If Jake and Finn were raised together then when did Jake go through his criminal phase and how did Finn not know about...

If Jake and Finn were raised together then when did Jake go through his criminal phase and how did Finn not know about it? Did Jake abandon Finn for a period of time? Post theories !

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/6136416/1/The-Care-and-Feeding-of-Humans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Think about it. Jake was a grown adult sometime around 6-8 months. He had a weenie of a brother his own age, along with this adopted baby brother who, despite being MONTHS old, is still a goddamn baby
of course he's going to go sow his wild oats, get into some trouble. be a MAN dog.
Every so often he might feel bad, drop back in on his folks.. now it's been fucking.. 18 months and the kid is still a baby! the fuck is WRONG with humans? Is this why they went extinct?
only when the kid's able to actually talk and climb and sing about punching buns does Jake finally realize this is is f'real little brother and he should start spending more time with him. That could have taken like 3 years.

I think the writers might not know but I'll answer legitimately OP.
Since Jake seems to age like twice as fast as Finn does, I always thought that Finn was just growing up with their parents at their house while Jake was out doing his hood rat shit. Joshua and Margaret either didn't know about it or elected to not tell Finn. When they died it seems Jake didn't tell Finn either for probably the same reasons.

I really think that by the time their parents were dead and Finn and Jake were living at the treehouse Jake was done with stealing shit. That really seems like something he only did as an asshole teen and I can't see him doing shit like that while he has a ten or so year old brother all alone at his house.

Goddammit, I want an episode about Finn and Jake's backstory so badly but maybe I should be glad we haven't gotten one since there's a chance the writers would ruin it. Such an interesting period though.

we got jake's origin story, i don't think anyone saw that coming. i think it's possible we might get the adventures of college-age jake and toddler finn

just once though i would like the show to acknowledge the blithering idiocy of the way they conceive age.

What's wrong with the way they conceive age?

That only Finn is required to actually become 18 before he gets to "Be 18" whereas Jake's kids can just be it in a day. the way PB gets to call herself that indefinitely. the way Jake "doesn't know his age" anymore, and has to figure it out based on how he feels.

I never noticed that before but yeah, that age logic can hinder character development over time. However, it's been established that Jake has some idea of his age and he's been growing noticeably older the past season, it's not just how he feels.

Well none of them but Finn are human so that makes sense.

it would if humans were an established thing people understood, but they're so rare as to be considered extinct. so why the fuck?

Finn and Jake are around the same age, Jake just matured faster because he's a dog.

it's funny that, having gone through that himself, he was still so shocked when it happened with his own kids. why didn't he ask Lady how long it takes rainicorns to mature?

I appreciate both of your legitimate answers but I have to disagree with you. In the episodes where they do reveal Jake's criminal past it doesn't seem as if he's just some kid getting into shit; he and his team were professionals. Young, maybe, but not kids getting into shit for the hell of it. Also, Jake leaving home and Finn behind seems veeeery out of character for Jake and that emotional conflict would've been at least brought up, just as his father's abandonment was explored.

nobody said kids. at least I didn't. a 6 month old jake might be basically a teenager. by a year old he's definitely "18" if not past it

Yeah, I understand that fact but the age curve doesn't make too much sense when you try to lay it out and pinpoint the time when Jake went through his phase.

Yeah that does kinda make sense with the fact that Finn didn't know anything was going on and seeing how quickly Jake's kid aged

It does if your only requirements are "Finn doesn't remember it" and "Jake wasn't a puppy anymore"

He did.
He said Rainacorns only take one day to mature.

No? Did you watch the episode Jake the Dad?

I think his buddies being kind of skilled doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't have still just done it during his teen-young adult years and still gotten out when their folks die. It seems like Finn and Jake's parents died like when Finn was ten, so that means Jake might have been doing his gang action when Finn was 7-10 or something like that, and I think that works. I forget if Jake was actually the leader of his gang or if it was just him leading them in One Last Job.

And as opposed to the other guy you quoted I don't think Jake ever really left home, though that's mainly because it seems like it would be a pretty big chunk in the backstory of him and Finn. Like, they need time to become best friends and bros and that can't really happen if Jake spent half of Finn's young childhood somewhere else getting into thievery shenanigans.

he aged up within like 2 years, like a dog would. at that point finn was still doing baby dances
his kids aged up within like 2 days, little bit different

It seems the people in this thread do not understand actual age versus biological age. For example, Jake's pups are half unicorn therfore mature faster than they would if they were just dogs. Jake matures and ages differently than other dogs anyway on the account of being magic. In other words, Jake's "dog years" are different. Finn's actual age and biological age is 16. Bonnibel's biological age is 19, but her actual age is 827. Actual age goes by years, and biological age progresses differently. It is very confusing. Jake most likely matured before Finn was a teenager, we see that at one point they were both infants in "Dad's Dungeon," and in "Crystals Have Power" Finn is nowhere to be seen. Biological age goes by how humans mature; it's just convient that way.

same scale. almost literally. it shouldnt have been such a shock to him, and he should have asked, having been through something similar with his brother.

except humans mature twice as fast as other humans sometimes.
also: you're the only person who doesn't understand things, if you think the people in the thread "do not understand" literally the topic of the thread

>we got jake's origin story
That was nice for seeing more of Joshua and Margaret but I could not give half a wet fart about Jake being some alien. That was dumb as hell to me and explained something that needed no explanation at all, who gives a shit where Jake's powers came from? Just leave it off at them either coming from that mud puddle of possible nuclear waste or any other million ways it might have happened, making him an alien spawn is stupid as shit and adds nothing else to his character or history.

A two year old dog is 24 years old. 3 years, about 30

Would also like to add, Jake is older than Finn biologically, but actually they are around the same age give or take a year. Also Jake could speak at birth. This means that when Jake was in his 20's, early 20's or teen years, he was doing things he didn't know was wrong And being a sore-loser in Card Wars. Meanwhile Finn was most likely a preteen-child. We already know what Jake has been up to around these times, but Finn has never been seen at about 7-8 years old.

[citation needed]
Also see here. Anyway most human fully mature at their 20's, theres always a span though, and the minimum and maximum is irrelavent. There has literally never been a human that fully matured at 10 I hope you're joking.

>Jake matures and ages differently than other dogs anyway on the account of being magic.

To be honest, from what we got so far, Jake seems to be maturing like a real dog, if not only bit slower.

He said he'd was 28, on season 1, n season 7 (4 YEARS LATER) , he says that he is probably 40.

Jake will probably die before Finn reach 20, like Billy's dog died way before him.

His sons and daughters look like will live at least a century due to being half Raincorn.

We've seen fuck all of young Finn aside from his as a near newborn(? whatever he was in Boom Boom) and being that same age pretty much in Dad's Dungeon.

A decent amount of young Jake but seemingly no really young Finn for some reason.

Not arguing with that. Jake will die before Finn biologically speaking.

utter random bullshit. meaningless even if all humans were consistent
do your research matey
also i was exaggerating slightly. but just like dogs, things ramp up at a certain point, and you can be twice as far ahead from THAT point as another, easily.

depending just how magic jake is. but his brother seems to be doing fine, so
don't forget punch-a your buns. but yeah that was pretty much it.

We have seen enough of baby Finn, "Memory of a Memory" "Dads Dungeon" "Memories of Boom Boom Mountain" That's enough. We haven't seen Him as a child, or past todler

[citation needed] Unless you have this word from a pediatrician your imput is waveable.

oh yeah because their expertise is beyond repute.

Oh yeah, did forget that.
I wonder ho canonical that was exactly since it did seem to be just a gag. Finn still looked like the exact same but could talk now.

Look at how he aged from age 12 to 16. I think Finn grows in spurts.

Well duh, like someone who doesnt even study the topic knows more then someone who has a doctrate in it?

spoken by someone who's never been to college but idolizes those who have
or worse, who has and thinks they're hot shit as a result. NEEDS to think they are, can't accept what a waste it was.

In the endless dungeon train episode finn is very old, but jake os as old as him.

maybe jake ends up living as long as his human friend mecause of his magics or whatever reason

also, remember that jake has been resurrected by the king of mars, so that might have some secondary effects

What are you going on about? Someone who studies a topic enough to get a doctrate in it will obviously know more about that topic than someone who never studied it.

I really do hope Jake dies before Finn does, like when Finn's in his 30s or something.
Would be a really final way of forcefully shoving Finn into adulthood by taking away the one whose been with him his entire life. That would be really sad and cool.

Maybe could have been one of the itens of the train? There is no way to know.

Related to this topic, there's a very well written fanfic about Finn and Jake growing up.
>fanfiction.net/s/6136416/1/The-Care-and-Feeding-of-Humans

Hasn't updated in years so seems to be dead in the water but is still by far the most interesting thing about Finn and Jake's younger years. Really heart warming shit.

why is Pendleton Ward obsessed with bees?
eg. adventure time has many bees, bee and puppycat, Breavest Warriors has a central bee motif...

anyone has got a theory?

It doesn't matter when in his life he did crime, Finn wouldn't have noticed because, as it's been stated many times throughout the series, he's a stupid kid. Heck, the guy has teeth missing because he chewed on rocks.