The Punisher is so much better than Batman, he's what Batman was originally supposed to be...a killer of criminals...

The Punisher is so much better than Batman, he's what Batman was originally supposed to be...a killer of criminals, but Punisher does it without the pretentious yuppy background of Batman as well by making him a guy who's actually had real problems and been through shit

I like Punisher as much as the next guy, but why does everybody feel the need to compare him to Batman?
Yeah they are both dark and brooding and street level and have lost people, but they're pretty different basically everyhwere else.

t. Zack Snyder

>tfw Batman v Superman was Punisher v Miracleman

Yeah I don't get it either. Same with Midnighter, everyone says he's gay Batman but the only thing they have in common is a similar outfit. Personality, powers, origin etc. are all completely different.

Because he's everything Batman would be if he was better

>The Punisher is so much better than Batman
how many times did he save the earth?

How many franks did Batman frank?

>how many times did he save the earth?
>muh feats

Go back to Death Battle, newfag

How much plot armour he obtained?

They're both shit

>muh feats
how else can you say one character is better than the other?

It's not plot armor. It's intelligence and strength.

Just read Welcome back, Frank.
>the polar bears
Sometimes Frank is too great

I laughed at the part in JLA/Avengers where Batman decided to beat up the Punisher for shooting drug dealers right after Batman got done telling everyone not to interfere with anything in the Marvel world no matter how bad it was. Even Plastic-man called him out on that shit, IIRC.

Cute.

Punisher is a fucking jobber. He's been a joke in mainstream Marvel for years.

>how else can you say one character is better than the other?

By characterization...holy shit

>muh death battle
>i dont read comics
>i read wikis and buy marvel shirts at hot topic

Punisher never set out to "beat up other heroes" or even supervillians. He's the guy who kills organized crime.

Three reasons Punisher > Batman.
1. Zero recidivism rate.
2. Doesn't claim a city, lets other heroes battle big villain threats
3. Doesn't dress up a harem of young Boys as Kid Castigate or suchlike.

>implying super villains are never part of organized crime

Okay, I like both though.

The reason Punisher doesn't kill super villains is the same reason Batman can't keep them locked up.

They are popular so they must return, don't be a fucking idiot who doesn't read comics...oh wait you can't not be that.

What the fuck are you going on about? Look up his history on Marvel Database. He's fucking clown shoes. The only decent Punisher (Max) was killed in some stupid fucking crossover event.

>Look up his history on Marvel Database.
Lmao, thanks for proving his point.

>The reason Punisher doesn't kill super villains is the same reason Batman can't keep them locked up.
So how does that make him better than batman, if both unable to keep any remotely relevant criminal off streets?

Me too.

You're a fucking idiot...

The Max Universe Frank died at the end of his series

>Whats the point of eating if im going to be hungry again?
>whats the point of wiping my ass if im going to shit again

>>whats the point of wiping my ass if im going to shit again
I've struggled with this one for a while. Why do you guys wipe?

If you wipe your ass you'll become as bad as an ass wiper.

But Batman doesn't just want to protect the innocent, he also wants to redeem his villains.

>fuck

He failed at both, how many times did the villains escaped and how many innocents pointlessly died after they escaped yet again instead of just killing the villains the first time? guy should be more traumatized with the amount of innocent lives lost because of his morals than his parents' death.

t. Jason Todd

I feel the same way. Also, people talking about the Punisher as if he's actually meant to be heroic and not the tragic, broken protagonist of a revenge saga in the gangster genre weirds me out. Frank would never consider himself a hero.

To be fair, they do actually have something else in common, or at least they did at one point: Midnighter was originally parodying the Wizard Magazine Preptime God Batman that was in vogue at the time, hence glorious bullshit like "I had a back-up heart installed!"

>Implying a homicidal clown who kills people regularly, some guy with fear gas, a gangster with a black skull, and a serial killer who puts stitches for each person he kills on his body can be redeemed.

Because Sup Forums is full of autists who have hardly read anything other than comic books, and Big 2 comics at that, and so they think medium=genre and thus feel the need to compare Punisher to other comic book characters and not, say, to other characters in revenge stories like The Count of Monte Cristo or Beatrix Kiddo.

>he's what Batman was originally supposed to be
>Batman was the world greatest detective
>Castle was a cop
I think it's the other way around

You're comparing a character who is literally only there to sell ads to babies and another who literally only exists to sell ads to edgy teens

They have two completely different demographics

Is there any story where this is brought up? Besides maybe red hood?

Purgatory and Revelation, though nobody likes to talk about those.

I like how Batman just hangs out and is a founding member of a team of super powered dudes. While Punisher probably only hangs out with Wolverine.

I don't picture the Punisher as having friends. And he probably smells like shit

>Kid Castigate
underage keks

Guys, if you're going to argue over Marvel vs. DC, at least match up Moon Knight with Batman. They're more similar than Frank is to Bruce.
Moon Knight is miles better

Nice rebuttal, dumbshit.

Are you implying they just make stuff up?

ITT:Moralfags VS Edgelords in the next Death Battle

It helps that Batman has become a parody of himself.

Don't get me wrong, Frank is a parody of himself on many occasions, but it works better for him because he's too extreme.

Anyway, as a lifelong Batman fan, I have to admit I'm terribly dissapointed in almost everything in the past 20 years.
Batman in JLA is a joke, Morrison Batman is not Batman,just Grant's headcanon, Snyder Batman hasn't been good for ages, and the batfamily keeps growing unecessarily.

Batman was all about lore and atmosphere, now it's plain bullshit and pandering.

punisher fans don't strike me as moralfags

Which Batman was the crazy hobo that kidnapped Robin, beat the shit out of the Green Lantern, and was a all around maniac?

All of them.

i agree also garth ennis punisher was the best punisher ever written he made awesome villians with the russian and barracuda

The Punisher is Batman for teenagers. Batman is The Punisher for kids.

>one note le grim dark edgelord
>better than Batman

Fuck off

You smell like shit LOL

Midnighter was created as a Batman parody with Apollo as his gay (Superman) lover. With Apollo as a flying brick with face lazers and Midnighter having a preptime computer in his brain.

Batman needs to get over himself and just do the world a favor and kill his villains. No mercy to evil.

How is Batman not "one note"

For that matter, what comic book character isn't "one note" ?

You're a fucking idiot, pal

Then who is for adults? Golgo 13?

Never got any Edmund Dantes vibes from Frank. Just because it's revenge doesn't make it similar. I see more in common with Paul Kersey from Death Wish.

All-Star Batman and Robin Batman is probably the craziest incarnation of the character. Frank Miller took everything that people took from his Batman runs (the grim, gritty insanity) and cranked it up to 11.
Legitimately the funniest Batman comic I've ever read

I don't know why people consider Punisher edgy teen material when he's been shown to be pretty human at times.

>gary stu the character
>for adults

What a cutie

Frank is literally "I kill people, I think I'll go kill some more people, and I've decided to continue killing people."

Batman isn't just his costume. He's also Bruce Wayne, and he has far more character depth and exploration than the Punisher ever has. The Punisher's most interesting characters are usually his side characters or cameos. Fuck, Daredevil is a better example than Batman, Daredevil explores themes of guilt, relationships, law, religion and killing. You're literally retarded to say comic book characters are all one note just because your favorite character's most interesting trait is a fucking skull.

You've clearly never read a Punisher book shut up

Currently reading the entire Ennis run. Stay mad, faggot.

you'll change your mind when you're done. or maybe as early as Mother Russia and The Slavers.

>killing is bad hurrrr

This board is not for people under 18

>missingthefuckingpoint.jpeg

About halfway through Mother Russia and Frank's defining character trait and motive is "I kill criminals". His supporting cast is infinitely more interesting than he is.

True. The thing about punisher max is that there's not much characterization in frank. it's almost always about the villains. frank just kills, it's how and why he kills them is the fun part. plus it's really easy to get into the punisher. all you need to know is that his family got gunned down by mobs and that's it. personally i think the slavers and up is down, black is white is the best max arcs so you're going to love the next ones. oh and if you havent read welcome back frank, do it or just the third issue. if you don't agree with his justification, the you won't like frank.

You can't really defend Frank "Tank a Penance Stare" Castle with accusations of the other guy having plot armor.

Frank doesn't kill innocents though. he almost killed himself when he thought he killed a child by accident.

I never meant to say he's a bad character. I like Punisher comics, I just always thought Frank was the least interesting character in them. The only time I found him really interesting was in "Born", and he's a fucking lunatic for the whole story.

That's retarded.

>"Tank a Penance Stare"
Do you even know how that works?

That's unrealistic in a world where the Punisher takes a chain gun and fires it at a house filled with children literally in the beginning of Punisher MAX

He does not care and in the course of his war would have killed at least a handful of innocent people if not dozens

It's why vigilantes are generally frowned upon, because if the cops fuck up as much as they do, what makes Frank fuckin' Castle so special?

The writers can't seem to decide.

But if remorse was a qualifier it would be completely useless to begin with.

>another Amalgam universe happens
>this time Batman and Punisher are fused
>he's the Banisher
>sends criminals to the shadow realm

You guys think Best Tiger could take on Midnighter?

He doesn't kill innocents. that's his power.none were killed in his attack on the cesares. he killed a bunch of vigilantes that basically were worshipping him because they accidentally killed innocents. that's just how he was written.

also both of their families got murdered by guns

Microchip

and jigsaw's son

>Punisher never killed an innocent guy!!!

this is almost as bad s the Hulk never killing anyone by accident.
it also proves how comicbooks are for manchildren, since they want their "dark anti-hero vigilante" but don't actually have the guts to take it seriously

and to finish it

>fought in vietnam
>never killed an innocent

sure thing, americuck

Wasn't that retconned to Iraq war vet?

as in netflix's daredevil?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Don't really keep up with Punisher and after he went Frankenstein I dropped it. Heard that some time after that his origin was retconned to Iraq war vet to keep him young.

Last time I heard he's a Gulf War vet now. It'll most likely be retconned to Iraq War in the future.

Moon knight is as deep as a cereal bowl and his special moves all suck is MCoC

'Nam soldiers didn't kill innocents, that was a lie put together by the American media to strengthen anti-war sentiment and further ruin the lives of incoming war veterans.

>Dey was good boys
>Dindu nuffin
>Was going to church and getting mo money for they Fortunate Son records

There were incidents were American soldiers did kill civilians, but a good majority was done by the completely inept South Vietnamese army, especially all the misplaced air strikes. It's ignorant to assume every single American soldier in Vietnam was bloodthirsty killer who enjoyed drinking the blood of Vietnamese babies.