Why doesn't Sup Forums discuss this show more often...

Why doesn't Sup Forums discuss this show more often. Probably the best animated comedy on CN's [Adult Swim] Airing thingy. Maybe next to Bob's burgers though I'm not sure if that show was made by Adult Swim or just airs on the channel like family guy or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=37SrQdIqKiU
youtube.com/watch?v=g6frKRN2HzI
youtube.com/watch?v=W1Kgl9aqOnI
youtube.com/watch?v=d1NZf1w2BxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5dZAGFKhUFY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're looking for /r/Rick&Morty

I love summer, don't you?

Why not start the thread with a topic worth discussing instead of some meta shit about how we don't talk about some show.

Sup Forums doesn't like talking about shows that are generally well liked by Sup Forums. It ends up just being a topic where the detractors get a chance to vent and people that like it don't do much besides masturbatory congratulations for liking something "good". There's not a whole lot of actual discussion that needs to be done about it.

SUMMER TIME

OOOOOOOOOOOH
OOOOOOOOOOH
OOOOOOOOOH
OOOOOOOOH

LOVIN IN THE SUMMER TIME

Second season had some decent episodes but overall I thought it was rather lacking compared to the first.

Honestly they could have ended the show with the love potion episode (was that the season finale?) and it would have been perfect.

Oh you fag

I thought the season finale was the entire thing with the wedding and Rick going to jail.

Wrong season.

Oh, I guess I misread it since it started the post talking about second season.

Yeah that was my bad, should have said first season finale.

It's a critically acclaimed and well liked show with a large fan base. However, unlike SU it's aimed at adults. Therefore Sup Forums dislikes it since its popular with their demographic and Sup Forums is populated with contrarians.

At some point in the middle of season 2 people decided it was 'reddit' because it got 'too' popular.

Welcome to Sup Forums.

I like this comic user
do you mind if I save it?

Sure you can, but you see there is a 0.50$ fee since that comic is actually my propriety.
I'll send you my paypal data for the trasfer. You can go on and save it now and pay me later, no big worries.

thank you schlomo anonstein
the rent money is past due and my family is starving, but I think I can spare a couple more shekels for you. you did earn it after all. besides, I'm sure it will trickle back down eventually

Season finale was the party with Adolf Lincolm. Season 2 start after they clean the party and unfreeze time.

It's a meme show.

Just as predicted I'm going to take my chance to complain about the show.

I think it's good but I think it's way overhyped by people who think it's the best show ever made, which just makes me think they haven't seen a lot of shows to begin with. I think the animation is pretty bad and the humour can get kind of obnoxious with its "lets insert random gibberish words into things because that's hilarious and witty" jokes that wear thin almost instantly, as well as the jokes that are a lot less smart than the writers think they are and come off as really, I don't know what the right word is here but "reddit-y" which is a shame because the writers can come up with some really clever jokes and concepts and I feel that the characters really aren't that interesting, they mostly just don't make me want to know more about them but just wait until they shut up so something else can happen, I mean are people on this board really invested in Jerry and Beth's marriage? I can't say I am.

Again, I like the show, but I just don't think it's the show a lot of people make it out to be.

unsubstantiated accusations of memery is itself a meme

and you are a memelord, with nothing but meme thoughts in your tiny meme mind

Oh come on, even Sup Forums agrees ASM-2 was hot garbage.

It could be worse, at least it tries to tell a story and have a sense of continuity, as opposed to the dozens of dumb eleven minute stoner shows bloating the channel.

>s well as the jokes that are a lot less smart than the writers think they are and come off as really, I don't know what the right word is here but "reddit-y"
Pretentious?
But yeah while I disagree with you for the most part a lot of what you said are pretty fair criticisms, and even I admittedly get tired of jokes like "IT'S A WHOLE DIMENSIONS ABOUT BUTTS LOL" type of low effort humor shit.

It's fairly overrated honestly. The burping and stuttering is grating, and the characters are pathetic and annoying, not in am endearing way, like Snarf.

The underlying themes of permissive apathetic liberalism and nihilistic absurdity are also distasteful and degredating

I want Jerry to go to this level.

youtube.com/watch?v=37SrQdIqKiU

this isn't accurate at all, I have no idea what reddit likes, all I know is reddit is a boogie man.

The boys vs girls episode they did was really bad

we just had a several day long thread about the show actually

I like it.

It reaches down inside me and gives me the same kind of pleasure that Sealab 2021 did.

For real though, is Dan Harmon into cuckold stuff in real life? I've heard that rumor from a few different places, and he seems to include it in his work at times

I like it.>It reaches down inside me and gives me the same kind of pleasure that My father did.

Yeah, that's how Sup Forums has always worked. At first you try to justify and excuse it, then you just come to accept that it's just how user operates and go along with it.

but then every third episode tries so hard to make you cry. and I do agree, its sad Rick did not successfully kill himself and rid the universe of his evil influence; but not that sad

It's easy to go too far with this mentality though and begin disregarding people's genuine thoughts and opinions though

motherfucker, go in any Reddit thread and post any quote from Rick and Morty, see what happens

To be honest, the whole comic seems more representative of Sup Forums than Sup Forums (many Sup Forumsmrades unironically like the most critically acclaimed superhero films such as The Avengers, Civil War and TDK while also hating films such as BvS).

Not really pretentious but psuedo-intellectual kind of jokes, like the joke about Schodinger's Cat, it just stands out to me because it's the sort of joke that isn't smart but people who think they are smarter than they are would find funny because they think it's obscure and only someone as massively intellectual as them would make and understand when really it's an incredibly accessible joke that anyone can understand just from cultural osmosis of everyone already making the joke a million times before or just Googling it. I'd really expect the show to make fun of people who make Schrodinger's cat jokes rather than earnestly

I don't know what it is but jokes like that really bug me, they just leave me with an "oh, right" feeling in my stomach whenever I see them and a most of the post-cancellation episodes of Futurama left me feeling that too, and it is a lot rarer when they are in Rick and Morty but they just stand out a lot to me because I know the writers can be a lot funnier and more insightful than just basically massaging the ego of its audience.

I don't like it.

We had multiple threads for each episode back when new episodes were coming out, as well as multiple threads for whenever Justin rustled tumblr's jimmies. If you want to talk about something recent, talk about this.

youtube.com/watch?v=g6frKRN2HzI

>Why doesn't Sup Forums discuss this show more often.

We do that when new episodes air.

You might as well ask why Sup Forums doesn't talk about The Venture Bros.

If a show doesn't have new episodes, it's not going to have a lot of threads.

well, that IS the primary roblem. its a high-concept sci-fi show by 2 shmuucks who's scientific education consists of B-movies and cracked articles

It's alright, I think that the first season had better highs but lower lows but was still overall more interesting then the second season. Season two just felt too safe, which is a shame because the first 2 episodes were excellent. It doesn't help that the show really shifted focus from being Rick and Morty to being more like Rick and those other assholes.

There are definitely people on here who are contrarians who dislike the show because it got popular, but overall there's not a lot to discuss until the next season. Even when people do make threads, no one actually wants to discuss the show - just threads like yours, or threads about waifuing Summer/and or girl-Morty

>TFW the show was airing and some user kept saying every thread how terrible Ricks voice was, and was shitposting nonstop about it all the time, and that user ended up being Roiland

The Sup Forums bit is pretty stupid but everything else is pretty spot on.

>Why doesn't Sup Forums discuss this show more often.

I've seen this same line posted before in other Ricky and Morty thread OPs

Fuck off, we discussed it a lot before. I don't give a fuck if it's your favorite show.

I'd watch the fuck out of that episode

youtube.com/watch?v=W1Kgl9aqOnI
youtube.com/watch?v=d1NZf1w2BxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5dZAGFKhUFY
some great fan theories about this show

It's shit.

King of the Hill, Bob's Burgers, American Dad, Aqua Teen, Mike Tyson Mysteries and ESPECIALLY Venture Bros are better than Rick&Morty

There was a thread every day when season two was running and then continuing for like three months afterwards. Sorry you missed it mate.

I'm not knocking their level of scientific knowledge or anything, it's just the jokes that are less of something funny or insightful and just feel like they were yanked out of some obnoxious reply thread on Reddit where they aren't even jokes but just trying to make tortured references to appeal to certain audiences.

It's nothing to do with scientific literacy and I can't even think of good words to describe it but I know exactly when I see it and it is almost always an episode ruiner. Another example is at the end of that episode where the Devil is selling those cursed items and Rick and Summer go around beating up "evil" people, there's nothing funny happening but some of the people that scene appeals to will enjoy it because it's pretty much directly wanking them off.

>84571477
>Underrated post

>Implying Sup Forums isn't right wing precisely because Reddit is liberal

I came to Sup Forums 11 years ago and this place was pretty left-libertarian to anarchist.

>"IT'S A WHOLE DIMENSIONS ABOUT BUTTS LOL"
Wander over Yonder did that right, by the way.

or when rick and cat-girl kill all the rich cat people and dance on their blood?

change Sup Forums for Sup Forums and this is correct

>Wander over Yonder
>Doing something right

Yeah I'd say so. There's nothing really funny happening, unless you both are the direct target of the joke (so in this case people who complain about "the rich being evil" all the time) and don't seem to understand when they are being pandered to.

>that's how Sup Forums has always worked.
No, that's how it's worked for the last 4 years or so now that it's swarming with insecure tweenage hipsters. There were many years where you could discuss all kinds of things without this particular brand X of retardation. The retardation was actually VIP quality as late as 2008.

>Sup Forums was X political thing 11 years ago.
No. You just see it everywhere you go.

I'll let you do that for me. In fact, why don't you stay there?

>I'm so smart. I know better than to like this because it's pandering to people dumber than me. I better keep watching it so I can tell everyone how bad it is.
You're just as manipulated, sperg.

damn my post was deleted. I'm mildly upset.

No, I genuinely like the show, I've said so about 5 times, I can just spot pandering jokes and I think the writers can do and have done better than that. I don't sit around thinking I'm the smartest person ever and that I will watch what the peasants are watching so I can make fun of it later to my fellow erudites.

Are you upset that you laughed at a joke and someone else on the internet thought it was pandering or something?

You get used to it, m8. They do it for free, after all.

>I can spot pandering. I'm so smart, just like Rick. I better tell everyone.
You are pathetic.

>people with different opinions than me JUST THINK THEY ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN ME
And you seem to be retarded

>recognizing what someone wants you to do
>Not doing it
>being manipulated
How retarded are you?

Kys weebposter scum

I don't think this is right at all.

This may sound odd, but I've always felt like Sup Forums has had an underlying ideal of equality that's completely insane and doesn't make any sense, but user keeps trying to achieve it anyway. A lot of people mistake it for hating just for the sake of hating, but I think it's something else entirely. Like, if the site sees something is popular, it feels that this is somehow getting in the way of objectivity, so it turns around and starts trying to counter-balance it with hate. If something is hated to the point of harming objectivity, they'll flip to the opposite site and start trying add popularity. I think what user ultimately wants is zero.

It's the same with Sup Forums. They think affirmative action has gotten to the point where minorities have gained an unfair advantage, so they think promoting racism will somehow cause the two to cancel each other out. If things went too far and minorities were actually being treated unfairly in their eyes, they'd swap sides. They'll just keep going back and forth forever, until things have become even and "fair". But what they consider fair is too out-there to be realistically achievable, so they're just in an endless cycle.

I think this mentality is somehow derived from the site's format itself. Since there are no names, things like reputation aren't factored into a post's content, making any post judged primarily by its content. It's "fair" because it's equal.

But that's just my take on it. Hating popular things is some kind of warped idealism rather than something being done just for the sake of it.

What is there to talk about? It's pretty shallow

it was definitely further left-leaning back then, especially /r9k/. I mean, the original /r9k/, before it became the poopoo pepe board or whatever it is now.

>23M

christ

Poopoo pepe disappeared several months ago. Last time I visited it was just feels stuff, normie hating and a lot of bait everywhere, but it still has more normies than it should.

>No season 3
>only thing new is Pocket Mortys and that barely warrants its own thread here

What bizarro Sup Forums are you posting on where Rick and morty threads aren't made several times daily

totally untrue
Sup Forums fucking hates ASM and I wouldn't call constant 400 post MoS shit fests as liking it

yeah pretty much

Contrarian. That's the word you're looking for. Read a book.

So, what's everyone's favorite [as] show?