So how much prep time would Batman need to defeat Spider-Man?

So how much prep time would Batman need to defeat Spider-Man?

Assume that to make it more balanced, Spider-Man gets the same amount of prep time and that although he isn't Batman levels of genius, he is no dumbshit.

Exactly as much as the writer who was told by editorial to write Batman's victory decided is needed.

Spider-Man's spider sense can be disrupted to someone else's advantage. Bat takes this. If this was random encounter Spidey would take it.

>implying peter is not smarter than bruce

>although he isn't Batman levels of genius
Source?

Spider-Man is smarter than Batman, as well as being stronger, faster, tougher, pre-cognizant, is better at coming up with plans on the fly, is more tenacious, has a stronger will, has better ground and aerial movement, and is resistant to anything Batman could possibly have. He is also fearless so that makes Batman a lot weaker in comparison.

He's also far better looking and more charming, so after he beat his ass he'd fuck his women, because bitches love Spidey.

Death Battle said he has an IQ of only 200

Also Spidey can dodge bullets oh and also assuming he doesn't pull his punches Bats would be a greasy smear.

>Death Battle

...and? I provided my source, let's hear yours.

I thought it was funny. S'all.

/thread

>autism mode activate

With prep time is too vague. For Batman, something gets added that almost no other hero gets the advantage of: actually knowing about his/her opponent. When you say Batman with prep time, you really mean, Batman already knows about his opponent and is preparing. It seems implied, but almost no other hero, when facing Batman, gets this same implication, at least not to the same degree. So while Batman knows every weakness and the time Spider-Man takes a dump every Wednesday, all Spider-Man gets is "ehhh, prep time wouldn't do much against Batman" or "Batman would have prepped for that too".

Really the best representation of a spontaneous fight that still shows Batman's awareness/preparation is when he faced Superman in Justice League: War. He was visibly getting his ass kicked. He had no true way of stopping Superman, but Batman did at least learn enough about his opponent to be able to prevent Superman from beating him into the ground. So really, assuming Batman somehow got some information about Spider-Man, it'd look like that.

Spider-Man would dodge and toss Batman around, right before Spider-Man goes for some finishing blow, Batman says his name, Spider-Man pauses for a second, and after clearing up the confusion, go about their merry way fighting crime together.

Batman vs Spider-Man is easily one of the most autistic match ups ever...like what, because they're both animal themed? That's the reasoning? Marvel has plenty of characters that are actually in the same character class as Batman despite not having an animal shape on their chest

Might as well match up Captain America and Superman because they're both blue

The reasoning is they're both the biggest names of their respective publishers, probably. Doesn't take much to figure that out.

Yeah foreal

Everything you stated is false, though.

Spidey is far faster, far stronger, and he can dodge most anything because spidey sense.
It's not even close.

Spotted the butthurt batfag. Spidey is ten times the hero and fighter Batcuck could ever be.

>Death Battle
>Source

Less than an hour. And I'm not being ironic. Batman has a lot of crazy stuff that would let him reduce Peter to red mist.

Who would give a better heart to heart between Cap and Supes?

Cap.

All it would take is one hit from Spider-Man for Batman to be dead

Then again, Batman cheating his way out of losing is basically his super power....making this whole thing fucking stupid.

Who wins based on ability? Spider-Man

Who wins in a situation where they can be written to win no matter what? Batman

>Spidey THWIP's
>"fuck me, I can't reach my utility belt"
>Bats chop through the webs with some ass pull boomerang out of his fucking glove of course, because god damn Batman always has a fucking ass pull
>Spidey quips, "Hey, I told you to stay still mister!" or something like that
>hits him with prolonged THWIP's, goos up his head and shit, ties up his hands
>Batman can't do ANYTHING
>Batman gets embarassed

But Batman always has an ass pull

>Batman releases web destroying gas from capsules he had in his mouth

Supes all the way.

It's like in the James Bond movies, where James Bond always has some kind of special machine built for some specific task he will encounter during the movie.

>"Here 007, it's an ejecting passenger seat"
>some baddie gets in the car, gets ejected

The thing is Spiderman beats Batman in every possible area, except gadgets and (maybe) inteligence/tactics.

But it doesn't matter, because Batman has defeated foes much more powerful than Spidey. So, Batman v Spiderman? Spiderman wins by logic and common sense. Batman wins because he's Batman.

Have there been pages of Batman doing extensive preparation in anticipation of fighting someone? Not, like, a suiting up sequence with a specialized battle suit or something, but more like where he plans out how the fight goes, the lengths he does to hide something, how he plans out his utility belt layout, that kind of thing.

Exactly, which is why these Batman vs things never make any sense

We all know realistically Batman would be overpowered by many characters, but the whole point of Batman is that he can get out of any situation regardless of having no super powers

Fuck off, casual

>having no super powers

I think with the effectiveness we all know it too have, I would call his preparedness a superpower

Remember when Batman got knocked out by a rock?

Cap and Superman will never give you a pep talk

Classic Supes or Snyder Supes?

Right but the only reason it exists is because he's Batman and writers have to write him a way to win

So, these discussions are pointless ultimately...no matter what the situation is, Batman can always be written to win.

>got knocked out by a rock?

he's still on his feet after the rock, actually got knocked out by Wondy hitting him square in the chest and a second time in the face

Not only is Spider-Man canonically more intelligent and strong-willed, he has the power to punch out cosmic-level beings.

Fagman has no chance.

>all that dick-to-dick contact in the middle panels

Peter has a better grasps of things like maths and science, not to mention physics and higher level material of this nature than even the very best version of Bruce. Additionally, his spidey-sense would help him in ways that Bruce would have no such skill.

IF Bruce had taskmaster type skills, he might but otherwise, Bruce could have a decade to prep and not get very far in a one on one fight.

What is prep time going to give Batman? This meme was always stupid, even in comparison to power level threads like this. Spider Man is multitudes faster and stronger than Batman and has limited precognition. He doesn't have any weaknesses that Batman will exploit. Pack it up, there's no discussion.

Who would make a better POTUS?

Assuming Supes could run, what with being an illegal alien and all.

Batman is the peak of human condition in the DC universe. Captain America is the peak of human condition in the Marvel Universe. If Captain America can't defeat Spider-Man, so Batman can't.

>He doesn't have any weaknesses that Batman will exploit.

Punisher beat Spider-Man before, Batman can.

I agree Spider-Man logically beats Batman, and I agree this discussion is stupid, but we're talking comic books man...and we're talking Batman specifically, any bullshit reason can be made up for him to win

Spider-man wasn't trying to turn the Punisher into a fine red mist or he could have done so immediately.
The point of a fight like this is they're both trying to kill each other.

Just because she hit an unconscious man as he was falling doesn't mean the rock didn't do the crime.

Happens in UFC all the time. Rocks are brutal. Fucking rocks.

>not understanding Captain America at all
Even in comic books, no one can just train really hard to reach Cap's level. Regular ol' 616 Steve is stronger than any Bruce Wayne.

He's got more weaknesses than you'd think.
His Spider-Sense CAN be scrambled, or worse, used to cause pain. There's even ways to neutralize it entirely or ways to trick it.
However, the people who come up with those usually have a lot of experience dealing with him.
Then there's also that gas that the Spider-Slayer bots used to use which could weaken and poison him.

Of course. the question is could Bruce find out about these, get them, and more importantly prevent Peter from preventing their use in time.

Spider-Man had the prep time gimmick about 20 years before Batman had.

Just saying.

Spidey is a prep time type too don't forget. Especially during the early days whipping up a special device or webbing was how he won after taking a beating the first round.

>Thread is full of delusional Spyderfags
Guys, I love Peter and all, but, c'mon, it's Batman. He've tricked and beated Darkseid TWICE. He can handle Spidy any time.
Prep God Batman > anybody.
Normal Batman < almost anybody with superpowers

And going by this logic of pointing out weaknesses...we can do the same thing by listing all of Batman's strengths and saying how Spidey trumps them

But....that would be pointless wouldn't it? Because he is Batman and can be written out of any given situation.

>Guys, I love Peter and all, but, c'mon, it's Batman. He've tricked and beated Darkseid TWICE.

Yet Bane beat him in combat

Bane is significantly weaker than Spider-Man

Are you starting to see the picture? IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER, FEATS ARE BULLSHIT AND POWER LEVELS ARE BULLSHIT, BECAUSE WHOEVER IS WRITING CAN MAKE WHOEVER THEY WANT WIN FOR THE SAKE OF PLOT OR STORY

Fucking Christ

I know that, man. That's why I've said Prep God Batman > anybody, but nomal Bats can get beaten by a lot of people. I dunno why so many people so angry about all of this.

The thing is, Spider-Man is basically the anti-Batman.
You know how Batman recruited Plastic Man as the Anti-Martian Manhunter, who could take him out if he went rogue?
If Batman went rogue, you'd get Spider-Man. He's stronger, faster, can sense traps automatically (meaning even if he doesn't know there's a trap, he knows there's a trap), and is similarly brilliant when granted proper resourced.

Can Spidey best BatGod, though?

>Batman wins because he's Batman.

This nigger understands!

>The point of a fight like this is they're both trying to kill each other.

Your autism is showing.

Because the "winner" in your scenario is in fact the loser as Spider-Man killing Batman makes Spider-Man a villain and vis a versa.

Also, neither of them would try to kill the other, cause neither of them are psychopaths.

Well Spider-Man's powers are insane so I dont know...the guy can lift buildings, spar with gods, dodge bullets and lightning, is sometimes buffed to Reed Richards-level IQ, and has pre-cog...and has no real weakness to speak of. With that level of ridiculousness, no matter how hard a human works, even someone like Batman who's trained harder than anyone, if they aren't a villain and willing to nuke a city to kill him then there is just no fucking way.

Peter Parker's parents AND UNCLE are dead, he has no fucking money, and isn't filled to the brim with daddy isssues. He already won merely by being who he is, in contrast to batman.

>The point of a fight like this is they're both trying to kill each other.
>the point of a fight like this is it has nothing to do with the characters

Yes.

Well one watched both his parents get shot to death right in front of his face as a sheltered 8-year-old and had no blood relatives to look after him, and had to dedicate the rest of his life to obsessive training to become a hero.

The other lost his uncle after having learned plenty of life lessons from him and still has an aunt that loves him more than anything, and transformed from a typical loner nerd to a super-powerful, smart-mouthed ladykilling superhero overnight because of a chance spider bite.

What analogue are you trying to draw here?

Was it a big rock?

It's been stated several times in this thread alone that Spider-Sense can be countered.

Webbing slinging could easily be countered by chemicals too.

Assuming Bruce wouldnt just counter the Spider-Sense into just crippeling Peter, this leaves Spider-Man as a kinda strong, kinda fast human who doesnt even know martial arts.

C'mon now guys. I know its realy trendy to hate Batman around here, but you're deluding yourself.

>this fucking thread
I don't know if spiderfags are as delusional as batfags or you all just have a big hate boner for Batman. There are niggas actually saying that Peter is smarter than Bruce when Bruce created a cure for death and hacked time itself with Batprogramming.
There are niggas saying that batman couldn't resist a spider-punch when he survived a beat from Darkseid himself.
There are niggas saying that the spider sense would be helpful in any way when Batman left martian manhunter crying like a lil bitch
noggas pls

spider-man knows a martial art he developed with a bit of help that revolves all around taking advantage f his wall crawling, for the explicit purpose of making him fight better when unable to use his spider sense

>Yet Bane beat him in combat
So?

It sounds like you don't know shit about the context of Bane beating Batman.

Batman beat not just one but TWO cities full of criminals alone before being defeated by Bane famalama

And Batman knows literally all the other martial arts and is crazy experienced at utilizing these when fighting unusual enemies. Also, all Bats has to do there is move away from walls.

>move away from walls
>Spider-Man is now free to go do whatever is it Batman was trying to stop him from doing
>Batman loses

Piderman beaten up physically and morally by a top peek human hunter.

The real answer here is "It would win whoever the writers wants to win".

If you are marvelfagg you will say Piderman else if you are a DCfagg you will say Manman,

>Walls are now Spidey's kryptonite somehow
???

Only Daredevil could really handle Spider-Man.

>Spider-Man beatun up physically and morally by a top peek human hunter.

He was shot. And he was depressed. Only if you read the comic...

>Jungle herbs

>he is dying, so he is decided to cure child cancer with little kryptonians, and finally find them planet

Lex Luthor is only actual hero in this comic.

Captain is a better martial artist than Batman and Spider-Man beat him countless times.

Not to mention Spider-Man punches cosmic level lads regularly. He went toe to toe with Thanos.

>Captain is a better martial artist than Batman
>Being this fucking insane

Does he know Spider-Style kung-fu? Because Peter and Shang-Chi invinted it while Peter was without a spider-sense, which I'm sute you guys would say Batman made a nullifier for

Captain knows literally every single martial art on the planet. He is the best martial artist on Marvel universe. On the other hand, Cassandra and Karate Kid can easily rape Batman.

:^)

Spider-Man can punch a man's head off, a man who wears armor that makes him as strong as he is

Period

Spider-Man beats Batman unless you want to talk "if this were in a comic book" in which case your argument is not relevant because Punisher would beat Batman, if Batman was in a Punisher book

Spidey can't punch hard (originally, canonically), he can only lifting heavy weights, which is why he is more throwing objects on opponents or making traps instead frontal attack.

you know Batman won this battle?

>Spidey can't punch hard

No he can't, in Spider-Man 2 he couldn't knockout Octopus with several punches in the head, but could handle train.

>people saying that Batman isn't smarter than Peter

FUCKING PLEASE, Bruce is on the Top 3 genius of DC Earth, and has much greater feats on gadgets and etc.

Also, stop this fucking fanboysm, Peter lost to characters that were WEAKER than Batman, and Batman already defeated characters stronger than Spiderman.

The real issue is just WHO the writter want to win. I can think on multiple scenarios were any of them could win without having to use ass puls.

Surely Cap should beat Bats in toe-to-toe fisticuffs. He's got superhuman speed and strength doesn't he - as well as peak-human fighting abilities.

They might be both exceptional fighters but am I wrong in thinking Cap should have strength and dexterity that Bruce couldn't attain?

>Spider-Man 2
>movies
ok

the thing here is Spidernam strenght varies according to need of writing, we watched that in CW.

>Captain is a better martial artist than Batman and Spider-Man beat him countless times.
But that's not even true. Cap concievably beating Bats =/= him actually doing so.

>Not to mention Spider-Man punches cosmic level lads regularly. He went toe to toe with Thanos.
And Batman has done more than go toe-to-toe with his universe's equivalent. He's famously beaten Darkseid.

It wasn't armored, any guy like Daredevil could do that.

Batman not only knows every single Martial arts from this planet but also a few alien ones, and there's a couple he invented by himself. Batman knows so much about martial arts that he thaught Ra's al Ghul some shit that not even he knew even tho he's walking o this earth for hundreds of years.
Also this "x defeated y so he's better" shit is meaningless when Cap lost to people like wolverine and crossbones
Also literally proves my point.

Are you telling me, that Daredevil could punch the jaw off of someone who is Spider-Man tier?