Best comics for gunfights? In terms of the quality of the gunfights I mean. Regardless of the quality of the comic

Best comics for gunfights? In terms of the quality of the gunfights I mean. Regardless of the quality of the comic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o
exhentai.org/g/636689/9c5562d68f/
danbooru.donmai.us/pools/4129
exhentai.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=KpI1YhdxQdg
youtube.com/watch?v=U9FzgsF2T-s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Punisher Max.

Doesn't exist, stick to animu

Army of Darkness, fucking duh.

Has anyone ever edited the scene in OP's gif to Rob Zombie like in the manga?

wat.

Probably some westerns? I'm just guessing though. I can't actually think of any specifically. Does anyone know any westerns with quality shootouts?

This looks kind of retarded.

- Naja (Magnetic Press)
- Gun Candy (12-Gauge Comics)
- Body Bags (Dark Horse Comics & Image Comics)
- 100 Bullets (DC/Vertigo)
- Super-Patriot (Image Comics)

Mitch Gerads draws good shootouts.

>Mitch Gerads

The guy that did Punisher?

Yeah, but he does other comics too.

The gunfights in his Punisher run were really cool but that run goes off the rails quickly so be warned.

Also if you're willing to put up with capeshit Batman #43 had a really gorgeous shootout.

Hitman had cool shootouts too but they're usually pretty wacky, dunno if that's what you're looking for.

Is there any good stuff that's more Rainbow 6 than John Woo?

OP, Punisher MAX is probably going to have the closest thing you want to things like the 4Fs or ambush tactics. But anything really detailed would slow the action down.

Also, I had so many high hopes for Black Lagoon until I realizef it was Gun Dance Off: The Anime.

>4Fs

wat.

The Activity?

Find. Fix. Flank. Finish.

>Body Bags

This is one of those comics that seemed like it COULD have been a masterpiece.

I still like Black Lagoon a lot. Girls of that series are the best

>A series about time traveling Demon zombies that can only be stopped by a guy with a Chainsaw for a hand.

The manga is fucking one of the best ever.

Bullets are longer than that.
There's not enough surface area for the case to hold it or for the rifling to impart spin.
That thing would tumble like a flipped penny.

Why the fuck does manga have better gunfights than American comics?

But it doesn't.

How the fuck are we supposed to answer as subjective a question as that? Why do you prefer the color blue over green, user?

It really fucking does though. Like it's not even close.

The Last Days of American Crime

Army of Darkness is cool, but it isn't really gun fighting, more like demon hunting.

Already read it and liked it. I'm the guy who recommended Mitch Gerads earlier in the thread.

>Why do you prefer the color blue over green, user?
Because he has shit taste
Don't get me wrong blue is a great color but it can't hold a candle to green only thing that can even come close is purple

Punisher MAX is also full of plot armor and Hollywood bullshit.

It's not subjective tought. While comics have been masturbating over superheroes for decades, manga have been describing reality in a more detailed way.

Because manga typically does action better than western comics

Unless you're looking for realism, you're not going to find better gunfights than Gunsmith Cats

>no one mentioned the losers
shame on you, /co

No really, in the manga she kills the shit out of those guys while listening to Electric Head. A few other songs later too, but they couldn't afford to license them for the show.

>Why the fuck does manga have better gunfights than American comics?
>Because manga typically does action better than western comics
I have to say it's also because usually when some mangaka is doing a manga or doujin about gunfights, they're usually a weaponsfag and know all about guns and put tons of detail into the writing and art.

In western comics there's usually a different writer and different artist and since they're probably just some employees for a bigger company they usually don't know shit and guns to them are just two blocks that people use to kill each other.

>Also, I had so many high hopes for Black Lagoon until I realizef it was Gun Dance Off: The Anime.
And that's a problem becaussssse...?

True, but occasionally you get some flashes of actual theory and firearms knowledge alongside the machismo, stupidity, and hyperbolic political commentary.

> [Preference] is not subjective though.

Oh you, always such a kidder.

> Manga better describes reality
> Uses a picture from a comic where a 19-year-old owns and has mastered every firearm in the world. Oh, and she's also a bounty hunter who takes down terrorists for her day job.

To be fair, outside of westerns, the odd military/tactical movie, or Tom Clancy/Chris Ryan novels, I don't know of much fiction accurately concerned with 'operating', especially in comics.

was right though. Gunsmith Cat's does have some awesome gun fights for being written by a Nipponese who has likely never handled let alone shot a firearm in his life.

Ghost in the Shell had some good shoot outs as well, but I don't know if the manga compares.

I went in expecting more Ghost in the Shell than Trigun. Not saying it was a bad comic, just not my cup of tea.

Because America digs the fuck out of standing still an firing a machine gun.

Black Lagoon's gunfights are cheating OP. The entire anime is centered around the. Also Roberta is best girl.

>Army of Darkness
>Retarded.
You sir have no taste.

WHO RULES!

Hell yeah
youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o

Too bad they still can't do faces right.
Look at that fucking eyeball and tell me where it's supposed to be oriented on her face.
And don't give me that "it's a style" bullshit either. This artist probably spent hours getting every detail on that gun just right but couldn't take a minute to make sure that chick's eye wasn't sticking out the side of her face.
Also that gun's handle looks like it's been drawn at a different angle than the rest of it's body.
Also fuck you.

There are three things in this world that Kenichi Sonoda loves. Guns, American muscle cars and lolis.

>There will never be a scence as awesome as the bar introduction in the first episode of Trigun
Feels bad man

>don't know if the manga compares.
Masamune Shirow does some of my favorite fight sequences in all of comics in GiTS and Appleseed

Too bad the show was wasted on a gun toting pacifist. Might as well have just called it 'Kenshin Goes West'.

Pic related would have made a better protag.

So did Millie and the Preacher man fuck?

It's a style :^)

>Also that gun's handle looks like it's been drawn at a different angle than the rest of it's body.

What handle? Are you talking about the disassembled barrel? Do you even recognize what that gun is or you think every gun is an AR15?

Yes. The important question is if she got pregnant so he will live on

If you like Vietnam war stuff, Punisher: Born was a pretty good read, even if Frank was a little more off-kilter than usual.

> Vash's pacifism is what gets Wolfwood killed
Show sending mixed messages

Way to miss the entire point of the series.

>usually when some mangaka is doing a manga or doujin about gunfights, they're usually a weaponsfag and know all about guns and put tons of detail into the writing and art.
>In western comics there's usually a different writer and different artist and since they're probably just some employees for a bigger company they usually don't know shit and guns to them are just two blocks that people use to kill each other.
This might be bigger than guns. I think what you're saying is that mangaka have more creative freedom and write the shit they draw, which means they can infuse their work with shit they're passionate about. Just at the offset, there's going to be more care put into manga.

This makes me even sadder about the state of western comics.

I think the problem is that her hair breaks up the stock shape, creating the illusion that the perspective is off.

No he was clearly talking about the dissasembled barrel, showing he knows nothing and spit shit out of his mouth. Everything else is just nitpicking.

>the state of western comics.

Just the Big 2, plenty of passion being but into comics at other publishers. Emma Rios has a fencing instructor review her fight choreography in Pretty Deadly

>Running around while firing a machine gun.
>Completely fucking up your aim.

Weeb fights are /way/ too flashy.

but they can, lots of them anyway, Most really good Japanese artists actually do draw from real life but animu style is what's popular and what everyone enjoys so they go to that once they feel they're good enough. When they don't they usually nuke their Pixivs which gets annoying after the 4th time.

I think its less creative freedom and more that anyone can have a chance to publish doujins and maybe mangas there if it gets popular enough.

People who have a story they want to tell can tell it, car fags can do things like Initial D, sports fags can do what they want, even ping pong has a chance.

It can even be super niche and still become popular, maybe because people like hearing someone who is passionate about something to a ridiculous degree.
>Captcha is cars
Initial D for example, I give no fuck about cars but that anime made me care.

100% Groovy

Do you realize she is blowing in the barrel so the mouth is not central and that's why the left eyes seems off?

Nah dude, the perspective looked fucky to me too til I stared at it for a while and got a grasp on what the shapes were supposed to be. It has nothing to do with gun knowledge. People can criticize stuff that has guns in it without knowing anything about guns. It's okay user, you don't have to be a gun. You choose.

It's been nearly a decade since I read it, so let me amend my post:

If you are a super powered living weapon thing written by an author who doesn't believe characters should die easily in action movies, feel free to practice pacifism. You'll probably make it out okay by loving your enemies.

Anybody else will just eat a bullet and die while only being more interesting and plausible given the setting.

>he criticize the drawing because the "handle" seems detached from the body
>the "handle" is actually detached from the body and is intentional

He's opinion is invalid, end of the discussion.

intended for

>i just want pretty faces, fuck good action

you are why comics are boring

I see it as a dilemma similar to the one in the Iron Giant. The main character is, by nature, a weapon. However, he struggles with trying to chose to not be a weapon. In this case, Vash decides to utilize his violent nature in a nonlethal way. The manga and anime never explicitly state that what Vash is doing is indeed the right thing, and in fact there are many instances where Vash's pacifism only makes the situation worse. I think that's what I liked so much about Trigun. It shows an MC who isn't always in the right, and who almost always pays for being wrong. It isn't a story about pacifism as much as it is about sticking to your principles.

Source?

Artist is Imizu, a big gunfag, he does a lot of touhou doujins, that being one of them, you can read it here. exhentai.org/g/636689/9c5562d68f/ or here
danbooru.donmai.us/pools/4129

He's pretty gud, wish he did Girls und Panzer doujins though instead of just fanart

>exhentai.org/
Is it NSFW?

Not this doujin, but he's done one or two lewd ones before.

This guy gets it.

So, do you think he killed Knives in the end or not? I thought it was obvious he did when I first saw it, then years later I found out some people actually believe he just wounded him... somehow. The bit where he tells Ren's anime-horizon-ghost that he will always remember her, but that he needs to make his own choices now seemed pretty clear.

>but animu style is what's popular and what everyone enjoys
We're cracking the code here, boys. Artists gotta make compromises to gain an audience.

Japs gotta draw big-eyed freaks to bring in the readers; otherwise they can do what they want, including making it black and white to keep cost down and speed up production.

Murricans HAVE TO draw uncanny valley body builders in full-color spandex fighting alien gods with their eye-lasers.

In short, we should all go buy black and white comix.

I am still mad about Burst

But i like that style, it doesnt have to look like fucking actually human.

I like that, it looks kinda cool

Its a ''Sup Forums makes a troll thread on Sup Forums so just he can fellate animu and mangos as the superior form of entertainment'' episode

this is dumb as fuck, holy shit.

100 Bullets is pretty good in my opinion.

...user. You're on a forum where a guy in a bat suit fights crazed clowns and ninjas on a daily. Come on.

Yup. It loses steam towards the end and is left pretty fucking open.

>as the superior form of entertainment

Not at all. I just think manga has a tendency to do action scenes better than Western comics on the whole, but there are plenty of Western artists who do great fight scenes like Frank Quiely, Michel Fiffe, James Harren, or Emma Rios

youtube.com/watch?v=KpI1YhdxQdg

But it's terrible caricature that shows the artist has almost no knowledge of human anatomy. You can like animu blobs if you want, but that still doesn't change that they're mechanically mediocre.

I understand that the ending didn't really answer some of the more important questions in the series, but I thought it did a really good job regardless. That final scene of Graves cradling Dizzy was some powerful stuff.

True but damn I had this feeling that she'd inherit the mantel. Then boom crippled and bleeding out!

>CoD

Why?

Outside of the western and war genres and Punisher there's, uh...

... uh...

It has Larry Hama writing so it's worth a glance at least.

for some reason I want to see Black Lagoon vs Predator

>94 replies and no one has brought up that the king of shooters got his own series.

I'm ashamed in all of you. Should I storytime?

Yes!

Ask and you shall receive user. youtube.com/watch?v=U9FzgsF2T-s