Will DC ever stop creating more unnecessary batfamily characters?

Will DC ever stop creating more unnecessary batfamily characters?

They didn't even bother making Harper into an interesting character and now there's ANOTHER ONE.

As soon as they stop liking money.

no

To be honest, the WE ARE ROBIN concept was a lot better than just turning Duke into Not-Robin.

I like the idea of an army of Robins working in the city despite Batman and the police opinion of it. You could even have Damian leading them.

Motorcycle leathers aren't acceptable as a non-amateur costume.

Yellow? Way to make him a brighter target than Robin's.

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but it's pratical...

Nothing but batman sells, so no

Not to mention that an army of Robins can give us a lot of waifus.

>Dick - The Accident
>Babs - The Betrayal
>Jason - The Failure
>Damien - The Successor

Its that simple. Anyone else needs to GET THE FUCK OUT. And if you want some diversity than raceswap one of them or heres a fucking thought actually draw Damien as Middle Eastern/Asian you hypocrite cunts.

who is this? I dig the costume though. dem small yellow ears.

damianfag pls go

Damian's the bastard that Batman never ask and who's a constant source of problem. Damian has more of a chance to be the next Demon Head than the next Batman.

Grant Morrison stories detailing the future where Damian was Batman showed that if Damian becomes Batman the world is doomed.

>Robin Corps

I mean, if Batbooks are the only thing up DC's sleeve, then they might as well go balls deep.

>>Dick - The Accident
>>Babs - The Betrayal
lmao wut

Didnt plan to get Dick. He betrayed Jim's trust.

Bruce didn't plan to get Damian either. He didn't even actually like the idea of Damian as a partner or anything like it. That was Dick decision.

Every Batfamily character is unnecessary.

It's not DC retard. It's egotistical writer's that feel like they need to put their stamp on the mythos. Sadly Snyder was the worst anyone has been about it in a long time and decided not to use most of the established Batfam and make all of his OCs.

Snyder's run on Batman = Whedon's run on Xmen. Decent in it's own right with medicore dialogue but if you look at all at everything the previous writer worked so hard to set up that the run undid it's a travesty.

When they remember that the roles that the new characters are trying to fill have already done so by pre-existing characters.

>becomes a sidekick to a superhero who is known for using stealth and ambush tactics
>he gives you a bright yellow outfit
thanks bruce

>It's not DC retard. It's egotistical writer's that feel like they need to put their stamp on the mythos.

You mean like Grant Morrison tried to do with Damian Wayne?

>Sadly Snyder was the worst anyone has been about it in a long time and decided not to use most of the established Batfam and make all of his OCs.

You mean like Grant Morrison deciding to not use Tim and Cass or anyone else while pushing for Damian?

It's funny seeing Damianfags complaining about the same things that Timfags used to complain.

but making Duke and Harper is easier than trying to coordinate with Lobdell for Tim/Jason use.

also imagine how worse Snyder's run would've been if he had to acknowledge what half the other writers were doing.

I haven't been following the books. Who is the new not-Robin?

Hell, what's the status of the BatFam at this point? Last I saw:
Dick - Nightwing
Jason - Red Hood
Tim - Red Robin
Damien - Robin
Cass - MIA
Babs - Batgirl
Kate - Batwoman
Steph - MIA

I agree with you.

The same shit when Grant Morrison was writing his stories in Batman while people kept complaining about him not using the established characters, despite there being Nightwing, Robin and so on being published at the same time.

Fact is that characterfags, especially Robinfags, will always complain about writers not using the Robins and Batgirls all the time in their stories, and if they introduce new characters? Oh, boy...

Cass is called Orphan now I believe.
and Steph is back as Spoiler.

both are starring in Detective Comics with Tim, Kate, and Clayface.

What happened to Cassandra?

As long as Batman and Dick continue to sell, no, never.

Except y'know Morrison introducing Damian was organic and took years, Snyder threw Harper at everyone right out of the gate.

Steph and Cass are back, currently with Tim and Kate in 'Tec; their backstories are created in Batman Eternal (it's alright) and Batman and Robin Eternal (it's shit)
not-Robin is Duke, a protagonist of We Are Robin, first shown iirc in Zero Year

What about Tim?

>took years

It took one issue.

It's Duke's

He already has a racial bonus to Sneaking at night.

>Except y'know Morrison introducing Damian was organic and took years

No, it wasn't organic at all and characterfags hated Damian initially. Really, REALLY HATE IT him.

Damian in his first arc showed up killing a C-lister and beating Tim to a pulp while saying that he'd take the role of Batman's partner. Then in the next big cross-over after Bruce disappearance he showed up again helping the Batfamily and right after it he was starring in new ongoing as the defacto Robin which drove the Timfags mad as hell, specially because the whole thing shat on Tim.

Damian introduction was waaay worse than Harper Row or Duke Thomas, because while the latter two might be annoying, they're not taking the established characters mantles nor beating the crap of them to show how superior they're.

Who cares when they can just reboot?

I'd wipe Damien, post-revival Jason, Stephanie, and Cass in a goddamn heartbeat, and strip the JP Valley arc from ever happening, personally.

Nightwing in Bludhaven, Bruce in Gotham, Tim as his backup. There.

Nope. Any writer that wants to leave their mark is going to give us their original character do not steal Batfam member. Just like with the X-Men. Along with Green Lantern, it's the easiest way to get your legacy into the DCU. More Aquamins or Kryptonians would raise too many eyebrows, but another urchin being taken in by Bruce? Seems normal enough.

>Timfags

every time

kek I'm not even gonna break down how wrong you are retard cause youve clearly never read the run.

That's cause Morrison was going to end the argument, Damian was suppose to be the be all end all. He killed the child endangerment argument and gave Batman closure on his parents. Snyder shouldnt have back pedaled cause he wanted to make OCs.

She's back, and she has an interest in ballet.
Read Detective, it's Tim, Cass, and Steph being trained by Batwoman. Also Clayface is there with a chance for redemption.

But that's the entire point of the outfit

Sure, just as soon as Batman stops being profitable.

You can't be cruel enough to suggest that King have to use Harper.

>Tim fag
He at least makes organic sense to be in the canon. Big Dick has moved on, Jason died, and Tim managed to impress Bruce enough to give him a chance. The entire canon from then on can be Tim in his first 3 years or some shit.

>I don't read comics

>That's cause Morrison was going to end the argument, Damian was suppose to be the be all end all.

That's presumptions and pretentious as hell. Any fan of the past Robins would take resentment towards that.

And you think that by saying that make Damian alright? No, it doesn't. How dare Grant Morrison put a lid on Robins? Or even talk smack about Batman taking young kids as Robins?

>He killed the child endangerment argument and gave Batman closure on his parents.

No, he didn't. At all. Damian is still a child and is still being endangered, not matter how many bullshit abilities he might have, and Bruce still hadn't a close on his parents.

Damian Wayne's a fucking bastard. He's a kid that Bruce didn't got to know and Damian's an edgy cunt who has blood on his hands and will one day doom Gotham. He sold his soul to the devil.

LEL, just trolling, but really. Damian is nothing but Jason Todd 2.0 and Azrael 2.0.

>You mean like Grant Morrison deciding to not use Tim and Cass or anyone else while pushing for Damian?
Tim was used though, if anything Morrison continued to push that Tim was Bruce's perfect partner and Damian and Bruce were a bad team. Cass was used in Inc.

You know it's more than just motorcycle leathers if Batman is supplying it to you.

And I agree, definitely more practical... especially if it's equipped with the new body-type airbag for riders. It means neck protection.

Not enough for the Timfags at the time, though.

You're ignoring that Duke was introduced earlier, and that Harper had all of B&RE to get development.

Also that she's shit.

It's funny because Tim literally had an entire arc dedicated to how he was a better Detective than Bruce and that he was right and Damian was wrong

>That's cause Morrison was going to end the argument,
>Damian was suppose to be the be all end all.
The end of the issue of succession? How can he be the successor when Morrison planned to kill him from the start, even if he lived longer than the original plan?

They basically made him a dime-store version of Night Thrasher

That's okay then, because i guess that Duke Thomas is supposed to be the be all end all as well. I mean, he met and helped Batman when Batman was just beginning and his parents were almost killed by a reformed Joe Chill mirroring Batman's life.

Duke isn't also a small kid, but a grown up teenager with street smarts that don't really Batman help all that much so there's also no child endangerment.

So you see, Damianfag, you should accept Duke for the same reasons that you do Damian. Duke is more of a be all and all than Damian since he has a lot more in common with Batman.

Just so you know, i'm trying to piss you off.

>will DC ever stop milking one of the 2.5 characters that have kept them afloat all these years
Would you?

Batman/the Bat-Family is far and away the biggest moneymaker in DC's arsenal. Nothing even comes remotely close.

So no they never will.

>He killed the child endangerment argument
I haven't read many comics so correct me if I'm wrong here: Didn't Damian fucking die?

He continues the Wayne bloodline retard. He gave Bruce closure on his parents legacy.

I bet you are dumb enough to think an adopted kid is just as important as someone's blood child.

That's the point. That's why the Robins wear bright red and gold and green, too. They distract while Batman gets in a good position to ambush.

>He continues the Wayne bloodline retard.

I didn't know that you had to have Bruce's blood to be Batman, Robin, Batgirl and so on. Since when blood relation became so important?

>He gave Bruce closure on his parents legacy.

You mean the same Bruce that never wanted to marry or have kids because his mission was so important? The same guy that said countless times that he'd give up on the Wayne legacy in a heart beat if that meant he could continue as Batman from the shadows? That same guy? The dude that goes on and on about his parents dying?

>I bet you are dumb enough to think an adopted kid is just as important as someone's blood child.

That's probably why Dick continue to show up in Batman comics while Damian don't. Checkmate, atheist.

>I bet you are dumb enough to think an adopted kid is just as important as someone's blood child.

Damianfag pls

Damian Wayne is the most fanfic character in the Bat-Family.

He's the child of Batman and Talia al Ghul. See how Damianfags are always going on and on about him having Wayne blood?
He's a super-ninja, a super-scientist, a super-economist, a super-tactician and all of that at the age of 10-13.
He's a smug cunt who thinks he's superior or everyone and he has a cool katana.
He used to beat and kill everyone, because fuck dumb morals.
He's better than all the previous Robins and in fact beat them all up to prove himself as the better Robin.
He became Batman in the future where he'd kill people and was super edgy, what with selling his soul to Devil and living in futuristic hell-hole.
He's constantly being paired up with older established female characters who end up liking him despite him being a cunt.

No wonder most of his fans are young kids and females.

Who is Gotham? How the hell did he and his sidekick pop up suddenly? Are they part of the Batfamily?

She's called Orphan now. She's in the newbie squad in TEC, but now is not the time for badasses so she and Batman got taken out.

Gotham and Gotham Girl are apparently random flying bricks who showed up on the scene and Bruce is sort of mentoring them/calling them scrubs.

That's literally a step down from Batman Inc. and arguably just one of the elements from Batman Strikes Again.

>People actually think Damien is going to succeed bruce.

Damienfags need to actually go extinct.

It hasn't been explained yet because it's only two fucking issues in.

It helped that everyone just thought Damian was a cheeky brat since he was so over the top.

It doesn't matter who is going to succeed Bruce when the comics don't want to end. Bruce will always be Batman except for when DC feels like mixing it up and have Bruce die or retire for an arc or two.

I think I would have cut that little bastard's safety tether....

Thanks I'll read it.

Bat side kicks are ok in my book, there's worst ways to milk the cash cow than coming up with new stories and new characters.

Damian didn't come out of nowhere, for anyone following Talia that was exactly the kind of shit we were expecting from her, it was almost canon even before Morrison introduced the character.

Damian it's perfect to get killed and then make a comeback or to turn evil or good at the nick of time.

He makes more sense storywise than most of the batfamily, Tim introduction was ten times lamer, go ahead and read it.

Tim got good on young justice and the teen titans.

>>Dick - The Accident
>>Babs - The Betrayal

Sup Forums crossposter poster I'm assuming

That is pretty much the whole point of Inc's ending.

I preferred "Batman and Robin will never die," but Grant wanted as close to closure as he could get with the medium and setting he was working in.

>it was almost canon even before Morrison introduced the character.
Ibn somethingsomething from Kingdom Come.
He was part of Luthor's council of other villians, and was getting close to Dick and Starfire's daughter in the aftermath.

Ibn was an interesting and low-key character who was suave and charming. Damian isn't Ibn at all. I hate when Damianfags compare the two.

The ones that everyone likes will stay around and the ones that nobody likes will eventually get swept under a rug or get demoted to Z-list cameos. It's no big deal.

The yellow ranger is joining batman?

>Damian isn't Ibn at all.
They're two derivatives of the same idea. The son of Bruce by Talia raised to be the heir of Ra's Al Ghul.

While not entirely wrong, that's like saying any child of Superman by Lois Lane is not the same and shouldn't be compared.
Like Adam Kent from Created Equal shouldn't be compared to Jon.

Same idea, different result, and they're going to be compared.

>unnecessary
I see you don't understand how DC's business model works kid.

>You know it's more than just motorcycle leathers if Batman is supplying it to you.
I know that, but isn't inspiring fear in your enemies one of Batman's most relied-upon tactics? Who's going to be scared of someone who looks like they ride crotch rockets all around Gotham?

It's funny because it's true.
And it hurts for the same reason.

Muscular people in leotards don't scare you unless they are a back-alley rape gang.

It's just that the actual characters are nothing alike.

"Oh wait, they have leotards AND pointy ears!! FUCKING SCARY MANG!"

Kick-ass is a batfam member now?

Batman doesn't wear a leotard.

I'm sorry, PAJAMAS.
geez

Batman doesn't wear pajamas.

>cass being trained by batwoman
lol what could she learn from batowman? how to eat pussy?

Long Johns?

It would sell comics.

Teamwork, I suppose.
That part might come later.

Batman doesn't wear Long Johns either.

Will Marvel ever stop creating spider family characters?

the answer is probably not.

buckle up buckaroo

You aren't trying to tell me that he just sprays grey paint over his muscles, are you?

TEAAAAMWORK.

Batman doesn't wear spray paint.

No Tim. I like what you're saying but how the hell does Tim not make the cut?

To be fair she took out four of them, then used one as a shield to make a dramatic entrance before getting shot to shit with tranquilizers.