What does Sup Forums think of this underrated show?

What does Sup Forums think of this underrated show?

Also, general superhero cartoons thread.

Loved this show, still do. It has its flaws, but still holds up fir the most part. Emma Frost had a well done character arc, and Cyclops was enjoyable since the 90s version. Also touched on more villains than other shows did; the Mojo episodes surprised me the first viewing.

It was alright. The 90's cartoon was great, but I remember the action in this series being pretty passable. A good range of the xmen characters were shown too, which was nice

>Let's make Wolverine the star of a kids cartoon show where the censors won't let him stab or cut people

Thats nothing new with x-men cartoons tho, and to be fair this one was quite a bit darker than the last two incarnations

Lacking animation made a lot of the action scenes a little flat, but overall it was decent.

Fuck the cliffhanger.

What? It was way less dark than X-Men the Animated Series from the 90's, they got away with death, episodes that bordered on horror stories and people actually dying.

This show was the only genuinely cancelled one out of the bunch. All of the others were just not picked up for another season. But this show actually had a second season plotted out, some scrips made, and some concept art done before the funding was pulled and it was all killed.

At least the other X-men shows had more balanced casts, giving other characters more screen time and focus in order to distract from the fact that Wolverine can't do shit, too much focus on Logan and it becomes obvious that he can only use his claws on robots

*scripts

My headcanon is that this show, EMH, and Spectacular Spider-Man are in the same universe.

I didn't say it was better, but this one didn't shy away from off screen death. Like genocides and shit. Plus it dabbled in the whole fleeing refuge plot point at one time, enslavement, literal concentration camps, plus theres the whole hopeless feel to the post-apocalyptic world prof x woke up in. Sure the 90's had more meaningful deaths, but Magneto was actually burned alive in front of his daughters eyes in this one

EMH and this show are canonically in the same universe

Isn't the Hulk versus shorts in there as well?

It was good but it was the worst of the 3 shows. And the way they killed of emma was bullshit

Never watched this show, is it any good? I wanted to start, but since it was cancelled I was afraid there could be any major unsolved cliffhanger.

Just stop before the final episode

>EMH, and Spectacular Spider-Man

They didn't deserve to end

Originally. That was Yost's plan, but when WatX was cancelled, he threw that out of the window. It's why things like Nick Fury and Wendigo contradict each other.

The Marvel Wikia is just run by retards that forgot about this fact.

Everything that's not Wolverine is pretty great, give it a watch.

>but since it was cancelled I was afraid there could be any major unsolved cliffhanger.
It resolves quite well if you cut Xavier off mid-sentence "I congratulate you Logan-" and just turn off the TV forever.

Death AND dying, you say?

Don't have the best memory of the 90s one, but I remember DOFP was just "Hi, I'm Bishop, future totally sucks, believe me, now let's punch Mystique."

WatX was basically all concentration camps and impending genocide all the time and if I remember correctly the first future Xavier episode has him running alongside a line of X-Men graves.

They screwed themselves by ending off on a cliffhanger.

Never forget his sacrifice.

The title was the most honest of any X-Men media outside of the comic. It was really good, Even as kind of comic back ground character it had Forge and that was cool. IMO the hottest Rogue. The main problem, I just really don't like Wolverine a great deal and Wolverine in cartoons when he has to be watered down version of Wolverine for the sake of impressionable youth is somehow even worse.

See

Wolverine's violence being watered down has been happening since the first X-Men film, even in the comics he's way less violent.

Byrne and Claremont's Wolverine is not coming back

Iceman is cute ther