Blade Recommended Readings?

Hey Sup Forums
Never read blade before and did a look through the recommended reading lists and couldnt find anything. Was hoping you could provide some good reads or maybe there are other good vampire comics out there that I should read?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/toyyt2pfeu244/Marvel_MAX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seriously...none.

He's never had even a halfway decent run. His movie is his only decent solo outing.

So is he a shit character?

Wesley Snipes' criminal record

Not necessarily. He just has shit stories written about him.

Let's just call him underutilized instead.

If you want a good vampire comic, check out:

American Vampire by Scott Snyder (horror)
30 Days of Night by Steve Niles (horror)
Loaded Bible by Tim Seeley (comedy)

Is the new book released yet?
I wanna see Blade trying to teach, it'll be fun.

Thanks for the answers

>but those recs
I didn't asked for these but thank you (the latter quote) for giving a service to others.

>Is the new book released yet?
Still not yet.

Uh... the recommendations were to the OP, who said
>Was hoping you could provide some good reads or maybe there are other good vampire comics out there that I should read?

>Still not yet.
The wait is unbareable.
Fuck.

Blade and Ghost Rider are seriously under-utilized and suffer from shit runs.

Great characters tho. Fortunately Blade got good flicks out of him compared to Ghosty

Someone should get them off of Marvel's hands.

That pic you posted is from the Al Ewing - Mighty Avengers run, which is fantastic. I highly recommend. Blade show sup later in the run.

The original Tomb of Dracula is probably your best bet, if you're okay with older comics.
Was there a Dead of Night centered around him? Those tend to be good.

it's basically canceled, if any work was done it would've been in their new teasers

Are you talking about the MAX thing? Because for those there was only Werewolf by Night, Man-Thing, and Zombie

Play the Zen Pinball table.

Its fun.

Ah right. The Man-Thing one was quite good. Shame they didn't make one for Blade.

Its partially Marvels fault but its not like they aren't capable of good stories. They just need to find them the right writers.

I am more worried about Ghost Rider desu. There are already like 6 riders out there which just dilutes what makes him special.

Its like for every good story there are 10 bad ones featuring him.

Still in development hell
They got a new artist, and last time somebody asked Seeley a few weeks ago, he said they hoped that marvel would finally announce it

Isn't he pretty much a Nicki Minaj? You know, always showing up in OTHER people's shit, rarely doing his own stuff, and sucking when he does?

Nicki is only good by herself when she's weird and offensive to all things possible at once, basically exactly the opposite of Blade. My fav Blade outing is Cap Britian and MI 13

hey

what happened with femela blade that all new all marvel all now title?

There's a trade collection called Blade: Black & White and it's pretty cool, otherwise the only other series of his I read was the Guggenheim maxi-series.

I'd recommend the Marvel anthology series Vampire Tales, featuring Blade, Morbius, and a slew of others as well.

There actually is a Blade MAX, but I've never found it and can't vouch for its quality. Oddly, it was never released in trade format like the others in the line and the Blade II comic adaptation used a Blade MAX cover for it's cover art.

I was curious about that too. Maybe Marvel had a falling out with Seeley, since he's doing even more DC work now. They just announced he's doing a Lost Boys sequel comic for Vertigo.

mediafire.com/folder/toyyt2pfeu244/Marvel_MAX