris Farely was a sad sack who hated his slapstick persona. One of his closest friends (don't remember who) has said that there were many nights when a drunken/high Chris would ask "Am I just fat guy fall down? Is that all I am?" Dude was tortured as fuck and had no fucking idea what he was in for when he stepped on that stage and danced with Patrick Swayze.

Not worse, necessarily, but:

>Philip Seymour Hoffman (it's easy to judge without knowing the story)
>Heath Ledger
>James Gandolfini (fuck you Sopranos is my jam)

This.

He handled it like a faggot after. It's why Lovitz punched him out.

His death was one of the factors in the simpsons' demise

The biggest and most vulnerable star in the world being murdered by the CIA

bait

>tell my ex about this
>she's silent
>later on acts like 'maybe' he did something to deserve this

God, what a cunt she is. I never should have gotten her pregnant, her whole family is shit as well.

>be mentally ill
>abuse alcohol
>abuse drugs
>go through numerous relationships and marriages
clearly this woman was murdered by an outside force and could not possibly have killed herself deliberately or accidentally though mixing a cocktail of alcohol and drugs

>Chris Farely was a sad sack who hated his slapstick persona. One of his closest friends (don't remember who) has said that there were many nights when a drunken/high Chris would ask "Am I just fat guy fall down? Is that all I am?" Dude was tortured as fuck and had no fucking idea what he was in for when he stepped on that stage and danced with Patrick Swayze.

It's worse than that, even.

Farley's last night on earth were with a prostitute, who ended up ditching out on him. When she was leaving he said "don't leave me... don't leave me."

Yes, his last words to anyone in the world before dying alone were "don't leave me."

Yes, life only gets better, friend, nothing to see here.

I already knew that. From what I read, she also stole his watch and took some pictures of him before she left. I imagine she thought he was just passed out and would wake up the next day with a headache and be annoyed that his watch was gone.

>don't leave me... don't leave me
Are these facts from a book? I'd be interested in reading it.

Many well-respected biographers agree there's reason for suspicion. If there's one conspiracy theory to actually believe it's that Kennedy/CIA killed Marilyn.

I remember it from a documentary on him.

Terrible, isn't it? I reckon that might be the saddest, loneliest celeb death ever.

And that despicable prostitute. Hope it died of AIDS.

There's something inexplicably and unbelievably hilarious about him wearing a sweater that simply says "college" on it.

We needed him on the street.

Yeah, like he's this primal force-of-nature/testosterone whose sole, blind purpose has been careening headlong towards this platonic ideal of reckless college frat partying

I'm not a weeb or anything but I'd have to go with Bruce Lee. He was just getting into serious directing and I can only imagine the kino shit he would have put out (and acted in) throughout the rest of the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

I imagine she stole his watch to make some money and took the pictures to sell to the tabloids to make even more money.

Heartless worthless whore. I detest prostitutes.

Fuck, man. Seriously hope she spent some of said ill-gained money on dirty heroin syringes and died miserably covered in sores.

Hollywood Babylon describes some pretty sad and / or grisly deaths in old Hollywood, but I can't recall the exact names of the worst ones.

The last thing Layne Staley said to anyone was "Don't leave. Not like this" to Mike Starr when they had an argument in his apartment. Police found his body there a couple of weeks later

Mike also eventually died of an overdose. Live like a junkie, die like a junkie

honestly I don't know how none of my former friends who all descended into junk and/or meth haven't died yet

I myself overdosed and was revived twice.

i overdosed on pills and watched my friend overdose on coke

i stopped doing drugs but theyre still do drugs. turns out you need a shitload of meth to die. it doesnt kill you it just makes you so useless that you dont take care of yourself and decay and maybe die if theres no safety nets left from friends family or government.

>europeans

Yeah, heroin isn't too hard to overdoes on though, if what you buy is much stronger than you realized.

But with meth, the worst that can happen isn't death so much as that it destroys you not only physically but mentally and morally. Eats out any decency you had after a while, you just warp into this demented, scheming creeper. I lived in some pretty heavy meth areas and tweakers are just monsters.

Heroin is a lot stronger right now than it was even 10 years ago. First timers are almost guaranteed to overdose. Scary shit

Maybe it's his name

Yeah. In my case were getting the usual black tar for a while and then got some white (actually a soft, brown sugar brown), and my tolerance was quite high by that point, so I went ahead and did the usual amount, and it just felt like this overwhelming wave - not completely unpleasant - but so powerful - like a really strong waveform strong enough to reck you - that I just immediately felt I had gone over my head and exclaimed OH SHIT and winked out. My vague recollection of being out before my friend revived me was like being submerged in a glowing white pool.

The second time was about identical to this, although I don't even recall the overdose coming on, but just suddenly being woken up 15 or so minutes later.

And this was just whatever you can get in Los Angeles back around 2006/7ish. I heard NY H was much stronger usually, and not only that but that HIV was REALLY high among users there because the H is so soft and nice there that you don't have to heat the spoon for it to dissolve in the water, so those sharing needles and spoons were more likely to contract it since they weren't heating it up.

(sameposter)

man just reading that back brings back the memory of how it all felt and honestly I broke the habit but just thinking about it makes me realize it is kind of still in me. disgusting drug.

It was long before I knew his name, as well. It's his face, if anything.