Superman reluctantly kills a mass murderer, who swore to kill every single human being on Earth, to save a family in MoS

>Superman reluctantly kills a mass murderer, who swore to kill every single human being on Earth, to save a family in MoS
>fans and critics bitch and moan about not muh Superman
>Wonder Woman cuts down dozens of ordinary humans who pose no threat to her, even though she believes they're mind-controlled by Ares
>media raves on about what a role model she is for young girls, and how hopeful and heroic she is compared to MoS

Why does everyone shit on Superman so fucking much? Even comic book fans hate the guy, even though he pretty much started the whole genre.

I didn't understand that either

wonder woman killed the man who she thought was Ares with no hesitation

Even worse, the ending did prove that Ares had some degree of control over the germans, because they stopped fighting as soon as he died. Diana basically murdered dozens of men, who were under the control of her brother.

Why the FUCK did Steve just fly directly up, and kill himself?

There are so many ways this situation could have been handled, and he took the most dramatic one for some reason. Even if Diana was busy, he could have jumped out the last second, and hoped she would be able to save him.

Did he know she can fly?

>>Gadot’s support of Israel has caused many people around the world to wrestle with whether to support the film.

>In an opinion piece for Al Jazeera, one US-based professor said he himself wondered what all the fuss was about until he actually saw the movie.

>After watching it, he concluded: “If you are utterly enjoying this particular Wonder Woman as a role model for your daughters in a theater near you and could not care less about a young Palestinian girl mourning her family in Gaza whom the woman portraying your superhero helped kill, then all the power to you. You need not bother to know that in this film Gal Gadot does not just personify Wonder Woman, but alas Wonder Woman disappears into Gal Gadot.”

Lol who gives a fuck about Arabs?

wonder woman's supposed to be athena? i never knew that

I'm ready to die for Israel RIGHT NOW!

To be fair, who gives a fuck about kikes?

Nope. All the gods were killed by Ares before he was stopped by Zeus. Zeus fucked Hippolyta to create Diana in case Ares returned.

People are always rough on Snyder.

Remember that time Tony smashed a fucking alien space ship into the Twin Towers and he immediately followed with a quip? Not a peep from fanboys.

Remember Zod kicks the shit out of Superman and throws him into a building? Oh no the man of murder!!1!

There's concentrated online effort behind this bullshit I swear.

People are jealous of his power, and become angry when they see him "curse" his powers. It's the same kind of contempt people have for wealthy people who are unhappy.

Superhero movies are "supposed" to a power fantasy, audiences want to self-insert themselves into a tall, confident, attractive person and see that person succeed. That person can be a smug asshole as long as they're a winner. Superman should always be winning, and always be smiling, because one should want to be Superman.

Zack pbuh wanted to portray Superman realistically, understanding that possessing so much power in real life would not necessarily be "fun" and would actually subject you to a great deal of responsibility, angst and controversy. The same applies to the depiction of death.

In Iron Man, a man attempts to shoot Iron Man but the bullet ricochets off the armor into his face, killing himself. This is played for laughs. The idea of being so bulletproof that anyone who would try to shoot you will die instantly is a pleasurable fantasy.

But when Superman must kill Zod, he resists the act. He does not want to kill, he pleads with Zod but is ultimately forced to let him commit suicide by cop. He does not blast Zod with a colorful laser, he does not drop him into an explosion, he breaks his neck with his bare hands and we see the corpse fall to the floor.

This is not power fantasy, this scene begs the audience to consider what it means to take one life, when most other films in the genre will have the "hero" now down horses of faceless badguys and follow-up with a one-liner to show unaffected they are with killing.

The way Wonder Woman gets away with killing people is by not showing the humanity of the people she kills, nor lingering on the death itself. We don't actually get visual confirmation that any of those men die at her hand, it can only be assumed because the movie's moves on. The film also explicitly condemns war and killing in dialogue.

Pretty much this. People are really hard on Snyder. BvS leaves a lot to be desired even though i loved it, but the criticisms I see of it are often ones you could level at any comic movie but they get a pass.

>mow down hordes
Forgive me

Let me be 100% honest. No one watched or much cared about Wonder Woman, so no one had preconceptions of what her character was supposed to be.
Superman is the archetypal superhero, so everyone projects what they think a superhero should embody onto him. So literally everyone has preconceptions of who Superman SHOULD be.

It's hypocritical and unfair and amazing when you realise that Mos and BvS both directly reference this as part of his character arc
But that's the reason

No, but it would show that he has complete faith in her by taking such a risk.
I just think it could have been a better scene if it wasn't so unnecessarily tragic.

It's ok that possibly thousands died, Marvel followed with a witty quip!

Well, he had to die so WW could unleash her power level, I guess.

Plus, they had to kill him off so Diana could bang Bruce in Justice League.

This is accurate. Audiences want to laugh and have fun in superhero films. It's a form of escapism. They don't want their superheroes to have to deal with realistic situations or show humanity

To be fair, wasn't it a pretty big plot point that Tony was suffering from massive PTSD in IM3, AoU, and Civil War? Mostly in IM3 and Civil War though, because Whedon is a hack.

Let me put it in very simple terms that you might understand:
Wonder Woman is known to occasionally kill bitches.
Superman isn't.

When Superman kills somebody, it's a big deal. When Wonder Woman does it, it's Tuesday.

Superman killed Zod and the other Kryptonians in the comics and in the old movies. That should have been the end of all discussion on the matter.

Its been a while since I've seen someone as tone-deaf as you.

>Wonder Woman is known to occasionally kill bitches. Superman isn't.
Ahem.

And it was a big deal.

The ending didn't prove that. The movie showed, if anything, that as evil as Ares was, he could never be wholly responsible for the entire war. In fact, he was trying to *end* it, because ending it with an armistice (as WWI did) would set up more conflict (i.e. WWII). The Germans were losing and the war was about to end, no matter what Diana or Ares did.

Diana was just too naive to realize that she couldn't alter the course of history all on her own - something that Steve has been trying to teach her the whole time. While she did prove that great people could do great things, it's likely that that lesson will be why she becomes disillusioned over the next 98 years - she can't meaningfully change the destructive ways of mankind. But maybe the Justice League can. Hopefully Snyder doesn't fuck up the next movie as royally as he usually does.

I guess you missed the part where all the Germans stopped trying to kill the good guys as soon as Ares died.

When that happened they threw down their weapons, took off their gas masks and started smiling and hugging each other like some Disney bullshit.

You guys are making my point for me. The times when Superman kills somebody are few and far in between.
So it's always something that needs to be handled with a lot of care. Most people took issue with the way the Zod killing was handled, not that it happened.

And Wonder Woman can pop a cap in yo ass, no problem. She is from an archaic warrior society. Unlike Supes or Batman she has a tendency to kill non-humans, even if they are sentient, intelligent, feeling creatures. And sometimes she kills people too.

It's a been a while since I saw a retard big enough to dismiss human deaths because there was quipping abound.

>Even comic book fans hate the guy
Que? Sup Forums's Superman threads are pretty comfy user.

>Avengers movies
>The heroes actively try help civilians to limit victims. Said building was for all intents and purposes empty
>Despitevit all the first movie still points out deaths were inevitable, but the people were glad the Avengers were there to help at all

>MoS
>Supes dodges an oil tank which explodes on a building instead nof kicking it out of the way and the movie forgets about civvies until a single family is used as justification to kill Zod
>The victims are ignored (remember when fanboys tried to paint that as part of the master plan because they thought BvS' hearing was going to be about Metropolis?)

>BvS
>Snyder and the writers prove to be a bunch of lazy fucks so instead of coming up with a way to show the heroes tried to save people they just have reporters saying "THANK GOD THAT BUILDING WAS EMPTY" every ten seconds

And now comes the part where you move the goalpost, dodge the subject and make some joke about how Avengers wasn't realistic, Superman still had to learn people die when they are killed blablabla fuck you

The times she killed humans in mainstream canon can be counted on one hand. She got a ridiculous amount of shit for killing Max Lord, even though Superman would have killed her if she didn't.

>he heroes actively try help civilians to limit victims
Please explain to me how a relic from the 40's can evacuate a city of millions in just 30 minutes?

What did he use, Spock's fucking space ship beam?

Superman saved multiple civilans and soldiers in the Smallville fight, though.

Except that's not what happened. The world went to rainbows and lollipops as soon as Ares died, which not only makes WW an amoral murderer and a liar, it makes Steve Trevor's sacrifice and character (I.E. the only good part of the film) pointless.
The movie even ends up shitting on Zeus, because despite creating Diana TO SPECIFICALLY KILL ARES, she needed the the love-power of a guy she knew for a couple of weeks and had no chemistry with.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Right down to the offensive CGI.

>The victims are ignored
He says while defending a film where Tony Starks literally quips after smashing an alien ship towards a huge skyscraper with possibly thousands in it.

Also, the whole fucking tone is so deaf. It's like Whedon was actively ignoring the actual city but just focused on our cheesy heroes because he knows there is no rational way some cosplayer with a plastic shield can prevent the death of tens of thousands during a fucking all out invasion by an AIRBORNE ENEMY THAT CANNOT BE CONTAINED.

True.

Pic related is the most horrible movie I've ever seen.

Marvel is for kiddies who just want to see their heroes go pew pew pew with none of the consequences that their actions would yield. Fuck that. We got quips and a Hulk!!

>Marlet
>defends Avengers by saying buildings probably conveniently empty
>criticizes BvS for explicitly saying buildings were conveniently empty
Imagine being this retarded

I've wanked to him.

Similarly, it sort of perplexes me how people say the same thing about Batman in BvS. They all say Batman should be a hero and never kill, but his whole arc is him recognizing the existence of moral absolutes and the value of human life, demonstrated by him not branding Lex at the end. There, it at least made sense for Batman to ruthlessly cut down his enemies without question because the movie was about him transforming from the morally questionable psychotic thug into the figure pop culture is most familiar with.

And he has the balls to say it's fucking DC that ignores the victims when Avengers' finale is literally filmed like a wild night out with the gang complete with the hangover kebab.

>He doesn't praise the tom jones kino

Are we going to pretend that Wonder Woman doesn't fit in the right category? She's a bland non-character played by a charisma vacuum, who fights a bland big bad who wants to destroy mankind because he's evil.

You're thinking of what-if stories.
Canonically she kills as rarely as supes.

>user discovers most of the criticism towards DC is petty and extremely onesided that is never raised at the other camp despite comitting far greater crimes
Dedicated and paid online groups exist to push these criticisms. They are here too but more prevalent on sites like Reddit and Twitter.

>AIRBORNE ENEMY THAT CANNOT BE CONTAINED.

The "establish a perimeter" stuff was retarded, but it's plausible that the Chitauri focused like 90% of their efforts on fighting the Avengers instead of attacking fleeing civilians.

What you're missing is that Marvel doesn't try to be something it isn't, whereas DC does, and fails spectacularly at it.

There are thousands of Chitauri flying around. About five of them attacked the Avengers. The other thousands?

>It's ok that Marvel is shit because it knows it's shit
Is that the argument you tell yourself when someone shits on your plate and tells you to eat it?

Marvel aims for mediocrity and achieves it.
DC aims for something greater but fails to even be mediocre.

Sup Forumstards and muslims can't stop thinking about them, it's a lot of people

Why did noone even suggest world machining Mars instead? They even had outposts on some meteor theyd planned to terraform before something went wrong, as shown by them finding the device there.

Zod was a prick, basically.

Why did he even need to terraform the planet? Why wouldn't he want Kryptonians to have godlike powers?

Zod was all, "WE'RE HERE! WE'RE QUEER! WE DON'T WANNA FIND ANOTHER WORLD!"

Marvel wants to make popcorn flicks that people will have fun watching and then go home with that feeling. It works.

DC (or rather, Snyder) tries to make movies with complex plots and subtle themes that make people ponder over different philosophic dilemmas and concepts, but is actually just the adventures of a guy dressed as a bat and another in long johns, but now with interfering "deep" bullshit that gets in the way of the viewing experience.

Because he wanted to be ruler. Jor-El even calls him out on it during the prologue. Hard to be in charge when everyone else around you has Superman powers.

both are shit characters.

Because Zod also swore to find and kill Kal-El. Get revenge against the House of El, while also rebuilding Krypton in his image. Two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Mars is a dead world. It has no atmosphere to work with, no life, no magnetic field, and a much colder core.

It's like finding a perfect spot to build your house and someone recommends a much shittier spot because your perfect spot has an ant colony. What do you do? You wipe out the ants and build your home on the nice spot.

>Marvel wants to make popcorn flicks that people will have fun watching
Why am I not having fun then? I had fun watching Raimi Spider-Man and Favreau Iron Man. I don't have fun watching Kevin Feige's recycled garbage.

fukin nerd

Maybe you are not the target audience.

t. hasn't read a comicbook since 1967

Mars doesn't have water you fucking retard.

The world engine could only terraform from the elements available on the planet. That's why so many Kryptonians died on the expansion missions.

he didn't want to face Diana saying his mission was just getting the chemicals weapons on their side

Nor has the majority of people that watch Marvel or DC.

There is no practical need for godlike powers. Zod wanted to have a planet where it's citizens could live comfortably in peace.

When he scanned Clark's memories he saw that his development was painfully. Martha mentions that she feared he would die as a baby because he had breathing problems. He had a panic attack in first grade because the atmosphere was overwhelming.

Though Zod was a brutal General, he wasn't tying to make Krypton Sparta, he wanted the new babies to not be in constant pain.

user, while I don´t mind that scene, its not completely in character of Superman to kill while it is on WW´s case given her upbringing.

Now, personally, I think MoS wasn´t bad because there were other people at risk and Superman had little choice(and he also killed Zod in the comics) and he clearly regretted doing it. Saying "not muh superman" its stupid but its not hypocritical when compared to WWs case.

>Why does everyone shit on Superman so fucking much?
He's perceived as popular so you have to hate it to look cool. He does have fans, like me, of his comic version though.

not him but the only comics i read are one shot batman story
spawn ,the darkness and the watchmen

Wonder Woman has 'always' been a Warrior in the comics, her no kill role switches way more back and forth then Batman and Supes.

Superman, Batman and Spider - Man (and especially the two latter) are the big 3 when it comes to no killing, it's a huge part of their moral compass, something they often struggle with in comics and their philosohpy and struggle to uphold it is just a central part of the characters.

No one cares if Wonder Woman, Iron Man or Captain smokes' a few guy here and there even though they too technically don't kill because it's just not that big part of their character

WWs twist was shit, but part of the point is that the germans weren´t completely manipulated by Ares.

>There is no practical need for godlike powers.

Your point?
DC is doing DC.
Marvel is doing generic action comedy in cosplay.

There is nothing else to gauge him by. In his first actual challenge he was overwhelmed, lost control of the situation and had to resort to killing. And this ineptitude played out yet again in the very next movie.

This Superman is, well, a loser.

Suffering from PTSD after effortlessly slaughtering literal armies of seven foot tall alien monsters and nuking them into fucking oblivion.

How emotional.

Yes.

And only one of those is working, or at least was, prior to WW.

>saves planet twice
>This Superman is, well, a loser.

There's not, zod wanted his world back that includes flora and fauna.

But Kryptonians would still have super strength and speed because of the Sun. Changing the atmosphere would only remove their sensory powers.

>Why does everyone shit on Superman so fucking much?

Because they're plebs

Although it makes little sense, Clark lost his powers just from being in the Kryptonian ship.

>Most people took issue with the way the Zod killing was handled

Why?

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

His hairline's been photoshopped right?

Why didn't he have the eagles do it for him?

>op makes a based argument
>dumb marlels go to a hairline maymay argument
wow

I had a friend who said man of steel was A plus one of the best movies hed ever seen up till superman killed zod. He said that scene alone made it one of the dumbest movies hed ever seen. One of his favorite movies is the time machine remake so clearly he's.retarded

>level a huge amount of city in belligerent rampage
>oh now that I intentionally killed one guy i feel horrible!
>I'll feel bad about this for a grand total of one second.

Changing the atmosphere would change the nature of the radiation that passed through it. Consider the ozone layer absorbing UV.

Hey The Time Machine remake is pretty good man

I'm not defending your friend but let's not unduly tarnish The Time Machine

It's the modern zeitgeist or the spirit of the age. People are possessed by darkness and evil so they reject goodness and heroes. Morality is an alien concept to people.

It felt inconsequential. Just a cheep way to add drama to a scene. it dovetails directly into Superman making out with Lois to the backdrop of 9/11.

The movie really kinda falls apart at the end and that's part of it.

Zod and the others had their powers while breathing Kryptonian air, however. He only gained flight and heat vision when he adapted to Earth's atmosphere. Superman's weakness can be explained as his body not being adapted to Krypton's air.

Eh, speculation at best. Zod had no way of knowing how it would affect the sunlight.

saying it fell apart in the end would imply it was "together" at any point.

>meanwhile Diana is carving up soldiers, who are literally not in control of themselves without giving a fuck

And Zod's attack on Superman is not his fault. He even tried to take him to space.

Wonder Woman has NEVER had a no kill rule.

In fact, she's usually the one person trying to sway Supes and Bruce in to breaking their rule for the greater good.

>Palestine are the good guys!

Disregarded

>t. I don't read Wonder Woman comics

If you think MoS Clark is a bad character because he's different to comicbook Superman - congrantulations, your a pleb

MoS Clark has never had a no kill rule either