Delhi is getting closer to SUPER-megacity status - not just a regular megacity (10 million+ people)...

Delhi is getting closer to SUPER-megacity status - not just a regular megacity (10 million+ people), but one of the few metro areas on Earth with more 30 million people. That short list includes Tokyo, Jakarta, and China's Pearl River Delta region. Delhi is at 27 million and rising quickly. How will you celebrate India's admission into this very exclusive club, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mE7FZLmtRoE
youtube.com/watch?v=vJwOX2N-Duc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projections_of_population_growth#Population_projections_of_the_101_largest_cities_in_the_21st_century
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>That short list includes Tokyo, Jakarta, and China's Pearl River Delta region. Delhi
Nice list to nuke.

>be Pajeet
>live in Judge Dredd universe

Why they aren't building higher?

>metro area with more than 30 million people
Holy fucking shit.

There are some high-rises, but it's usually more efficient to build structures with 3 to 5 floors. It's still extremely dense, but you don't need to dig a large pit for the foundation.

Delhi will be nuked

Imagine the stink

>t. Paki ISI spy

No

*gags*

>streets more poo than pathway

I'm always thrown back by pictures of megacities, their scale is mindblowing

fuck that, I can't even stand Paris which must be like 6millions

30 million people within walking distance of me

and no gf

I'd rather live with 500k chinks in the size of a football field than to live with 30 millions poos.

>That short list includes Tokyo, Jakarta, and China's Pearl River Delta region
And only in Tokio you can live a normal life, all others must be stinking shitholes.

Claustrophobia inducing

That was knocked down

Hope

but Metro Tokyo-Yokohama, Greater Jakarta, Seoul Capital Area, Valley of Mexico Metropolitan Area and Pearl River Delta are also huge in size, places like Delhi, Karachi, Lagos, Dhaka and Mumbai not so much

I know, but it was a utopia for those chinks.

Absolutely horrible. I'll probably go to Tokio in March, I hope it's not that claustrophobic.
t. born in village of 420 people

Metro Paris is around 12 million, similar to Greater Rio de Janeiro, Metro Manila and Metro Nanjing

Does it smell like piss like Manila does?

Didn't we destroy Jakarta?

Pop instead of tarmac

[Need to enforce LAW intensifies]

youtube.com/watch?v=mE7FZLmtRoE

(What's the crime rate tho ?)

Kind of misleading to include the Pearl River Delta in that list. It has over 60 million people.

Are you from Sup Forums?

How inbred are you?

That looks like a very, very large expanse of sprawling poverty, famine and general shitholery I would not want to visit, or god forbid, live.

How does living in a mega city profit a person? I can understand Tokyo, I was there, it's great but India? It's just more shacks and indian favelas.

Superpower 2020!
But still no toilets...

More jobs in urban area than rural area. Huh. Who would've thought?

That's where all the jobs are. People with decent incomes live in gated communities.

Yeah but normal cities can have jobs as well, you don't have to pile up in a xx million pop favela.

Sure, but if you want career progression, you'll have to eventually move to a big city anyway.
Smaller cities are kind of boring too. Just avoid the poor areas and you can have a good time in places like Delhi.

Maybe in India. It differs from country to country, for example in USA if you want the best job in IT you work in San Jose not NYC because that's where Silicone Valley is.

>Smaller cities are kind of boring too.
Once again, maybe in India.

Anyway it's awful that people have to pile up in such a huge city-like zerg just to get a job.

just looks like a polluted shithole though

>maybe in India
Well, you wanted to know why people move to bigger cities in India. I answered the question.

Personally, I would rather live in Mumbai or Delhi than some no-name town in the middle of nowhere. My father works in the oil industry and since most drilling sites are far away from major cities, I spent most of my childhood in smaller places. I like Mumbai much better.

I see. Why do you prefer Mumbai?

yes
there are neighbouring villages faggot

Here. Its basic economics.
People move to cities because of opportunities.
You're proving my point. People move to San Jose for IT. It's a city. Not some small town in Colorado.
Same with Delhi. People move there because of opportunities, people and it's the capital.
It may seem like high because the population in India is high.
It doesn't differ from place to place.
There are more people in Warsaw than some shitty old village is because of opportunities.
There are other big cities in India like Mumbai and Bangalore. The only edge Delhi has is "capital" city.
Mumbai is the financial city along with movie industry. Bangalore is a tech city. Chennai is automobile industry. Etc etc etc

more like super mega shitty

It has nice places to hang out with friends, and you can find specific, high end stuff here that isn't available in most places of the country.
For example, I recently bought an MSI laptop. You can't find dealers and service centres for them in smaller places. I also plan to go for post-grad abroad after I complete my undergrad after a few months. You can easily find official consultants for universities here. Foreign consulates have offices here, so if I am required to give an interview, it won't be a big deal.

Nope
>when i thought this shithole is soul crushing enough

>world's biggest shanty town
Exclusive indeed

I see. So there's limited access to a lot of goods and services in India if you don't live in a megacity.
Here it's a non-issue luckily.

S

H

I

T

H

O

L

E

imagine the smell

one 1 toilet for 20,000 people. If toilet is full then shit at designated shitting beach.

megacity eh?

It seems shit dust is covering over the city

Where can I poo in delhi

depressing

t.xing xiang ling ping ding ting ming

>irrelevant country

I recall old news about half of Delhi living in slums, is it still that bad now?

>I recall old news about half of Delhi living in slums, is it still that bad now?
If you are really into making up stories , I have heard Malaysians have a dish containing papaya , chilli and ladyboy's cum.

>coming from Belarus

Papaya is a Thai thing, we use unripe mangoes.
Google shows its a news article from 2012.

t.

>we use unripe mangoes.
youtube.com/watch?v=vJwOX2N-Duc
reminds me of summer.

Thats how many qm2 of shitting streets?

shall we compare our GDP , irrelevant country?

Wow from this far it literally looks like hardened, dried out SHIT with cracks in it

>Wow from this far it literally looks like hardened, dried out SHIT with cracks in it

in my country everyone has a personal toilet
or can we compare the crime rate, HDI, GDP per capita ...?

t.irrelevant country and the last dictatorship in Europe

This desu.
That would only make little difference to current situation. Its yuuge shithole. And not just regualar shithole with shitty infra and dindu tier ppl, it is polluted asf. You need gas masks and if you walk outside you will see toxic polluted rivers and nigglet ravage children on street just like post apocalyptic wasteland. The whole area should be declared uninhabitable desu.

>in my country everyone has a personal toilet
>or can we compare the crime rate, HDI, GDP per capita ...?
>t.irrelevant country and the last dictatorship in Europe

> The whole area should be declared uninhabitable desu.
This desu .
Dogras , bengalis , Biharis and Muslims should be gassed immediately.

We make salad out of it, good to go with grilled fish for lunch.

>We make salad out of it,
that'd be too sour . Maybe malaysian unripe mangoes are less sour than Indians.

Just imagine the smell of 30 million people eating curry 24/7 and pooping on the streets...

Ours leans towards sweet because of higher sunlight near the equator resulting in higher sugar content.

ITT we write POO 30 million times to illustrate.

POO

Delhi was always massive though. More interesting is African cities:
Lagos population 1901: 41,487
Lagos population 2100: 88,300,000

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projections_of_population_growth#Population_projections_of_the_101_largest_cities_in_the_21st_century

Idk about dogras. But gassing the latter 3 would be beneficial. It would reduce crime and child birthrate by huge margin.

*cough cough*

shitty projections

Tokyo is actually getting even larger because people are moving there from the countryside

Any Pajeet anons here that can help me?
My dad bought me from Pajeetland a few jars of this.Shit is really fucking strong and salty, how the fuck do i eat that lads?Do i mix it with rice?Thanks

And this.
This is actually absolutely fucking repulsive and ill probably just throw it out, but the chilli pickle is good if i mixed it with something i think

are you here rn? , or it would be a shame that I write an answer and no one replies it.

aye,ive been cooking stuff and shitposting on Sup Forums whole day

t-thanks

>tfw live in Uttam Nagar
Just put me out of my misery already.

Why do they keep reproducing?
They don't have resources for everyone.

Achar. Its a condiment, you use very small quantities (like just coating it on the stuff you are going to eat).

it wasn't. it was a fucking slum.

>b-but muh cyberpunk
cyberpunk is a dystopia, we don't want those cities in the real world.

The amount of streetshitting and trash I saw in this city was honestly depressing.

Jesus I'm going to vomit