It isn't that great right? It comes around forced as fuck in my opinion

It isn't that great right? It comes around forced as fuck in my opinion

It was ok. Better than Snowpiercer or The Host. Gyllenhaal, Swinton, and Dano were all pretty good.

>or the host

WRONG time to kys

Gyllenhaal's character was too over the top it felt like a cartoon.

>or The Host
that's because you're not korean and didn't actually understand the host. okja was a decultured mess meant for (((international))) audiences aka faggy white peepow, which is why you liked it better than an actual Kino.

>better than the host

Wrong!

what was forced in your opinion OP?

Never understood the appeal of him. At least everyone hates his gross sister.

He's the go to actor of the new wave of fedoraflicks

sexy hippo

It was cute but I'm still eating meat so fuck you I guess

She's a little chubby, but calling her a hippo is just mean.

>faggy white peepow
There's a black dude I know that seems to use the phrase "wypipo" a lot. He's linked to nigger internet articles that use the phrase too.

I refuse to believe that's actual slang used amongst the black community.

I've seen off my vegen friends love it. Is it somekind of liberal propaganda drenched bullshit?

Just to be clear: the movie explicitly states that those things could help fight world hunger but still takes an opposing stance to that because of muh feelings right? Thats what i got from the trailer and it seems absolutely retarded.

how about you watch it and form an opinion yourself

The movie is not anti-meat, it is anti-factory farming.

I guess it shows that not everyone can ever win with today's politically correct world. There's no clear cut happy ending for anyone except the big corporation. Just depends on the viewers stance.

How about I get a simple rundown on Sup Forums board I waste
2-3 episodes worth of my precious time? I could be fugging ur mom instead, you know.

>is retarded

i guess it checks out

That's the kind of vibe the director usually goes for in his endings. Always leaves you feeling unsettled. Best example is memories of murder. Has to be one of the greatest films of all time. From what I can see he has tried to end each of his other movies with a similar mood.

(You)

Yeah was expanding on a point. This is my diary.

It pains me to say it but Gyllenhaal was the worst part, maybe even the only bad part.

*the best part, maybe even the only good part

He played it too well

It's pretty great until ALF introduced themselves. Also Gyllenhaal nonsense brings nothing but headaches. It's hard to root for Mija when she's stuck in grumpy mode for most of the movie.

>better than the host

wew lad

Yeah thats decadent and stupid.

We wont be able to feed 9 billion people with free-roaming cattle, compromises need to be made for efficiency or only the rich will eat.

the prolateriat will rise

And eat soy and corn i guess because thats among the most efficient providers of calories.

Stop feeding the cattle all of those grains and you could feed a fuckload more people too.

i mean it shows the animals getting slaughtered. factory or anti factory, theyre still making way into people's mouths.

Very on the nose. Worst I've seen from the director. Not great, not bad, 6/10

I have mixed feelings. Some parts I thought were really good and some parts I thought were sub par

My opinion might be fucked up though because my shitty roommate sat down half way through and started watching it and kept talking about how the movie was stupid because "that's how animals are supposed to be treated"

>episodes

I didn't like it. I thought the pig looked fake.

Felt the same and had no shitty roomate around.

It's a CG hippo/pig hybrid, doesn't get faker than this.

I want to slap Mija.

>Best example is memories of murder
Isn't that one based on a real story where the murderer was never found?

There are a lot of plants with worse nutrient efficiency than meat.

reminder that if you eat meat you are an accomplice to the same animal abuse as seen in this film and worse

Its 1/10 garbage

Gyllenhaal and Dano sucked fucking ass

This movie is all over the place with tone, with the first half of the movie being a fun kiddie animal adventure movie going into animal rape, slaughter body mutilation. Also there was alot of swearing wich makes me wonder what the audience for the movie actually is.

>Some parts I thought were really good and some parts I thought were sub par
That's how I felt about snowpiercer too. Shit like the classroom and the fight with the axes was great but the movie was just so uneven

Just watched the Host and I thought it was trash, that archer sister was a qtpie though. Was a bit suprirsed because I thought memories of murder was brilliant, a real solid movie with interesting characters, great dialogue, nice pacing and some really good camera work but my god the host was just awful in every department.

Wouldn't mind some detective/crime related movies like it desu

Name one (1) nutrient

And I'm perfectly fine with that.

what didnt you like about it?

>Boohoo the meat industry is so bad if you had a food animal as a pet and a friend you wouldn't wanna kill it you'd want to love it fuck capitalism

Except all the people who work in the agriculture industry and work around livestock are salt-of-the-earth right wing as shit midwesterners and hate vegans more than disease, because at least you can cure diseases.

Okay, at least you're not in denial

>forced
How? Or do you mean blunt? It's message is not subtle but when it issue is so deeply rooted in the current day's society it's okay to be blunt.

except koreans thought The Host wasn't anything special while westerners praised it and showered it with awards. The Host got snubbed for every domestic award and by korean critics.

fucking kinofags

Movie was pretty good when it was just the girl, pig, and grandpa chilling in the mountains. Gyllanhaal was too cartoony, as well as Swinton. The movie was all over the place with tones, it was half adventure rescue and half horror/shock, kind of perfectly depicted by the ALF betrayal beat down scene.

The message of the movie was pretty shallow. If you are a vegan, of course you are going to try and show it to as many people as you can to back up your beliefs. If you eat meat, it probably wont change any of your habits. If you raise your own meat and have no issues already eating an animal that you knew personally, nothing is going to change for you.

It was very even handed with its portrayals of the various competing interests.

The Animal Welfare fucks were shown to be unrealistic, highly emotional and nonsensical, while the corporation was shown to be motivated initially by a false facade of "caring" which was later stripped away to pure capitalist unemotional greed.

It has the same problem as The Island though; don't create intelligent creatures if you are going to indiscriminately harvest them for resources. Okja created a pulley under duress for shits sake, she's smarter than most negros.

The two superpigs lifting the electrified fence at the end was eye roll worthy

>Better than Snowpiercer or The Host.
You can fuck off with that horseshit.

Sums it up pretty well.

Reminder that Jon Ronson isn't a vegan (he's been vegetarian for about 5 years though) and has explicitly stated that the movie is anti-factory farming rather than pro veganism

who else recognized it was Paul Dano before he took off the mask?
I didn't look at who was in it before either

Both are severely overrated

>people actually liked The Host
What the fuck?

It gets circlejerked on Reddit quite often

who the fuck are you talking to dude? No one is making that argument. You are literally replying to an imaginary argument you think people you don't like have.

All you fucking shitlords think a movie has to represent an ideal, or a political stance. It fucking does not. Movies are just a way of showing how some hypothetical people might deal with a hypothetical situation. screw you for politicising everything you see cause you can't remove yourself from a fucking story.

How was that not obvious as shit? They even take the piss out of the Not-PETA terrorists. they are all trying to derail this corporation but they are trying out the jerky and commenting on how good it is. or that one guy that almost passes out because of his never ending purity spiral where he thinks that eating anything at all will increase his carbon footprint.

This movie was about corporate greed and it's close relationship to modern politics(as referenced by the obvious stand-ins for Hillary and Obama) and the lack of morality that it leads to, with the subject being used to portray that being the fucked up world of modern factory farming conditions.

This movie didn't really have a political slant and if anything the villains were painted as being liberals since they tried to mask their cruelty with the promise of an eco-friendly all natural meat that would solve world hunger. Anyone who says this movie is vegan propaganda is a shill.

Worst aspect of the movie.

I bet you think its about how its wrong to eat meat

no i think about how wrong it is to eat factory produced meat

I stopped eating mammals a while ago cause I felt bad about how close their level of sentience is to ours (especially pigs, funnily enough) but I still eat chicken and fish as I don't believe they have the capacity to experience suffering in the same way.

Also I have a hereditary heart condition and I don't want to die by my mid 40s from too many cheeseburgers

meant for

Very healthy!

this, rest of the movie is great

It was fun but the rape scene was a bit much

Why even wear the mask? He's recognizable anyway.