Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L5b7uvjaddk
youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM
youtube.com/watch?v=Jee7q_DwhMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for jumping man

THERE WILL BE NO JUDY IN THIS THREAD

Dick Tremayne

What's with Mark Frost and the token Native American character?

S2 is equally as good as S1 if not better

Maggie best girl

>Sheryl, when is David going to film my scenes?
>Sheryl?

can we talk about judy for a second ?

youtube.com/watch?v=L5b7uvjaddk

>you will never go back to being the happy little Mike that you were in the 90s

she looks like a snapping turtle

>first
>not 1st

Son...

That envy on Fenn's face

Time is a cruel mistress

HELL GOD BABY DOLL NO

When is best boy Dick coming back?

Why do people have to age bros? :(

There is no cherry-picking here. Almost every subplot in S1 is handled better and more entertaining than the S2 subplots - especially so after the Laura case is wrapped up.

Every single villain in the first season is more or less neutered and made uninteresting in the second:
>Ben's slimy schemes and double-crosses are replaced a goofy Civil War reenactment
>Hank's menacing criminal activity is replaced with him largely being absent and finally beaten up by Nadine
>Leo's unstable violence and anger is replaced with him being in a wheelchair for 13 or so episodes - one great moment of payoff but then nothing afterward

To say nothing of the other characters who do nothing.

It's one thing to say "S2 isn't as bad as people say, if not better", which I would agree with. But saying "You can't say S2 is boring and monotonous without saying the same of the first season" is just being a contrarian for no reason.

how did Harry Dean Stanton get from North Dakota to Twin Peaks?

Patriotism is canon

By motor vehicle I presume.

>implying any of these characters were interesting in the first season

Cooper still looking fine af

Do you think David Lynch would like Evangelion? I'm curious.

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during the Twin Peaks finale. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic is evil Cooper) youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM

Pretty sure that guy used to drive a ZR1

The answer to that would be "yes," Sup Forums friend.

>I also think the Season 2 finale is the best episode in the entire series and still is even with the return.

I haven't watched every ep of the Return yet that's out, but I agree, at least that it is in the running for one of the best episodes in the whole series. I haven't seen anything in the new season yet that has had quite the same engrossing quality, because most of everything still feels too disjointed and unrelated to one another.

look at him and laugh

youtube.com/watch?v=Jee7q_DwhMs

season 3 is actually good. I was expecting the worst

>why did you leave me out of the picture

aging is a motherfucker

Ok, we get it; you're a tryhard. Go jerk off to clips from Inland Empire.

guy on the left is bob. look at his smile

All of these characters plots in S1 were just bad soap opera drama detracting from the serial killer case which was why everyone was watching, your opinionated and biased phrasing doesn't change that.

At least these characters were entertaining in S2 even if they were silly.

>look mom I posted it again!

eyes confirm this is NOT booper

Only for women lol.

It's kind of obvious what happened.

They noticed that the fan reaction to S1 was mostly talking about the quirky aspects of the show so they played that up for S2 and turned the whole thing into a dramedy with everyone acting goofy.

Lynch likely played along since it matches his comedic sensibilities but they all overplayed their hand. The audience evaporated since it became too oddball and you were essentially following nonsensical shit that ended up resembling a skit show.

Later shows of fairly similar nature like X-Files realized that so they ended up stringing out the main plot indefinitely while giving rounded-out episodes which could be serious or funny or a combination to cater to any audience.

rhonda worst girl

You are jelous.

10 points to Gryffindor for the first person that can tell me the make and model of car behind her

Not all.
>she's 70

jealous of what? posting the same shit every fucking day in a tv show general? nigga I'm jealous of real shit like people with good careers and gfs

>if you don't like bland generic melodrama you must only like avant-garde experimental film

How is Richard Sharpe Shaver a part of Twin Peaks canon? Why that bozo of all people to become part of the lore?

Can't believe that Frost can't even spell "derro" right, as in the abandonderro. Thinks they're some other ridiculous spelling. They're responsible for the Nazi party according to his Lemurian works. Bozo shit. They're in Dungeons & Dragons too.

my eccentric and motivated behavoir.

she doesen't look like chrysta bell to me

HE LIES AND SAYS THAT HE KNOWS THE END
CAN'T FIND THE VEDDER MAN

how do I get motivated bro ;_____;

>Jack Nances wife killed herself because he was too busy filming this

how could you live with that

Am I the only one who likes how Ben became a good guy in the end? I always liked him. I never was interested in Hank in the first season, he was just mysterious and that was about the most interesting part about him. Leo was always a joke.

Put down the fucking Oreos Sherilyn. Jesus.

>there are individuals in this thread that still underestimate the importance of Tammy's character

everyone thought Ben was dead

I'm not underestimating her ass, I don't really care either way about her character

if people actually took care of their bodies aging wouldn't be that bad. half the people who look awful after a certain age are just fat

Oh when Doc punches him? I just figured he got knocked out. That whole plot was fucking retarded. Why was Donna his daughter? What did that even add? In fact it basically just served to creat a blotch in an otherwise kino final episode with that stupid scene.

it is judy not tammy

shitlord detected

Let this be a lesson bros. 10/10 women like Sherilyn will only disappoint you as they get older.

Not that Sheryl wasn't hot, but she was more like an 8/10, but she still looks great 25 years later. Think with your upper head, not just the lower one.

Reagan is canon via Catherine

I agree in that the show became a victim of its own success. How often do you see characters in a show become more and more of a caricature of their personality until it's just a "wacky guy/gal" for the camera? I think this happened with a lot of Season 2. I suppose the TV writers were more or less following their natural instincts, but the show was better when the writers/directors went against the grain of network-tv expectations, not with them.

>bland and generic

lol, and you guys are accusing me of "biased and opinionated" readings of the episodes. There's nothing generic about Ben and Jerry's interactions and relationship in the first part of the show, up through ep10 of the second season. It is very strange, entertaining, and not unlike the usual bad-guy relationships you'd find on a typical show. The best part is that they are playful and funny even while they are doing some pretty awful stuff. But apparently you have such high standards that everything is just generic crap unless it is turned into complete silly pastiche.

That's one example. Even Donna's and James' scenes are better because the paces of their melodramatic teenage relationship are part and parcel of revealing more of the Laura mystery to the audience. Without that hook, the same melodrama in season 2's latter half is just flat and uninteresting.

Again, the subplots and characters were better integrated, which made them more interesting, even if some of the material was in your estimation so normal and orthodox for TV.

Probably, there's a decent analysis video on YouTube that compares the similarities between Twin Peaks/Evangelion, there's more than you'd think

Is Lynch America's greatest living film director?

>ever getting married

>not keeping yourself in shape and fucking with impressionable film students your entire life

Jack Nance and his wife filmed fetish videos together for quick cash, so they probably didn't have a stable life to begin with.

>David, can I sit down for all of my scenes? My hips aren't as strong as they used to be

But Gordon said it couldn't get any bluer :(

it doesn't get any bluer than this

Damn. I'm genuinely impressed.

Yes

Also what's with all the UFO nonsense in Secret History of Twin Peaks? It's all pulled straight from Wikipedia, some real Ancient Aliens shit. Kenneth Arnold and his 1947 sighting are real.

Friendly reminder that Sheryl is frowning in this picture because Moira had no idea what Lynch does with his actresses at that point

This may very well be accurate.

>Another week
AYUDAME

where's annie?

Too soon,man,cmon!!

>having that many split-ends and still going out in public

0/10 would definitely not bang

has Monica Bellucci shown up in the new series yet

I actually agree because there are more good S2 episodes than S1 episodes even if all of S1 is good where as only half of S2 is good. The other thing is that the best episodes of S2 are pure fucking kino even more than S1.

A R E Y O U H I M ?

How much shitposting would happen if this guy showed up?

A shitload.

RRRRRREEEEEEEEEE

She looks crazy as fuck