Kong Skull Island

just watched this flick. What did I think about it Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ethnicelebs.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you thought it was shit

Great Adventure movie. You got hyped for the Legendary Kaijuniverse.

You thought it had moments where it looked gorgeous visually (look at what Larry Fong can do when he's not being ruined by Snyder) but it was ultimately dull and soulless.

a squandering of what could have been a good movie to follow a bunch of characters that do NOTHING and serve no purpose other than being there for the after credits scene to sell us a GvK movie "sometime" later.

Other words a waste of time.

It had some good ideas in it.

You thought you should kill yourself for being a meme-loving faggot.

why were the asian girl and black guy even in it?

it's truly awful

Haha he's called Conrad like the writer of Heart of Darkness Joseph Conrad which Apocalypse Now is based on which this film is heavily inspired by haha

I really enjoyed this movie but I don't know how i feel about my dumb action movies alluding to my deconstructive adventure fiction, also Nostromo and the Secret Agent are better when will hollywoods obsession with HOD end, why do Americans love it so much

you thought Sam Jackson and Jon Goodman easily outperformed Hiddleston and Larson. The latter two are both overrated shit and had no business being the leads.

Last horse finishes the race.

Someone screencap this!

>That poster ripping-off apocalypse now
Is this 'nam kino?

That it was pretty entertaining but dragged down by non characters trying to hog the moral high ground about goddamn animals being animals.

Skullcrushy was a cheap strawman device to distract the audience from the fact that Kong is a vicious beast that kills because of anger management issue. Skullcrushy only killed people for food.

Conrad and the girl were bogus characters with most of the soldiers being nothing but background noise.

Also stupid lens flare is stupid.

And where are the goddamn ants?

mind=blown

I loved it. Had plenty of monster scene where they or the people were getting fucked up, and I could really feel the pokemon and Miyazaki influence in their designs.

>from the fact that Kong is a vicious beast that kills because of anger management issue.
Yeah, when bunch of maggots come to your house, blowing shit up and awakening up balrogs, you definitly must do nothing about it.

Why did the marketing rip off Apocalypse Now so much when pretty much the only similarity is Vietnam? Seems incredibly dishonest

I hope you guys are being facetious.

I like how the asian girl was included for no reason other than to maybe pander to the chink market. She added absolutely nothing to the movie.

>it ain't me

PARTY ROCKINGS IN DA HOUSE TONIGHT

AN has the cooler poster out of all the Vietnam movies and is arguably the most well known and acclaimed.

>no Platoon homage poster of Kong on his knees like Elias

damn shame

Well yeah that's what I mean when I say it's dishonest. They're piggybacking on a much better movie to market their monster flick when there really isn't that much similarity

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>he couldn't find any jews in the Skull Island movie

D+, check again!

It was a nice movie. Got me hyped for the other films in the MonsterVerse.

That Jap canonically gets BLACKED

You were in the Silicon Valley thread too, weren't you.

all the Skull Island cast are white/Christians

ethnicelebs.com

Jew exposure bot strikes again

(We have eyes we can see they're kikes u tard)

What a pathetic faggot he had to reach for a completely unrelated movie,

>got his ass blown out thinking John Krasinski was a Jew

The tone was really off. It felt like it was trying too hard to get the Vietnam vibe, which didn't work because the cameras they were using looked too pristine and there was waaayyy too much CGI

Nice cinematography, great sound design. About as deep as the shallow end of the pool, but entartaining and well made. Liked it.

Diversity. Yay.

I heard the Director is directing the MGS movie so I watched this to see how competent he is. It was a bit shit beyond a decent technical ability a few funny references. He'll do good for the MGS movie because both him and Kojima are very obnoxious with slomo effects.

I thought it was okay. Better than Godzilla that's for sure.

shoulda been about the group fighting through the islands monster and such to the evac zone, fuck kong and skullheads w/e

This movie would've been a lot more better if you removed Loki, Larson, the nig, the chink and budget Shia, and emphasised more on the soldiers.

>This movie would've been a lot more better if you removed all non characters and fleshed out actual characters more

You don't say.

John C Reilly is the only reason to like this movie.

The point is that those are the main characters while others like John Goodman and that one blonde soldier got killed off in awful ways.

I don't think most people even know that apocalypse now is basically a HoD adaptation

Anyone who isn't 14 knows that

Which one was budget shia?

Jackson was also a really good villain in a "did nothing wrong" way, especially when he BTFOd Larson after she talked about muh feels.

Most people my age (21) have never heard of it and if they did it was because they read in in 12th grade AP lit, you underestimate our lack of interest in classic literature

"Bitch please" was the second best line after the one from John c Reilly about the fuckin ants

The scrawny guy who was fixing the boat with the Loki, Larson, Riley, etc

Oh yeah the soldier kid with the bandana, budget shia wasn't a bad description

>calling a movie anything other than a movie

Even some of the soldiers were similar to characters from other Vietnam styled jungle movies
>blonde guy who doesn't give a shit is Animal Mother from FMJ
>short energetic black guy is Alpa Chino from Tropic Thunder
>the silent mexican is Billy from Predator

At this point might as well call him premium Shia

You are on Sup Forums so you must despise it for being American-made Jew-sponsored China-pandering capeshit devoid of any soul, understanding of basic filmmaking, and not catering to Sup Forums's personal whims.

All I could think about was how some shots would make cool Wallpapers.

Don't know honestly. I like heart of darkness as a story but I never understood the praises people give it. Also Apocalypse Now is extremely overrated, don't @ me