Spider-man Homecoming tracking for $75M opening weekend, underperforms in SK previews

>opening weekend in South Korea
>$17,089
What the hell, are they just cucks?
the-numbers.com/movie/Spider-Man-Homecoming#tab=international

The US better give this at least a 135M opening like estimates on MCUExchange predicted. It's Spider-man, not a nobody.

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/news/1676620/why-the-mcu-spider-man-doesnt-have-a-spider-sense
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

state of you

iT lOOks LIKE shit....shit!!!!!!!...it looks like ShiT.

IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT.

state of mcu

I hope the movie underperforms. I'm not talking about being a bomb, I'm talking about making less money than what they wanted. Sony is the one profiting form the box office, not Marvel. Marvel's profits are in the merchandise. I want Sony to take a big hit so they keep suffering from the horrible shit they did to Spider-Man with those TASM movies.

I want them to make enough money to continue this deal with Marvel but less than what they expected. I want them to never be truly successful with Spider-Man ever again. As a Spider-Man fan I'll never forgive them for those atrocious monstrosities. This deal with Marvel should have been made in 2010/2011, not now. Fuck them.

The age of Marvelshit is over

The time of DCkino has begun

I think this decision was retarded.

>Director Jon Watts has confirmed that the Peter Parker of Spider-Man: Homecoming will not have Spider-Sense. Watts wanted to avoid using Spider-Man’s early warning system because he felt that Sony’s past Spider-Man movies leaned on the power quite heavily.

>“I feel like we have seen a lot of Spider-Sense in the previous films, so we didn't really lean into that as hard as they have in the previous films,” Watts tells CinemaBlend, adding “But I do think it is a really interesting thing to explore.”

Nice ps4 game you got here, did activision make this game?

he looks like a little faggot. they picked the wrong guy for this. even his muscles are drawn on the costume

what the fuck. surce

Most decisions they took were. This Homecoming Spider-Man is a travesty but one more tolerable than the Andrew Garfield one.

>source
>source is literally stated on the quote

>Director Jon Watts
>Director
yeah sure. I bet he wore his big boy pants on set as well

I can't remember the last time I saw so much advertising and marketing for a movie.
Like 10 different commercials. Including shit like "get this insurance. AND SEE SPIDERMAN ON FRIDAY"
Weird marketing shit like that Starbucks prank last week or the Times Square thing recently.

>The goal behind the new Spider-Man, the one making his feature-length debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Spider-Man: Homecoming, was to deliver something different. He's a sophomore in high school. He was recruited by an Avenger. And he has a tricked out suit, designed by Tony Stark, that's unlike anything we have seen before. But Homecoming also confirms something that we suspected ever since we saw Captain America: Civil War... Tom Holland's Spider-Man doesn't have a Spider Sense. I asked Homecoming director Jon Watts about it, and he told me: "I feel like we have seen a lot of Spider Sense in the previous films, so we didn't really lean into that as hard as they have in the previous films. But I do think it is a really interesting thing to explore."

cinemablend.com/news/1676620/why-the-mcu-spider-man-doesnt-have-a-spider-sense

this is the Everybody gets a trophy spidey movie. theyre just kids and they tried really hard and so i rank it 99.99% fresh and i give stickers and stars to everygoshbody. (but shhh...it looks like shit)

And just wait till "michelle" stars as the black cat in black and silver.

niggerman

i cannot wait for the memes centered around this movies. i love you autistic weirdos

He does have it as we saw it in CW but apparently for some reason they have it not working 99% of the time.

It's insane in my country. The literally partenered with everything, from burger joints to telephone companies to snacks. I live in bumfuck nowhere and there are posters in here too, my parents have a little market and they had to put up Spider-man ads.

BAHAHAHAHA
Marvelkeks on suicide watch!

Have shareholders decided to fire the $0.1/word shills and are just shitposting by themselves now?

In my country is insane, they are running commercials around the clock

>marlel

Wait, is already out?

TOBEY COME BACK

KIRSTEN COME BACK

RAIMI

RAIMI COME BACK

FUCK THIS MOVIE! FUCK DISNEY!

I WANTED A 3RD AMAZING SPIDERMAN MOVIE NOT THIS IRON MAN 4 SPIDEY AVENGER PIECE OF SHIT

Toby>Garfield>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Holland

>holy shit I can NOT stop sucking DICK - OP

this

Same here. ASM2 sucked, but I liked the first and Garfield. Plus I was liking where the backstory of Peter's father was going. I blame Jamie Foxx

I know it wont happen but i still dream of this scene
>new spidey flying around the city
>one still of two strangers sitting in the park
>you only see the backs of their heads
>see spiderman fly by
>they both go 'woah'
>they turn to each other in amazement
>you see side faces of Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield
>mfw

He doesn't have a fucking Spidey-Sense? This is going to suck.

not related but why is Natalia Portman no longer part of the MCU?

she only signed up for Brannaugh. Once he fucked off, she went as well

because her friend (a director) was fired and she was mad about it

MARVEL BTFO

Seems like a wasted opportunity to make easy money.
Even Anthony Hopkins is doing garbage shit like transformers for the money.

On top of other things, she wasn't very fond of playing a trite damsel-in-distress.

why would they animate spiderman vs have the guy wear a real suit

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who knows, the original didn't even have his web shooters because Raimi wanted the webs to be cum.

Doesn't he have a spidey sense in civil war? I could have sworn he did.

There's difference between changing the origin of a character's power to scrap that power entirely.

>perhaps they're wondering why would you animate a man before putting him on a screen?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Opening weekend will barely be enough to pay RDJ.

75 mill--HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHASEVENTY FIVE MILL-OHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *catches breath* OH MY GODHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

don't worry we'll come through

there's no way this isn't making a billion

It should make an easy billion but
>we

It ain't making a billion.

It's Spider-man feat. Iron Man, of course it's making a billion. Let's be real here.

>there's no way this isn't making a billion
LMAO
>we'll
cant believe you people are so open about posting here.

>because he felt that Sony’s past Spider-Man movies leaned on the power quite heavily.
Also, Batman will have the IQ of a 5 year old in his next solo film. The director feels that the past movies have relied too heavily on Batman's intellect.

this is not making 1 billion because:

>third reboot
>kids story
>Sup Forums is always wrong

Have you not read the sony emails? They deadass wanted to make a "The amazing spiderman vs Spiderman" series of flicks. Thanks christ sony is a dying corporation.

>sony is a dying corporation.
its not, well theyre more a mixed bag.
2017 alone they've done well on Smurfs, Resident Evil, and will do well on this along with Emoji movie; whilst making only little loss on Life, Underworld, and Passengers. I imagine they have plenty in the bank

>A japanese company wants to make a fighting movie for literally no reason
>Anyone here is surprised

It's the second reboot you idiot.

Sure they make mula from some flicks they make but other than that and playstation they're just buring cash. Iirc the amazing spiderman 2 wasnt even close to being profitable for them, which is why they're relying on Disney's moneycock now.

>Spider-man Homecoming tracking for $75M opening weekend
No fucking way. That's less than Doctor Strange. That's not underperforming, that's a grade A flop

Let's not kid ourselves, it will make $1 billion. Why would they have promoted it with RDJ so much?

that doesnt mean it makes 1 billion, that means it makes Dr. Strange money rather than flop like Cap 1

It won't. There seems to be a general apathy for this film.

>DCucks are this desperate

Critics are already raving about it. Saying it's better than Spiderman 2.(pic related) RT will carry this thing to a billion similar to WW but with an actual recognized icon.

Normies are in the beginning stages of becoming disenchanted with superheroes, but don't trick yourself into believing no one is hyped for this movie.

Critics raved about Dr Strange aswell yet it still ended up a dud and was forgotten from public conscious three weeks after premiere.

Yeah, on fucking Sup Forums, where people only talk about race, millenials and how much they hate RDJ or the MCU in general. Try check twitter or other normie-friendly sites and get out of your house for once

You've been saying that for literally every movie for years

No one is talking about this shit in my circles, faggot. I've maybe seen one person talking about Ironman in this Spider-man reboot. Cinema going is fucking dead.

I wonder if the comics will take away his spider-sense like when they gave him organic web shooters to be more in line with the Raimi movies

And in my circles they did! It's almost as if these small personal anecdotes can't represent the entire movie-going audience

>Cinema going is fucking dead
Are you saying all this year's cape movies made a bank with magic?

Wouldn't be new, it already happened years ago for a year or so, can't remember how. But why would they, this Spider-man still has enhanced senses?

organic web shooters were thought up by Jim Cameron

is shit

Literally everyone is saying Spider-Man 2 is still better. Stop posting this instagram crap.

>No Spidey sense.

I've read a couple of reviews that said it. Don't believe them tho

Im going to rent it.

Spiderman Homecoming will be the first MCU movie that I will skip in theaters because honestly I cant be bothered.

Im gonna go see Thor 3 though.

>Im going to rent it.
Where the fuck can you still rent movies?

It looks like shit and the industry is way too overestimated with Spider-Man movies.

Sony Pictures is an American company. Besides sharing the name, they've got nothing to do with electronics/gaming side of business from Japan.

reminder that Peter's spidersense is literally what allows him to webswing because his reflexes arent fast enough to aim

oversaturated*
Fucking spell check.

>Why would they have promoted it with RDJ so much?
it wont make 1 billion because they have to pay RDJ 500 million just to appear

Hold triangle to win.

This is just another trick by the (((studios))).
Low ball it in the media so later you can say "OMG it is smashing all expectations!!1"

It's officially tracking for $135M opening weekend, leaving behind both Apes and Dunkirk. $1 billion is all but confirmed now.

>Sony’s past Spider-Man movies leaned on the power quite heavily
The only time Spider-Man used his spider-sense in the movie I remember was that cafe scene in 2, and it was absolute GOAT.

he also uses it everytime a green goblin dies

Can i play that on my android phone?

the thing about spider sense is that its always on, which I don't think the movie conveys. The reason why Peter is suddenly super acrobatic isnt because of his strength but the fact that his spider sense tells him where and how to land.

>spiderman meets Brotherhood of Steel

>tfw you will never see JC's spiderman

James Cameron was the one who suggested that web shooters were gay as fuck and that organic webbing made a lot more sense.

He was right.

Arkham looked more like a movie than that.