Convince a non believer that there's something after we die

Sup Sup Forums I've having some seriously crippling anxiety recently regarding death and what happens after.

I've had OCD for years and it goes away when I'm busy, but over this long summer break I've been bored out of my mind until one day I had a panic attack for no reason. Since then I've been thinking non-stop about where we go when we die and it's really screwing me about

>inb4 /r9k/
>inb4 /his/
>inb4 Sup Forums

You fuckers red pilled me and the redpilled life and all the media bullshit coverups contributed one way or another.

Tl;dr You broke me, Sup Forums. Now fix me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When you die, your brain looses the sense of time, so the last moment your brain lives will live on for ever in your head

maybe in your brain you will live your life again, and again forever

Don't worry, OP. If there really was nothing after you die there wouldn't be any true reason you're remembering everything in your life.
What would be the point in having a brain crammed full of memory for our brains to just do fuck all when we die?

Why is the woman asian? You wouldn't be a faggot, would you OP?

This is surprisingly reassuring to me

So....That means we could be dead right now, and we're living out a memory.

youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE

>Saracen detected

Glad I could help mate. You should stop stressing over the shit that won't happen for a LONG time.

Not helpful but a dank song

The duality of the universe works in this way

>Masculine and Feminine
>Light and Darkness
>Day and Night

even in computer's

>1's and 0's

The story of Adam and Eve is relevant whether you believe in it literally or not.

Adam and Eve were in the Garden, totally naked, and totally innocent.

When they ate from the fruit of Knowledge of Good and Evil, they became knowledgable of the duality of the universe.

Remember, that before they ate from the fruit they did not have knowledge of either good or evil. They had no concept of it.

They only had unity and peace. Perfect unity with both each other and with God.

As soon as they ate from the tree, they freaked the fuck out because they were suddenly made aware of the duality of the universe.

Their first reaction? HOLY FUCK. PENIS AND VAGINA. EVERYTHING IS SO DIFFERENT!!!

The tactics of the Globalists and Satan himself is division.

Make people hate each other and divide people based on fear of differences. Even though its those differences which should be acknowledged. Because the Male and Female, together, form something beautiful.

Do you remember that time before you was born?

Man those were some comfy times huh?

Just a state of pure nonexistence, no pain, no pleasure. Just nothing. Hell, there wasn't even any concept of nothing, nothing didn't exist.

It's almost like you were... Experiencing...

Death

Thanks lad, sun never sets

This is what helped me many many years ago when I had the same existential crisis. Comforting knowing I've already experienced it and will only return to it.

>Convince a non believer that there's something after we die
Your consciousness ends when you die, "you" are no more. To think otherwise is retarded. You decompose and other things consume you. You are fulfilled as a full part of your environment. Just as other deaths sustained your life your death will sustain other lives.
That's what happens after you die. Accept the glory of life and the myriad deaths that sustain it and your place in this cycle, don't make up some bullshit to pretend you're special and get to not be a part of it.

>What would be the point in having a brain crammed full of memory for our brains to just do fuck all when we die?
Because you need to know things to function in life, you retard. This is such a stupid question.
Why do trees have leaves if they're just going to die one day?

Word

The worst part is the transition from alive to dead can be really dramatic but I always looked at death with some degree of excitement because it just seems so relaxing to just be in that state of pure nonexistence.

No fear or any emotions at all, just nothing

At least, that's what I believe is gonna happen.

So when I croak, wether by old age or nuclear blast which seems likely nowadays, I know that at that attosecond near the end, I'll be smiling and welcoming that end.

When you die, your memory is wiped and you'll get reborn as a new human. You are immortal. It never stops. It goes on and on even if the sun is dying in a billion years, you will live again somewhere, someplace. You cannot escape infinity.

I think of it this way, OP. I too have suffered from this before but I'm more concerned with the nature of existence as a whole. You're not alone in this struggle and I think that's the most important thing to remember.

If you were to right now be whisked off on some adventure, spend years on some adventure, but then once over your memory of the event was wiped and you were returned to the state you were in when you left (no time has passed) then to you it would be as if it never even happened and your daytoday experience was never interrupted. You wouldn't experience it in the same way you're experiencing the present to be remembered.

Now apply the logic to the "nothingness" before birth and presumably "after death." It should be as if nothing happened at all if that's the true case.

But this is also beyond our limited mortal comprehension. The best thing you can do is to hang the sense of it lest you go mad.

>regarding death and what happens after
Death is our reset button. We go back to be drifting microorganisms in some cemetery (judging that your family gets you buried in one)

but when you see a person die, surely something must've progressed in his out of time being for it to end?

many children have accurate memories of past lives, so much so they can recall details that are impossible to have known

many such recorded cases in modern times.

Sure omae

You need a dark room, foot basin or bath, salt, a mirror, and an easily on/offable light source

The room should be pitch-black, no witnesses. Salt the basin or bath and fill with cold water. Stand it in front of the mirror. Take off any footwear and step into the water. Stare into the mirror, illuminating your body with the candles/torch.

Keeping eye contact with yourself in the mirror, snuff the light.

Count to three, nine times, out loud or *clearly* in your head.

Turn the light back on, but BE CAREFUL.

In an emergency, tipping out the water will end the experience.

I hear converting to Islam will give you some sweet afterlife deals. You gotta do a bit to earn them in this one though.

OP, does your OCD manifest itself only in obsessive thoughts, or do you have rituals too?

I've been getting treatment for anxiety but I think it's manifested in OCD. Only problem is that I mainly get obsessive thoughts, i.e. I was convinced a few months ago that I had learning disabilities and everyone was just being nice to me, was convinced I had BPD, Convinced I had AIDS, Testicular cancer etc. All driven by obsessive ruminations, all day to the point where I almost felt compelled to make a conclusion just to stop thinking about them.

Only compulsion I've got is to do with personal hygiene, obsessing that people think I stink and that I'm not clean. I have to shower in a certain way or else I don't feel clean, at it's worst I was scrubbing my armpits until I broke blood, washing my ass until I had fissures (sorry for gory details) and still feeling dirty.

I was just under the impression that Having rituals like checking stuff obsessively was a necessary criteria, i.e. turning off the light a certain amount of times, touching the wall a certain way etc. I still sometimes travel back to my house, taking an hour or so, because I think I've left something on, only to find out its off but this is irregular.

Sorry if this sort of question pisses you off but I've been obsessing over it for the past few days.

Dont worry op, once you grow up you will be wishing you were dead and stop worrying

If it was not for the fact that my parents would be devastated if I died I would have jumped in front of a train already

Obsessive thoughts only now, although when I was younger there were quite a few rituals that I did

At least you're willing to save them a bill. Isn't suicide the default motivation of Japanese people though? Like how normal people have a drive to live, Japanese people have a drive to commit suicide.

have you ever dreamt something and then have it happen in that exact way weeks, months or even years later?

Ah right, cool might see if I can get some CBT.

Who cares if there is an afterlife or not? To us, our life is "real", even though we may find out it isn't, it's real to us. Why live your life wondering "what if there is no afterlife?" Live for the present and live a fulfilling life.

>You broke me
>Now fix me
>Sup Forums is one person
I just can't accept that there is someone this retarded.
>people on Sup Forums have to hug you to feel better
How about we don't give a shit go kill yourself if you must.

you'll just die and stop existing, it will be like before you were born

Yeah there was that kid who remembered being a fighter pilot in the war or something and he knew, not guess, actually knew very specific details or something.

Was on the news a few years back now. He was a Yank.

I don't get it.

All i want is for nothingness.
Heaven and hell both sound awful.

Yeah heaven is nice, but eternity is a long long fucking time, you can do anything And everything you ever want or that has ever been invented, but after 200million years of that you are going to get bored of it. You still have trillions of years left of it.

Fuck that, die and return to the ground, with no more consciousness it seems so much better

98% of all organisms that have ever lived on Earth were eaten alive by some other organism, so in that respect, you should be glad you're in the top 2%.

You die. You decompose and your molecules go on to make other organisms live. Most of them get eaten alive, but hey, that is just a̶ ̶b̶r̶u̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶l̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶a̶d̶i̶s̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶d̶e̶m̶o̶n̶-̶g̶o̶d̶ Intelligent Design at work.

It makes everything we do in this life so much more important.