Megg Mogg and Owl

So I just read all of MegaHex, culminating in Owl leaving the apartment. I know for a fact there's more (Werewolf Jones and His Awful Children, Amsterdam, etc) but I don't really know what the MMO reading order is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7HkJOcDQWK4
vice.com/series/habits
terribleterribleterrible.tumblr.com/
hownew.ru
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The other book, Megg and Mogg in Amsterdam, takes place during Megahex. As far as I can tell the only story that takes place after Megahex is Xmas 2017.

>what the MMO reading order is

there kind of isn't one, it jumps all over in time so publishing order is good as anything. I think Xmas 2017 is the only constant, it grows ever closer.,,

alrighty, sounds good

i'm late to the game and have just recently gotten into the series. for better or worse i identify a lot with the characters. I've seen the reaction images and single panels all across the internet, but just never knew what it was from.

Is he still updating on Vice? It's been a while since I last checked

Yep. I think he finally got the hang of it. I don't have it saved but Boston Clangers is a masterpiece.

the panel of Mogg screaming NOOOOOOOOO when Owl denies Werewolf Jones' Boston Clanger request makes me laugh everytime I see it

also I'm not sure if I want to marry megg or hate her

Oh sweet

I don't see Sup Forums mention it much these days. MMO threads used to be pretty fun.

>MMO threads used to be pretty fun
rape-scented candle
I loved the old MMO threads, they were pretty chill, someone would storytime the comics and we'd have a nice sometimes sad talk about them.

i assumed we had posted the comics so much everyone was bored and no one makes threads about the vice comics for some reason

hahaha jesus christ

i got fake-raped like Owl, complete with the beating

the only difference was there was a blanket wrapped held against my face so no one heard me screaming

i'm still best friends with the 3 guys that did it, but no one likes to talk about it, and they even admit it went waaaaay too far and question what made them think that would be fun

Not sure when it was announced buy One More Year is the newest book, comes out next year

yikes

MMO does feel pretty real though doesn't it? i wonder how much of the stuff the author went through

I just want Mogg to die, he's the worst out of all of them.

It's a break in continutity there, the author admitted as much. Which means there's one universe where owl is free and another where he's still there, still suffering, at least till the death of Jones, which can't help but make his life better at least.

>one more year

Shit is that referring to Xmas 2017

by the way Megg said "One more year" while pondering her depression and drug usage, I wouldn't be surprised if she attempts to kill herself during the events of Xmas 2017

>not werewolf jones

even though he leads to the most comedy, jones is the moral blackhole slowly draining what little empathy megg and mogg have left

a lot happened to him or his friends. hanselmann has a ROUGH life

Recent interview with Simon by Katie Skelly. Also worth checking out his interviews on Inkstuds. I think one was normal and one was with Brandon Graham. I love Simon.
youtube.com/watch?v=7HkJOcDQWK4

Oh neat. I haven't seen Simon or Fanta mention it. Gotta stay vigilant on amazon to catch these things.

I don't think so.

Nah that's Jones

was jones a junkie from the beginning of the comic or is his IV smack habit relatively new?

also how the fuck does Jones have partial custody of his kids if he's literally homeless

Honestly less jizz than i was expecting

Didn't Jones try to fuck Owl in the ass, or was that some fanfiction bullshit?

it was a mock raping. jones was flaccid, but still had owl's pants off and was smooshing his flaccid dick against his butthole

and then there was that time that Owl put on a blonde wig and let Jones have anal sex with him

I cannot stop laughing

Well they fucked him up first so he'd think he was really raped. Don't remember what it was they gave him though.

yeah and they gave him a mystery joint that made him paranoid, super warm, and gave him a stomacheache

i'm guessing pcp or some other dissasociative

It's worth noting that this was on his birthday. They mock-raped him for his birthday, and then later made fun of him for it.

I'd uh

I'd still pretty much consider that a rape

and it all happened because werewolf jones got the idea and bought megg and mogg pizza and got them high to get them onboard with the plan

Just a heads up, Werewolf Jones dies next year at Christmas. Also what's up with Megg and Booger, like that came out of nowhere.

yeah dude, i'm the guy who earlier in the thread mentioned that the same thing happened to me, including the beating and faux-sodomy

it was weird. i'm not sure if my friend tried to rape me and couldn't get it up, or if he just thought it would be entertaining

>Xmas 2017

best comic

fuck WWJ

holy shit my sides

Some guys just get like, oddly aggressive when they're drunk/high

I saw 3 normal guys get all amped up when they were drunk, began picking on this quiet kid, and ended up beating the living shit out of him

Like, laughing and joking the whole time too, like it was all some big joke

Legally, I think it would be sexual assault.

I'm pretty sure saying "excuse me" to a girl these days qualifies

I can't imagine them with accents but I'm pretty sure they'd have British ones. Just can't wrap my mind's ear around it.

Is there any other supreme superb comic like that out there?

they're Australian aren't they?

I'm not entirely sure. The trains and lack of desert made me think British.

australian as far as I know

I always thought Owl sounded like Frank from China, IL. Specifically that Frank, because Professor Brothers Frank sounded like he had some confidence left.

>MMO getting updates
>pic related is still dead

feels bad, man

Nah they started out loosely based on things Hanselmann's friends did so they'd be in Tasmania.

the author's Tasmanian

Neat.

what is this called?
please

Habits or TerribleTerribleTerrible

Habits
vice.com/series/habits
terribleterribleterrible.tumblr.com/
hownew.ru

Speaking of Vice strips, I'm still surprised Alabaster Pizzo got one. I think she's been working on Mimi 3 since 2013 so seeing her do a weekly schedule with Ralphie and Jeanie is kinda cool. Even if her art is rushed.

Oh shit, I'm not the only one who hears that!

I thought the artist said more was coming in about a month.

Has it really been that long since Mimi 2? Time fucking flies.

She also did the art for that Hellbound Lifestyle book that just came out and I really loved that as well.

I also hear franks voice with owl. it just fits so well.

That's when Wool and Gin came out and I think they came out at the same time. Also Hellbound Lifestyle is the whole reason I donated to that kickstarter, well that and Eleanor Davis, and I still don't have my copy. It looked like an interesting change in style from her Mimi stuff, and I really want to read it.

>I'll try to keep my jizzing to a minimum... a dull roar
I love that line

And just, the expressions as they look at all the jizz, just sort of awestruck.

Tasmania's a bit more temperate than most of mainland australia, it's off the southern coast, and even so, they are sort of in the desert in Megg Mogg n Owl. Everytime they go outside the suburbs and shit it's pretty deserty.

>esRAPE from New York
kek.

Im pretty sure cactus are native to the America deserts

While they're not native, cacti have been introduced to Australia.

>Dr. Katz Professional Rapist

The cars all have the driver's seat on the left, it's not in the UK, Australia, or New Zealand. Based on the climate it probably isn't Canada either, America seems most likely.

Could be a mix of several countries ? Or not one in particular.

Certain cacti are. Certain other cacti are endemic to other places.

Cacti are exclusively native to the Americas. There's literally only one species of Cactus that naturally occurs outside of the americas, and it barely looks like a cactus.

seen this countless times while growin up.. normal, otherwise chill/nice dudes just going beserk and hurting people for shits and giggles. wild stuff

>punk animals in panel 9

Oh damn, never noticed that.

Was the author a former drug addict? I'm uninitiated. Also someone post the Phil Elverum one

I would guess a current drug user.

>drug addict
war on drugskid detected

war on drugs suck my cock

Nah they had ass sex on acid remember?

I hate werewolf jones so fucking much.

>mfw it feels like I'm the only one who doesn't hate Werewolf Jones

I don't hate him, actually, I think he's a bit annoying tho but considering everything Megg and Mogg do, he's not even that bad in comparison.

the only one i hate is owl

why would you hate owl?

I don't hate Owl, but he's definitely the most annoying. His "friends" treat him like absolute shit, and he's too much of a pussy to just stop hanging out with them. He lets them take advantage of him. He's a pussy.

this

Those spaghetti noodles are a type of cactus?

>and then there was that time that Owl put on a blonde wig and let Jones have anal sex with him
which one was that?

he's a pushover and needy
he tries too hard
he's just as much over a loser as the rest of the cast, but he has no backbone

Did you not see drunk Owl in the video store?

Anyone else buy the MMO zines Simon does?

I buy everything I can of Simon's. Drone, Winter Trauma, WWJ & Sons, that one Space Face mini, St. Owl's Bay, and even that zine he did that's just pictures of him and Htmlflowers. Also Life Zone and Worst Behaviour. And The Complete Truth Zone Bootleg that Santoro put out.

I did up on was that herb grinder but at least the comic that was included with that is in the Hypnotic Midday Movie rarities collection he did. So I think I have the bulk of it. At least the bulk of what he's made available online.

I saw an interview with him where he said that actually happened to his friend.

I'm so lonely and friend-less I think I could stomach that experience and laugh about it later.

Does jizz actually attract ants?

Where the fuck do you live?

It smells and contains proteins, depending on what you eat it can smell sweet.

Nice, have all of em except St. Owl's Bay and Drone. Really bummed I missed out on those, but at least Simon's mentioned on his tumblr that he'd have more drone issues in stock.

Would you prefer "individual who consumes potentially-illicit mind-altering substances that are highly suspected to chemically encourage repeated use at the potential detriment to the user"?

I only have Winter Trauma, Hypnotic Midday Movie and Drone. Still fucking kicking myself for being broke when Werewolf Jones and Sons came out.

about 5 months until WWJ dies

It's 2016 my man.

OH shit! A time traveler!