Who /atheist/ here?

Who /atheist/ here?

How does it feel to be part of an elite group of skeptics? We're ahead of our times, holding beliefs (or lack thereof) that have not reached mainstream society.

I literally don't care about religion. Just keep it separate from worldly affairs and we're good.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah it feels good man.

>How does it feel to be part of an elite group of skeptics
>part of an elite group

We're totally not a religion, guise!

>77
>77
what up atheists
kek says hello

wtf I hate atheism now

Plot twist: in France the atheist are the majority.
not for long, I know, soon the muslilm will be.
But what i meant is not that you are ahead of your time at all, even pretty late for a "first world country"

>We're ahead of our times, holding beliefs (or lack thereof) that have not reached mainstream society.
Some would say, 'progressive'.

You believe in equality, don't you, fellow skeptic?

I only believe in Madoka

Of course.
Naturally I believe that all straight white men were created equal.

>I literally don't care about religion. Just keep it separate from worldly affairs and we're good.

Feels a need to post about it anyway acting smug

Yeah no, you're just as bad as a missionairy.

Nope, noachide.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah

Why ? Got best of all worlds.

>Dont need to go to church or mosque, do wierd rituals.
>Religion isnt to hard like judiasm.
>Still go to heaven.

>all groups are religions

Hello back fellow god.
A face of Shiva say hi.

Atheists aren't religious by default, but most of them are.

>not being an agnostic and flinging shit at both sides

M8epot8e. The majority of my country are atheists. Here, it IS mainstream.

>agnostic
What does that mean to you, by the way?
Do you think that there's potentially evidence which exists on earth today that could cause you to believe in the resurrection of Christ?
Do you think that there's potentially evidence which could exist in the future that could cause you to believe in the resurrection of Christ?

I feel like simply 'agnostic' as a label deserves to exist, but I'm wondering where self-proclaimed 'agnostics' have their standards for justifying belief set to.

Stupid fedorafag bait. Don't forget to sage.

>Do you think that there's potentially evidence which exists on earth today that could cause you to believe in the resurrection of Christ?
>Do you think that there's potentially evidence which could exist in the future that could cause you to believe in the resurrection of Christ?

I thought the point of being agnostic is to not care about those questions.

Nah, not caring has its own label altogether. I think they're referred to as 'apatheists'.

Put simply, an agnostic can still care about the question.

I identify as an agnostic atheist let me explain how i see it.

To me agnosticism is the concept that the existence of gods/supernatural, cannot be proven, yet they also cannot be disproved. To say that you believe they they absolutely cannot exist is a bit arrogant and unrealistic considering the shallowness of human knowledge and senses.

However as an agnostic atheist, I hold the believe that while it cannot be out ruled I believe that it is highly unlikely that the god of any modern religion exist due to the extreme degree of contradictions between written word and reality, and the lack of proof.

Most non agnostic atheist reached atheism less so from a philosophical stand point and more so as a result of an anti religious rebellious phase, which is why so many fedora neckbeards these days are filthy fucking statist liberals who replace the god of their childhood with the state.

I don't see any evidence that could prove or disprove the existence of a god, i'm pretty much a permanent fence sitter when it comes to that.

>A group with dogmatic rules and a limited amount of acceptable ideas that you zealously defend from outside criticism

Sounds like the definition of a religion to me. For a group that doesn't believe in God, you sure like to talk about Him all hours of the day.

A 'gnostic agnostic' if such a thing could be imagined to exist, then.

>To say that you believe they they absolutely cannot exist is a bit arrogant and unrealistic considering the shallowness of human knowledge and senses.
Certainly.

>Most non agnostic atheist reached atheism less so from a philosophical stand point and more so as a result of an anti religious rebellious phase, which is why so many fedora neckbeards these days are filthy fucking statist liberals who replace the god of their childhood with the state.
I find it ironic that those people who became atheists for the sake of emotionally lashing out at 'the system' are ironically the easiest for the state to manipulate. I rarely get to mention it though, because it's more polite to assume that they're relatively sane people such as yourself who care enough to have put some thought into it.

I think it's an interesting thought experiment to try to imagine the sort of evidence that would actually be able to convince you that God very much does exist. How overwhelming or insane would it have to theoretically be?

This will totally not turn into a dumping place of a hat meme from 2013.

Very interesting, if I were to experience something truly supernatural/godly I would probably deny it and think I was going insane, but if I were able to collaborate the experience with multiple people, and if it were to be documented or happen multiple times perhaps it could convince me.

Yet even then I would be doubtful if it was truly an "act of god", because there are many things in the past that attributed to gods that ended up only being natural occurrences and I'm sure there are still natural occurrences in the universe we have yet to experience which will seem magical to us that we have yet to discover

Just something for you to ponder over. I've had discussions with atheists before who were very big on being agnostic and open to evidence, but later on would go so far as to claim that they'd staunchly believe that they themselves were an unreliable witness even if some sort of 'God-proving event' were to unfold for their own personal benefit.

>I'm sure there are still natural occurrences in the universe we have yet to experience which will seem magical to us that we have yet to discover
With some of the tomfoolery researchers have managed to cause in ultra-low temperature environments, there's certainly a lot of potential out there for the creation of what appears to be supernatural phenomena.

>HEY HEY LOOK AT ME, I'M AN ATHEIST, AND RELIGION IS FUCKING SHAMEFUL
>Now keep your religious out of my face, you fucking bigots.
Modern atheism in a nutshell. Well meme'd, OP.

Atheists about the most obnoxious and insufferable zealots on the Internet.

>I literally don't care about religion. Just keep it separate from worldly affairs and we're good.

this. no one cares you what bogus people do in private

but, if you have certain beliefs as a private person you're also likely to support them poltically. so completly splitting worldy and religious beliefs up seems a bit artificial

don't promote atheism. the masses need Christianity to avoid degeneracy.

are you a fence-sitter on other matters not subject to proof (i.e., absolutely everything outside mathematics and logic), or only matters of infinite importance?

it's possible to disprove the EXISTENCE of God logically*, but God has a reality that is beyond the duality of existence and non-existence. However, he did exist for us physically and temporally in Christ.

* A condition for existence is finiteness (form). If God exists, He is a distinct thing and less than the totality of all there is. Such a God is no more than a powerful ayylmao, like the god of Mormonism, and is philosophically insignificant. He would be as limited and subject to causality as we are. Only the infinite God that transcends existence (and who could create something from "nothing") is relevant.

>holding beliefs (or lack thereof) that have not reached mainstream society.
Maybe in your country, Atheism's pretty mainstream in a lot of other western countries (former communist ones too). You guys are the exception.

>this is your brain on atheism

Atheism, not even once

while I agree the masses need christianity, I think it's certainly fine to discuss it on here, we're all big boys here mr leaf.

What in the fuck has that statement even got to do with being a religion or not?

Feels bad man.

Having lost family members to cancer, drug addiction and pointless wars in the middle east.

Knowing the light of their life has been extinguished forever, and that they are never coming back, ever, thats just it, over. Eternal punishment of non-existence is the most un-just thing in the universe.

I think all of humanity would be better if just wiped out. I don't believe that beings should be allowed to reach a level of sentients were they are capable of understanding that they are nothing more than a complex chemical explosion that is slowly burning out.

I also hate it because there are silent atheist like me, and smug brat atheist like OP. The smug ones who have never known true loss makes humanity look more twisted and disgusting, more deserving of extinction.

I wish there was a God to come rescue me, a messiah, but all I feel is darkness, going on forever.

You're joking, right? He hasn't become THAT much of a parody, right?

>Not believing in fairy tales makes you want dick
Genius.

>Amazing Atheist

There's your problem.

>Eternal punishment of non-existence is the most un-just thing in the universe.
>I think all of humanity would be better if just wiped out.
I'm going to go with 'internal conflict' instead of 'dopey self-contradiction' on this one.

>using atheism as an identity

You are exactly why people don't like us you mongoloid faggot

>dogmatic rules
There's exactly one rule (don't believe in god) and you're not really going to get punished for it if you break it, there's no atheist hell to get sent to.

>and a limited amount of acceptable ideas
There's literally one idea that isn't an acceptable idea amongst atheists, literally one. And it's only unacceptable because if you accept the idea that god exists how are you a fucking atheist?

>that you zealously defend from outside criticism
How dare people defend themselves from criticism, they should just lie down and take it like the good christians such as you do, religious people never get irate about people criticizing their beliefs.

>to believe in a higher power you need a Bible and jewish fairy tales
>denying that being a materialistic fedora cuck makes you a degenerate burden on society inclined to accept stuff like islam and communism

ebin

>There's literally one idea that isn't an acceptable idea amongst atheists, literally one.
You aren't seeing the forest for the trees. See: Atheists aren't religious because of their atheism, but that doesn't mean that most atheists don't cling religiously to whatever moral ideas they're fed.

Atheist here. Why so smug senpai

I seriously don't get it. It's not something to announce or be proud of. It's just a belief.

>have not reached mainstream society.

And they never will. The great masses are too stupid. Even the Elites are too self-interested and incurious to care.

They need something for that, but it sure would be nice if we could replace the kikeshit.

>Be a dago
>Have the nerve to call others drains
>Ignore countries like the Czech Republic and Hungary that are majority non religious yet hate communism and Islam

Fucking wops, when will they learn?

I'd never argue that a lot of atheists just cling onto some other ideology in a quasi-religious way, I see it all the time it's just ridiculous. We've got a god-shaped hole in our brains and we need to fill it with something, anything. A lot of atheists today opt for the scientific method, logic etc. while those in the past more commonly worshipped marxism. None of this however makes atheism a religion, it just fucking isn't okay? It's not perfect, it's not the saviour of all humanity or some shit and being an atheist doesn't make you a better person but it's not a fucking religion either, how can these people not get it through their thick fucking skulls? Why are they even so obsessed over this exact point? I see it all the god damn time.

>Doesn't realize religion is the glue that holds civilization apart

>Or that societies can't ensure their genetic success

OP you do realize Mudslimes and Mexicants who are outbreeding us do so because of religion? Your backwards atheism is gonna get everyone killed. Maybe you want to die, but dont drag us with you.

>And they never will
They have in all of Europe, Aus, and NZ.

It won't happen in America though: you'll transition straight into believing in equality. Most of you already do. Why do you think feminist and BLM institutions actually get funding?

Heck, they already have their own vague religious hierarchies.

*societies without religion

*argue against the idea that a lot of atheists

Really the fact that so many atheists turn other beliefs into religions just kind of shows how much of a non-religion atheism is, if atheism really was a religion they wouldn't have to do that would they? There wouldn't be that gap they'd desperately need to fill.

Praise be to him

> elite

Ebin thread OP.

Who /agnostic/ here?

>unfounded belief based on feelings

yeah atheism totally isn't a religion

>religion
>noun
>a particular system of faith founded on belief

CZ and Hungary are post soviet shitholes that are glorified here because of memes.
Islam and degeneracy are intermediate steps before people accept forms of oppressive statism as a replacement for "God", whatever that means for you.

Now fuck off and come back when your country is no longer a 62% shithole with a black muslim president with a white mother and a black father, lmao

You could argue theyve just replaced one Abrahamic Utopianism with another. I agree with the annoying Believers who argue 'atheism is a religion' insofar as most Atheism is Marxism, which is another Jewish unicorn, like Christianity.

Could you explain to me in the simplest terms possible why it is you care so much about whether or not atheism is a religion? Seriously, some religions are shit, some aren't, how does proving atheism is a religion achieve anything for anyone?

good goy

>how can these people not get it through their thick fucking skulls?
Because you aren't noticing that I've already made it clear that I don't consider atheism a religion.

>while those in the past more commonly worshipped marxism
>in the past
People who staunchly believe in equality are more prevalent than ever in our country, and not only that, but they're publishing articles in our major papers and even receiving tenure at our major universities. It's here today in our country and it's a very real phenomenon. If you're going to spend energy attacking a religion, make it equalism, not Christianity.

>You could argue theyve just replaced one Abrahamic Utopianism with another.
Sure, but at least Christianity has anti-Talmudist writing in its history, whereas equality is something being pushed hard by Talmudists specifically to replace Christianity.

>why it is you care so much
Where ya getting that from Damo, my one post?

>how does proving atheism is a religion achieve anything for anyone

>hurrr atheist masterrace
>reliugions is 4 dums
>ur dum if u just belief something with no proof
>haha goddamn sheep

It's achieves a simple yet elegant goal, proving these threads are retarded.

Literally the cringiest fedora thread I've ever seen
Literally no one cares if you're atheist, talking about it just makes you look like an edgy faggot
T. Atheist

Tip top tippin'

>Because you aren't noticing that I've already made it clear that I don't consider atheism a religion.
Notice how I said their in my post, not yours? Read closer next time.

>People who staunchly believe in equality are more prevalent than ever in our country, and not only that, but they're publishing articles in our major papers and even receiving tenure at our major universities. It's here today in our country and it's a very real phenomenon. If you're going to spend energy attacking a religion, make it equalism, not Christianity.
Yeah soz I still find it hard to believe so many people still believe that shit in this day and age, it's just in my experience you see a lot more of the sciene-worshipping atheists then the marxists nutjobs. There's even a lot of right wing atheists out there who talk shit about marxism constantly, the exact opposite of what you're describing.

So the answer is juvenile oneupmanship in arguments on the interwebs, gotcha.

>It's achieves a simple yet elegant goal, proving these threads are retarded.
I think you're post did a good enough job of that.

>So the answer is juvenile oneupmanship in arguments on the interwebs, gotcha.

My original statement is objectively true, it's not an argument.

>My original statement is objectively true, it's not an argument.
But it isn't, it's just fucking retarded. Atheism is the denial of a single class of belief, it's the lack of something which is a common feature of systems of faith it isn't a system of faith in itself. How can you not get that through your thick fucking skull? If I don't think public healthcare is a good idea is that it's own distinct political ideology? If I don't think games should allow you to save at any time is that it's own school of game design? You're being fucking ridiculous.

>it's not an argument.
Well at least we can agree on one thing.

There is nothing worse than not existing.

I know you smug fucks like to try to analogize it to going into a dreamless sleep. It's not.

It's missing everything all your friends and family did for the rest of their lives.

Missing every new movie, tv, show, book, historic event ect.. on into eternity, forever. Dead forever.

It's missing everything that you could of done with the rest of your life.

Then, once everyone who has ever remembered you has died, its like you may as well of never existed to begin with.

Human existence is pointless, being a sentient creature aware of its own mortality is a cruel joke.

It is infinitely worse than the cutsiepie hell that Abrahamics and Hindus like the imagine.

>I still find it hard to believe so many people still believe that shit in this day and age
All of our universities have very well-attended 'Gender Studies courses', and our youth are increasingly forced to polarise their views towards those groups (a.k.a. globalist labor and greens) or some neoconservative right wing who increasingly don't seem to give a fuck about traditional values anyway.

Our country is being subverted into one similar to Europe. The re-election of a few One Nation members into the senate is the net reaction to these changes.

>There's even a lot of right wing atheists out there who talk shit about marxism constantly
Hopefully you're right and that's a trend that continues, but it's yet to be reflected in the vote.

>It's a Joke about nothing

>Atheism is the denial of a single class of belief
What are you even trying to say? That atheists are able to believe in more than one religion? That's the least retarded interpretation I can come up with for your assertion.

My statement is objectively correct.

A religion is a belief system.
Atheism is a system based solely on belief (and feelings as you're amply demonstrating)
Atheism is a religion.

Sorry m8 but I'm not the one who can help you out of that existential depression you have going on. The onus is on you for that one. If you're looking for something worth recreating meaning and living for, you likely won't find it on the chans.

They're not, people are. I know hundreds of them, and only the young bother converting you retards anymore.

"you retards"
>implying

Atheist are meme tier. The Atheist legacy is the Islamafication of Europe and failed Communism.

The would would be better where we still kill them on general principle.

Basically 99.9% of atheists.

FEDORA

FEDORA

That is one hot, rare, Pepet.

Priests haven't gave me enough evidence nor convinced me that there is beyond reasonable doubts that God exists. I still celebrate Christmas as a part of "tradition".

>Atheists
>skeptics

Nah

Religions are typically about worshiping something/someone in one way or another.

Atheism is just thinking that there isn't a god. Atheists don't worship their belief that there is no god. They just accept that there isn't one and go on with their lives.

>They just accept that there isn't one and go on with their lives.

proof you are incorrect

That, my friend, is someone looking to get (you)s

You actually think non-autistic people would say something like that in real life?
Id call a Christian doing the same thing an autist as well.

You're probably right m8, I just come into these threads to troll so I have to admit I didn't even read the OP past the first line.

I used to be an atheist, but nature is too beautiful. There may not be a God, but there is some uniting force on earth.
t. Hippie

In breaking news, OP is a dickhead