Unsounded

Back from hiatus with a POV switch.

Whats with all the niggers?

Pretty girly page.

>capitalizing the W
baka

Am I the only one who finds Duane adorable? Face-bugs and all?

Sette's ready to shank.

Why's Jivi gotta hate?

Nah, he's grade-A husbando material. I actually find glamoured zombie Duane more attractive than living Duane.

>saves your ass multiple times
>just going to ditch him
This is why you're a cuck, you filthy fucking plat.

Holy shit that little nigga got a Jotaro thing goin' on.

Life's too short to spend in the company of deluded undead constructs.

So let me get this straight. Quiggs is willing to take Jivi, the teenager with no fighting or pymary skills, but not Duane, the tacit-casting undead genius wright that also knows kung fu?

Right!? Holy crap, thank you. I've been wondering if it was just me that felt that way - and then wondering if it was wrong for feeling it.

To be fair, his son seems fond of him. Though he is fond of pretty much everyone, Jivi isn't an abomination that spits in the face of Quiggly's religion

Living Duane looked like a background character in an RPG. Glamoured zombie Duane looks like a jaded antihero.

the undead bit is a big deal breaker for him.

He's gonna need someone to take care of his spawn when he kicks it anyway. Might as well be the undead nigga that Matty already likes

And his qt rapable sidekick? Just give me 15 hours alone with sette

There's also the all-important point that Quigley is an asshole, a proud one at that. Duane kicked his ass and I'll bet anything he's still sore about it.

She'll bite it off m8.

He's still probably confident he can handle all the fighting himself if it comes to that, so he's picking his travel companions based on who he'd rather spend several days on a river with. Jivi, the biddable youth, or Duane, the sermonizing patriot. Jivi's also pretty well traveled, which in a fiction story means he's chock full of useful trivia about wherever you happen to be or are going. Duane might be handy in a fight but Quigley's pride and religion can't abide Duane's assistance or mere presence.

Are we ever going to see sette growing up to be an older teen(15 or 16)? or she is going to stay as loli forever

It's all kind of a moot point, isn't it? They're all going to travel together anyway, despite Quigley's hemming and hawing. It's the natural direction of all their characters at this point. Or, if they DO get separated, I'll wager it won't be for long.

>Am I the only one
The answer is always no. Stop asking.

Gee, Bill! Your webcomic lets you have TWO memers?

>covering Sette's feet with cheap tricks like panel cuts and fences
The shark has been jumped. Dropped

> (OP)
>>covering Sette's feet with cheap tricks like panel cuts and fences

..what?

Is there something wrong with her feet?

No, there's something wrong with footfags.

The people saying that Duane's undeadness is an affront to Quigs religion are wrong. Geffies aren't against plods, the saelits like Dwayne are. Quigs is Geffendur but afaik doesn't care about any gods (anymore).

is Sette seriously not gonna tell him about Bastion? why?

Looks like she's ready with her knife in case he shows up.

Yes she's BEEN a loli since forever read along user

Sette still doesn't quite get that Duane would never really fight her, and consequently probably wouldn't ever fight her dad either unless he learned about how incredibly shitty he probably acts to her. At this point, she doesn't want to have to talk about how Bastion was always behind their plan and clue Duane in more about how much she's been playing him. There's probably also a healthy amount of guilt and shame mixed in that's preventing her from telling him too, despite herself.

Two fucking memers!

Not if I punch out her teeth

Jesus Christ, user.

She would kill your pathetic ass long before you could.

She'll stab out your balls before you can :^)

Duane would skin you alive, then probably eat you.

Kids hide stuff when they think it might get them in trouble.

the fuck, dude

I still don't understand how does Godzilla Pepe work.

Actually, they literally explain it.

Uaid is a crazy magic cyborg. The machinery parts of him essentially expand his first material nature, which I think is First Earth?, to other things around him. This not only included the machinery itself, but even other earth. We see Quigley fiddling with it earlier.

A normal Uaid wouldn't have any machinery at all, and would just be a giant naked turtle man, I guess. But given Uaid's magitech, cyborg nature, he can repair himself using normal earth because the machinery makes it act like First Earth.

What you said is literally a verbose version of this guy's picture

But see, the key difference is magic in Unsounded has a logical construction to it. Even if, in Ashley's own words, good stories and interesting magic is more important that making it totally explanatory. At least so far as it comes this situation, the detailed rules of the magic in this universe hold.

It's not the like the Speedforce where it's a power source, but also something created by a user of it, and also a source of clothing, and fucking heaven all at the same time with no real explanation. Magic in Unsounded has concrete rules to it and its nature as a science is integral to the plot of the story. Duane's lichdom is and the reasons for it and consequences it are fundamental to the plot. So much so that we've apparently already gotten a good amount of hints about how it all works, according to Ashley when someone tried to decipher it all once.

This all goes against the basic idea of the DnD cartoon DM meme, where the explanation is just "there is no explanation, it was just magic with no rules, don't worry about it." That there is a verbose explanation of the magic is the opposite end of that continuum.

that's actually one of my main problems with Unsounded, it's got a massive amount of detail put in the world, but most of it is in supplemental materials, from the wiki to Ashley's twitter posts. So if you only read the comic, you're just thrown into the story and a lot of stuff comes out of left field, requiring you to go to the internet to make sense of it. I guess that's alright if you're a fan, but to a casual villa- I mean casual reader it's quite alienating.

I suppose so. Personally, it's never bothered me and I didn't bother looking into anything until I had already caught up with the story. I've always been pretty accommodating to this sort of story, and my desire to know more than what had been presented in story so far drove me to look stuff up. And I never felt like that was a bad thing, or that things didn't make sense until I did. I suppose I just trusted that there was an explanation given the tone of the story the quality of it, so I was willing to accept that the explanation itself was not in the story itself just yet.

I can't really comment on how it works out for the general reader. Obviously, the story itself didn't provide enough for you and I can't really disregard that. For what it's worth, Ashley has said she never intends for the wiki or tumblr/old-ass-formspring-or-whatever-it-was to be necessary. That everything important to understanding the story will be in the comic itself eventually, introduced more naturally as part of the narrative. (For example, someone once speculated that Duane being a tacit caster was important to him being turned into what he is. Ashley basically confirmed this in a reply. And recently, we've seen Bastion in story say that he became interested in the hit on Duane when he was told he was a tacit caster.) And when it comes to this particular situation, with Uaid, that is one of the things directly touched upon and explained in story as part of both a character building flashback and as part of explaining how the magic of the world works to the reader.

We've probably had this conversation before, so I'm sure you (and the others like you) are tired of us saying that everything that matters should eventually be available in the story itself. I should really give Unsounded another, more thorough reread to see what actually gets introduced in-story and where.

Which one of you was this?

>everything that matters should eventually be available in the story itself

There's a problem with "eventually" in serialized works. If you have a printed book where some important, but non-evident concept is used on page 5 and explained on page 105, it's alright, but in a webcomic that could take months if not years, by which point the reader has either forgot, made up his own theories, or just believes in , and has to re-read from page 5 to make sense of it with the new explanation. And this problem is very hard to see for the author, since from their POV the story existed as a whole this entire time.

Why was she wearing so much bandages?

Crescians gonna cresce

>Jivi isn't an abomination that spits in the face of Quiggly's religion
Quigley is geffendur, they don't have problems with plods, it's the ssaelits (Duane) that do.

So Quigley lie? Why bother at all and not just say no.

Go away Starfish, you're dead.

Girl's got trust issues out the wazoo thanks to Nary.

that being said, Duane doesn't needto be undead to spit in the face of Quiggs' religion, he did it all the time when he was alive too.
I mean, when you shout THE GODS ARE DEAD at fuckers in the street, most people aren't gonna like being around you too much