The Twilight Zone gets brought back into the modern day. What types of episodes would there be for the first season...

The Twilight Zone gets brought back into the modern day. What types of episodes would there be for the first season? How would it be similar or different than the original?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2NiyEWfSD_U
youtube.com/watch?v=QMAUld-2i48
youtube.com/watch?v=2Znqt2b8CKQ
qntm.org/fiction
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone:_The_Movie#.22Time_Out.22
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They already did that twice. The 80s version was ok, but the Forrest Whitaker version was dogshit. It would have to be like a premium HBO show with a big budget to succeed.

Its called black mirror

Since the show was essentially based on contemporary sci-fi short stories, it will utterly suck because all sci-fi publications are 100% cucked at the moment.

A man wakes up in a world where everyone loves and supports Drumpf.

I don't want an "updated" version. I want a retro show that looks and feels exactly like the original but while using modern FX to do shit not possible on the original. Make it black & white and set it in the late 50's/early 60's. Adapt GREAT stories and there's no reason why it couldn't success with a limited number of episodes on Netflix!!!

That sounds great, but it would be prohibitively expensive for every episode to take place in the 50s/60s.

Why? Do what Mad Men did and shoot it on the studio backlots while CGI could be done dirt cheap in black and white. You wouldn't even need a big crew, just shoot it with GoPro 4k cameras. I don't see how it would be that expensive, I really don't!!!FACT!!!

>Tweens get stuck in a town with No technology of any kind

Black Mirror is too focused on one subject. Twilight Zone had more variety.

Black Mirror has a tech edge to it and is just one or another variation of "Human abuse technology and fuck itself in ass"
Twilight Zone had tech, magic, mythology, or just people being their own worst enemies. I don't imagine Black Mirror doing an episode like The Silence

A man walks around town, wondering why every building is lit up, but no one is there. The episode ends with a dark building filled with people who chase him.

So... they're shadow people or something? You're going to have to expand upon this.

Waste of quads.

There's no theme in that.

I could see them do a throwback episode where a guy gets transported into an episode of the original twilight zone series

No, they're normal people who don't want to be in the light. The episode would just end in a cliffhanger. Also worth noting, it would take place at night.

youtube.com/watch?v=2NiyEWfSD_U

That doesn't really make any sense.

Maybe it would be similar to the Buster Keaton episode where he travels from the 1890s to the 1960s.

Not a bad idea. The main character could be a huge fan of the original show and goes through some of the most famous TZ moments.

Men stroll around a website, wasting digits. A 16-ton weight falls from the sky, crushing them.

It makes perfect sense. The episode would start with a guy eating a sandwich and drinking something at a diner, everything is lit up. He looks outside, and it's very dark, maybe raining a bit. Then he decides to look around the diner, and realizes that there's no one there. He can't remember who brought him the sandwich, because there's no one working. So he goes walking outside. Throughout the episode, he notices that every building is lit up, but there aren't any people. He can enter a supermarket or something, and spend some time there.
The episode ends with him finding the only dark building at the end of a street. He checks the windows, and there's no one inside, until he checks one windows, and someone pops out.
He backs up, and a bunch of people run from the building and begin chasing him. As he's running back, all the shops that were once lit are now dark like everything else. The end.

Radical feminist acts a poor old man. Cursed to slowly transform into a man. Episode ends with her old friends hunting her down for being a secret agent of the patriarch. This plot could also be applied to MRAs.

The original show already predicted the rise of Adolf Drumpf. xD

youtube.com/watch?v=QMAUld-2i48

You've never seen a Twilight Zone episode, have you?

That's a fucking horribly idea.

Tales From The Crypt instead please.

You happy you got that one out of your system?

One guy wakes up just surrounded by people. They've broken into his house, they've fucking climbed up to his roof and are at his window. It's a fucking massive mob. Theyre silently staring him down. He tries to communicate and whatnot but he gets nothing. The constant attention starts to drive him nuts and he freaks out. And it's like a commentary on like fame just makin people crazy. Kinda like that one Black Mirror episode but eh

White Bear? It was a great episode.

Why? I watched the Maple Street episode.

Yes, and the Maple Street episode had a theme of paranoia and instinctive tribalism tearing a seemingly perfect community apart and was incredibly poignant considering it was created during the Red Scare.

Your shitty idea has a theme of....?

Not a fan of dark humor?

>Radical feminist acts a poor old man

???

An anti-war episode involving Iraq or Afghanistan. The original series had many anti-war episodes.

Do you all think there's a good story to be made out of a main character that receives emails from a recently deceased friend or family member?

Kinda like the Black Mirror episode

Feminist/MRAs/white nationalist/black supremacist. The point of the story is about the mob mentality that from around identitarian movements that leads to the othering/dehumanizing of people how disagree with or are the target of said movements. Ultimately it's a dark humor story.

No I'm asking about your typo. Did you mean to say "attacks"? Autocorrect get you or...?

I've never saw black mirror. I was thinking of the Twilight Zone episodes where characters receive calls from dead characters. I always thought those episodes would be better served with receiving letters because you can add a layer of plausibility to the story. The question could be are these letters being written by the dead character or where these letters written and mailed when the character was still alive, but they got lost and are just now being delivered.

In Black Mirror, the emails aren't that weird, since the person who receives them is aware of what's going on.

Who watching the Sy Fy marathon?

Your making me very curious to watch that episode of Black Mirror. What's the name of the episode?

Episode starts with news report of Trumps failure. everyone is shitting on Trump, and saying Hilliary would have been better. So a man wishes that Hilliary wins. He then wakes up the next morning to learn that he is in an alternate reality were Hilliary wins. He is exited at first until he turns on the news to see a report on all of Hilliarys failures. He then goes outside to see all of his friends shitting on Hilliary and talking about how trump would have been better. Episode ends with a Jeb Bush loading a revolver then slowly enchant the gun to his skull
FADE TO BLACK
THE END

A bunch of leftist propaganda and evil fascist space Nazis named Donald oppressing the young, female colored lead. The last twist is that they say that's it's our real Earth in year 2020. Liberals and faggy Europeans literally drown in semen from the ensuing circlejerk.

That is some abysmal writing, user.

best Twilight Zone intro coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=2Znqt2b8CKQ

These. Black mirror is only ever focused on SEX. Twilight zone never stooped that low

I am.
>tfw noone will believe Mr. Frisby

This guy is pretty okay qntm.org/fiction

kys

Actually I could see a variant of this working. Make them nameless and either both women or men and fairly different from their IRL counterparts. Maybe its slightly in the future too.

Or maybe two political groups constantly at each others throats keep alternating control of a country, promising to fix the shit done by their predecessor, and something something people just want to join an in-group even if it means destruction rather than working together to achieve something

It's from season 2. It's called "Be right back". It's not a very mysterious episode, but it's kind of interesting.

GET THIS

IT IS LIKE A MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET, EXCEPT INSTEAD OF SANTA, IT IS ANUBIS.

Sort of giddy for the SciFi marathon coming at midnight, look forward to these TZ marathons that happen about two times a year

Pic related is my present favorite episode of tTZ.

>Iraq war veteran wakes up
>it is September 10th, 2001
>he starts trying to warn people about what is coming tomorrow
>men in black show up and chase after him, trying to prevent him from warning people
>this leads him to believe 9/11 was a false flag, and he begins warning people that America is trying to kill it's own citizens
>the man manages to stop the attacks from happening while spreading the "truth" about America
>big reveal is the men in black are from the timeline where he prevents 9/11, but causes an even greater calamity by spreading the false idea that America was to blame
>they were trying to stop him just like he was trying to stop the terrorist attack
>episode ends with him realizing he's doomed his country by acting on incorrect information

I feel like you're forgetting that in 2001 we didn't have social media or smartphones. Many people still had dial up internet.

Twilight zone is pure social and political commentary dressed up as scifi

Black Mirror is dude what if this happens in a few years whoah

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW HE DOES IT, user. Just imagine a guy with no identity shows up, names all the terrorists involved in the attack and when it will happen, then tells people America is to blame. Somehow that action snowballs into some future destruction of his country.

Well I'm merely pointing out a flaw in your story. What platform would he use to somehow reach all the greater American public? Also, I find it somewhat unlikely that a random Iraq veteran would remember the names of the terrorists involved in 9/11.

That involves a paradox with the black suits causing their catastrophy, but not one with the main character causing 9/11. That's stupid.

i like it, but I feel it needs to resolve into something else.

True, Iraq veterans are all rural and suburban retards.

Why would there be a greater clamity from people thinking America was to blame for preventing 9/11?

A white man wakes up to find that all his friends and family are suddenly black, and must survive the entire day without getting robbed or cucked.

There actually was a segment like that in Twilight Zone: the movie where a racist white man is turned into a lynched black and Jew during the holocaust.

No, there wasn't.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone:_The_Movie#.22Time_Out.22

You can't predict someone 18 years after their death.

Yep, and it would have ended with him learning a lesson if the lead actor and two children hadn't been horrifically decapitated during filming.

We also got something like that in the Forest TZ. A white man who leaves a black man to his fate wakes up to find that he is black, and proceeds to go through one trialing experience after another because of his race lift, including being in the same position as the black man he left to die.

>SciFi marathon coming at midnight

Holy shit thanks for the reminder

Person from 1780 who was involved in american revolution wakes up in present day, sees what sjws are doing the county, kills self

Way too many 'main character wakes up and...' scenarios.

>what sjws are doing the county

Is Sup Forums the most illiterate board?

Oh, a wikipedia link, that proves your claim.

>le Wikipedia is 10,000 % wrong and anyone can le edit it like it's Encyclopedia Dramatica meme

No he's correct. I want to clarify that he's talking about a segment from the 1983 Twilight Zone movie, not the original series.

"Pizzagate is a debunked conspiracy theory"
-Wikipedia

"replay or your mother dies" but it's actually real

>Gregor Samsa wakes up to see he has transformed into a giant cockroach

>he believes in a conspiracy theory that relies on "evidence" interpreted by projecting Sup Forums pedos

??

The Metamorphosis would make a good Twilight Zone episode.

It would make an even better rock opera, but that's beside the point

I'd imagine multiple episodes dealing with saturation of technology and social media. People being slaves to their smartphones. Stuff like that.

METAMORPHOSIS

ON ICE