What would you have done to make this a better movie?

What would you have done to make this a better movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc
youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*opens screenplay in notepad*
*deletes*

I would have kept the alien off the ship completely.

Made it that they are trying to get through rough terrain and forest to their ship, slowly being picked off by the alien one by one. And the alien adapts, grows bigger slower and slower.

So basically I would rip off predator.

How bout we just start with improving the god awful alien cgi

>this post
In what fucking way would making the CGI look a little better improve the film?

Fassbender on Fassbender

Cut it entirely, never allow Ridley anywhere near Alien again.

Start a new franchise called Earth Hive (it'll get the executives rubbing their hands).

Wayland has an ayy queen and is trying to control and manipulate her by burning her eggs when she doesn't do what they want, etc. They're attempting to militarize the alien.

Of course shit will go wrong and the ayys will get out and be pissed the fuck off. Have some starship troopers-esque compound defenses. Then take Ayys to orbit by having them get on military ships, and complete chaos as the ships start shooting at each other trying to clear the 'infected' ones. Characters have to navigate this shit.

Better than flute playing robots and albino humans

remove the women

They had the interesting setting of a lovely habitable planet where life has been wiped clean from it but then got rid of that to have it skulk around grey corridors in a ship.

Also, fuck CGI. Fuck it to death, the Alien itself looked like complete garbage in this movie.

Would have been fine if they didn't feel the need to show it off. The xenomorphs have never been about being big scary monsters well lit in centre frame.

I'd have dropped the entire Prometheus sub-plot for starters. Also, I'd have made it an actual horror movie... no CGI alien, don't show said alien for very long and actually write a decent story rather than the same old recycled garbage.

The fuck does David even plan to do when they get to the planet, Daniels is going to remember hes david and not walter he should have killed her right after she went into hypersleep

>The fuck does David even plan to do when they get to the planet, Daniels is going to remember hes david and not walter he should have killed her right after she went into hypersleep

He is going to experiment on her to perfect his alien, she will never wake up.

He is not heading to that planet, he is heading to earth. To unleash xeno he'll

Engineers will show up to confront him

I guarantee you we will see that hallway full of frozen colonists being awoken unaware that they all carry the parasites

>Opening scene
>David's ship is approaching the engineer planet
>Some gay monologue about creation
>Fade to a scene where David is escaping from some high-tech engineer commandos in the ship
>Eventually gets cornered
>Tries to reason - Gets torn apart
>The other expedition ship follows David's beacon
>The alium goo payload was accidentally released on the Engineer planet
>There's some surviving Engineers in hiding on the planet, as well as Ayyys
>Cue xeno action, dramatic dying and getting picked off
>Also some very pissed Engineers

maybe not fucking put the whole marketing campaign on the xenomorphs and focus more on David's curiosity, but there's a book coming November that should help bridge the gap btw

Too much Aliens.
I like Davids plot and his path of becoming a creator so that can stay and be fleshed out a little bit more.
But the albino aliens weren't really scary and the hybrid aliens got finished of twice quite easily too.
They really need to make the Aliens a threat again.

Either make a direct sequel to Prometheus and follow that chain of events/story to its conclusion with smarter characters OR make a proper Alien movie.
Not a weird hybrid of both that fails in both aspects and has even stupider characters.
>gee wizz, I hope this alien egg is safe, this cyborg says it is though, so might as well stick my head over it
>what the fuck is happening? There's an alien coming out of my che... oh, wait, it's doing a little dance

due to the marketing and name of this movie everyone expects the xeno to be the villain obv but this is a way different storyline centered on David, really hope they finish off the other 2 despite the box office, the next one alien awakening is just sinister in the name and I believe that ship is headed to where Aliens took place(my theory)

Allow someone else to direct it. Ridley is obviously senile and everybody is ignoring it.

direct sequel is in the book in November, listen to the interviews, studios pushed for the Prometheus stuff to be out of the movie as much as possible

Um, great? The point was how to make THIS movie better.

The chestbuster scene was kino. The music, lighting, and scene composition where all very well done and it was very emotional.

youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc
I agree, pure kino

Don't have the alien's tale clip through the floor

This but unironically.

Alien.Covenant.2017.1080p.HC.HDRip.X264.AC3-EVO.mkv

More of her.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Completely rewrite act three so we don't have to deal with everyone being stupid on the ship

>First part of the movie before they get to the planet stays the same.
>They land of the planet, everything is fine and dandy.
>There is no goo on the surface, no plants that carry the Neomorph.
>Have someone(David) sabotage their landing craft so they can't leave
>David is fucking with the crew as they get to the crashed ship, and sees Walter
>David poses as Walter, knocks the guy unconscious who was taking a smoke and infects him with the Neomorph
>Captain's wife sees the guy unconscious, he starts having seizures tries to take him back to the landing craft
>We have the quarantine at the landing craft, they seal the guy. Neomorph bursts from the back and it breaks the window.
>Captain's Wife and Pilot try to kill the Neomorph with their weapons, meanwhile the rest of the crew is racing back to help them.
>Both of the girls blow themselves up trying to kill it, Neomorph survives and attacks the remaining crew
>David "saves" them and takes them to Necropolis

That's just for the first half of the movie the changes I'd make, I could keep going but meh.

They were all acting like retards from the start.

Than god you're not allowed near Alien either.
Using xenomoprhs as a shitty overdone insect cannon fodder is such a waste and a retarded idea I think you just beat Scott with this one.

>get james franco
>kill him of in the first 10 seconds

This.
If this crew was sent on a trip in a jungle on earth, none would come back alive. Some would have been bit by poisonous snakes or spiders, some would be killed while running in panic after seeing them bit, some would get eaten by baby tigers even though armed with shotguns, and one retard would die by sticking his head into a poisonous plant and sniffing it.

youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA

They should have put blomkamp on the vfx at the very fucking least. At least then MAYBE the creatures would look convincing.

Make crew act professional and not like the less sensible kind of teenagers in a 4.0 imdb rating slasher movie
Make aliums grow at a normal rate, not in minutes. A lot of dread from their life cycle is time ticking and something inevitable coming, not them bursting out after 5 minutes and attacking right away. There's zero suspense in this movie.
Fix all the fucking plotholes from David being the creator of xenomorphs by it not being a thing at all.

made it more about david being creepy and his fucked up experiments. keep the alien off the ship because thats played out now. but still have the alien show up in one way or another.

this movie was damned from the start anyway because promethus fucked everything up by trying and failing to give us a origin story for the xenomorphs. the best thing abut the xenomorphs is the mystery behind them. both films should have focused more on the engineers revealing small things about them bit by bit across the two films creating a sort of mythos/religous aspect about them as they seem pretty godlike.

really these films should just stop being called alien since they are so different from the first film. too much stuff going on at once

I would have come with a pretty good idea for a movie with fleshed out characters, religious commentary and more exploration of Engineer culture.

Then I'd have a meeting with my producers where I'd get bent over and fucked in the ass until I cut all character development for more Alien/Aliens references and a dumb double climax because Aliens did that too.

Pretty much. Those guys wouldn't survive Chicago gangbangers not even mentioning Aliens. And Prometheus was the same.

Replace the final alien with the Shaw/Alien Hybrid created by David. She kills David and then turns on Daniels. Fight scene is rife with sexual imagery and implied lesbian overtones.

Daniels manages to overcome Shaw by stabbing her with the nail she had around her neck - instead of fucking wasting it pointlessly on David - and managing to turn the tables. This scene will be very pivotal as Daniels rejects the sin of homosexuality with a phallic object left to her by her dead husband, this representing her staying true to the memory of her heterosexual relationship.

When I saw how she used the nail I was fucking positive the bitch was going to use the wound left behind to card him as an imposter Walter. They even show Walter's pipe wound close up and have him state that David is too outdated to heal like that. So it's like, you just knew she would see the wound on his neck later and that would give it away.

Instead it's a dumb reference to her stupid cabin on the lake. I don't know if Ridley thought it would be implausible for David not to cover up such a giveaway injury but I still feel like they missed a good beat here.

kek

The entire movie should have been David's story. He deliberately brings the ship to his planet. It would be about him "getting the orchestra together" to join his piano playing from the prologue. He's been tinkering and testing these aliens; they are born faster than xenomorphs, but as a result they are very weak. He needs new human subjects, so he brings this ship to his planet. He just didn't expect an entire colony ship.

He cuts his hair to look like Walter before they ever see him (to avoid that ridiculous hair-cutting scene), he sends them data about the planet that obscures the storm and makes them think the atmosphere and flora/fauna are perfectly clean and identical to Earth. But they still wear helmets and start to doubt this place after the data they were sent about the storm and the flora/fauna proves to be false.

There is no black goo, nothing goes into anybody's ears. David sends weak little neomorphs after them and they kill a few but are surrounded. He saves them, so they need his help. They get to his tower and he immediately tells them he's holding them prisoner and, if they kill him, the aliens will come get them. But it's a bluff, the aliens are all too weak, which Walter realizes. David manages to disarm Oram and force him over the egg, the facehugger gets him, and falls off before the crew find him. They just think he's unconscious so they bring him back to the ship. Walter finds David, they duke it out, David defeats him and cuts off his own hand and tells a still conscious Walter what he's going to do.

Before he leaves, David downloads Walter's memories so he can pass any test the crew gives him. They go back to space. The first xenomorph bursts out of Captain Oram's chest and runs around the station, killing everyone. Daniels defeats it. She tries to fight David off. He overpowers her and forces her into cryosleep. Now he's got control of the colony ship and is headed for the original planet with some alien eggs.

What disappointed me the most was how Scott completely threw the concept of the engineers away, in a half assed genocide flashback.
Second was how almost half of the movie takes place in the Covenant, before they get to the planet with literally nothing happening. If he was trying to make the audience empathize with the crew he did a terrible job. Maybe the crew was too big for us to relate to them? Maybe having a smaller like in the original wouldve worked better.
The only good (new) thing in the movie were the neomorphs and we didnt have nearly enough of that, I would gladly trade the parts on the Covenant and even parts with the full grown xeno/protomorph for more screen time of the survival fight against the neomorphs.

TLDR, the movie had a lot of potential and many routes they couldve chosen, but it felt like they opted for the worst possible choices.

Three things that would've made this a lot better:

>Leave the Engineer genocide and David's history ambiguous. Put some hints in the background, instead of a full blown exposition killing all the mystery surrounding the Engineers
>More suspense scenes with the Alien, 90% of the action scenes should've been slower and geared towards horror rather than schlocky shooting and gore
>Develop the fucking protagonist. I don't care weather or not it's human or android as long as I actually care what's happening to them

have smarter characters

This shit came out of nowhere and was really unsettling.