Racist

>racist
>misogynistic
>homophobic
>transphobic
>mocks the disabled, terrorism, child abuse, and rape

How do they get away with it all? Is this the least cucked sitcom of all time?

They get away with it in context. As long as you portray your characters as unlikable, antisocial outcasts, you can do whatever you want.

The show is designed with the intention that you're supposed to laugh AT these characters, not with them.

The writers are about as liberal as you could possibly get

>The show is designed with the intention that you're supposed to laugh AT these characters, not with them.
To a degree yes, but I'm sure you are also supposed to like, relate to, and definitely root for the characters so that makes it a moot point.

If the creators were hellbent on condemning the characters' seflish/asshole/un-pc behavior they would punish them for it, but that is almost NEVER the case.

Sure but it's the Archie Bunker syndrome. We end up liking and agreeing with them.

They do get punished for it. I can't remember it exactly but in the episode where Dee goes to work for a fish factory, she says something homophobic and then immediately gets her hair caught in machinery. Also the Christmas episode where they end up with jack shit by the end of the holiday is another good example.

that being said I did end up liking and relating to the characters lol.

>The owners all deserve to rot in jail, though having to spend every day with each other in that violent establishment is a decidedly great punishment.
>That is why I decided to not press charges leaving 'em to live in the hell on earth that they've created for themselves for the rest of their pathetic and miserable lives.

>I'm sure you are also supposed to like, relate to, and definitely root for the characters
Pretty sure only a very small portion of the population can relate to Dennis.

>The show is designed with the intention that you're supposed to laugh AT these characters, not with them
I love how pseudointellectual types love to spout this nonsense

>you're not supposed to identify/sympathize with them, guis!1!!!
>entire audience is likes Walter and hates Skylar
>everyone loves the gang in IASIP

>b-but muh consequences

So they just remain with the status quo? Not much of a "punishment" in the gang's eyes. Again, everyone who watches the show roots for the gang over whatever asshole spouts moral bullshit against them.

The fact that they so shamelessly break so many of society's taboos is what makes them likable.

Exactly.

>How do they get away with it all?
They didn't. Look at it now, it became that show they used to mock.

wut

You like the gang because they're entertaining

You don't want to be like the gang

I like my uncle because he's chill and funny but I would never actually want to be a divorced alcoholic

They get away with because if any argument is ever presented the gang will make both sides look retarded

Amen.
This too.

I avoided this show because it seemed too reddit
Is it actually good?

I avoided it for the exact same reason. When I finally got to watching it, it was the most I've laughed in almost 10 years and I regret not seeing it earlier. First 5 seasons and the 7th are so consistently perfect and hilarious that it shocked me they could accomplish it.

It's good. The first 7/8 seasons are sky-high, and it falters a little after that. It's never not-funny, but you can tell it just wasn't quite as high as it was. I'm on Season 12 at the moment and I think it's picked it up again, 11 felt like the weakest season but that still had some great episodes in it.

sharp decline around season 8-9
before that, yes, although you're a piece of shit for not watching something because it seems 'reddit' and you probably need a break from the internet

>implying they arent punished for it
their lives are all so miserable, they are just too stupid and selfish to realize it.

They're a bunch of losers running a shitty bar. Everything they try to do for themselves goes up in flames. Every scheme they come up with to get themselves ahead leaves them right where they started. How are they not punished for their actions? Are you not able to finish a 22-minute episode?

The consequences are nowhere near as severe as they ought to be. Frank is always able to magic up some money to fund schemes, the gang manage to maintain a bar despite there only being two regular extras in the back of most shots. Obviously it's not that sort of show, so the consequences only matter when they're funny, like the McPoyles, Dennis' alimony or Macs Dad.

The new season is back to the early season glory imo the waterpark episode had me dying and old lady house.

It's one of the most reddit sitcoms of all time

AIDS water! Old Lady House was brilliant too, I love any episode with Charlies Mum.

>dude cuck dude alt right lmao
they're meant to be viewed as terrible people, they're not advocating any of those things you listed

I always saw that style of writing characters as a way to empathize or walk in the shoes of people who are usually considered the scum of society. Alex from A Clockwork Orange always comes to mind. He's a horrible person who murders and rapes without remorse, but he's also a victim of abuse from a society that doesn't care.

>a very small portion

I don't think anyone was saying they want to be just like the gang. Just that they're capable of empathizing with them.

>tfw I relate to Dennis

Except without the whole getting laid thing.

Season 10 was kino. What are you guys on?

10 was good, I liked the Flight Episode, The Gang misses the Boat and Charlie Work is honestly one of my favourite episodes of all.

I bought poop on the Dark web to put up my butthole to lose weight.

EXACTLY. This nigga gets it. They get away constantly scot-free with shit that would lead to decades long imprisonment irl.

Where can i watch the new season i cant find a link and i dont have the channel its aired on

Gang Misses The Boat is goat. But The Gang Group Dates might be my favorite episode. I just like seeing Dennis become unhinged.

torrent

I'm watching an episode right now and Dennis is holding an RPG. And people are shouting about Anthrax. Their shenanigans only matter within an episode, and unless someone mentions them in a later one it won't matter because that's not what the show is. Most of the callback jokes are just single line things. Charlie has poisoned the Waitress however many times now, she has a restraining order that was a 50 feet but a season later she sat and had dinner with him. Doesn't matter.

I mean it's a good episode and all but, how would you rate it?

>owning your own business/property in one of americas major city
>a bar thats been active for over a decade and not closed down
>losers

nah

>Sharing a bed with your Dad, eating a can of catfood before bed and bludgeoning mice to death with a bat with nails in it, surviving Abortion and being molested by your uncle.
>Closeting your love of men, sleeping with a transexual woman because she has a dick, being a fearful Catholic and trying to get your Dad to love you while repressing the fact that your Christmas memories are breaking into other peoples houses to steal their presents.
>Sharing a bed with your Sister, your friend and an Old Black Man for a year. While paying alimony for your ex-wife who is undergoing constant cosmetic surgery to turn herself into a cat.
>Denying that you've hit rock bottom, tricking a stripper into stripping for his estranged daughter and making a Catholic Priest leave the clergy and end up a homeless waste of skin who lives in a scrapheap and had his kidney stolen by Chinesemen.
>Sponsor Boko Haram, hang out with weird people under the bridges, delve through sewers to eat crabs, buy a poo off the internet to put up your arse so you get a tapeworm to lose weight.

God yeah they're real success stories user. How could we not see that?

>being this stupid in 2017

They're all living like lower-class citizens though, implying that the bar isn't very successful. Mac and Dennis have a pretty sweet apartment but the likely split the rent. Dee's "brand new car" in The Gang Hits The Road is an 8-year old Chevy fucking Cavalier. They're obviously not very successful.

he kills rats, not mice user

do you even watch the show

I imagine he doesn't discriminate.

maybe they don't share the normie ideal of success
frank is a multi millionaire and he simply chooses to live how he does, on the whole they seem to enjoy their lives,
>spending the majority of your time hanging out with your friends, getting drunk and pulling shenanigans
>bad
who cares what their car looks like

they get away with it, because they're making a point, as says
Mac's irl parents are both lesbian women in fact and Devito is super leftist
I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with those things and I'm not sure about the other cast members, but it's due to the fact that the jokes about those things are only there to open a dialogue on the matters

mice would be bullied out by the rats
they don't really cohabit environments, espcially if there's lots of rats

it doesn't matter what they think of themselves in the context of the show, they are objectively losers

I disagree
you just sound like some brainlet who thinks all that matters is what other people think of you

enlighten yourself

Maybe, but they're always surrounded by scum. Literally and figuratively (cricket).

As to why Frank chooses to live like that, I don't know, but it's clear the rest of the gang would give it all up to be rich (especially Dee, maybe not Charlie)

Also
>friends
They're not all friends with each other. For the most part, they just have nowhere better to go.

Saw almost two seasons, wasn't that funny. It's basically just spouting edgy one-liners.

Not saying it's shit, maybe 3/10.

Keep watching. It doesn't get really good until like Season 4 when the characters really settle in. Also, why are you in this thread?

I don't care what people think of me but I can objectively look at myself and see that I'm not very successful in life.

>Blazing saddles is racist because it makes racist jokes and is funny because it is racist not because it is making fun of the racists

the level of retardation on this board is incredbile

no

kys retard

Speak for yourself frienlo

a show where your protags are shitheads is more interesting over a long term. if the main cast aren't the shitheads, the show seems like they are only putting up strawmen for the holier than thou cast to push over. but show your protags being shitty, then it is a more like a story of caution, these characters are all awful and their lives go nowhere. they make it funny, so it's not so depressing, but it's the only way to shit on the ideas they put up as being awful without getting called out on it right away, like how stephen colbert was actually liked by some on the right because they couldn't hear the irony/mocking tone in his act. that being said, iasip at least show a somewhat nuanced understanding of how things work, without being absolute sjw-shilling.

It's so weird because social justice types on tumblr love this show.
I mean I guess I'm a "social justice type" and I love this show too, but with they kind of shit they say I wonder if they've seen any of the earlier episodes.

see

>Is this the least cucked sitcom of all time?

You do realize all of the cast (Rob especially) are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge liberals right?

They're SJWs irl. That's always been the rule of comedy, if you're an SJW irl anything goes. Plus like everyone has pointed out, the joke is usually at the expense of the person being racist, etc

Who cares what the cast are irl? The content of the show is what makes it the boldest most politically incorrect comedy in TV history.

It seems pretty obvious from the humor and the way its done.

i'm one of those guys, 10 has a few good/great episodes, but the overall quality is definitely noticeably worse