Baby Driver

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/448901/baby-driver-almost-great-beguiled-hipsterdom-last-knight-pyrotechnics
youtu.be/lkfKGzX7rEw
youtu.be/hyjuN6AIbpE
youtube.com/watch?v=dfrcZsKcVxU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no.

That beginning Subaru chase scene had my heart beating like crazy. I haven't been that excites watching a movie in a very long time.

Loved it

I want more movies like this to come out. It was actually very entertaining. And i love how they sync things with music.

I refuse to watch this. Babies can't drive.

Reddit senpai

>I baby drive

A rhapsodic heist kino.

Not realistic, but absolutely visually and audibly pleasing.

it was decent. the car chase scenes were good, as well as the action scenes. i didnt really find the love interest or general plot between he and spaceys character too compelling. but the movie did a great job of building anticipation. the diner scene was kino as well.

The opening chase shadowed all the other action scenes.

>I'm baby, y'know like infant

Not as good as the trailers made it seem, but still pretty solid.

It's a shame they desensitized us to the stunts by putting the best ones in the trailer
This
Also Debora a cute

That was the only good car chase in the movie I felt like.

I watched it again last night and I noticed the Monster's Inc line more so this time. I think it was that same sequence of channel flipping he skipped by something saying he tried to finish it on horseback but had to finish it on foot. So that explains the ending. I know people won't like it still but I think it's an explanation/cop out/foreshadowing for the finale.

Darling's cop fighting technique sucked.
But Buddy going off on the cops in rhythm after she died was incredible.

nationalreview.com/article/448901/baby-driver-almost-great-beguiled-hipsterdom-last-knight-pyrotechnics

>While Baby Driver’s crime plot is routine (riffing on The Usual Suspects), Wright’s movie and song references should return audiences to the principles that post-Tarantino culture has lost. Or have we been Occupied, Antifa’d and Fergusoned so harshly that the young generation Wright addresses enjoys only the shock of violence and no longer cares about the cultural heritage based on those non-Tarantino virtues: connection, respect, obligation, civility, and love?
>Baby’s white-boy innocence is the opposite of the seething menace represented by Foxx, Hamm, and Jon Bernthal’s Griff, revealing the conspicuous, audience-pampering, and ethnic cop-outs of most Hollywood entertainment.
>Baby Driver might have equaled Breathless, Bonnie & Clyde, and Chinatown had Wright not peppered Baby’s crime spree with so many cute asides (or repeated several testimonies to the kid’s decency). His music cues and music-based sound design finally become glib and self-congratulatory (unlike the moving way a single pop song connected generations in the Mexican film Güeros).
>Though not as meretricious as the culture remixing by that innocent amoral idiot Tarantino, Wright is essentially shallow, which is akin to what made Paul Simon a gifted yet minor artist.
>I wanted Baby Driver to be great, but Wright doesn’t risk tragedy as Breathless, Bonnie & Clyde, and Chinatown did. Instead, Baby Driver caters to the blinkered, solipsistic state of our present-day culture; it’s an Asperger’s masterpiece.

I'm not sure how I feel about the characters.

Debora was a dimwit love interest.
Kevin Spacey seems to have new motivations at the flip of a coin.
Babys dialogue never sounded badass, just talked smack
I could go on. Realistic character development wasn't part of their focus, as the film only wanted to tell a fun tale.

Saw it last night, really enjoyed it, great character driven movie, great music, good time

>Still not in our cinemas

It was ok. The ending was dumb. No way she would have waited.

>implying she wasn't banging Chads while he was gone

Theater fucking ruined the experience.

On top of the most obnoxious gay male couple behind me guffawing at every line, the speakers were so loud that every getaway/drive scene was inaudible, which normally in an action movie wouldn't matter much, but this time around its different.

John Wick 2's opening was also inaudibly loud.
Fuck this theater.

That's exactly what he's implying, actually

What theater? Put them on blast.

I went to a Regal and the audio mix was superb.

Yeah, the opening I experienced at a dolby atmos theater was fucking nauseating. Reminded me of the time I saw The Dark Knight Rises and hearing bane talk. Abysmal.

Buddy did nothing wrong. Baby got his wife killed, he deserved vengeance.

Also I went to Georgia State and seeing all that Georgia State shit everywhere triggered my PTSD.

I'm going to sacrifice myself for you because you're in love even though I threatened to kill you and everyone you love if you didn't do the job you just intentionally fucked up

It seemed more like laying down suppressing fire. She wasn't aiming and in that situation you really can't. They were surrounded and she was pinning down the cops until they had an escape. She went out like a gangster. Scarface shit. Buddy had an advantage only after her death, him "seeing red".

Exactly, what the fuck was that? Kevin Spacey should have shot him and his girl right there for killing leon and fucking over his job

I think it was just an empty threat to coerce Baby. He wouldn't have to literally do any of that shit and he knew it because Baby was already under his thumb. He just had to say to it to get him back in his grasp.

I'm really grasping at straws with this one but I think it could fit. As far his him turning though that was unwarranted and sudden.

I think it could have been fine if Baby had him at gunpoint at the beginning of the scene and then once they got to the garage Spacey just did it because it was likely he was going to die anyway

I'm jealous, my theatre was way too quiet. It was pretty underwhelming but I still loved the movie.

This is the mirror world of STOP, INVINCIBLE SON

GO, VULNERABLE BABY BOY

See something in Dolby Cinema or whatever equivalent they have in your area. It's fucking loud as shit. I like the bigger screen but the sound I'm not that big a fan of when it's too loud and they don't do it properly.

While the opening chase is great, I thought the foot chase was the best action sequence in the film.

I want to know more about black ex-marine contractor. Why did he have a fn five seven and a full auto mp5k in his truck? What kind of project was he working on inside the building ? These are important questions, people!

>that homage to Reservoir Dogs and Heat in one sequence

Those were just his personal carry pieces. Pretty typical for a good ol' boy in the South. He was probably just stopping by at the ATM to get cash for more ammo on his way to the range.

He was obviously insurance for the transporter. It would make sense for a bank to have him if things went south.

I still like to think he was just a regular dude minding his own business but just happened to be strapped to the teeth because America and saw an opportunity to soldier up.

you should ask to see the manager and tell them to the speakers go to shit when it gets loud. They'll take you seriously and appreciate it and it'll help with your anxiety dealing with someone you don't haveto deal with

it wasn't meant to be taken seriously

it was exactly what I expected - a good movie only ruined by cringy shit like the whole earphone-music thing with the constant dialogue references to the soundtrack. Ironic that Spider-man 3 was lambasted over one hilariously over-the-top music dancing scene when this did the same thing but actually took it seriously. I think a majority of people have subclinical autism so they're not able to appreciate unobvious humor.

Was Baby the actual antagonist of the movie? Because that's how it feels.

LITERALLY every single bad thing that happened on the film was directly linked to his weak force of personality. Am I really expected to root against Buddy for going after the guy who's personally responsible for getting his wife killed?

Post best songs about babies.

youtu.be/lkfKGzX7rEw
youtu.be/hyjuN6AIbpE

Baby was raised by Spacey. Spacey got what he deserved

>Baby shows up
>does his job perfectly
>HEY BABY WHY YOU LIKE THAT HUH WHY YOU LIKE MUSIC HUH I'LL FUCKING SHOOT YO BABY EVEN THOUGH YOU DID NOTHING WRONG YOU JUST AGITATE ME BECAUSE I'M A FUCKING PSYCHO HUH BABY

I don't understand why everybody jumped up his ass, he was like the reverse of Sean Bean's motormouth loser faggot from Ronin

WHERE THE FUCK CAN I WATCH IT ITS LITERALLY NOWHERE AND I HAVE NO ACCESS TO PRIVATE TRACKERS

Buddy did nothing wrong desu

At your local cinema.

""no"", i want to watch it in the comfort of my home seat

I doubt your home is as comfy as Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime.

and i never doubted that your mother is a whore, i dont give a fuck what you doubt about just SOMEONE POST A FUCKING LINK

>hurr where can I find rips of movies with no DVD or web release

This board has an age minimum.

I enjoyed when he was on foot after the final heist went fuck up. Soundtrack was kinda bad, the songs just aren't that good. I miss comfy English towns and not boring ass California

I've got no problem with her strategy during the foot chase, but in her death scene she was just standing there when she could easily have gotten behind a car.

lick, lick, lick my balls!

I don't know why Kevin Spacey kept bringing Jamie Foxx back when it was readily apparent that he was out of his mind. Did none of them tell Spacey about all the needless murders he committed? Baby was perfect for a criminal enterprise and even Jon Hamm and his wife got the job done with minimal problems, and they were cokeheads.

It was in Atlanta.

Even worse

Is this part of the boss baby or drive franchise?

who?

r _ _ _ _ _

I haven't seen the film but I checked out the soundtrack and was pretty disappointed.

Yeah it's no Guardians 1 or 2 soundtrack but it really does mesh well with the action of the movie.

Can you elaborate on that? It didn't ruin the movie for me or anything, but it was completely out of character for him to do that. It didn't seem to be for comedic effect either

>friends all saw it
>tell me I look exactly like MC, to the T
>told me it's basically what they think my life is like
should I see it?

you look like ansel elgort? c-can you send me wienie pics?

I will never understand how this guy liked suicide squad. There isn't a worse movie.

>you look like ansel elgort?
actually yeah, it's really fucking weird. even my mother thought a picture of him was a picture of me, fucking odd dude
but no im not sending you dick pics you homo

Where can I buy Baby's jacket? It kinda makes him look like Han Solo. I think it will look good on my coat rack next to my scorpion jacket.

Are you slow?

no, why?

Did he have autism?

Sociopathic tendencies, maybe a hormone imbalance to explain his mood swings.

Just checking.

>drive but skipping the Sup Forums phase and going straight for reddit
No thanks.

thanks, you too

why don't they explain what happened to jamie foxx's 2 missing fingers?

Why did they bring back Hamm/Foxx/female at all when he said that he doesn't use the same group twice?

Stop trying to make this happen, it's not going to happen

Technically it was a different crew since they hadn't all worked together.

I'm a girl can I have wienie pics now

Kevin Spacey's character just changes his mind constantly so that's probably why.

reddit doesnt even like it very much, they dont understand that movies are all about style yet

The action scenes were pretty cool, I liked the shootout in the warehouse to the tequila song, and how much of the film was rhythmically edited. I didn't really like Baby that much, especially when he was dancing to his music, he came off as showoffy and annoying. Spacey becoming all soft and sentimental at the end made no sense at all, and the ending was pretty cheesy imo. I liked Jaime Foxx surprisingly, and John Hamm was pretty decent too. It's like a 7. The hype around Mad Max felt a little more deserved, despite that it too was overrated. And I felt that in general he was just doing his own take on what Refn did with Drive before it, that movie actually being quite good imo.

It seems like all the stuff they said connected together in some way, but I feel like I'm missing the whole picture still.

Like Bats saying "once you catch feelings you're dead" leading to Spacey's character's death, Bats dying the same way he killed everyone else (halfway off screen and sudden), Buddy "seeing red" for Baby after Darling talked about it, etc. Feel like I missed a lot though, anyone else catch more of that stuff?

Rather, no way she wouldn't have ended up in prison.

>you're caught literally trying to drive a suspected criminal, a suspected armed robber and murderer no less, out of the state
>this doesn't make you an accessory to all his crimes

I would have liked the movie alot better if it had ended in a bitter-sweet manner with both of them in prison at the end. If Tarantino had made it they would have both ended up in prison.

Baby really didn't deserve a happy ending, imo. Got too many people killed.

Actually I'm a redditor and reddit is cumming itself hard over this movie.

Tarantino did make this movie and it ended with one of them bleeding out in the others arms as cops surrounded the building.

I was expecting Baby to say Bats shot first and for Spacey to whack him without hesitation. Would have been better.

Exactly.

Ah but I liked Bats' actual death better, just the Hitman in me

Bats was likely getting whacked after the job regardless. Same situation as JD earlier in the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=dfrcZsKcVxU

Noticing this video in the movie won me over.

The Mad Man and his wife liked Baby. Made me feel bad when she died and Mad Man started seeing red.

>it’s an Asperger’s masterpiece.
kek

I disagree with Armond but always enjoy reading what he has to say

Why didn't the movie end with Miles walking into a thrift store and seeing a scorpion jacket?