Things that scared the fuck out of you as a kid. Bonus points for life scars

Things that scared the fuck out of you as a kid. Bonus points for life scars.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-wR8FL_2gwI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ug86LG4Zu08
youtube.com/watch?v=Rj4c1TbdxUg
youtube.com/watch?v=NXwxYIjqocA
youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2wqkD2KVM
i.4cdn.org/tv/1499076577407.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=BJ9Wqw6mCJ0
youtu.be/-fwwEtIZJR0?t=1h20m
youtube.com/watch?v=K4Lx5_gSJbo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Punky Brewster summer camp episode when a fucking native american demon started corrupting all of Punky's friends.

Actually had to google this

You'd think it was fake but guess what!

scarred

Next movie for me. Robocop 2, Kane becoming robot and turning on his former friends. I remember as a kid seeing the world as good guys and bad. Bad guys stuck together and same with good. But for a bad guy to turn on others was mind blowing. Plus seeing his brain and the fucking gatling gun on his shoulder didnt help. Was maybe 9-10 but that scared the crap out of me that night.

I'm sure those Robocop 2 prototypes didn't help either

Unicron in robot form really scared the shit out of me as a kid.

The story itself wasn't very good but this effect scared the fuck out of me.

Becoming a lettuce just to be eaten by veggie trolls

>For a time, I considered sparing the wretched little planet of Cybertron. Now..you shall witness..ITS DISMEMBERMENT!!

Orson may not have known what the fuck was going out with these stupid robot toy commercials but you tell me he didn't fucking nail that role better than that wine commercial.

Uhhh, no. All of his deliveries were utterly terrible. The director decided to run them all through heavy synthesizers just to make them sound decent. And even then, a lot of them are still bad.

Idk if music videos count, but Michael Jackson's Thriller video fucked me up as a kid. And to this day, it still haunts me. I've moved on from my fear of zombies, but I'm still afraid of this song and video. Especially Vincent Price's "Rap" and laughter at the end.

As for movies, Tales From the Hood isn't as scary as it was when I was younger, but the black zombie guy and the creepy dolls I can't get over.

Really? Well fuck me, big shout out to that director then, fooled my dumbass

:(

Yeah, I remember reading an interview with him. Welles was out of breath just trying to get through a sentence, and would rarely give them more than one take, even if they asked for it. They had to chop up and mix and match almost every line to make it sound decent, and then they digitally distorted it with their robot filter more than normal, and made it way more bass-y, you can't even tell its Welles, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't their original intention.

Honestly, the notion that a Transformer the size of a planet would have odd, belabored speech patterns is a bit clever, but since it wasn't really intentional, I can't quite praise it that much.

Made me gay for a while.

What were they thinking?

YOUR BARGAINING POSTURE IS HIGHLY DUBIOUS

youtube.com/watch?v=-wR8FL_2gwI

Nothing. Video games were way scarier.

Pic related. ffffffffffffffff

>someone wanted to stomp all over this director's vision

What a faggot.

I like this scene but this is pretty much the moment it dropped the ball.

I remember there was some book with an audio cassette for Gremlins that one of my preschool teachers would show and it had the main character in some natatorium and he reaches his hand into this dark alcove and gets bit, then a gremlin runs out and laughs and laughs and laughs and that fucked with me for a long time for some reason.

childhood
>Brave Little Toaster
>Little Nemo
>Pinocchio
>All Dogs go to Heaven
>The Rescuers
>Jaws
>Black Cauldron
>when Pennywise ripped off Georgie's arm
early teens
>demon face in Exorcist
>bear scene in The Shining (no idea why)
>images in the tape on the Ring
adult
>nothing sadly

Always figured my love of horror came from creepy Disney movies and Bluth illustrations

youtube.com/watch?v=Ug86LG4Zu08

I still don't understand how this got okay'd for a kids movie. Maybe it wasn't for kids? That scene with Captain Ahab was also pretty damn creepy.

Best scene in all of cinema. Frankly I couldn't stop laughing.

Fuck that vivisection scene though.

>Remember me, Eddie? When I killed your brother I talked -- JUST -- LIKE -- THIIIISSSSSS

youtube.com/watch?v=Rj4c1TbdxUg I can guarantee this guy fucked up a whole llot of kids

Baby sitter made me watch killer clowns from outer space when i was 5 or 6. Had nightmares for months.

Honorable mention to the dollhouse episode of are you afraid of the dark and the doll possession x files episode.

[Insert joke about Islam here]

>that fucking monster
youtube.com/watch?v=NXwxYIjqocA
My parents should've read a bit more about this movie before renting it as a Donald Duck cousin live action kids movie.

Nobody wants you here, Sup Forumsirgin.

Tough luck, I'm staying.

Twins in the hallway in the Shining. It still makes me nervous in hotels. Also the lady in the bathtub made me always keep the shower curtain open.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2wqkD2KVM

The shadows. I had nightmares during years with that shit.

"Hey let's watch this tomantic movie, it's ok for kids."

>My "insaniac" toy from Small Soldiers
>Gremlins
>A fat woman being crushed by some machine after spilling her medicine, don't remember the movie. Gave me a headache
>Lord of the Flies, saw it when I stayed home one day from elementary school. Kid killed with rock made me uneasy
>Cujo scared me, VERY young lad wasnt paying attention to plot. Grew up always scared of dogs
>Some gory demon anime trailer when I popped in a vhs of GiTS as a kid
> My big dick

Whats this?

are you retarded?

this fucking scene
i remember it was on very often and i'd fully sperg out, turns out my mother taped it because she thought it was funny to watch my reaction

unironically this nightmare fuel right here.

>Those giant all-black eyes
ffs

My dad made me watch this movie when i was in middle school and this scene made me not eat chicken for a long time.

>surprise mothafucka

I was always freaked out at the statue part as a kid.

Rewatching it last year for the first time in like two decades, the movie really goes to shit the moment they stopped following the book.

this scene freaked me out when i was a kid

Fire In the sky abduction scene

the moment they stopped following the book
could you expand on this please

The We're Back! dinosaurs shit where the kids sell their soul to a circus man. And the Brain Drain from the same movie. Fuck that movie.

Thing that scared me shitless inside and out: Any grey alien, like, even a still image of the face. i.4cdn.org/tv/1499076577407.jpg

Thing that did NOT scare me at all: That scene in Fire in the Sky OR the movie Alien

I find the final episode really creepy. It has a very depressing tone and they're basically accepting death.

Really weird tone for a comedy show

rewatched it myself a few weeks ago. Southern Oracle is still my favorite part, but yeah, overall it's pretty trite. But then it's meant for kids, so fair enough.

Love that synth score though.

Southern Oracle was a great moment.

whats this?

Inb4 Return the slab

I remember closing my eyes at that part kek.

This fucking scene

>that filename

>scared shitless by greys
>not scared by guy waking up in spaceship, abducted by greys
Explain yourself.

Good related flick:
youtube.com/watch?v=BJ9Wqw6mCJ0

This fucking movie. Specifically the ending of the cave part (1:20:00). It triggered some "everybody else is robots" kind of paranoia in my childhood.

youtu.be/-fwwEtIZJR0?t=1h20m

'it follows'

I was more scared by jeffrey jones.

So much this..

IT when I was like 4 specifically when the first kid gets killed in the sewer

The Jigsaw puppet when that shit came out

Both of these things have cemented a permanent fear of clowns in me that will never disappear

Yeah, when I watch it as an adult I just think the statues have great racks.

I was already almost a teen when I saw this (my sister is much younger than me), but I still found that fucker unsettling.

many scenes from this, but specially the whole toy store scene

it's one of my favorite animated films though

This movie managed to have some of the scariest and funniest scenes of all Disney, an underrated masterpiece.

yeah. Jaws fucked me up for life
I only hope Jew/Pedo spielbergo is one day held accountable for his crimes

I don't know. Maybe it was how cinematic it was. Not like, say, an episode of Unsolved Mysteries (or shows that followed the same premise but were primarily about alien sightings) where it's all very drab and clinical. And to be fair, the aliens in Fire in the Sky don't look like Greys, they're fleshy clearly biological and their have normal eyes.

>is behind
>move kid, vamonos!

it wasn't even a jump scare, the movie created enough tension with the video (and the crappy tv resolution) that when the alien walks out of the bushes, I remember the whole theater gasping. Great movie.

*taps your back*

youtube.com/watch?v=K4Lx5_gSJbo

shut it down!!!!!

Holy fuck, THIS. RoboCop 2 is the zenith of childhood nightmare fuel.

Fuck yeah, Gooey Gus!

This scene from Fire in the Sky. The first time I saw it as a kid wasn't actually in the film but a documentary about Area 51 where it was presented as a reconstruction of an actual abduction case

the perfect sequel

I cannot believe Nickelodeon used to play this fucked up Cronenbergian movie back in the 90s.

Oh god this movie. When he starts wigging out because he saw the hand pattern of the alien on the window. Fucked up.

as you should
>pedo

india too

Fuck Johnny Cab, that guy gave me nightmares. I always found animatronics unsettling after him.

13th ghost, in particular "The Jackal"

The part that got me was when that one guy gets sliced in half by the door.

>based Ernest scaring the shit out of kids since 1991

My local kiosk had this poster for The Grudge standing in front of the entrance when it became available for rent.

I genuine hated walking past it because it was one of the absolute scariest movies i saw at the time.

this fucking guy

What was the name again?

>not wanting to sleep curled up in your luck dragons fur.
>after he pops the knot out
What are you, gay?

Oldfag here