Just saw this for the first time. It deserved Best Picture and made me very sad

Just saw this for the first time. It deserved Best Picture and made me very sad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gfaow4Ydzno
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ok so what was people's problem with the teenager in the movie? I thought his performance was fine.

People just want to bitch about something

This movie was fantastic, very well written and beautifully shot.

bump

Too bad the academy introduced affirmative action last year.

Is it true that Casey is a vegan? That's gross, that's racist. Veganism is white privilege: the diet.

i liked the movie and found his character a missed opportunity if anything, instead of giving him a deeper mindset or meaning he seemed to only care about "muh gf" and "muh band" mire than his dad actually dying. I think they had one scene where he cried over his dad and for the rest of the movie he was just whining about mundane teenage stuff, which I get that they were trying to portray him trying to get back to normal, but it just came out flat for some reason

I agree, I don't know how it got so much money at the box office though...it doesn't have major normie appeal imo.

stop baiting

>Anything I disapprove of is bait.
Word, cracker.

That's what I think was good about it though. He portrayed a kid his age in the situation well. It felt natural.

Aside from this, it allowed the main focus to be Afflecks character.

Being subtle is key, my man.

That's pretty realistic if anything. And I say this as someone who lost a close relative as a teenager. I kept the grieve to myself and to a minimum for some reason.

I agree, i think the director is very good and Margaret could have won best picture too.

>tfw i never knew who michelle williams was before the movie and mistook her for mary elizabeth ellis (charlie day's wife)

youtube.com/watch?v=gfaow4Ydzno

Yeah, well, white privilege isn't exactly subtle itself since it's omnipresent at all times. And veganism is its culinary incarnation.

I mistook her from the girl from Drive.

ok

Men are taught to keep their emotions inside. A teenage boy trying to be tough would obviously try to keep his true feelings within and distract himself.

It really is an incredible film. That scene shown in the OP image is heart wrenching.