What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Nothing for me. I liked it.

Fact this is the only thing Sean Connery has done since.

No romantic time with the Invisible Man & Hyde.

This. But then, I'm a vampire fan, and the idea of Mina Harker ending up a vampiress superhero in a post-victorian super team makes it a winner for me.

Hahahaha this,those panels always make me lose my shit.

I saw it in theaters expecting the worst thanks to reviews. But it was a roughly Highlander tier 80's style action movie.

It really wasn't that bad, outside of blatant disregard for the source material.

Alan Moore's just a drama queen.

>produced by Rothman led 20th Century Fox
Gee, I wonder.

>liking a bad movie just to spite Moore
Just like when Tom Preston praises Ghostumblrs just to spite real men!

>I'm a vampire fan, and the idea of Mina Harker ending up a vampiress superhero in a post-victorian super team makes it a winner for me.

I'm not really much into Vampires. But dat Peta Wilson.

meh tier

The soundtrack was the only good thing.

It didn't make enough money and Connery immediately said he was retiring from acting, so everybody knew there was no fucking chance of a sequel because nobody else in the cast could front one.

>real men can't watch remakes

And yet you watched all those jump street movies.

I guess it's true, real men are gay for Channing Tatum.

Source material aside:

They spend too much of the time on the sub

The sub changes size depending on the scene

The villain's identity isn't properly set up

Nothing I thought it was a fun movie.

Nothing.
Sometimes movies just don't make money.

It was a good movie.

Made me read the comics.

Just in general, I think the comic has a lot of flawed characters and murky territory and the movie went out of its way to clean that up and make as simple a good vs bad movie as possible. And Tom Sawyer I really think they just put him in for an American audience representative.

It's blatantly unfaithful to the source material, but as a generic action movie with a Victorian aesthetic it's not bad.

I wish there was a book about the making of THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMAN. Sir Sean and the Steve Norrington haven't worked since and supposedly every day on set was a disaster! Here's another bit of behind the scenes info

>@AlexBrown66: "Were the bust-ups between Sean Connery and the director Stephen Norrington as bad as they've been made out to be?"

>JASON FLEMYNG: They were worse. They were worse. You know that feeling when someone in your class is getting told off, and your toes curl in your black Clarks shoes? That’s how it was every day. My favourite bust-up was on the set of Venice. The League had to walk from Captain Nemo’s boat, the Nautilus, down the street, Magnificent Seven-style. At the end of the take, Sean shouted out to Norrington, “What? You want us to do that again?” Norrington replied, “For $18 million, I don’t think it’s too much to ask you to walk down a road.” To which Connery’s reply is unprintable.

Man I want an r-rated remake of this. Keep it real close to the comics this time, hit me in the face with that shit.

I liked Rodney Skinner.
I've always been unnaturally obsessed with cockney accents since watching My Fair Lady

I liked it, I watched Peny Dreadful because I was told they were similar but it was just an excuse to make all of the characters fuck and kill each other.
>not my league of best friends

It was silly, but not entertaining.

I would gobble on chatums balls all night.

No homo