Terrifying Flash-like being seemingly corrupted and mutated by speed to the point that his suit seems like it's part of...

>terrifying Flash-like being seemingly corrupted and mutated by speed to the point that his suit seems like it's part of him and he's constantly sparking lightning as if he has too much energy
>it's just a normal costume and he can turn the black eyes/voice/lightning on and off at will

I think that was more disappointing than the whole "trusted mentor/father figure was the big bad the whole time AGAIN" thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=huDEi1mZjTI
youtube.com/watch?v=IIbCI-0-e6c
youtube.com/watch?v=jitHazcr-hI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah. Zoom never should have been unmasked.

I agree, I never thought that was a mask until he "unmasked". Should've just been a speed force monster, and him becoming black flash would be just as cool. Also, the season was too long for what I set out to do

his entire storyline was a mistake

Zoom should have never even been human, he should have just been a monster created by the speed force. I don't care if that's not comics accurate - he lost 100% of his intimidation factor once we found out who he was.

Zoom was bad, but the reveal that E3 Henry was the real Jay Garrick and the man in the steel mask was worse IMO.

The man in the mask should have been Hunter's dad. It would have completed Hunter being Barry's evil reflection.

>Hunter and Barry both wake up in the middle of the night as kids
>"Run, Barry! Run!" vs. "STAY BOY!"
>Hunter's Dad murders Hunter's Mom vs Barry's Dad being wrongly accused of killing Barry's Mom
>Hunter is brought to an orphanage and changed his last name when he was adopted by the Zolomons vs Barry never setting foot in an orphanage and refusing to give up the "Allen" surname

And if the man in the mask was Hunter's father...

>Hunter goes back in time and saves his mom by bringing his father to the future vs. Barry going back in time to say goodbye to his dying mother.

Agreed. Season 2 had a lot wrong with if, but there are a million things they fucked up with how Zoom was handled.

If they HAD to unmask him, he should have been an undead Eddie Thawe, reanimated by the Speedforce.

...Hunter's name was always Zolomon

Oh, I had assumed Zolomon was an adopted name because of how he described "E1 Hunter" to Caitlin - "...bounced around from orphanage to orphanage until he was adopted by the Zolomons" and then we se in a later episode how his Dad killed his Mom and he was taken to an orphanage...

Yeah, that was while he was pretending to be Jay Garrick, trying to explain why his name was different

But a lot of what he said about E1 Hunter was true for him and the later episode showing Hunter's actual childhood cut off before we see him get adopted - so it's not that it's concrete that Zolomon was always his last name in the show, just that we don't know for sure either way...

His name was always Zolomon, bro.

I'm thinking that's a no for the show though...

That wasn't actually E1 Hunter. One was the time remnant he stabbed through the chest when they came back from E2. The other was Zoom.

Also yes his name was always Zolomon.

You're thinking wrong.

I've at least presented a case, can you give me something other than "you're wrong"? Sounds like you're just shitposting...

Maybe he doesn't want to spend the next few hours arguing stupid shit with a fuckhead who's already made his mind up?

>Sounds like you're just shitposting...
Proves the point. You've already made up your mind.

Is this show a good way to get into the Rogues? I'm new to Flash in general, but those Colonel Sanders comics got me interested in them.

The Rogues have almost no presence, especially true considering Cold and Heatwave were in LoT for the entire season.

This TBQH senpai.

it pissed me more that they wasted Hunter's name and character in just a speed thief, Hunter was so much more than just another speedster in the comics.

i was so hype for, like the episode, when it seemed like he was gonna do the "Ihaveto maaaakkkkkkkkkkkeeeee you bettttttttteeeeerrrrrrr" stuff only instead of personal grudge so he could steal the most Speed Force from him. Seemed like such a cool way to reuse Zolomon instead of just stealing from Wally again repeating the S1 evil mentor

Don't bother with the show, it's trash. Read Waid's and Johns's runs.

They were better handled in Season 1 (Cold, Weather Wizard and Trickster in particular). They are barley used in Season 2.

I still want muh time based pseudo speedster that can Za Warudo instead of go fast.

So S2 of flash went the way of S3 of Arrow?

The first half was fine. Nothing amazing, but solid. The second half was when everything went off the rails (not in a good way).

Biggest problems were just that they throw a bunch of shit in just to get people excited for the name drops and put zero thought into how it'll actually contribute to a sense of worldbuilding and advance the overarching plot. They throw whatever shit they think will get people excited at the wall and then try to patch in whatever seems to be the most popular, and as a result the whole thing just feels so slipshod and poorly-put together.

Season 1 was much better in that respect. Especially having all the metas in the pipeline serving as future members of Snart's Rogues.

youtube.com/watch?v=huDEi1mZjTI

It really led many to believe that Season 2 would have more focus on the Rogues (maybe not the MAIN focus, but at least pretty prominent). Instead Legends had Cold and Heat Wave move away from the Flash and probably had the writers of Flash shelve their plans for the Rogues. The only follow up we got for the episode was the midseason finale with Weather Wizard, Cold and Trickster:

youtube.com/watch?v=IIbCI-0-e6c

youtube.com/watch?v=jitHazcr-hI

Season 2 was waaay too long. And filled with stupid explanations, out of time clones and entire episodes where characters seem to forget that Caitlin was kidnapped.

It should have been half the length. At some point you just tune in and wonder why the fuck this is so slow.

I think it's due to the lack of Rogues episodes. Season 1 had an appearance from Snart and the Rogues every 6 episodes. Season 2 didn't have much of that because of Legends.

A play on the fantasy trope of "bad things happen when powerful wizards die before their magic does"?

Both were equally disappointing.

they better have some sort of zoloman esque villian who manipulates the timestream and isnt a speedster and make him appear like the turtle appeared to patty- that was exactly how zoloman should be

It's better than S3 and beyond Arrow, but not by much. Basically the whole Jay/Hunter/Zoom thing was several dropped balls and it didn't help that most of the first half of the season went to promoting LoT.

>It's better than S3 and beyond Arrow
No.

That's New52 Thawne.

Technically, he's not exactly an adaptation of Zoom; the finale reveals that he's actually the Black Flash with Zoom's name.

In the comics, Black Flash was a monster created by the Speed Force.

They're probably going to have Earth-1 Hunter as a more accurate Zoom in a later season.

i was talking about the show.

Nope. Got pretty close to it towards the end though.

Or some time shit. Like, he starts human, but he becomes the monster and then goes back. No killing paradox to stop him either, he turns and shit gets fucked up cause of it, no "cure"

The villain for season 3 looks like a gay elf.
There. I said it.

the finale did not reveal he was the black flash, it showed the speed force making him the black flash

Do we know he's the main villain? I thought they said Season 3 wouldn't have a Speedster big bad.

Isn't it kinda funny iZombie, Gotham and Agents of SHIELD all had better season two finales than Flash/Arrow, even DD

Why would that be funny?

Arrow's Deathstroke hype died real real quick once Glau got in thath costume, Flash season 2 sucked balls, Daredevil was a bore besides Punisher/Fisk scenes
and the shows everyone hates or ignores are actually coming through with some great entertainment