What are you watching tonight?

what are you watching tonight?

You.

funnily enough, Alien 3

my neighbour

my ass getting fatter

thanks you too

Good choice lad, it's my favourite of the franchise but people seem to get really upset when I mention that.

I may have to do the same, it's been a few weeks since I last saw it.

>watch shit boring movie with poorly written character interactions i dont give a shit about
>get some wine
>it's suddenly incredibly immersive and i feel so sensitive to every emotional moments, every line of dialogue becomes deep and nuanced and i have immense empathy for characters, the whole watching experience becomes incredibly eightened and pleasurable, the mediocre flat cinematography suddenly becomes visual excellence and i constantly get amazed and surprised
booze makes everything pure kino

I find booze distracts me from watching movies, my mind drifts.
weed makes me super focused tho

stop watching your own camshow

You should watch Battleship, with a nice pint of Gallo White Granache it's easily the best movie of 2012. Admittedly that's not difficult though.

Do both, you get super focused and everything is brilliant

High Fidelity

The Handmaid's Tale

Just marathoned the first episode, what do I think about it?

I just bought 6 DVDs for $8, probably will watch them in the next two days because I work in 25 minutes.
American Pie is one of them, never seen.
Also Snake Eyes and Jackie Brown and Last Action Hero and The Crow.
Face/Off is the only one I've seen before.

nothing, gonna play some WoW

I could watch fireworks and smiles appear on the little kids my family and friends all have as we all camp and enjoy summer evenings with loved ones but I'm in town right now sitting in my boxers and drinking a mix drink while shitposting on a Nicaraguan rain dancing forum so I'm thinking maybe some Eva unless one of you fags stream something. The chats in those streams are pretty fun, plus I've seen a decent amount of movies I hadn't seen before by joining them.

Why is it your favorite? I think its the 2nd best of the quadrology but would probably rate it around 7.5/10. I feel the last 30 or so minutes really drags. also the theatrical ending is better

It's a lot like the first film but it's got a lot more worldbuilding, we get an idea of what's going on in the universe outside of the one spaceship and a desolate rock it briefly visits, the supporting cast is all top quality and play off each other well to create this hostile environment for Ripley to show up in and be forced to deal with the complete failure the mission turned out to be (which the intro accomplishes perfectly, cutting between high-stress moments of the ship being contaminated and evaccing them, and the creepy music over the credits). It's just such an atmospheric film.

I think I feel about Alien 3 the way my mother feels about the original Alien, because I knew what the original was about going in so it didn't grip me as much as it would a viewer in 1978, and Alien 3 created a tense and dangerous atmosphere that was lacking from the first one for me because of it.

What's your favourite?

I'm playing videogames and streaming later
Currently orange is the new black

Goodfellas is playing at a local theatre in 35mm, so that.

I love last action hero, the Schwarzenegger Hamlet scene is one of my favourite

I'm planning on watching Neil Breen's trilogy.

Should I watch Interstellar or American Gangster?

My life pass me by

>Be me
>Rich/good job/successful
>No family nearby
>No friends
>Nothing to do except earn a pay check and save everything else since I don't have car/house payments
>Literally waiting for death

Those are very different films, what do you like? I'm a sci-fi fan so I'd say Interstellar.

The reason why I hate Alien 3 is because of the fact that they killed off everyone from the previous movie, it's just so fucking cheap.

>What's your favourite?
Alien

I like both of their respective genres, I think I decided on Interstellar though as well.

Don't watch Interstellar, watch 2001: A Space Oddysey instead.

What is your job.

Just watched the force awakens, fucking horrible waste of time, its literally the same as the first movie, they're blowing up the death star and they're the "resistance" despite the fact that they won, and the "first order" are technically the resistance, now im not sure if im gonna watch rogue one.

I'll talk about anything other than my job or what I've been doing for a few years now

I am 29, and have no direction in life as a young successful white male

I earned my way to the top, came from a poor immigrant family but now have no purpose at 29

People tell me to find a date and start being more social, that's a bit hard but I
m trying...

Extreme Justice

at least you got a job and your own place etc.

>Great place
>Job is really good
>I'm really alone though, really alone

Just literally name your job, or one sentence description of it you drama queen.

Also, how much do you earn

Six figures

Alien actually.

Right, let me guess you also have a big dick

wish it were me desu, no problem with alone here

I actually have a small pecker

Kind of depressing but I wont let that get me down...

I'm gonna see Baby Driver in the morning so I might watch Drive again tonight.

>no problem with alone here

Its because you probably haven't expanded your mind yet. Being alone and dying alone is one of the worst things that can happen to you

Inherent Vice

think I'm in the mood for something spooky later, and I've had Sauna downloaded for awhile so I'll give that a shot.

you've died alone? heavy shit. what's afterlife like?

I have noticed a tendency for people on Sup Forums who whine about being alone to also immediately tell everyone "but I'm also rich af" or "I have a 8-inch dick" or some other aspect of them that would place them in some enviable 1%. I wonder why this is...

:)

I did decide to watch something tonight btw

I'm watching Logan now

Figured might as well, the story is depressing as me

>my life sucks and i want to kill myself
>btw i have a 8/10 gf, finished college/uni, decent job with decent savings, and my own apartment
no hope for these guys, truly. how did things go so horribly wrong for them?

Gonna smoke a bowl and watch Apocalypse Now

I do well and I've worked hard to get where I am, but with a small dick it kind of sucks since dating is really though

Not yet, but dying alone terrified me since my family will have their genes passed on down the line and the name will live, meanwhile I am focused on work, but have nobody. I live half way across the country away from anyone I've known

Making new friends is also really hard sometimes

It.

I just saw Covenant the other night, surprisingly bad besides the fass. All these fucking space movies with absolutely no outer space travel safety protocols, or feeling of life or death stakes, or the zero margin of error, it really pinches my autism. The gore was divided either genuinely good or 90s slasher tier. 6/10 stars

Fucking nice.

You going to bring a shinebox?

it's better than 2, but that's not saying much

Watching this comedykino rn

user will go home and get his shinebox

>since my family will have their genes passed on down the line and the name will live, meanwhile I am focused on work, but have nobody.
this is the plebbiest normiest thing I've read in a while. do you think mankind will last for all eternity? you think some random faggot 2000 years from now, your descendant, will care about you in any way whatsoever? how much do you care about your ancestors? how many of them do you know by name, trade, character? your last name? completely pointless. names are one of the greatest spooks, and so is caring about your fucking image after you're dead. think it was diogenes who said to throw him out the city walls instead of burying him because how would he fucking care, he's dead

ok so help

i was about to watch Der freie Wille (2006) but then I saw covenant was out for streaming. now its between covenant and A Touch of Sin (2013).

should i watch covenant and have a relaxed time or go for Der freie Wille?

Lost city of z

finished second seasons of the americans

>how much do you care about your ancestors? how many of them do you know by name, trade, character? your last name?

I know them actually, and have met my great great grandparents

I wasn't born in the US, my last name does mean something to me and it is important since there are so few people from my village in the US. My only goal is to be successful, have a family, and pass down our knowledge and genetics.

I don't need to be remembered hundreds of years into the future, but with what is going on with technology and in the AI field we might live to see longer days and live past our 100s.

I'm also in the tech field in case anyone cares

I've been putting it off for a while, but I'm going to watch all the Marvel movies for the first time, what to expect? Also, which ones can I skip? Don't say all of them

Only the first Iron Man was ok. Can't you do something else?

Whats that movie with Shia Laboof where his mom is banging a killer

alien convenant with korean subs

And who are you then? Have you done anything significant? Are you some great genius in science, great inventor, innovator, a creative genius in music, painting, film, literature? Those are the people who are truly remembered. And what does it matter if you, or all of us, were able to live past 100? So we die at 200, then what? Still dead. And for the sake of argument, if we could become "immortal", we would still die because the universe will too. So unless there's something about the universe where you can go to others, everything will be lost eventually. Same with all the great wonders of our world, Earth will 100% be uninhabitable and every structure on it gone some day. Mankind might leave, but everything that's been built here won't and it will die here. You honestly sound young to me, like you're fresh out of High School or something like that, because I used to think I would like to be remembered and have children so they could "continue my family legacy" or some shit in the vein of that. It's pointlessly vapid.

I'm older than you think

Can you tell me what you think is important in my life?

>Should I just find a way to enjoy the journey?

I liked Iron Man, Thor and Captain America 2, all the others were stupid at best. You can skip the Hulk if you know what the Hulk is, and Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't interact with the others.

Oh, and you should expect quips.

>Can you tell me what you think is important in my life?
I don't know anything about you, but I know what you've written so far about your goal sounds ridiculous, for the most part. I get the part of genetics, having children and passing yourself on like that, but that's something most people do. It's not something special in the slightest. I remember from Plato's Symposium where one of them talks about how most men have children with women which aren't really all that special, but there are some few who have children of the mind so to speak, creative children, and those are the children that are truly worth something, because they will stand the test of time. That's literature, music, film, art, that's something that's truly a part of you taken out into life. Your children are just your genetic code, 1000 years from now your descendant or anyone else for that matter won't look at that descendant and go "that's user" because it isn't. What they will look at is that great work of art and go "that's user".

>Should I just find a way to enjoy the journey?
Don't know why you greentexted that. But as for the question, I don't know, I guess. Whatever makes you happy, as they usually say. If the goal you've written before is what gives your life a sense of purpose and makes life enjoyable, who am I to tell you don't. All I'm trying to do is show some arguments that go against your idea.

Sounds kind of a sad way to live desu

I rather focus on having a family and passing down something rather than focusing that it really doesn't matter.

Are you a nihilist?

Well good luck to you with all that then.

And no.

Thanks

I'm sure I'll figure things out

Watch moon instead.

Something to help push me over the edge.

What are some suicide movies?

When I get shitfaced, suddenly Fantastic Mr Fox becomes the funniest shit i've ever seen

Go CUSS yourself

this post really made me kek. underrated.

i'm 95% certain a few people on Sup Forums have kidnapped and murdered someone before