LOOK! TWO SKELETONS DEAD AHEAD!

>LOOK! TWO SKELETONS DEAD AHEAD!
Why has nobody made a reboot of Skeleton Warriors?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2006/11/02/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-75/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it wasn't that good.

Neither was stuff like Voltron, but the reboot is pretty cool.

But Voltron actually has nostalgia behind it, for better or worse (if this were a year ago I'd say "for worse", but VLD redeems the shittiness of both GoLion and Voltron Force).

It's remembered fondly by 80s kids for being the first gattai super robot show broadcast in most of North America, and was successful enough back then that they commissioned original Lion Force episodes from Toei, in addition to the Fleet of Doom movie that teamed them up with Vehicle Voltron.

Skeleton Warriors had ONE season on the CBS Action Zone, and I don't think that block was particularly popular because most of the shows from it are forgotten, and CBS instead started to rely on the Disney Afternoon shows which were licensed to them before Disney bought ABC in '95. That's also the year when TMNT and Skeleton Warriors both ended, and I don't think CBS bothered with original animation after that. I remember they had a block of stuff like Madeline and Anitole, but that was all E/I-approved foreign stuff that they just licensed.

I remember the toys being sold at Big Lots in the late 90s/early 00s, so they probably weren't big movers either. Shame, cuz despite the lousy articulation they were some of Playmates' best designs ever.

As for the show itself, I only saw the first episode as a kid, and I remember thinking that the Skeleton Warriors themselves were cool, but the heroes and generic science-fantasy kingdom setting were cliche as all hell. I mean, even the makers had to have known that. There's a reason the show isn't called "The Legion of Light."

TL,DR: No, OP, I'm not arguing a Skeleton Warriors reboot wouldn't be cool. I'm simply answering your question as to why it hasn't, and probably won't happen.

It'd be neat if Playmates used some of that TMNT money to try other properties, but doubtful.

On the upside, it looks like this toys Kickstarter succeeded. I'd link to it, but Sup Forums thinks it's spam.

>It's remembered fondly by 80s kids for being the first gattai super robot show
Oh yeah, also forgot to mention it was reran on Toonami in the 90s, so really there's at least two generations of kids with some affection for it

Probably fear of soccer moms complaining that its "too demonic" or something.

>SKELLINGTON WARRIORS

an interesting concept and great voice acting bogged down by an incredibly predictable, formulaic production methodology designed to sell toys, and not to tell an engaging story.

the first step in rebooting it would be to completely ignore everything besides "science fantasy," "jetbike space knights" and "enemy skeletons." you'll have to be careful though, because at that point it's basically just He-Man.

the second step would be to come up with like 1,000 terrible bone-related puns.

I'm sure there's a writer out there who could find humer in that task.

BOCO SHUT THE FUCK UP I KNEW THAT WAS YOU I AIN'T EVEN GOTTA LOOK

The fucking Satanic panic "Skeletor is DEMONIC!" nonsense was once a thing in the 80s, but it was old-hat by the time fundies dedicated themselves to fighting a losing war against Harry Potter, and that was the last time I've ever heard of the religious right getting booty-blasted by fictional characters in the media.

SKELETON WARRIORS DADADA DA DA

Good to know. Lord knows we've dealt with them enough already.

Props for the Black Dynamite reference, by the way.

Not to mention that despite the newsmedia and even the White House giving the "Moral Majority" movement waaaay too much legitimacy in the 80s, MoTU, and just about every other 80s franchise that fundies thought were heathen propaganda were STILL uber-successful. Everybody remembers "I HAVE THE POWER!", but who remembers some nutter going on the news to say "'I have the Power!' is BLASPHEMOUS because the power is GAWD'S!"

Ya think He-Man will ever be taken seriously again? Or is the homo-erotism too hard to ignore?

It boggles the mind that no one has tried to do a new He-Man movie in this era of shameless remakes and nostalgia cash grabs.

There's one in the works last time I checked.

Good luck to them, they'll need it.

They're trying. Last I heard, John Glover was cast to play Skeletor. That was years ago.

To be fair, do you WANT another heartless cash-grab MoTU movie?

the original 'Masters of the Universe' bombed at the box office, and that was in 1987 at the peak of He-Man's popularity.

what will really coloncrucify you is knowing that the MotU movie was originally going to be a New Gods movie, but Cannon studios didn't want to take a risk on an unproven IP.

Guess that explains why skeletor spends half the movie in a chair

DA DA DA DA DA DA

He-man has way too much content to be relegated to a movie unless they get over needing to do an origin story every time they reboot a franchise. Sad thing being I want to see a live action introduction of she-ra.

>the MotU movie was originally going to be a New Gods movie

It's a popular theory, but not really true:

goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2006/11/02/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-75/

It was meant by the director to be a tribute to Kirby's comics work, but it was never intended at any point during its development to be a New Gods movie.