Why would a country purposefully erase their own history and heritage? Can these things ever be recovered?

Why would a country purposefully erase their own history and heritage? Can these things ever be recovered?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution
google.com/search?q=impact of the cultural revolution&oq=impact &aqs=chrome.1.69i57j35i39j0j5.5695j1j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

History and culture are nothing more than a meme to keep the masses in check.

The only thing that matters is how strong a nation is currently

>Random 1/1000000000 dude claims to be Jesus' brother
>Start a civil war thar kills dozens of millions chinks

You tell me

That's just an artistic interpretation, not a censorship

sad but true

Yea sure. People are dumbfucks in general and think in memes.
Did you forgot about WEWUZ?

please have mercy that pic makes me feel ill

You can't compare the BBC being cucks to what happened during and since the cultural revolution

>History and culture are nothing more than a meme

Can you really say it erased much when the cultural revolution lasted just a decade and the guy that succeeded Mao was vigorously anti-CR and anti-Mao? Sure, a few building may be gone, but buildings are just buildings, and the most important buildings and historical archives were protected by the sane party members.
The widespread famine however probably fucked up the values and morals of a few generations of chinks.

That's the power of lefties. Breaking things that work.

>anything happens in china
>60 million chinks die

>muh culture
>muh tradishuns

The sooner we as humans get rid of this divisive stuff the better

You can change the culture of a country within 10 years. We've had such instances in the Netherlands a couple times last century.

Just compare post and pre-WW2 Netherlands. Before we were a society with different social groups that didn't interact with each other. Afterwards we were a united country.

Before and after the hippies in the Netherlands. Which was a great cultural shift, especially when it came to religion and the role of females in society.

Before and after Pim Fortuyn. Who basically single handedly caused the country to be critical of migration and Muslims and more nationalistic.

>rootless new-worlder
LMAO

So enlighten me, what culture was lost during the cultural revolution, wise one?

Lol chink IDF

Here you go

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution

Foot binding was killed off by the cultural revolution. Totally worth it.

>muh wumao
>can't answer a simple question
What cultural difference you see between taipei and say, shenzhen?

the usa. probably not, its for the best.

Yes, read the whole thing, many times over many years
What culture was lost?
I only see relics rekt and people dead in that article

It's not exactly a topic suited for discussion on Sup Forums because of the format, but this web search brings up some good articles
google.com/search?q=impact of the cultural revolution&oq=impact &aqs=chrome.1.69i57j35i39j0j5.5695j1j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

The thing people don’t realize is that a lot of the time these honoured cultural traditions are completely retarded and destructive and deserve to be wiped out.

enjoy your cultural barren wasteland

>be chinese
>kill all birds
>starve to death

>History and culture are nothing more than a meme

This but unironically

Enjoy your arranged child brides and ruinously expensive animal sacrifices to the sun god.

You can have your own culture and unique identity without being a racist or a separist.