What are some good movies about crazy people? Schizophrenia specifically. Pretty much every thing I've seen like Mr...

What are some good movies about crazy people? Schizophrenia specifically. Pretty much every thing I've seen like Mr.Robot (show) or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest are over-dramatic and aren't true to the real diagnosis

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_(2002_film)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bug_(2006_film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_(2002_film)

>implying the CIA nigger monkies aren't really out to get Terry

The way this movie depicts schizophrenia is almost complete bullshit. I couldn't think of a more Hollywood version of a movie if I tried. Bridge Over the River Kwai is maybe less realistic.
>Schizophrenia is a very difficult mental affliction to depict
>lol, let's just give him imaginary friends and shit

>Hollywood version of a real story*

>it's a Terry gets an email from Linus Torvalds calling Terry a faggot episode

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bug_(2006_film)

>expects an accurate depiction of a mental condition
The fault is yours.

Keane

it's not as cheesy as it looks

Is this skizo kino?

There are plenty of films that have done it. ABM actually comes very close when Nash becomes paranoid about delusions. Even if you had no clue what schizophrenia was, what Nash went though was totally implausible, as if your imagination is supposed to construct delusions that somehow avoid being shown as impossible through contrivances for years.
The movie otherwise is pretty sappy and flat. He basically comes up with Game Theory within the first half an hour, there's like an hours and a half of implausible depictions of mental illness that basically amount to nothing, and then he gets a Nobel Prize because of someone else's theory that was based on his theory formulated near the beginning of the film. I wonder how many Nobel Prizes Newton would get by that standard?
This movie was pure Oscar bait, and if you thought it was great, you fell for it hook line and sinker.

Great movie with a top tier Connely

Thats a big gun

>But they aren't

The Devil and Daniel Johnston
A documentary so not so much of a flick but very watchable and super interesting. Plus depressing as hell

I mentioned this in another thread, but I had a borderline-sexual dream involving Trump a few nights ago. I don't even feel particularly strongly about the guy one way or the other. I can't imagine how many sex dreams left-leaning women are having about him.

its amazing user

Don't know if it's really "good" but I loved The Signal. Very interesting premise on
the surface, don't care for the subtext though, and not half bad acting.

Holy shit lol

that is so fucking hot