Apocalypse Now

>3 hours
So, what is the optimal number of parts to watch it ? I was thinking about 3 but I don't know in which part should I stop
Anyone got experience with this ?

Is this bait?

>Anyone got experience with this ?

ADD?

Pre-mission Willard, with-crew Willard, and Kurtz compound... and skip the entire French and playboy bunnies sequence (unless you've never seen them)

>marathoning a movie
I hate this meme

Just watch it in one go you pussy

Get some alcohol if you need something to keep you focused

I did it in 20 minute segments, gotta stop for phone breaks to check facebook

what the fuck? kill yourself

watch while eating dinner
when you can be bothered to return the dishes to the kitchen is when you stop

30 minutes segments for a normal person, 45 minutes for hardmode. It starts off boring af so be warned.

pleb. I bet you watch films at 1x speed

fuck yourself, eat shit and die.

is this real

Have you ever tried to marathon it in one sitting? It just drags on they could cut out a good 90 minutes and it'd be a decent flick.

watch it in one go but skip the french part

>skip the entire French and playboy bunnies sequence
why?

watch it in 1 sitting but at .25 speed to absorb all kino.

I watched it for the first time this year in one sitting. And I'm impatient and unfocused as fuck.

It does drag on, it's very slow paced, but you still look like a pleb to admit you have to take breaks every half an hour

I thought this movie was shit minus:
>Killing those guys on the boat for the puppy
>When they reach the shore and its night time and they creep through the night while there is fighting going on
>Maybe when they take the beach and the one guy starts talking about surfing even though they are still fighting

I gave up on the movie after the scene where you can see the camera in the mirror and the one where they're in the bar and you can see the huge rip in his suit like he's wearing jeans under them. Looked fake af.

>It Ain't Me starts playing

No it doesn't

shut up

Hold on I haven't had my coffee yet.

The French plantation scene I liked.

But I have the workprint version which is even LONGER. Different Doors song in the end, and Willard stabs a guard using a kid as a shield

>Skipping the Playboy bunnies
What are you, gay?
>Skipping the French resistance
Yeah, I'll get around that... They just talked about fucking nothing for way too long.

The french part is fine. Shows that he could let the war go without him and he chose the war.

It's insanely uninteresting though.

no

>3 hours

don't watch the redux version user

I watched once upon a time in America at 2.3x speed.

Worked pretty good I made it all the way through. I recommend the same.

It kills the pacing.

Not for me. I could imagine him living with that family forever. I made other versions of the movie in my mind while I was watching it.

don't listen to him, any movie is always better if it's longer.

redux version = the only way to truly experience the movie.

>any movie is always better if it's longer.
"No".

Seriously don't bother, it's properly shitty. Maybe one of the most boring, confused and pretentious films I've ever seen. The director was massively addicted to speed through the whole shoot and did nothing but go around pulling his hair out about how shit the movie was. Even he knows it was garbage, but for some reason plebs like to pretend it's super deep and some great movie. It's not.

So the movie was so boring you had to imagine stuff happening to get through it. Sounds about right.

I only remember surfing, ride of walkiries and tiger scenes. The rest was pretentious boring shit

Yup.
Mmhmmm.

>all these plebs ITT

It's 3 hours of pure kino, if you can't sit through it or think it's "pretentious" you need to unironically kill yourself

fuck off grandpa. learn to make a proper length movie

go back to watching capeshit, child

Watch the theatrical cut, the scenes added in the redux add nothing to the story.

very minute I stay in Sup Forums, I get weaker

Why don't you watch hearts of darkness and then tell me it's kino. Why don't you watch Coppola speeding his tits off screaming that he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing and then tell me it's kino. If it's so kino then explain one thing about it that's a master stroke.
Remember full metal jacket? Remember how that movie was structured to have a huge tonal shift at the mid point to really give you a sense of the shift in reality that a marine had to go through when arriving in Vietnam. Or the way the narrative becomes less and less cohesive as the film goes on and the war becomes more and more of a lost cause, degenerating into a stream of disconnected moments of cruelty, violence and death that serve no purpose and don't advance any kind of narrative.
Now remember apocalypse now. Remember when Martin Sheen was so drunk he fell into a mirror and they kept filming it? Remember when Marlon Brando was so fat he wouldn't come on camera unless it was super dark? Remember the bit where they take acid and surf while under fire. What's the message there eh? So subtle, so nuanced. I hate myself for saying this but it's pure fucking Reddit.

Anyone have a link to the 5 hour workprint in good quality?

"pacing" is a pleb buzzword. It's supposed to kill the pacing, because it's an oasis within the storm.

Yes

>he thinks anything but the end result matters
You have to go back, faggot.

>There are two of you, you see? One that kills and one that loves.

That's the premise of the whole movie.

just watch the movie in speed 1.2 (which is the optimal speed anyway) and the movie is no longer 3 hours but 2.5 hours

Just watch it on TV with commercial breaks.

>3 hour movie
ain't nobody got time for that. speed it up to 1.25x and skip the boring parts. There. It's now a 25 minute movie.

It depends, user. What games do you play on your phone while watching films usually?

lol