First Foreign Film

ITT post your first foreign movie.

Rented this one from blockbuster purely because of the cover. Pretty good movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GGKTV0_20s0
youtu.be/FpxL3yaGM-o?t=41
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Got me into French movies and I love French people

Not counting anime it was probably that Japanese movie where a samurai in real life was controlled via a Playstation 2 game

Battleship Potemkin on TCM when I was about 10 or 11.

My mom loves foreign films so I grew up watching them with her. I remember a lot of East Asian films from my childhood but since I couldn't read subs yet I don't remember what happened in them at all lol. Pic related is the first one I remember watching.

*watching and understanding

every movie is foreign if you live in a small country.
post very first movie in the cinema instead, Little Mermaid for me.

same here except it didn't trigger any francophile tendencies for me.

I cant remember the name. it was probably made in the late 70s early 80s. It was about japanese occupied china. The end was a fight with the chinese master and the occupying Japanese general. Its really good been looking for it for years.

youtu.be/GGKTV0_20s0

saw that in a webm before, looks actually pretty interesting, too bad it's probabyl shit tier writing due to being a chink film

rumble in the bronx, if that counts.

>dumb American uses "foreign" as a synonym for non-American on a chinese image board

so it's a comedy? is this like the asian bollywood

I remember it was shown in our literacy class and the "lol tiddies" scene happened when our teacher was out.

why would you be this triggered? foreign means non english speaking movies

I was always amazed that the director forced himself onto Romeo and sucked his dick but never played with those tits.

>foreign means non english speaking
You do realise it only means that in America, right? Chinese don't call Chinese movies foreign

are we speaking english right now?

not that guy but if you are chinese and watch an scottish film, is a foreign film

Australian here, the foreign film section in shops and video stores was for movies in languages other than English.
I think you're just desperate to sound enlightened or start some flagbanter shitflinging.

If a Chinese person speaks English, he calls Chinese movies foreign, is that what you really think?

look at this guy. just look at him

It's just an amerishit thing. It's like using the word football to describe american (((football))). You wouldn't do that with non-americans, you'd just look like an idiot

Yes, what about me? American films are foreign films for me. Doesn't matter if I speak English, they don't stop being foreign.

'Foreign films' is a catch-all term for movies that aren't in English in the Anglosphere. Are you deliberately being obtuse?

I don't what are you implying, doesn't matter what country are you from, If a movie is from any other country than yours, its a foreign movie

They're asshurt that the industry is run by Americans who speak English. Absolutely asshurt

The Titanic

If you meant foreign language
Spirited Away

You do realize you two fags are contradicting each other. A foreign film is a film from a foreign country, including US if you're not in US. Just because US forced that meme on everyone doesn't mean we have to accept it. Fuck off, US.

>industry is run by Americans
Only the capeshit industry. US kino has been dead for a few decades now, it's just foreigners like Refn who keep "US" kinoindustry alive.

Chinese movie where a father and son are "warriors" in like the 40s, they use an umbrella as a weapon and it might get really crazy at the end. I know it's wellknown but can anyone help?

>this whole post
Let me guess, you watched your first foreign film when you were 14

>make a bad film in Scotland
>it's a Scottish film
>make a good film in Scotland
>it's a British film now
>make a great film in Scotland
>it's a US film now, oy vey don't you know everything that's in English isn't foreign
Oh for fucks sake

The Secret in their Eyes. I'm a sucker for a thriller with a big reveal and historical fiction movies. I saw this in one of the smallest theaters you'll ever see in St. Augustine, FL with my gf at the time. We were spending the day there and just looking to kill some time in an air conditioned building. I had visions of making out in my head but holy shit I could barely pay attention to her because this movie was so good.

I don't understand your logic, how do you call a movie made in sweden if you're italian?

reminded me of this
youtu.be/FpxL3yaGM-o?t=41

Sounds like your gay.

how did you know? that was literally the day I realized I wasn't into women X)

Rings a bell, but can't remember the name, does anyone know ?

Suicide Club

Late Thursday nights on SBS had movies with tits

>Just because US forced that meme on everyone doesn't mean we have to accept it. Fuck off, US.

Imagine being this upset about people from another country.

>movie is literally called 'ass'
>actress has no ass
Really fires up the synapses...

Nobody would care about Amerishits if they didn't constantly try to push their shit on everyone around the world. Literally everything that's shit in the world right now is only shit because American "culture" export made it shit.