You know what movie's fucking awesome?

Mask of the Phantasm.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZEOI34R4iw0?t=2m
youtube.com/watch?v=wcinzmfZeCc
youtube.com/watch?v=N6K1qNsE9v0
youtube.com/watch?v=4xgDpesd428
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Master Bruce, you are the picture of mental health. By the way, I've pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas pellets

The flashbacks were the best parts. I sometimes fantasize about this being made into a live action film. But made with 40s/50s pre-color film and said era appropriate techniques. Imagine this, live action, with the same intensity of Casablanca or someshit.

Makes me wish Beaumont and the Phantasm stuck around, too.

Well, Waller did hire her to murder McGuinnis' parents. But as far as involvment with Bruce. Nah. I liked the character. But it's better that she never came back into Bruce's life.

At the very least, she would've made a good alternative to the usual pairings of Selina and Talia.

>It doesn't mean I don't care anymore. I don't want to let you down, honest, but... but it just doesn't hurt so bad anymore. You can understand that, can't you? Look, I can give money to the city - they can hire more cops. Let someone else take the risk, but it's different now! Please! I need it to be different now. I know I made a promise, but I didn't see this coming. I didn't count on being happy. Please...tell me that it's okay.

Man Bruce. is. Fucked. Up.

The Waynes must be rolling in their graves

One of the few times where they really make his madness sympathetic. He's crazy as hell, and he just. Can't. Help it.

Like, he really does believe, in his heart of hearts, that this is what his parents want for him.

Overrated

This scene, right here. I remember rewatching this like eight years ago. It was the first time I had seen it since I was a kid. That scene hit me hard. I remember being amazed by how much of this movie I wasn't able to appreciate when i watched it multiple times as a kid.

Goddammit..

>most people haven't seen it or even know it exists
>overrated

Like those moments where he really does have a chance to be happy, to walk out of the shadow of the bat and have a real life. And then, shit happens that he has no control over and everything goes to hell.

That would be the perfect Batman movie. Retro Batman is the best Batman, of course, as he first appeared in the 30's.

>Left with dad
>Too young
>Need time
>Forget about me

Looking at what happened to Harley, I'm glad Andrea had her story told and gracefully went out with a few exceptions like the JLU/BB cameo.

They'd probably give her a tacky costume with a bunch of lines or a skinhugging body suit that shows off her tits or something.

I get you, and to some degree, I agree. I just don't think it's very in character for Bruce to know that she's still alive, that she's out there somewhere, and for him to not pursue her. He's done more for people he's cared about less, after all.

I think that's legit one of the best scenes in the DCAU, it's jut so fucking powerful, and it's really the best version of Batman because he's flawed and sympathetic as opposed to TNBA Bruce.

The biggest meme among Batfags and Sup Forums as a whole is the idea that this movie has aged well and has a good story.

Lazy contrarian shitposting. Low-effort. Sad!

We're going to build a wall between us and the shitposters, and we're going to make the shitposters pay for it!

Why the fuck do people always ask for live action adaptations of perfect shit that is based around the strengths of its original medium.

You people are the reason we got that Watchmen movie abortion

I like to draw red mouths on random pictures of people and decide they're the Joker.

Like, that's the laziest that I've ever seen Batman be. Like, "if I just draw a bubble around his head...GASP PATRICK STEWART IS MR. FREEZE."

There's honestly nothing quite like it, user, I was recently thinking that it's likely my favorite Batman thing ever, to me it's the absolute best depiction of Batman and it's just such a fucking classic.

Also, this is how I think Bruce should deal with the Joker, he doesn't want to kill him, but if it's the only way he'd absolutely do it for the sake of everyone else.

Pic related

>You'r crazy! Let me go or we'll both die!
>Whatever it takes!

And then he puts on grey pajamas with black underpants over top them

kinda jarring

It's not contrarian to have my own opinion among a group of drones. It's called having an opinion.

And in my opinion, the animation and character designs have aged like old milk. The plot is basic. The mystery is not a mystery. The plot twist is predictable, even for children. And you are all blinded by nostalgia.

There was literally no reason for him to be in the film and he was forced in so they could use the Joker in marketing

Face the truth anons, you know I'm right

I agree, however he has some of the best dialogue of any Joker period

sounds familiar...

Probably the best DCAU Joker laugh was in the movie, too.
youtu.be/ZEOI34R4iw0?t=2m

Andrea: What are you doing?

Bruce: Jiu Jitsu!

>is actually doing Karate

DON'T TOUCH ME, OLD MAN

Have to disagree with you

youtube.com/watch?v=wcinzmfZeCc

Classical jiujitsu included strikes.

I don't think Joker's nearly as menacing in the show as he is in the movie. Kinda makes sense that Dini was writing this at the same time that he got mugged.

Christ, he was so close to a happy life it hurts and it hurts even more knowing how His life as batman will affect for him In The end

>"Daddy make me take a girl's self defense class!"

>This one line of dialogue is meant to explain how she is capable of all of the Phantom's feats including dissappearing so bullets fired by hardened mob hitmen pass through her and handling herself 1v1 against Batman

>he didn't like Watchmen

Take your shit opinions and leave.

She did have years to train herself physically for the whole thing plus most of the targets where old men

Watchmen is literally a movie in comic form, are you retarded? The panel layouts are just screaming to be filmed.

He was in the movie because Paul Dini is a Jokerfag.

He has his menacing moments in the show. Just watched the one where he steals an atom bomb and he was pretty great in that.

Watchmen was literally created with the deliberate intent of being unfilmable because Moore wanted to push the medium of COMICS further. The panel layout and transitions could only be done with graphic storytelling.

Oh yeah, without a doubt. The one with Captain Clown is fantastic, and you really do get the sense that he could easily kill Batman.

I'm just saying that he's especially effective as a villain in Mask of the Phantasm.

The watchmen motion comic shows how absurd that is

>Batman and his love interest bond after they find a shared activity
>this activity is talking to their dead parents at the graveyard

Mad Love would be GOAT if not for the shit design

He really tried to murder Batman with his bare hands

>your crazy matches my crazy!

You can have elementary schoolers perform MacBeth scene by scene, too, but hat doesn't make it any good.

Yea Hamill said he didn't like this version of the Joker visually. He said the eyes were fine cause he looks like a shark but he didn't like the mouth.

STOP TRYING TO TWEET LIKE DONALD TRUMP! I'LL KILL YOU!

You say that, yet that screencap looks fantastic.

I specifically capped the scene where he looked the most threatening

ehhh

This thread made me rent Mask of the Phantasm. Good job, WB shill.

>current year
>liking Snyder shit
literally this

I think the JLU design was by far the best. It was certainly the most menacing Joker design out of the three.

It would take more than just changing the mouth. Timm meant for Joker's head to look like a skull. Maybe a paler face. Or just post JLU or Batman Beyond version already.

See, I actually didn't like JL Joker. His head looked... squashed, somehow. Overall he looked squashed and squat. The Joker should be long and lean.

I mean, fucking BTAS has the ultimate design, with the ROTJ design as a close second. The JL design is okay, but hardly my favorite.

I think that was the broad shoulders but I think they did a pretty good job at giving the Joker an imposing silhouette. The black lips were also a nice touch.

Just pointing this out: the reason you all love it so much is the soundtrack. Jesus fucking christ that soundtrack

I always thought he looked more like an owl

Are you even daring to suggest that this isn't an emotionally powerful scene?
My. God!
youtube.com/watch?v=N6K1qNsE9v0

Well. You aren't wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=4xgDpesd428

Even right now, fucking chills up and down my fucking spine.

I wanna fuck that Joker

I'm just going to throw this out here -

The Joker isn't scary when he's a mass-murdering a jack-off. But as someone who can reduce a man to a living albeit giggling wreck of a human being? Someone who is trapped in a hospital and can't help but continually laugh in the face of every single horrifying reality being thrust at him?

That is fucking horrifying. This movie is the most effective that the Joker has ever been in terms of being a terrifying presence.

Makes you want to laugh? Doesn't it?

It made the animated batman feel at a much bigger scale of story and locations. That retro future park, Bruce visits and Joker makes a home out of is creepy and cool to see at the same time.

Fucking love that scene.

>they do it for free
Good luck with that. They're all broke losers.

We're going to make Sup Forums great again!

Name?

Flashpoint Batman.

>Pass by it for years because it just looks like a Batman:The Animated Series ep. that you pay for
>Buy it decades later, find out I'm right

At least I was really in the mood for another Batman:The Animated Series ep by then.

Didn't someone make a parody titlecard of Phantasm and Joker modeled in a style of Tom and Jerry's?

He works great as the final antagonist setting up the climatic battle in the third act while fitting thematically with the story theme and has one of the best mark hammil performances out their.

Does anyone have a doubt to the whole comic?

Source

Overrated, really.
It's just an extended episode with some origin flashbacks that should have been in the show itself.

Not to mention the Phantasm getting shoved aside for Joker in the climax. How original.

>Jessica Chastain won't play Andrea Beaumont/The Phantasm in the DCEU directed by Ben affect.
FML

Dude she said that so Bruce wouldnt question why she was so good at kicking ass, classic misdirection