Feminists triggered because Olympic medalist is described in the only way that would make anyone care

Feminists triggered because Olympic medalist is described in the only way that would make anyone care.

>been there twice
>still hasn't figured out how to get gold
what a loser

She's actually right, but saying "Chicago native gets bronze medal" wont generate the headline buzz that "wife of bears player gets bronze medal" will.

They are actually right on this one, sorry. I hate news sources that make this mistake because they are literally the only reason feminists exist nowadays

>(((Schultz)))

Journalists typically follow an upside down pyramid style of writing, with the most relevant and interesting information up too and the lesser important/interesting information at the bottom. This is what they did for the title. The most interesting thing about this woman is that she's married to an athlete. The second most interesting thing is that she won a bronze medal.

I agree with OP on this one, if she wants to get name recognition attach her to someone who already does have it. Football is the most popular sport in America, her being the wife of a pro football player will generate her more recognition than just saying her name and that she is a bronze medalist, Americans don't care for the second loser.

I understand, but her name is far more important. What's wrong with , wife of , won

We'll, switch occupation and name and yeah that'd fine.

>because they are literally the only reason feminists exist nowadays

Cuckservative detected.

>M-m-maybe if we capitulate to their more reasonable demands, they'll leave us alone.

Because if she had no notable ties then it wouldn't even be worth an article. They would just list her name along with all the other third place winners our country churns out this month.

Corey Cudgell-Unrein, wife of Bears Lineman Mitch Unrein, wins bronze medal in today in Rio Olympics.
That's a pretty long headline

That's actually pretty shitty. Apparently she's an olympic athlete and they decided she was 3rd best at something in the world she should at least get her name up there.

chicago tribune done good :)

It's the fucking Chicago Tribune. You know, where the Bears are from. Probably to get more readers from Bears fans. Non-story.

Also, keep in mind that this is the Chicago Tribune, so the ties to the Bears will carry more weight among those readers.

they are flipping shit because its a conservative leaning paper.

if it was the daily herald with the same headline nobody wouldve given a shit.

I would never have known it was a conservative leaning paper from having read it

eh. it just leans further towards the center i guess.

I used to subscribe to both the Herald and the Trib. The Trib would be more critical of dems, especially the editorial page.

How is anyone reading this as a "gender" or "sexist" thing. The article is basically about a couple and a family that has strong prominence in athletics.

It's not that she is "in the shadow of her patriarch", its more like -

>"A successful, athletic couple - isn't that something?"

its an easier way to gain publicity because more people will connect with "bears lineman" wife than "Corey won a gold medal!!"....i bet her PR rep gave that information in order to get this story better coverage so dont think she gives a shit

they are whining about the title, user.

most people havent read the article.....