Nolan's doing a WW2 movie about the Germans surrounding the British at Dunkirk. What does Sup Forums think?

Nolan's doing a WW2 movie about the Germans surrounding the British at Dunkirk. What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BxJaL-DjyqA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dunkirk
youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_I_films
youtube.com/watch?v=yM9BWtppzko
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm excited fairly unknown story from the war and probably gonna be a epic war film. We need more war films.

I am both scared and hopeful. Scared because of the propaganda, hopeful that there will be none. The again, they might not show any germans at all.

He's filming or has filmed scenes in infamous Urk, the Netherlands. Expect inbred looking extras.

>Germany offered peace to England almost 20 times
>Germany hold their troops before they reach Dunkirk so the Anglos can run away, when they could slaughter them like sheep
>Jews gonna shit on Germany again

Yeah, just fuck.

"When danger reared its ugly head, they bravely turned their tales and fled"
Way to leave the left flank exposed and let the French get encircled. They were like the Romanians to the Germans in Stalingrad, except the Romanians actually fought.

Who is that ?

The star of the movie

What a retarded extra

youtube.com/watch?v=BxJaL-DjyqA

Really cool trailer, almost unique setting, Nolan makes enjoyable flicks, stars Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy. I will be seeing it.

Who is 'Nolan' ?

Don't bother - I don't really care.

It's going to be another "Bridge Too Far"
Movies about working out a military fuck-up never end up well. However, since it's Nolan it will make money.

More excited about that movie about Desmond Doss coming as well, can't remember its name on top of my head.
Pretty cool guy.
Though that will probably be leftist propaganda, despite the main char being hardcore christian.

Going to watch this as well though I just don't seem to find anything redeemable in it.

You just know the nazies will be made out to be the bad guys that doesn't hold back and only bravery and hard fought tactical retreat will save the day.

>Expect inbred looking extras.
Kek, pic related when you google "urk inwoners" (urk inhabitants).

Urk is a mess, Urk is a waste.

Hitler stopped his forces because he was concerned about his flanks and the issue of supply the British Just got lucky hitter excepted his exhausted Luftwaffe to finish the British off.

What happened?

What do you mean what happened?

What is the story/ event that the film is based on

>yfw British as reliable as a dense forest in combat

Brittian was able to save the majority of its BEF in a miraculous evacuation across the channel the success of which made Germany second guess it's plan of invasion and instead lead to the battle of Brittian and the blitz.

>British forces bravely defend last bastion of Jews in France
>Churchill orders ships from all over country to rescue Jews
>French run away so Jews have to defend British troops as they hold the line
>Jews end up taking ships first leaving no room for Brits
>Jews divert ship to Eastern Europe to sell for a $$$ profit
>Hitler tries to capture culprit Jews to help his good friend Winston Churchill
>Because Jews already sold ships can't send Jews to England so puts them in camps

LEYTE GULF MOVIE WHEN?

God dammit, why are you even here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dunkirk

wiki article is probably full of false info and propaganda though.

The Brits ran away very successfully basically. It was a massive defeat with huge material loss but Churchill turned it into a moral victory somehow.

The world wonders

>Britbong doesn't know what the Dunkirk Evacuation is
I give up, Britain deserves to be take over by paki's if they don't even know their own history.

That was why I asked here, I don't like Wikipedia
I only wanted a few sentences to summarise what went on

ehehe

would actually pay to see a battle off samar movie

Quality post.

Fuck off, we're finally getting a film where the Allies actually lost. No heroic last stand, just a pure tuck tail and run loss. I know history looks upon it favorably but it's still very hard to glorify, especially on screen.

I'm still waiting for my Jutland movie. Hollywood's all about muh Nazis.

What about the French who fought the delaying action?

youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY

"My General, as there's no more way of relying on the English cooperation, the mission which was given to me will be performed by the sole French troops.

We, the French, are bound by an imperative mission of resisting until death to save as many troops as possible on the beachhead of Dunkirk As long as this goal is not reached, we'll keep our positions."

-Vice Admiral Jean-Marie Charles Abrial, battle of Dunkirk

...perfidious albion strikes again

The French who had no choice but to surrender or die since the Brits only spared the bare minimum worth of ships to evacuate them? They are very heroic indeed, but we all know Dunkirk is a British story.

>WW2 films from allied countries.

Ehh Jutland is pretty and all but kinda just a standard battle.
I must admit I like underdog movies and "Taffy 3" is seriously the underdog here.

They will. Dont believe for one second they will allow nazis to have any redeeming qualities of humanity.

>no choice but to surrender or die
or fight, like they did while the brits fled back to their island

>Dunkirk is a British story
was "made" into a British story

just like Churchil trying to steal Free France gold reserve at Dakar was an operation to secure the gold from the nazis...

...eternal anglos strikes again

Fair enough, tin-can destroyers versus heavy cruisers is good for cinema.

I just hate how WWI got skipped over for cinema. Instead we have Battlefield 1 now which teaches that France and Russia played no role in the war.

For a real underdog story to be made into a film look up "Battle of Cochin"

Or sinking the french fleet

Preaching to the choir lad, I know full well the extend of British perfidy.

Of course. Hollywood jewery knows no bounds. I'm just saying how it is.

Urk should have stayed an island.

Yeah, because (((Hollywood))) can't make pro jewish propaganda with WW1. After all, they were the one betraying their host country and slaughtering millions of christians in russia.

with the rise of the alt-right, jew-hollywood is probably going into full damage control. We are about to be hit with a bunch of propaganda. Some anti-german movie with harry potter is coming out soon

Bravo, Nolan. Tackling this will be a big topic.

>Heroic last stand

>Battle off Samar

>Biggest naval mismatch in history

Kys senpai

>starring Tom Hardy
>directed by Bravo Nolan
>about one of the greatest allied feats in WW2

True that, the only real WW1 movies I can think of are the "All Quiet on the Western Front" movies.
If you haven't watched it I would recommend the 1979 version with Ernest Borgnine.
Oh and The Red Baron (2008) as well, though it is not as great but worth a watch.

What's there to really see in the movie? People ran away while the Germans didn't attack, so what's the draw?

BRAVE ANGLO

No one cares about your nip subjugation yank. Fuck off.

you know fuck all, read a book about it twat

I dunno man France was lost at that point against overwhelming odds the evacuation was the allies best chance in he long run. Also they evacuated the French to and formed the free French. I admit that the delaying action should be regarded as a heroic stand for the French but the evacuation was needed and probably kept the Allies from losing the war all together.

>He's never seen Black Hawk Down

BRAVO NOLAN
KINO IS SAVED

What did Chris ''one take'' Nolan mean by this

If I take off that smile, will you die?

I love Nolan extras

they were given a choice, they chose to risk siding with the germans.oh and what did the danes do during the war?

Funny thing is I've seen all those and found plenty more. My goal is to watch all of them on the wikipedia list: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_I_films
>Westfront 1918
>Shocktrup
>Zeppelin
>Black and White in Color
>The Big Parade
>Cruiser Emden
>Paths of Glory
>Sergeant York
>Johnny Got his Gun
>Gallipoli
>Josef

Austria-Hungary put out a ton of really hard to find propaganda docs too near the end of its lifetime. I always like watching them because I had a relative who was wounded in Italy and ended up "acting" in quite a few of them in place of front-lines combat.

Big issue is that there's so few films on the Italian front and the Russian front.

What did you lose? 19 guys or something?
Kills at least 200 niggers

Only america calls that a defeat

good, good... I should have know that the most redpilled people on earth concerning the anglos are the Irish

Or let the brits attacking our fleet when we tried to join them

"Despite our crushing superiority in numbers and material, the French counter-attack in many places...

I don't manage to understand how these soldiers, fighting outnumbered one to twenty, still find the strength to launch any assault. That's astounding.

I find again in these French soldiers the same ardour of those of Verdun in 1916"

-General Georg Von Külcher, battle of Dunkirk

Maybe that explains why some choose to ally with German rather than brits

Wrong. Only the 1st world. I don't know about the 2nd.

The French kind of fucked themselves in the Battle of France. Sure, the British pushing themselves into Belgium didn't do any good, but the breakthrough into France happened in French lines.

I don't agree that this should be some kind of Pro-British Gung Ho film. It was essentially a defeat, a major one too. Propaganda tried to paint the action as some kind of victory, but essentially the British Empire died on the shores of Dunkirk.

He's a happy guy.

>war is about K/D ratio

Pathetic

but they didnt, they folded like a pack of cards. more brits could have been evacuated if they hadnt had to fill gaps left by the fleeing french.

>Italian lecturing people on what was important in WWII

Ahahahahahaba

don't make me add hot water to your espresso again

it's going to be a big kino

By your logic Germany won World War II.

At least we didn't declare on Germany and fucked over the western world.
But to answer your question we were kinda like Italy, fought a bit for both sides.
Sold some weapons and weapon specs to the germans since apparently one of our 20mm cannon designs were bretty gud.

Actually it was closer to 1000

>160 vs 6000
>loses 19

kek, nigger master race

>peace
>hey, we know we forced you to declare war after invading Poland, but we totally want peace as long as you are ok with giving us all the land both in Poland as well as in France
>that's totally not going to destroy your hegemony as well as world balance of power. Also, don't even worry that that's going to show your weaknesses to your population and probably going to cause a revolution

A cool one if you can find it is the lost battalion it had a bunch of the guys who where in band of brothers before before it came out.

>France was lost at that point
defeatism...

How would you react if USSR and China had invaded a weaker America and two weeks after conquering the west coast all your allies said "We should retreat and regroup in Canada, we will launch a counter-assault in 5 years if the anglos send help"

notice how the brit is not even thinking about fighting himself
notice how he has entered phase 2 : 'bargaining'

just two for your courage

BRAVO ANGLOS
R
A
V
O

It's probably going to be very historically inaccurate but will still be enjoyable to watch.

Reminder that it was the critical defence of Calais that bought the allies the time they needed to evacuate Dunkirk. If Calais fell to the Germans earlier then the evacuation would have failed. I bet the movie completely ignores this.

please die

Trailer looks pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=yM9BWtppzko

>fairly unknown
We spent too much damn time on it in US history 2 actually.

Remain voters everyone

>Churchill will be depicted as a brave leader despite actually being an inept coward

PLANE?

Better to live to fight another day then die and be done with it. If the Evacuation never took place and the French and BEF destroyed then that knocks the UK out of the war. And that's game over. Believe me it sucks how the UK pretty much abandoned France and that the French where some fierce bastards who went down swinging but at that point against those odds you couldn't really do much.

>>Churchill will be depicted as a brave leader despite actually being an inept coward

fuck off naziboo LARPer

Churchill was a war hero in his day who escaped from a POW camp. And he left his cushy job in Parliment to led men into battle in WW1. Also, he won.

You should know brit

4 U

Um Gallopi begs to differ.

>lead men into battle

Top laff

All he ever did was sit behind his admiral's desk and design retarded shit like operation menace

The very definition of a parvenu

>aircraft fired at least 1 .38 caliber handgun at Japanese cruisers
Can someone draw a picture of this?

Why can't we have Hollywood made WW2 movies like in the 50s, 60s, or 70s anymore, where each side speaks their respective language with subtitles, like in Tora!Tora!Tora!, or The Longest Day?

Kek. Nicely done

>where each side speaks their respective language with subtitles

Saving Private Ryan did that though.

Kids growing up playing Call of Duty, what do you expect?

God I would give my left nut to see the longest day remade today to be ultra realistic and high deff.

He left his job in Parliament as a direct consequence of Gallipoli, to serve in the trenches.
Show me any modern leader who would do that.

>literally "it's just a prank bro!"

Only if you clone John Wayne first

It could go either way. They would probably CGI in most of the extras instead of having real people. I would like to see it in color, though.